Must be great :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    I thought this was a PJ thread : eek:

All these blasphemous bands getting mentioned shame on you all : p

I'm too young to remember extreme either : o ;):p

V have a great time

:mad: I believe you may be slightly older than me ...

You know you'd love to be able to go and see 'em ;):p

oh and evening btw

EDIT: Emmi here is the original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt7L4X4li_k

It's nothing like their other stuff ... which is shown by the fact half the band aren't even involved and just sit mocking them from the sidelines
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Chime wrote:
    Liam Finn is the support on both of Ed's solo tours.

Extreme were the first gig I ever went to when I was 12. If you know anything by them it would be their single More Than Words.

Get the FUNK out!

I heard a lil bit of Liam Finn...nothing too impressive :o Unlike Extreme...:D OK, I know they are a bit (lot) shitty, but for a short time there, when their 2nd album broke big, they were pretty hot, especially live. I saw them about 4 times in a year back in the day, and unless anyone was there and saw them, I defy you to criticise them with the benefit of ultra cool :cool: hindsight... there's no room for being too cool for school :p
    Live like you wanna live honey :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    I heard a lil bit of Liam Finn...nothing too impressive :o Unlike Extreme...:D OK, I know they are a bit (lot) shitty, but for a short time there, when their 2nd album broke big, they were pretty hot, especially live. I saw them about 4 times in a year back in the day, and unless anyone was there and saw them, I defy you to criticise them with the benefit of ultra cool :cool: hindsight... there's no room for being too cool for school : p
    Live like you wanna live honey : )

:D I will. I think it will be a blast ... and they are playing the Astoria. Never would have seen them somewhere so small back in the day. Was the shed of the SECC last time I saw them.

They are doing a full tour so no need for you to miss out ;)

When I was looking for that vid for Emmi there is a version of Nuno singing it with Alanis Mortisette at the launch of Tom Morello's nightwatchman ... how bizarre.

Liam is awesome to watch live ... some of his songs are instrumental ... him going nuts with guitar, drums, all sorts of weird stuff

Not the bast vid but this is from the first time I saw him back in April ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUBSD7b3Cc

... and just for better quality ... and one of my faves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZ-1d2rH_w
    Chime wrote:
    :D I will. I think it will be a blast ... and they are playing the Astoria. Never would have seen them somewhere so small back in the day. Was the shed of the SECC last time I saw them.

They are doing a full tour so no need for you to miss out ;)

When I was looking for that vid for Emmi there is a version of Nuno singing it with Alanis Mortisette at the launch of Tom Morello's nightwatchman ... how bizarre.

Liam is awesome to watch live ... some of his songs are instrumental ... him going nuts with guitar, drums, all sorts of weird stuff

Not the bast vid but this is from the first time I saw him back in April ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUBSD7b3Cc

... and just for better quality ... and one of my faves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZ-1d2rH_w

Extreme are playing the venue where I first saw them in Newport, it's small-medium size (about 2000 I think). I won't be going though, saw them 4 times way back, and too many others to see this year still :)
    jamie uk wrote:
    Extreme are playing the venue where I first saw them in Newport, it's small-medium size (about 2000 I think). I won't be going though, saw them 4 times way back, and too many others to see this year still :)

Yeah Astoria is 1200 - 1500. I'm off on a youtube forage now. Currently watching RATM at T in the Park as they wouldn't allow their set to be broadcast on the beeb :mad: I'm half tempted to head to Reading for a day just to see them :o
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah Astoria is 1200 - 1500. I'm off on a youtube forage now. Currently watching RATM at T in the Park as they wouldn't allow their set to be broadcast on the beeb :mad: I'm half tempted to head to Reading for a day just to see them :o

I saw them at Reading about a 100 years ago ...or 1993 I think, to be more precise. Reading is crap though :( too big for any sense

btw. I'm posting here, even though I did not see PJ in Dublin :(but...I have been to Dublin, and am going again soon, so that qualifies me by default :p
    jamie uk wrote:
    I saw them at Reading about a 100 years ago ...or 1993 I think, to be more precise. Reading is crap though : ( too big for any sense

btw. I'm posting here, even though I did not see PJ in Dublin :(but...I have been to Dublin, and am going again soon, so that qualifies me by default :p

Yeah ... don't like Reading either ... but PJ at Reading was awesome and I don't think they are going to do any of their own shows over here ... just seems to be festivals

:eek: what do you mean you didn't go to Dublin ... and here we were treating you like one of us :mad: :p
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah ... don't like Reading either ... but PJ at Reading was awesome and I don't think they are going to do any of their own shows over here ... just seems to be festivals

:eek: what do you mean you didn't go to Dublin ... and here we were treating you like one of us

I saved my money that year for Berlin :) Dublin is cool, but...it's not Berlin you know :p
    Anyway, I'm going again in September :D

Dublin is cool, Pear Jam is cool, just didn't manage the two together...don't be a PJ Dublin Nazi :p
    jamie uk wrote:
    I saved my money that year for Berlin :) Dublin is cool, but...it's not Berlin you know : p
    Anyway, I'm going again in September :D

Dublin is cool, Pear Jam is cool, just didn't manage the two together...don't be a PJ Dublin Nazi :p

Well I guess your not the first that didn't go to the Dublin gig that post in here :rolleyes: :p

Have fun in Dublin ... you going before Helen leaves?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    pjbiz wrote:
    I thought this was a dublin post.

this is worst than Sid's Zagreb post, at least on that one you can't understand what everyone is saying.

this has not made sense for the best part of 2 years Jason!

try keeping up with the oz tour thread!
    i give up on that! moving along at about 1000 posts a week at the moment!
    that is just conversation, where this is just bollocks! :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    that is just conversation, where this is just bollocks! :rolleyes:

and boobs. ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    bollocks and boobs... sounds like Soupy's last girlfriend
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    dunkman wrote:

Minus the boobs :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
    dunkman wrote:

she was the dogs bollocks that one ;) :eek: :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

hmmmmmmmmmm this is my 3000th post
    3000 posts about boobs
    3000 posts about JRD's lack of drinking skills
    3000 posts about dunkman and al's secret relationship ;)
    3000 posts too many :eek:

feck you guys, i am going home and never posting here again! :rolleyes:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    boobs ~ great !
    just back for a day , Mali's last ever day of lil school !! will try not to cry at the service.
    on the note of boobs, I is running a boob tipi at womad hehehehehehe
    my back stage pass says breast feeding tipi ~ no end of odd remarks !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

funny you should mention that... i'm off for a couple of halves of shandy in a couple of mins... c'est le weekend, after all, innit ?

like we believe that!! :rolleyes:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    *sigh* *yawn*

just got back to work after a weekend of Kotka Maritime Festival. :D

dead tired but hap.. nah, just tired. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    *sigh* *yawn*

just got back to work after a weekend of Kotka Maritime Festival. :D

dead tired but hap.. nah, just tired. ;)

OH!!

I'm going to Norway next month (very soon!!!). 4th to 14th. :D first we'll drive up-up-up-up to the Northern border of Finland and Norway, then we'll spend some time driving around Norway (sleeping in tents! gosh, I wonder when was the last time I did that!!) and then down-down-down-down again back to Kotka. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    OH!!

I'm going to Norway next month (very soon!!!). 4th to 14th. :D first we'll drive up-up-up-up to the Northern border of Finland and Norway, then we'll spend some time driving around Norway (sleeping in tents! gosh, I wonder when was the last time I did that!!) and then down-down-down-down again back to Kotka. :)

sounds like fun! :)
    say hello to our norwegian friends :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

sounds like fun! :)
    say hello to our norwegian friends :)

well, don't think I'll be seeing them but I will say hello anyway. :D

or did you mean that ALL Norwegians are our friends? :confused: I'll say hello to them too then I guess... :D
    pjbiz wrote:
    nordic roadtrip? that sounds like something I would do... Ok, booked. I'm Norway bound now, end of august!

oslo?? or elsewhere?
    Bergen is cool :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    hmmmmmmmmmm this is my 3000th post
    3000 posts about boobs
    3000 posts about dunkman and al's secret relationship
    3000 posts too many

like that's going to happen :D

VV - I can imagine the breastfeeding remarks :p:D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    pjbiz wrote:
    nordic roadtrip? that sounds like something I would do... Ok, booked. I'm Norway bound now, end of august!

neat-o. :D

yeah, I'm really looking forward to this trip. :) only feeling slightly bad cause I can't drive so the guys (unless this one other gal is going too) will have to drive a lot. :o

ah well, they asked me to tag along so. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    neat-o.

yeah, I'm really looking forward to this trip. only feeling slightly bad cause I can't drive so the guys (unless this one other gal is going too) will have to drive a lot. :o

ah well, they asked me to tag along so. :D

emmi the only gal on a road trip with guys :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    :)

back ~ wow what a glorious heat wave, had a fab time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    emmi the only gal on a road trip with guys :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

ermm.. yeah. :D not the first time either. :p
    eMMI wrote:
    ermm.. yeah. :D not the first time either. :p

sounds like fun ;););)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Bergen is cool :)

I want to go to Bergen - sounds awesome!

Also, hello all! Been busy busy in the new job - scaring the peeps with the pink hair and new piercings!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!