Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    absolutely not...

i've had a kidney stone remember... i feel the guys pain... i had mine blasted with lithotripsy... and to get rid of the stone it was quite literally "a piece of piss"... although i didnt feel a thing... the stone was blasted into grains of sand size and so pee-ing them out wasnt that bad!!

the worst was pee-ing the blood after the operation!!! traces of blood they told me... i couldnt see traces of urine it was that crimson!!!

Men! You don't know what pain is!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Oh I forgot to tell everyone - I'm now deaf in my left ear!!! The saga continues ... at least I could hear for PJ!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

eh.... Marriage
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Oh I forgot to tell everyone - I'm now deaf in my left ear!!! The saga continues ... at least I could hear for PJ!

not permanently though... are you? :eek:!!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Buru wrote:
    good luck with that, I've heard it's quite painful, so hope you pass it out soon.
    :)

for the PJ shows too!!

Thanks buru:D

Eeeeewwwwwwwww - just for future reference 'I'm fine thank you for asking' is sufficient

Nah well I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Still have to 'work' on that work schedule . Will need at LEAST three days off - obviously not working the day OF the concert OR the next day so I may as well take the Friday off also... and there's only two working days left in the week. It would be really unfair of them to make me come in.
    I'm fine, thanks for asking...:D
    oh he will...its a piece of piss really
    Felt like a rugby ball passing between the ol kidney and bladder.....:eek:
    05-11-2006 10:45 AM
    I disagree, most women I know who have had them said giving birth was a brezze in comparison....although that is just what they told me...I have no idea....but I have a pretty good feeling the pain is very comparable.....;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    not permanently though... are you? :eek:!!!!!

I hope not - I can't get a doctors appointment for 3 weeks! Fucking great eh? I can't get time off work to go to the docs (not allowed!) and they've changed their emergency appointments to lunchtime so have to book an appointment - only one available is 3 weeks away!!

It feels just like my right one did before the astoria gig - but it hurts too! :(
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    why would i do that??? :confused:

i'll say its shit to whoever asks me in Dublin... not bothered...
    p

:D LOL ok then :D

Ooooohhh, I can't wait now :)

'Oh I forgot to tell everyone - I'm now deaf in my left ear'

:eek: How come??? Are you gonna be ok?

'I'm fine, thanks for asking'

Good good :) . So if you have a choice between a hurling match and a gaelic football match, which do ya want? ;)

For what it's worth, although I've experienced neither thank fuck, I've heard passing stones IS similar to child birth... sounds a bit exaggerated to me (typical men) but that's what they say :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • niknik Posts: 262
    i feel a visit to doctors for syringing again is called for or you could skive a day off work with such an afflication....
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Thanks buru:D

I'm fine, thanks for asking...:D

Felt like a rugby ball passing between the ol kidney and bladder.....:eek:

I disagree, most women I know who have had them said giving birth was a brezze in comparison....although that is just what they told me...I have no idea....but I have a pretty good feeling the pain is very comparable.....;)

Who said I was talking about giving birth?!! I wouldn't know about that
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I hope not - I can't get a doctors appointment for 3 weeks! Fucking great eh? I can't get time off work to go to the docs (not allowed!) and they've changed their emergency appointments to lunchtime so have to book an appointment - only one available is 3 weeks away!!

It feels just like my right one did before the astoria gig - but it hurts too! :(

Where do you work??? In fucking Afghanistan or something??? :eek: that's ridiculous - you're not allowed to get your hearing checked??? I'm pretty sure that would infringe on your basic human rights somehow.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

i agree with Hippie on this one.. i was in so much agony for 5 days that on the 4th day i got up and was sick into the kitchen sink... i was perplexed as to why i was puking as i hadnt eaten in those first 4 days (in too much pain).. so why was i sick???

at this point i thought it was maybe time to go to the hospital... they admitted me straight away as i was so dehydrated that i had to get a drip straight away... next thing they told me the reason i was sick and why it tasted so bad was that i had vomited my 4 days worth of collected digestive juices and acids!!! not nice...

the pain was so bad on one day that i actually fell to the ground and was hitting my head of the floor to get something else to hurt so i wouldnt feel the kidney pain... its a weird pain as it makes you think you're not able to breath... just not nice... my Urologist said the pain is regarded to be the equivalent pain of childbirth for men
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Who said I was talking about giving birth?!! I wouldn't know about that

point noted.....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    :D LOL ok then :D

Ooooohhh, I can't wait now :)

seriously neither can I :)

if some pissed-up xenophobic country yokel wants to punch me in the face because i called his favey-wavey sport "shit" then i'm all for that :) i was expecting Ireland to be more cosmopolitan than that... but it sounds like the East End of glasgow where people are stabbed if they wear the wrong coloured football shirt :rolleyes:

to summise... if anyone wants to ask me when i'm in Ireland what i think about hurling i'll tell them it shit... just as I think golf (which Scotland invented) is shit.

i dont plan on meeting that many people when over there anyway... mostly i just want to meet folk on this thread... and although they might not say it i bet 93% of them coming over to Ireland dont give a flying fuck about hurling either.. ;)

thats my last comment on it :)

p.s. i hope we are still joking around and not everyone thinks we are falling out about all of this... we've done this since i can remember... helen/me says stuff then helen/me argue about aforementioned stuff!! :D
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Good afternoon...

... perfect weather in london for a nice Pimms on the green!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    i agree with Hippie on this one.. i was in so much agony for 5 days that on the 4th day i got up and was sick into the kitchen sink... i was perplexed as to why the pain was so bad as i hadnt eaten in those first 4 days (in too much pain).. so why was i sick???

at this point i thought it was maybe time to go to the hospital... they admitted me straight away as i was so dehydrated that i had to get a drip straight away... next thing they told me the reason i was sick and why it tasted so bad was that i had vomited my 4 days worth of collected digestive juices and acids!!! not nice...

the pain was so bad on one day that i actually fell to the ground and was hitting my head of the floor to get something else to hurt so i wouldnt feel the kidney pain... its a weird pain as it makes you think you're not able to breath... just not nice... my Urologist said the pain is regarded to be the equivalent pain of childbirth for men

Yeah, but apart from that, was it enjoyable?
    foxymop79 wrote:
    When I was at uni this drunk Glaswegian asked me for a kiss - so I nutted him! Sorry for sharing but Dunky's comment just reminded me of my younger days!

great stuff foxymop... try it again and see if your hearing comes back :)

must have been a surprise for the guy :)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    Good afternoon...

... perfect weather in london for a nice Pimms on the green!

Absolutely. My office is next to the roof terrace at work ... temptation :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

thats my last comment on it :)

Thank God for that :rolleyes: :D Oh but just one more though please - how many games of hurling have you ever actually seen??? Just wondering since I'm pretty sure you've never been to Ireland and I wasn't aware that Scottish tv show the Hurling.
    p.s. i hope we are still joking around and not everyone thinks we are falling out about all of this... we've done this since i can remember... helen/me says stuff then helen/me argue about aforementioned stuff!! :D
    As far as I'm aware we're still joking around :confused: I can get annoyed if you want???
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    i agree with Hippie on this one.. i was in so much agony for 5 days that on the 4th day i got up and was sick into the kitchen sink... i was perplexed as to why i was puking as i hadnt eaten in those first 4 days (in too much pain).. so why was i sick???

Pussy :cool:

:p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    Absolutely. My office is next to the roof terrace at work ... temptation :o

Tell me about it... I'm working from home and a can see the pub across the road from my window...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    Tell me about it... I'm working from home and a can see the pub across the road from my window...

Then why are you still working from home ... :confused::p

I walk along the South Bank to get home and am sure there will be plenty of people sat out eating and drinking tonight ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Thank God for that :rolleyes: :D Oh but just one more though please - how many games of hurling have you ever actually seen??? Just wondering since I'm pretty sure you've never been to Ireland and I wasn't aware that Scottish tv show the Hurling.

As far as I'm aware we're still joking around :confused: I can get annoyed if you want???

what part of "thats my last comment on it" did you not understand... ;)

no joking around is "where its at" as the the kids say nowadays :)
    what part of "thats my last comment on it" did you not understand... ;)

no joking around is "where its at" as the the kids say nowadays :)

So you've never seen this game that you know so much about then, eh??? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    Then why are you still working from home ... :confused::p

I walk along the South Bank to get home and am sure there will be plenty of people sat out eating and drinking tonight ...

Well... I have quite a bit of work to finish up - then I'll be over there!!!

Yeah, Southbank is great in the sunshine!!!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    [quote="Heineken Helen
    For what it's worth, although I've experienced neither thank fuck, I've heard passing stones IS similar to child birth... sounds a bit exaggerated to me (typical men) but that's what they say :o[/quote"]

Exaggerated! Let them tell us what pain is when one of them shits a rugby ball (inflated!)
    So you've never seen this game that you know so much about then, eh??? :p

see above post :rolleyes:
    see above post :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha :D typical man!!! :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    typical man!!! :rolleyes:

Is there such a thing? :confused:

Personally I like to see myself as half man, half orangutan. But then, that's just me.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is there such a thing? :confused:

Personally I like to see myself as half man, half orangutan. But then, that's just me.

Which half?!!!! :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Which half?!!!! :eek:

It depends on which side of bed I happen to have gotten out of. It's weird. I can't control my inner orangutan.