Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've only just noticed that PJ have got a 1 month break in between playing in the U.S between playing Dublin. Cool! They'll be nicely refreshed by the time they get to Dublin.

23 Jul George Washington The Gorge
    23 Aug Dublin Ireland The Point

my only concern about this is that the Dublin setlist might be quite short in comparison to the dates further on

did you see Toronto night 1 versus night2 setlist... night 2 was the one to be at :)

the boys wont let us down in Dublin though... 2hours plus easily :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've only just noticed that PJ have got a 1 month break in between playing in the U.S between playing Dublin. Cool! They'll be nicely refreshed by the time they get to Dublin.

aye and there is also the possibility of an extra gig or two????
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    my only concern about this is that the Dublin setlist might be quite short in comparison to the dates further on

did you see Toronto night 1 versus night2 setlist... night 2 was the one to be at :)

yeah like byrnzie sez - they'll be well rested and should be up for it!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

I feel a little sorry for the people who did only night 1. Seeing the setlist for night 2 ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    belfast1 wrote:
    aye and there is also the possibility of an extra gig or two????

I doubt it. But stranger things have happened in this here world of ours. For instance, the longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I doubt it. But stranger things have happened in this here world of ours. For instance, the longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!
    Was it launched with a slingshot?
    Byrnzie wrote:

now - was it a kfc rubberised chicken (which would aid its flight trajectory) or just your everyday bogstandard tesco (pumped up with water) special?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    belfast1 wrote:
    now - was it a kfc rubberised chicken (which would aid its flight trajectory) or just your everyday bogstandard tesco (pumped up with water) special?

God this board has slowed up.
    In answer to the above, I'll have to do some further investigation. I will keep you updated as to the nature of the above chicken and it's amazing feat of airborne travel.
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    redrock wrote:
    newagehippie - hope you're feeling better now - kidney stones... nasty!

Thanks.....I made it through....;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    will be my first time in dublin. has any dublin jammer put up his/her hand to become a tourist guide? gonna be there for 3 days.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
    Hi newagehippie - did they zap the stone or did you... ouch.....can't even say it! A gross friend of mine kept hers and even decided to incorporate it in a pendant (she made jewellery) - disgusting!

jeaubong - where do you come from?
    Thanks.....I made it through....;)

Glad you're feeling better :)
  • jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    redrock wrote:
    jeaubong - where do you come from?

born & bred in malaysia but i'm a legal alien in london now.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
    There's plenty of people going and staying for a day or two extra. I'm sure you'll meet up with friendly locals (and non locals) from this board. Since the show is so far away (sigh...) lots of rubbish is being spoken. A bit closer the date, things have a tendency to come together and I'm sure you'll sort yourself out with someone. It's too risky to try to do anything now. Have you been reading what's been going on in this thread? Everything but Dublin (except for HH and IrishAl agreeing to check out all the pubs - did I get that right?)! Your query will just be lost in the jungle of smut and crap!

PS - Hey! I'm a legal alien as well! In more than one way!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:

Hmmm… maybe they’re planning on spending a month in Ireland? :) Well they can stay at mine :)

‘Thanks.....I made it through’

How are ya feeling today? It’s good to have ya back anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Hmmm… maybe they’re planning on spending a month in Ireland? :) Well they can stay at mine :)
    Did I tell you I just planned a holiday in Ireland - I hear Cavan/Dublin is a really nice place to be!
    redrock wrote:
    Have you been reading what's been going on in this thread? Everything but Dublin (except for HH and IrishAl agreeing to check out all the pubs - did I get that right?)! Your query will just be lost in the jungle of smut and crap!

PS - Hey! I'm a legal alien as well! In more than one way!

No I think IrishAl seems to be leaving it up to meself and Jennytree :) . So jeaubong, what do you need to know? As long as nobody has any objections with me recommending touristy stuff here? ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    As long as nobody has any objections with me recommending touristy stuff here? ;)

Did you see that Dunk? She's having a go at you!
    redrock wrote:
    Did I tell you I just planned a holiday in Ireland - I hear Cavan/Dublin is a really nice place to be!

Lol, well if this holiday is planned for around the 23rd August, I believe you MAY have mentioned it :D

And Cavan/Dublin are two different places, lol. I've lived here in Dublin for about 6 years but I'm FROM Cavan - which is in the northwest.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Driving to work this morning crappy local radio station were giving away a pair of tix to see the boys in New Jersey

Firstly crappy station never play PJ and Secondly I tune in just as some lucky cow wins them. BTW if the before mentioned lucky cow is on the board and needs someone to go with :D:D....

Only consolation I get home from work and Dublin tix are on the doormat...now where do i put them that is safe....I have got 104 days in which to lose them......
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    redrock wrote:
    Did you see that Dunk? She's having a go at you!

Huh??? :confused: Meeeee?????? :D

Nik, you may need to get yourself a safe in a bank or something.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, well if this holiday is planned for around the 23rd August, I believe you MAY have mentioned it :D

And Cavan/Dublin are two different places, lol. I've lived here in Dublin for about 6 years but I'm FROM Cavan - which is in the northwest.

My hols coincide when PJ are taking their month off and staying at your place - wherever that may be! Don't get me confused!!!

Oh - yeah also planned for around 23rd - but will be VERY busy then!
    Huh??? :confused: Meeeee?????? :D

Nik, you may need to get yourself a safe in a bank or something.

smart thinking parents have a safe

*Astoria Crew*

Nik = Nicki (female)
    nik wrote:

Only consolation I get home from work and Dublin tix are on the doormat...now where do i put them that is safe....I have got 104 days in which to lose them......

See I don't know which is worse the thought of being able to lose the tickets (but at least having them in your hands) or the fact that we don't get our tickets until the day and just have this e-mail confirming we have bought them :o I keep expecting an e-mail to say the transaction didn't go through (although my cc has now been charged :) )
    Are they pretty avocado ones or just normal?
    redrock wrote:
    Are they pretty avocado ones or just normal?

normal boring blue ones...can't believe how excited i am looking at tix

*Astoria Crew*

Nik = Nicki (female)
    Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
    Chime wrote:
    See I don't know which is worse the thought of being able to lose the tickets (but at least having them in your hands) or the fact that we don't get our tickets until the day and just have this e-mail confirming we have bought them :o I keep expecting an e-mail to say the transaction didn't go through (although my cc has now been charged :) )
    It's all nerve wracking. I was waiting for the tickets for Astoria in the post which was horrible thinking I might have to call the whole thing off... then I got them the Tuesday before the concert :eek: but i still didn't relax once I had them - worrying about somebody breaking into the house specifically to rob them and stuff like that :rolleyes:

Redrock, the ones I got from tm are just normal tm tickets :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    nik wrote:
    normal boring blue ones...can't believe how excited i am looking at tix

Lol, it's ridiculous, isn't it :D

I looked at them for hours :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    My hols coincide when PJ are taking their month off and staying at your place - wherever that may be! Don't get me confused!!!

Oh - yeah also planned for around 23rd - but will be VERY busy then!

Lol, I'm afraid that with the band staying and all that, my house will be full for the entire month, apart from the night of the concert when they'll be... out!!!!! They asked me to book them into a hostel or a B&B or something
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life