Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    oh bum, forgot stupid harvest festival box for Herb at school today now I'll have to throw one together and go back in and hope he dosen't want me to go to the church eeek !

SO hows the jeff cd ???

are there any ppl willing to share a sample I'd like to try b4 I buy !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:
    oh bum, forgot stupid harvest festival box for Herb at school today now I'll have to throw one together and go back in and hope he dosen't want me to go to the church eeek !

SO hows the jeff cd ???

are there any ppl willing to share a sample I'd like to try b4 I buy !

Mine hasn't arrived yet ... but I ordered some other things at the same time so probably shipped later than the rest.

If you do plan on ordering may need to do it soon. 10c have sold out there allocation and so you have to hunt US independent record store websites to find it (think Easy Street had it but don't know if there are any left) as it was done as a limited run of 3000 I think.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Chime wrote:
    Mine hasn't arrived yet ... but I ordered some other things at the same time so probably shipped later than the rest.

If you do plan on ordering may need to do it soon. 10c have sold out there allocation and so you have to hunt US independent record store websites to find it (think [size+4]Easy Street[/size] had it but don't know if there are any left) as it was done as a limited run of 3000 I think.

Talking of which my poster arrived last week....sweet :D

Soupy, I went to uni in Hull and used to go watch them in the 4th Div, even trained with them for a while, which made that win all the more sweeter.....so keep shouting Kewell cause thats about all you know about footie beaaaaatch :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Talking of which my poster arrived last week....sweet :D

Soupy, I went to uni in Hull and used to go watch them in the 4th Div, even trained with them for a while, which made that win all the more sweeter.....so keep shouting Kewell cause thats about all you know about footie beaaaaatch :D

so how did Ireland go in Germany 2006 ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    so how did Ireland go in Germany 2006 ;)

Didn't qualify cause we had a shit manager (now an assistant manager in Div 1!!) and shit players...but at least we don't try and leave our continental competition :p
    I need a coffee!
    ooo didnt realise they were limited !!! thanks chimey

so hows tricks ???
    I'm saving up for a London trip, its been way to long, I can hear the Tate calling me ;)
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    V V wrote:

so hows tricks ???
    I'm saving up for a London trip, its been way to long, I can hear the Tate calling me ;)

I'm really aching to take a small trip somewhere.. anywhere! :o but, alas, my funds are limited. *sigh*

I can hear Tate Modern calling me, cause I didn't have time to visit it! at least, I think it was Modern I didn't go to.. :eek: strewth! I can't remember.

hope you have fun in Londonium though, love, when you get there. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:

so hows tricks ???

All this Turner Prize stuff on the news ... and my first thought? That must mean V will be making a trip to the Tate Britain soon :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eMMI wrote:
    I can hear Tate Modern calling me, cause I didn't have time to visit it! at least, I think it was Modern I didn't go to.. :eek: strewth! I can't remember.

did you see pictures of mess, painte dby blind torture victims with no hands? did you see statues of lungs.. did you go past a man wearing a suit made out of toast and he had a pigeon encased in a trifle? did you see anything that resembled pompous shite that costs millions of pounds and anyone could do if they had the right geeky glasses on and a cool hair-do and could talk enough shite about it?

if so you went to the Tate Modern.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    did you see pictures of mess, painte dby blind torture victims with no hands? did you see statues of lungs.. did you go past a man wearing a suit made out of toast and he had a pigeon encased in a trifle? did you see anything that resembled pompous shite that costs millions of pounds and anyone could do if they had the right geeky glasses on and a cool hair-do and could talk enough shite about it?

if so you went to the Tate Modern.

right, so I did not go to Tate Modern. :) there was some modern exhibition in the Tate though.. can't remember much of it (cause I didn't get it. :o) but one thing that's stuck with me is a recording where apparently the artist had called two museums (the info desks) or something and then put the phone receivers together when the information ladies answered and then they got all confused.. it was interesting enough but I can't remember the point. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    right, so I did not go to Tate Modern. :) there was some modern exhibition in the Tate though.. can't remember much of it (cause I didn't get it. :o) but one thing that's stuck with me is a recording where apparently the artist had called two museums (the info desks) or something and then put the phone receivers together when the information ladies answered and then they got all confused.. it was interesting enough but I can't remember the point. :D
    they do shit like that on radio programmes the whole time... how the fuck does that make it art, just cos an 'artist' does it? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    they do shit like that on radio programmes the whole time... how the fuck does that make it art, just cos an 'artist' does it? :confused:

it just is art. art doesn't have to be nor should be explained and if you don't get it, you're the dumb one. :rolleyes:

besides, the artist is obviously trying to reveal a severe flaw in our society by doing that.

:confused:

I think.
  • eMMI wrote:
    it just is art. art doesn't have to be nor should be explained and if you don't get it, you're the bumb one. :rolleyes:

besides, the artist is obviously trying to reveal a severe flaw in our society by doing that.

I think.
    eh no... he's just stealing what's already been done millions of times. I think I recall doing something like that when I was 8 or something :D does that make me an artiste? :cool: :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    eMMI wrote:
    it just is art. art doesn't have to be nor should be explained and if you don't get it, you're the bumb one. :rolleyes:

I think.

WELL SAID ! :p

yep Dunk how come I can make that shit but dont get paid for it ???? hummm :(

I did hear a bit on the radio this am will check out images shortly . I have to say as silly and easy as it may seem to some I still Love it :D
    eMMI wrote:
    it just is art. art doesn't have to be nor should be explained and if you don't get it, you're the dumb one. :rolleyes:

I think.

the only flaw in our society is that that idiot got paid to do that.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

well you don't know if he did. maybe he didn't. maybe he's a true artist and does this stuff cause he feels compelled to?

:p
    dunkman wrote:

its like music, so varied and ppl have such differnt tastes.
    alot of music out there is shite and I wonder how the hell they got paid for it.
    eh no... he's just stealing what's already been done millions of times. I think I recall doing something like that when I was 8 or something :D does that make me an artiste? :cool: :p

yes of course that makes you an artist! especially if you can come up with a nice story about what whatever it is you're doing represents and what metaphors and symbols you're using, you're set. just don't tell anyone what it means cause that would be explaining and that's not to be done. :D
    V V wrote:

I did hear a bit on the radio this am will check out images shortly . I have to say as silly and easy as it may seem to some I still Love it :D

thanks dear. :) I do actually think that art (whatever the form) shouldn't be over-explained so that everyone can come up with their own conclusions and notions and whatnot.. but some bits of 'art', and especially the artists behind them, seem ridiculous to me cause they don't seem to have a "valid" (in the loss of a better word) point of why they're doing it and try to cover it up by insisting that if you need the piece explained you're silly. (hope that makes sense.)

and goddess, you should get paid heftily for every artsy thing you do! xxxx
    V V wrote:

you dont get paid for it because you dont ingratiate yourself to those art circles, you also dont talk 100% shit about something... if I did a piece of art about a monkey eating a unicycle, then i'd call it 'monkey eating a unicycle' and when asked what it represented i'd probably say "well its about us coming back to our roots and getting rid of modernisation, the ambivalence of the setting is to highlight the juxtaposition between primate and inanimate. The monkey has its back turned to us in a defensive manner which is indicative of the modern society, whereas the unicycle has its wheel still spinning in a formulative response to the ever evolving movement of the modern rat-race" just so i could pass it off as something brilliant!!

but in reality its a monkey eating a unicycle and it looks cool... if the artist just said that i'd have more respect for them...

me: 'hey picasso, why is that horse in your picture melting and why is his face a clock?'

pablo: 'cos eet looks cool'

me: 'aye, i'll give you that you weird fucker'
    eMMI wrote:
    well you don't know if he did. maybe he didn't. maybe he's a true artist and does this stuff cause he feels compelled to?

:p

replace 'artist' with 'mentalist' and you might be on to something :)
    dunkman wrote:
    you dont get paid for it because you dont ingratiate yourself to those art circles, you also dont talk 100% shit about something... if I did a piece of art about a monkey eating a unicycle, then i'd call it 'monkey eating a unicycle' and when asked what it represented i'd probably say "well its about us coming back to our roots and getting rid of modernisation, the ambivalence of the setting is to highlight the juxtaposition between primate and inanimate. The monkey has its back turned to us in a defensive manner which is indicative of the modern society, whereas the unicycle has its wheel still spinning in a formulative response to the ever evolving movement of the modern rat-race" just so i could pass it off as something brilliant!!

but in reality its a monkey eating a unicycle and it looks cool... if the artist just said that i'd have more respect for them...

me: 'hey picasso, why is that horse in your picture melting and why is his face a clock?'

pablo: 'cos eet looks cool'

me: 'aye, i'll give you that you weird fucker'

:)
    dunkman wrote:
    replace 'artist' with 'mentalist' and you might be on to something :)

a mentalist with artistic tendencies?
    Jesus very high-brow conversation going on here....I'm gone!
    I need a coffee!
    eMMI wrote:
    :)

a mentalist with artistic tendencies?

depends... art is subjective.

Hirst cut a shark in half and then displayed it in a glass box.
    Butchers cut pigs in half and then display them in shop window.

i see no difference... hence the subjectiveness.
    Irish Al wrote:

wait wait!!! ehhhh posters, footie, guitars, boobies, strippers, beer and fannies?

i've reeled ye back in havent i? ;)
    Irish Al wrote:

yeah thick Irish git can only talk about football :p
    dunkman wrote:
    depends... art is subjective.

Hirst cut a shark in half and then displayed it in a glass box.
    Butchers cut pigs in half and then display them in shop window.

i see no difference... hence the subjectiveness.

in his defence, neither does Hirst !

some artist are taking the piss there is humour in their work. only some, some are rubbish and others amazing !
    V V wrote:
    in his defence, neither does Hirst !

some artist are taking the piss there is humour in their work. only some, some are rubbish and others amazing !

it's the artists who take themselves too seriously who are the shite ones.

now, this has nothing to do with the thread topic (*best British accent* sorry! :o) but it's too cute not to share! :Dhttp://virtualhug.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/nom-nom-nom.jpg
  • dunkman wrote:
    wait wait!!! ehhhh posters, footie, guitars, boobies, strippers, beer and fannies?

i've reeled ye back in havent i? ;)

you got me interested :D
    they are all artistic in someway...
    Did you see Ronaldo's dive on the weekend! the artistic skill in that was amazing
    and all those old dude who painted heaps... lots of boobies and the like...
    Beer, a good beer is very artistic. The way it paints the pallet, and gets you thinking about its creation

ok, i will let dunk and emmi get back to some real artistic arguments now... :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    you got me interested :D
    they are all artistic in someway...
    Did you see Ronaldo's dive on the weekend! the artistic skill in that was amazing
    and all those old dude who painted heaps... lots of boobies and the like...
    Beer, a good beer is very artistic. The way it paints the pallet, and gets you thinking about its creation

ok, i will let dunk and emmi get back to some real artistic arguments now... :D

nah, I'm just looking at pictures of celebrity lookalikes, not really that interested in arguments at the moment. :p besides, dunk (or anyone) would beat me easily by just using a few fancy phrases or words..