Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jrd wrote:
    well, i could do either. or both.
    but i'm not going to, because i know that you'd really, REALLY miss me... :p

:eek: who told you th.. umm.. I mean.. no I wouldn't! :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    eMMI wrote:
    :eek: who told you th.. umm.. I mean.. no I wouldn't! :p

gotcha!

:D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    gotcha!

you gotchme not! you never will! :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    you gotchme not! you never will! :p

yeah... i don't know what i meant, i just wanted to have the last word !
    and that's just not going to happen, is it...?

;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    yeah... i don't know what i meant, i just wanted to have the last word !
    and that's just not going to happen, is it...?

;)

indeed not. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    indeed not. :D

damn...
    jrd wrote:
    damn...

yes, it is kind of irritating isn't it? what a shame..
    eMMI wrote:
    yes, it is kind of irritating isn't it? what a shame..

grrrr... :mad:

Ok, you got me beat... at least one of us has to go and do some work :p
    i'm outta here...
    jrd wrote:
    grrrr... :mad:

Ok, you got me beat... at least one of us has to go and do some work :p
    i'm outta here...

:rolleyes: I have to work! I'm just taking a lot of mini breaks and replying here. :p (no, it's not busy at the moment)

EDIT: lol. oh and sorry for driving you out, didn't mean to. but of course I can't let you have the last word in when you were so obviously trying to have it. :p
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I think Emmi got the last word. :D

Did any of you get Jeff's cd? I am curious as to what it sounds like!

I was out last night, singing with a friends band (mostly backup) and i was back by 2 am, but I don't work at present time so it really was the only sensible thing to do. :p
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    I think Emmi got the last word. :D

Did any of you get Jeff's cd? I am curious as to what it sounds like!

I was out last night, singing with a friends band (mostly backup) and i was back by 2 am, but I don't work at present time so it really was the only sensible thing to do. :p

why of course I did. :D

didn't get the CD.. though I didn't even try. (is that a sin?) I too am curious what it's like though.

haha. definitely the only sensible thing to have done! :D I "have to" go out tomorrow night too. as fun as I'm sure it's gonna be I'm a tad worried about my bank account. lol. ah well, a friend only turns 21 once.

as I was in the middle of typing this, a lady came by and returned a DVD 35 (no, that's not a typo!) days late and when I asked her to pay 30 euro for it she said it was too much! bloody hell, if I'd charged what I'm supposed to (by our rules) it would've been well over a 100 euro. we both settled on 25 in the end.
  • jrd wrote:
    lightweight. bet you were drinking shandy as well... :rolleyes:

;)

no, only you drink that pisswater...
    eMMI wrote:
    you're such a fine, noble gentleman. :p

oh why thank you emmmi ;)

yep, 2.45am and just got home!
    2 nights in a row on the booze, had a lot more tonight but feel a lot more sober... i ate dinner tonight! that is why i feel better :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    3 days not much longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

to wobble my fat arse ! :p

and half my costum is stuck in customes shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

had a fun wkend seeing family I haven't seen for 20 years eek

how about the rest of you good wkend??
    emmi did u get some sleep yet???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I did absolutely nothing this weekend :)

Good luck for the show V.

For Emmi ... when we saw Blind Melon Babs thought one of the guitarists from the support band looked like Plant (other than the hair I didn't see it) ... but here you go :D

http://rockphotographer.net/archives/heavens-basement/images/heavens-basement-0084.jpg
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    thanks chimey ! :)

ooo just wanted to say any of you heard of this lot ???

http://www.myspace.com/thejimjonesrevue

I wouldn't mind seeing them live very grooooovey or should that be jiiiivey !
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    3 days not much longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

to wobble my fat arse ! :p

and half my costum is stuck in customes shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

had a fun wkend seeing family I haven't seen for 20 years eek

how about the rest of you good wkend??
    emmi did u get some sleep yet???

fat?! pfft!! :rolleyes:

sleep? sleep? what is this sleep you talk about? :o

not really, no.. I did sleep rather late today but doesn't seem like enough though. I'll get there. :D my next shift isn't until Friday anyhoo.
    Chime wrote:
    I did absolutely nothing this weekend :)

Good luck for the show V.

For Emmi ... when we saw Blind Melon Babs thought one of the guitarists from the support band looked like Plant (other than the hair I didn't see it) ... but here you go :D

http://rockphotographer.net/archives/heavens-basement/images/heavens-basement-0084.jpg

haha. thank you Chimey. :D though apart from the hair I don't see it either really..
  • how was metallica chimey?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    how was metallica chimey?

ooooo yeah ????
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    how was metallica chimey?
    V V wrote:
    ooooo yeah ????

T'was good. For a £5 show we got a 2 hour set. New stuff and rarities and leaving out some of the main 'hits' you would usually expect (Set: That Was Just Your Life, The End Of The Line, The Thing That Should Not Be, Of Wolf And Man, One, Broken, Beat And Scarred, Cyanide, Frantic, Until It Sleeps, Wherever I May Roam, For Whom The Bell Tolls, The Day That Never Comes, Master Of Puppets, Blackened - ENCORE with the house lights on and with giant Metallica beach balls released from the ceiling ... it was inside so they couldn't do pyros :D - Stone Cold Crazy, Jump In The Fire, Seek and Destroy)

Stage set up was great. I had lower tier just off the back corner tickets but stage was a big square centre stage with 8 mics around it. Lars was on a rotating stage in the centre and the rest just wandered around the whole stage during each song so the whole audience could see them all. Each song James would be singing at 3 or 4 of the different mics ... lots of chatting. Good first Metallica experience ... don't yet know if there will be a second. EDIT: found some pics ... 6 kind of shows the stage set up http://www.gigwise.com/photos/46088/metallicas-legendary-o2-arena-show-in-50-pictures ... there was no walkway either so they walked through the crowd to get on stage.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    oooooo thats all sounds VERY COOL , swede will be V. jealous
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hey folks... anyone willing to update me on how our good friend (and her family) from here is doing? Not heard in a while but really really hoping things are ok?

thanks,
    Dunk
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    ditto...
    ...mmmmmmmmm....
    back from a lunchtime retirement do (*)... listening to MSG2 2008... very *slightly* pissed... things to do that can be avoided this afternoon... anyone else feeling... mellow ?

*burp*

(*) not mine...
    :) I'll cut n paste some words from RR
    Aug. 1st.
    Well... another week-end coming and Rob home again. I'm hoping he will be in neuro rehab sometime next week as he is next on the list - that will do him a world of good. It would also give me peace of mind as I will be going to France with Gabrielle and some friends on the 8th for two weeks. Breaks my heart to leave him but we are both exhausted and need a break. Rob's parents will be staying at my place and will be visiting him. Also, if he is in rehab, it is in Wimbledon which is much closer to home and friends can go visit too.

Rob's not doing too bad - every day there is a lil' improvement, though he is terribly 'down in the dumps' at the moment. I take him out every afternoon, but it is getting more difficult to cheer him up - home visits help a lot but Sunday evenings are difficult for him (having to go back to the hospital). Hopefully, once he is in the rehab unit it will be very different as it is not a hospital environment - more like a boarding school!

Love to all
    xxxx

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Rob in rehab Monday!!!! Could have gone in tomorrow but that meant he wouldn't have been able to be home for the week-end - he's here now and a happy bunny (even if he is a bit apprehensive!). One less worry for me when I am in France. I can concentrate on petits pains au chocolat, Kouing-aman (the yummiest breton cake EVER!), cider, etc.

that was her last post , so things are getting better :)

still sending you tons of love RR XXXX
    well this is it ! the big show day , just finished my last workout and rethrough time to go shower n de-fluff !!! i get one more go on the stage for a tech. and thats it should be on approx 845pm got to put my face on at 330 !!! hope it lasts.

Hope you have a good day :) xx
    V V wrote:
    well this is it ! the big show day , just finished my last workout and rethrough time to go shower n de-fluff !!! i get one more go on the stage for a tech. and thats it should be on approx 845pm got to put my face on at 330 !!! hope it lasts.

Hope you have a good day :) xx

how exciting! :D wish I could be there to see you lovely!! I'm sure you'll do great. though, is this one of those occasions when one's supposed to say "break a leg"? :o if it is, consider that said just in case. hehe.

I have to go birthday present shopping for my sis today. the lil' kid's turning 18!! :eek:
    so when's the youtube footage going up,V ? ;)

to paraphrase the Madagascar penguins, just shimmey and roll, boys, shimmey and roll...
    hahaha soon ! ;)

i did shimmy n roll how intuative of you my dear !
    and I'm glade to say I did trip over in my new too long trousers Phew!!

hey jrd I'm teaching a begginers class in a couple of weeks, I think you should get ur butt down here !!!! :p

Thank you emmi :) I meet the other emmi last night she was amazing but not as lovely as you !
    V V wrote:
    hey jrd I'm teaching a begginers class in a couple of weeks, I think you should get ur butt down here !!!! :p

i'll see if i can make it down...
    *consults diary*
    oh dang, looks like i'm booked solid with a combination of 'doing nothing', 'drinking beer' and 'watching TV' :rolleyes: