Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dbkdbk Posts: 304
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Do it! And don't let anyone tell you the Rocky films are silly. They are empowering and the acting is top notch - ahem....I mean Sly Stallone along with B.A Baracus ("I aint gettin' on no goddamn plane fool!"). How can that be beat? I suggest watching Rocky 2 and then going for a power run at 4am, making sure your route takes you through a busy market place and finishes at the top of some high steps! I promise you will have attracted a massive fan base by the time you get to the finish line and that there will be music playing in the background whe you jump up and down at the end making unintelligible grunting noises.

WHAT AGAIN??????????

quality mate!! :D

did you get any morrissey items the other night???????
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dbk wrote:
    WHAT AGAIN??????????

quality mate!! :D

did you get any morrissey items the other night???????

Nah. I didn't see anything to be honest. I spent most of the time in the pit or at the bar at the back. I take it you didn't either?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    OK I'm gonna leave you guys to talk. Gotta dash and exercise then eat then do stuff. Catch you all later :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Actually, I shouldn't knock Rocky. I'm a child of the 70's. The Rocky films are as ingrained a part of my being as Frazzles, anoraks, rock n' roller disco, and Star Wars.
    OK I'm gonna leave you guys to talk. Gotta dash and exercise then eat then do stuff. Catch you all later :D

Laters. I'm out of here at 8 o'clock. Working late again. Be good!
    bye bye
    i actually had a packet of frazzles today
    weird
    i do believe they were the size of a wheel in the 70s or have confused it with something else???????
    no morrissey items purchased no

dbk wrote:
    bye bye
    i actually had a packet of frazzles today
    weird
    i do believe they were the size of a wheel in the 70s or have confused it with something else???????
    no morrissey items purchased no

Wagon wheels perhaps?? (I can't believe they changed the packaging of Frazzles a few months ago. The packet had been exactly the same since they were when I was at play school in about 1974. Blasphemy! :mad: )
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Wagon wheels perhaps?? (I can't believe they changed the packaging of Frazzles a few months ago. The packet had been exactly the same since they were when I was at play school in about 1974. Blasphemy! :mad: )

i refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post:_

"THE WORLDS GONE MAD"

• nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    ‘Maybe you should confuse him at the next gig by flashing him wearing a (chocolate?) strap-on?’

:eek: Well I’m willing to bet that would be a first :D

‘Jools was cool. Didn't look like they were totally rocking out though’

I agree, by their standards it almost looked like they were just playing – not much effort! I still absolutely loved it though :)

‘How sad is this my Ten and Vs are still the cassettes I bought at 12/13’

Wow! How did you get them to last so long? I think I had TWO cassettes of ten and have had at least three cd’s. It’s not that I’m not good at keeping stuff but I think I wore it out and it’s also the one cd that people have a habit of taking on me. I got into them pretty much at the beginning. It was just after Ten came out and one of the girls in fourth or fifth year put the tape on the school bus and it was black that did it for me. I was gone then. A few weeks later I was minding a couple of dogs for a friend of my mother and I’d obviously gone on about how much I wanted that tape so much that she bought it for me as a thank you.

i too have ten, vs, vitalogy,no code and yield on cassette!!

and ten, vs, vitalogy, yield and riot act on vinyl!!

and all of em bar ten(shock horror!!) on cd!!

still lookin for a dublin ticket too!! have a touts number...he charging 110euro
    tho......not too bad considerin ebay 200+.....maybe i think they is most
    definately worth it!!

any catch em on CHANNEL 4 at bout 1.25am the other nite on a
    MORE MUSIC thingy? was only bout 15mins long tho!!

then on sunday there was a good bit on zane lowes mtv 2 show
    gonzo....tho when ed/matt/jeff read out the letters they all
    seemed so fuckin out of it....and ed did shite on for awhile!!

once again help needed for dublin ticket!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Must do my bit for this thread. :D

BUMP!! Have run out of things to say :eek:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Morning all. Thought I'd bump start the thread back to the front page. Just having my first can of Red Bull. Am feeling a tad fragile today - be gentle with me! :cool:
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    mornin!

see the setlist for toronto?

they opened with release just like point, dublin in 96, oh cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    I was just falling asleep at my desk then. Today's gonna be a struggle. Shiiit! You know, just looking at these set lists depresses me when I see that they all have the option to 'Download' next to them, except for a few, including the Astoria. Bah!!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    belfast1 wrote:
    mornin!

see the setlist for toronto?

they opened with release just like point, dublin in 96, oh cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 2nd toronto one looks amazing :eek:

i was going to buy the 1st night, but now i'll buy both i think!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I was just falling asleep at my desk then. Today's gonna be a struggle. Shiiit! You know, just looking at these set lists depresses me when I see that they all have the option to 'Download' next to them, except for a few, including the Astoria. Bah!!

play something heavy and loud (like slayer - haha warmup at reading, guffaw guffaw)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    belfast1 wrote:
    play something heavy and loud (like slayer - haha warmup at reading, guffaw guffaw)

I reckon I'll be at some bar at the back somewhere when Slayer are strutting their not so funky stuff. Or pehaps I'll be munching a hotdawg. Plenty of mustard and ketchup, and fried onions - Yum yum!, I'm looking forward to Slayer being on already.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I reckon I'll be at some bar at the back somewhere when Slayer are strutting their not so funky stuff. Or pehaps I'll be munching a hotdawg.

that lineup for reading on the sunday is so poor
    belfast1 wrote:
    that lineup for reading on the sunday is so poor

Yeah, it'a bit lame. But I'm only going there for one band, so I'm not too fussed. Mind you, I was at Reading for the full 3 days in about 1996 and I only saw about 3 bands so It's not such a big deal. I'll be endulging in two of my favourite past-times up until Pearl Jam come on stage - eating and drinking, so I'll be o.k. :D
    06/01/00 - The Point Depot: Dublin, Ireland [121m]
    attendance: 8,500

set: Sometimes, Breakerfall, Grievance, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Animal, Nothing As It Seems, Faithfull, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Elderly Woman, Insignificance, Daughter/(WMA), Rearviewmirror, Alive, Go

enc: Do The Evolution, Lukin, Wishlist, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Garden, Black

notes: Ed is in a chatty mood, proposing a toast to Dublin, mentioning that the crowd had waited two albums for them to come to The Point again. He adds, "That's what we did ... how 'bout you? What did you do? You all grew up. You all became a bunch of thieves. You broke out of prison just so you could come here (a note about a local news story about early release of political prisoners under the terms of the Good Friday agreement). Now you have a taste of freedom ... here's to your new found freedom." Ed dedicates a wonderful version of 'Off He Goes' to the fair people of Donegal, noting "all six of 'em are right over there." After 'Alive,' Ed blesses the crowd with liquid from his wine bottle and Stone comments, "I think tonight was one of those nights where we probably shouldn't have played that song." Before 'Go,' Ed tells the crowd a lengthy story (full of Irish wit and wisdom) about a farmer, his son and his horses, which is a big crowd pleaser. 'Go' finishes with Mike making Hendrix/Townshend type contortions with his guitar while Ed sings lyrics from the Crowded House song, 'Don't Dream It's Over.' At the beginning of the encore Ed tells the crowd, "If you're not goin' we're not goin'." After 'DTE,' Ed mentions that Monkeywrench opened up for them in London and some of the members of that band used to be in Mudhoney and that the next song was written about one of their members, leading to 'Lukin.' After 'Better Man,' Ed says that if the crowd's up for it they'll play a song they haven't played in a long time (and that the band would remember the fact that they tried it out in Dublin), leading to 'Garden' - definitely a treat. (He asks the front row for help with the second verse.) 'Black' is introduced as a tragic little song. At the end of 'Black,' Ed covers himself with black tape, climbs up on the speaker at the right hand side of the stage and jumps into the crowd, where he is treated with superhero respect. A fantastic finish to a great concert. Other highlights: a huge, magnificent Better Man (Ed made it disco!), dancing on the intro of 'DTE', 'RVM' - as good as it's meant to be, while 'Insignificance' and 'Lukin' are powerful. Mike ON FIRE and the solos on 'NAIS' and 'Alive' were stand outs. Songs from Binaural are received like old favorites (although not particularly 'Insignificance') throughout and the Yield tracks never performed in Europe before especially (particularly 'Given To Fly').
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN ALL!! :)

06/01/00 - The Point Depot: Dublin, Ireland [121m]
    attendance: 8,500

set: Sometimes, Breakerfall, Grievance, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Animal, Nothing As It Seems, Faithfull, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Elderly Woman, Insignificance, Daughter/(WMA), Rearviewmirror, Alive, Go

enc: Do The Evolution, Lukin, Wishlist, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Garden, Black

notes: Ed is in a chatty mood, proposing a toast to Dublin, mentioning that the crowd had waited two albums for them to come to The Point again. He adds, "That's what we did ... how 'bout you? What did you do? You all grew up. You all became a bunch of thieves. You broke out of prison just so you could come here (a note about a local news story about early release of political prisoners under the terms of the Good Friday agreement). Now you have a taste of freedom ... here's to your new found freedom." Ed dedicates a wonderful version of 'Off He Goes' to the fair people of Donegal, noting "all six of 'em are right over there." After 'Alive,' Ed blesses the crowd with liquid from his wine bottle and Stone comments, "I think tonight was one of those nights where we probably shouldn't have played that song." Before 'Go,' Ed tells the crowd a lengthy story (full of Irish wit and wisdom) about a farmer, his son and his horses, which is a big crowd pleaser. 'Go' finishes with Mike making Hendrix/Townshend type contortions with his guitar while Ed sings lyrics from the Crowded House song, 'Don't Dream It's Over.' At the beginning of the encore Ed tells the crowd, "If you're not goin' we're not goin'." After 'DTE,' Ed mentions that Monkeywrench opened up for them in London and some of the members of that band used to be in Mudhoney and that the next song was written about one of their members, leading to 'Lukin.' After 'Better Man,' Ed says that if the crowd's up for it they'll play a song they haven't played in a long time (and that the band would remember the fact that they tried it out in Dublin), leading to 'Garden' - definitely a treat. (He asks the front row for help with the second verse.) 'Black' is introduced as a tragic little song. At the end of 'Black,' Ed covers himself with black tape, climbs up on the speaker at the right hand side of the stage and jumps into the crowd, where he is treated with superhero respect. A fantastic finish to a great concert. Other highlights: a huge, magnificent Better Man (Ed made it disco!), dancing on the intro of 'DTE', 'RVM' - as good as it's meant to be, while 'Insignificance' and 'Lukin' are powerful. Mike ON FIRE and the solos on 'NAIS' and 'Alive' were stand outs. Songs from Binaural are received like old favorites (although not particularly 'Insignificance') throughout and the Yield tracks never performed in Europe before especially (particularly 'Given To Fly').

Ah the memories, what a show, came out totally drenched!
    I need a coffee!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Too much catching up after yesterday - this thread as bad as the other one (contents a bit worse maybe!)

newagehippie - hope you're feeling better now - kidney stones... nasty!

Tat - I love tats! Mine aren't PJ related and the next one I'm gonna get won't be either. Does that make me less worthy????

Irish Al - 'sick ladies'!?!?!!? No, only open minded. Sick blokes? Perhaps (check your own posts!!)

sorry, as a graphic designer i get excited about scanning stuff... oooohhh RGB-CMYK script please ;)

i'm taking it to the tattoo guy to ask how much it'll be :cool:

If you get really excited about scanning, how about you scan the back of the Astoria T-shirt for me, make it nice and e-mail it to me? I'll love you forever and never be nasty to you!

You got a good tattoo artist in your part of the world then?

Now, gotta check this wet t-shirt thing.....
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    Too much catching up after yesterday - this thread as bad as the other one (contents a bit worse maybe!)

newagehippie - hope you're feeling better now - kidney stones... nasty!

Tat - I love tats! Mine aren't PJ related and the next one I'm gonna get won't be either. Does that make me less worthy????

Irish Al - 'sick ladies'!?!?!!? No, only open minded. Sick blokes? Perhaps (check your own posts!!)

If you get really excited about scanning, how about you scan the back of the Astoria T-shirt for me, make it nice and e-mail it to me? I'll love you forever and never be nasty to you!

You got a good tattoo artist in your part of the world then?

Now, gotta check this wet t-shirt thing.....

Missed ya red, and your sick naughty thoughts :D
    I need a coffee!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    :o awwww dunk. Thanks for that.

Oh and I'm not sure about these days but the band certainly USED to love Dublin. There was a Cameron Crowe article about the tour in 93 when they were struggling with fame and all that. Bob Dylan told Eddie 'go to Dublin' and Ed wrote a postcard to him saying 'made it'. There were rumours of Mike running up and down Temple Bar naked, Dave selling flowers on Grafton St and joining in with a bunch of buskers singing black. Sounded like they had a bit of fun anyway :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    redrock wrote:
    If you get really excited about scanning, how about you scan the back of the Astoria T-shirt for me, make it nice and e-mail it to me? I'll love you forever and never be nasty to you!.

i would but i never got a t-shirt... i thought i'd wait until then end but then i forgot due to gig being so damn good :(

i dont think it would scan too good to be honest... it would be slightly fuzzy due to it being something thats already been printed... it would need some descreening on it and that tends to blur the image..

apparently there were spares after the gig... we could email goods@tenclub.net and ask if we could buy 1 and pay the shipping etc... :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    i would but i never got a t-shirt... i thought i'd wait until then end but then i forgot due to gig being so damn good :(

i dont think it would scan too good to be honest... it would be slightly fuzzy due to it being something thats already been printed... it would need some descreening on it and that tends to blur the image..

apparently there were spares after the gig... we could email goods@tenclub.net and ask if we could buy 1 and pay the shipping etc... :)

Damn.... I'll try the goods people then.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:

You've got e-mail... finally :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:

Not a scan but had a look on e-bay and this listing has quite a good picture of the back if that helps :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-THE-LONDON-ASTORIA-TSHIRT-SKINNY-FIT_W0QQitemZ7617118070QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Not a scan but had a look on e-bay and this listing has quite a good picture of the back if that helps :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-THE-LONDON-ASTORIA-TSHIRT-SKINNY-FIT_W0QQitemZ7617118070QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought 3 shirts at the Astoria and gave 2 away. I had no idea they'd end up going for £150 on ebay. I should have bought 5. Damn and blast say I! I could have indirectly made back some of the money I spent on my ticket. Oh well, mustn't grumble!
    I've only just noticed that PJ have got a 1 month break in between playing in the U.S between playing Dublin. Cool! They'll be nicely refreshed by the time they get to Dublin.

23 Jul George Washington The Gorge
    23 Aug Dublin Ireland The Point