Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is there such a thing? :confused:

Personally I like to see myself as half man, half orangutan. But then, that's just me.

Yep, just like a typical man! :p

Anyway have to go home now :(

I wish I was going to a beer garden - just heard some of the lads talking about it. But no, I've to find a present for my brothers birthday TOMORROW and he's got everything! Ah well!

Chat to yas tomorrow.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is there such a thing? :confused:

Personally I like to see myself as half man, half orangutan. But then, that's just me.

Yep, just like a typical man! :p

Anyway have to go home now :(

I wish I was going to a beer garden - just heard some of the lads talking about it. But no, I've to find a present for my brothers birthday TOMORROW and he's got everything! Ah well!

Chat to yas tomorrow.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    and he's got everything! Ah well!

Bet you he doesn't have one of these http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/thumbwrestlingring.htm
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Tickets arrived today....WOOT! \m/

High five!

...anyone?
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Tickets arrived today....WOOT! \m/

High five!

...anyone?

Virtual High five!!

My ticket came too - I'm so excited! To finally have it in my hand is just such a relief! I kept checking my order history on Ticketmaster just to make sure that I had definately ordered a ticket and I hadn't been dreaming! The setlists from the two dates so far are amazing! I'll wet myself if Dublin is anywhere near as good! Now all I have to do is book me some accomodation...
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
    Virtual High five!!

My ticket came too - I'm so excited! To finally have it in my hand is just such a relief! I kept checking my order history on Ticketmaster just to make sure that I had definately ordered a ticket and I hadn't been dreaming! The setlists from the two dates so far are amazing! I'll wet myself if Dublin is anywhere near as good! Now all I have to do is book me some accomodation...

I know....I was very surprised when they turned up today, wasn't expecting them to arrive for weeks yet!

You should join the increasing horde at the Jurys Custom House if you can :-)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I know....I was very surprised when they turned up today, wasn't expecting them to arrive for weeks yet!

It must be nice to be able to hold your tickets, look at them. know they are real ... I won't get mine until the day and so it feels like they can still be taken away :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    It must be nice to be able to hold your tickets, look at them. know they are real ... I won't get mine until the day and so it feels like they can still be taken away :o

is that from 10C? At least you know they'll be worth it when you do get hold of them.

But yeah, it's kinda cool. We keep all tickets stuck to the fridge with a magnet so I can see them when getting breakfast which is nice at 6.30 when you don't feel like going to work so much.

....I have just given away the location of them to any would be burglars who may now read this.....I mean, they're in a vault, deep underground.

wooo.....thunder and lightning just now....Cardiff is in for another storm it seems!

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    is that from 10C? At least you know they'll be worth it when you do get hold of them.

But yeah, it's kinda cool. We keep all tickets stuck to the fridge with a magnet so I can see them when getting breakfast which is nice at 6.30 when you don't feel like going to work so much.

....I have just given away the location of them to any would be burglars who may now read this.....I mean, they're in a vault, deep underground.

wooo.....thunder and lightning just now....Cardiff is in for another storm it seems!

Yeah 10C so will be worth it. Just the first time I will be going to a gig without tickets. It just doesn't feel right. Like they're not real somehow. Especially when you're travelling so far for the gig.

Scared of turning up to the window and being told they have no record of me :eek:

I want a thunderstorm. Love them :)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah 10C so will be worth it. Just the first time I will be going to a gig without tickets. It just doesn't feel right. Like they're not real somehow. Especially when you're travelling so far for the gig.

Scared of turning up to the window and being told they have no record of me :eek:

Yeah that's freaking me too... can we have a gig where we don't have to worry beforehand please.........?!! :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah that's freaking me too... can we have a gig where we don't have to worry beforehand please.........?!! :eek:

I've only checked my profile ... oh ... a few dozen times :o

I promise you Dave it tells me we have tickets :)
    Chime wrote:
    I've only checked my profile ... oh ... a few dozen times :o

I promise you Dave it tells me we have tickets :)

Phew.........!! :D:D and thankyou again ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Phew.........!! :D:D and thankyou again ;)

You're more than welcome :D

Right really must go now. May catch you later if you're still around :confused:
    Chime wrote:
    You're more than welcome :D

Right really must go now. May catch you later if you're still around :confused:

Dunno to be honest... might have an early one but there again... :rolleyes:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • I know....I was very surprised when they turned up today, wasn't expecting them to arrive for weeks yet!

I'd love to but I'm a tres, tres, tres poor student teacher (yes, that is worse than a poor student - doing a full time job and getting ZERO cash for doing so! Go me!) So I can't afford Jury's prices! Plus I'm convinced you've all booked the hotel out! lol! I'm just going to be paranoid now that I either forget to bring the ticket or bring the wrong one (my current ticket stash includes Deftones and Maximo Park but knowing me that's bound to increase before August!) I'm so excited (seriously, how many times am I gona say that on here before it becomes boring and y'all tell me to shut up!!) hehe! :-)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343

yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Chime wrote:

Yep I would be pissed if my tix aren't there.....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Where do you work??? In fucking Afghanistan or something??? :eek: that's ridiculous - you're not allowed to get your hearing checked??? I'm pretty sure that would infringe on your basic human rights somehow.

Worse - Consett! I could get a leave of abscence, but as I found out in Janurary they count towards your sick days and if you have 10 you get hawled into the office for a chat about your abscence! So I had a few LOA's last year for funeral's, moving house and hospital checkups - and they added those on to my few sick days and I got the "talk"!!! Not allowed any time out at all at the moment as we have a few staff on long term sick and cover is a nightmare - of course he could buy in some supply teachers!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    redrock wrote:
    Bet you he doesn't have one of these http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/thumbwrestlingring.htm
    Haha, lol, No :o but I'm only seeing it now and it's too late. I went the unoriginal boring route of vouchers :( cos he said that's what he wants. I hate getting vouchers for people. I'm usually pretty good at getting presents and love surprising people :( . Ah well.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yep I would be pissed if my tix aren't there.....

So how many hours is it now? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Worse - Consett! I could get a leave of abscence, but as I found out in Janurary they count towards your sick days and if you have 10 you get hawled into the office for a chat about your abscence! So I had a few LOA's last year for funeral's, moving house and hospital checkups - and they added those on to my few sick days and I got the "talk"!!! Not allowed any time out at all at the moment as we have a few staff on long term sick and cover is a nightmare - of course he could buy in some supply teachers!
    Your hearing is more important than a job - honestly! Imagine if you lose it and can never listen to PJ again???? Do you not finish early as a teacher? Can you not go to A&E with it or something.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Good morning everyone!

Foxymop - get to the doctor! You've got non teaching time (planning, non-contact - whatever it's called). Go then! The school can't stop you from going to a medical appointment (may ask you to see Occupational Health if it's too often!). Think of the consequences for them if your problem is serious and it got worse because they were being difficult in giving you time off - wouldn't want to even consider what you could do to them! Then again, maybe if you stopped listening to music so loud with your earphones, you might be OK? Seriously, though - get yourself checked out quickly!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    and a big hearty good morning to all the PJ troops in this pulchritudinous thread :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Thanks - just did. My brain is all messed up. Yesterday, I first went straight into a door (on the angle bit) with a nice cracking sound (ouch my eye socket!). Now that messed up my frontal lobe. Then, later in the day, trying to get a box off a top shelf, a video camera (one of those big professional ones) fell on my head - tried to avoid it but there went my temporal lobe. Still in pain and a bit woozy but that will explain a lot for my behavious today!
    redrock wrote:
    Thanks - just did. My brain is all messed up. Yesterday, I first went straight into a door (on the angle bit) with a nice cracking sound (ouch my eye socket!). Now that messed up my frontal lobe. Then, later in the day, trying to get a box off a top shelf, a video camera (one of those big professional ones) fell on my head - tried to avoid it but there went my temporal lobe. Still in pain and a bit woozy but that will explain a lot for my behavious today!

sounds sore... ouch!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    .... pulchritudinous...

Is this your word of the day?
    Nice editing guys :)

you had me worried for a minute ;)

Redrock - sounds like you had a bad day :(
    redrock wrote:
    Is this your word of the day?

yeah... that and mastication ;)
    Mastication? Is that a flashback to your childhood days when your mum used to say "Dunk! Chew your food! You'll choke!"
    yeah... that and mastication ;)

na don't like that one ... makes me visualise cows for some reason :(