Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Morning peeps! *waves* :D

Good news! I have a job!
    Went through the redundancy process over the last few weeks and applied for jobs within the company. I got one! I start on the 1st of July as a customer support administrator (oh swish!) and i'm on more money... all good :D

Just a shame the weather's turned poo :(

How are we all?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Well.............I guess I will say it.....

Happy Birthday Casey....hope it was great....... ; )

:eek: Casey!!!!! ... good to *see* you and glad your birthday was great :D belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!

.. mine was pretty good too :cool: ;)

*waves* Dave ... hopefully catch you soon

*waves* Sian ... great news about the job ... hope you have a great celebratory weekend ... although is t'other half in exam stress?

Morning all :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262

Good news! I have a job!
    Went through the redundancy process over the last few weeks and applied for jobs within the company. I got one! I start on the 1st of July as a customer support administrator (oh swish!) and i'm on more money... all good :D

Just a shame the weather's turned poo : (

How are we all?

great news about the job!!!! :D

the weather here.. is shite.. then great.. then shite.. then great.. then shite.. then great..

and shite can mean anything from just plain cold to snow or a brief hailstorm. and these changes occur in matters of minutes sometimes. :rolleyes:

but of course, here in our store it's a nice tropical athmosphere. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

Good news! I have a job!

Just a shame the weather's turned poo :(

How are we all?

congrats on the job Sian...

Weather just turned shite here this afternoon as well!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lil' phone messages keep on reminding me that I have ignored you guys here. Just to let you know I still love you all and thank you for all your thoughts.

xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Lil' phone messages keep on reminding me that I have ignored you guys here. Just to let you know I still love you all and thank you for all your thoughts.

xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    Love ya loads red :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Thanks for the congrats peeps :D

How are we all? Weather improved? It has here :D

I had a pretty poo weekend... missed my man and had a funny turn yesterday :( (In the process of dying my hair yeasterday afternoon with my housemate in the kitchen, I decide to have a little unconscious bogle and a good old grunt on the floor for a few minutes, after smacking my face on the doorframe and wall on the way down! I've never had a fit before and now I look like i've gone ten rounds and I can't shift my headache... I swear, if it's not one thing it's another with me... :rolleyes: ) Anyways, I need cheering up!

EDIT: Don't panic or get onto me! I'm going to the quacks about it on Thursday :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

Thanks for the congrats peeps :D

How are we all? Weather improved? It has here : D

I had a pretty poo weekend... missed my man and had a funny turn yesterday :( (In the process of dying my hair yeasterday afternoon with my housemate in the kitchen, I decide to have a little unconscious bogle and a good old grunt on the floor for a few minutes, after smacking my face on the doorframe and wall on the way down! I've never had a fit before and now I look like i've gone ten rounds and I can't shift my headache... I swear, if it's not one thing it's another with me... :rolleyes: ) Anyways, I need cheering up!

EDIT: Don't panic or get onto me! I'm going to the quacks about it on Thursday :)
    :eek: Sian what the fuck? Wow I hope it's nothing serious!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

:eek:
    doesn't sound good sian!

i had a good weekend, my team won in the rugby, and now we have the home semi final, Carn the Waratahs!!

Rocked out to one of my fave bands on friday night, amazing show, just listened to the recording today that someone made! it is missing 1 song coz they too blacked out, lost sight and hearing for 30 secs! so when it came back, they moved to the side and recorded again!

i put some pic of facebook, got a new camera, so i took loads, some great ones grom the gig :)

now back to work today, and i find that some thieving fuck has stolen shit out of my drawer, not mine, but company stuff, but they are pretty dumb coz when you steal a phone, you can get the thing blocked pretty quickly!

Thank god they only took that and not the laptop that was in another drawer!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

yeah I do too but will only know if I get it checked out :)

Scared the hell out of me tbh :o
    :eek:
    doesn't sound good sian!

i had a good weekend, my team won in the rugby, and now we have the home semi final, Carn the Waratahs!!

Rocked out to one of my fave bands on friday night, amazing show, just listened to the recording today that someone made! it is missing 1 song coz they too blacked out, lost sight and hearing for 30 secs! so when it came back, they moved to the side and recorded again!

i put some pic of facebook, got a new camera, so i took loads, some great ones grom the gig
    now back to work today, and i find that some thieving fuck has stolen shit out of my drawer, not mine, but company stuff, but they are pretty dumb coz when you steal a phone, you can get the thing blocked pretty quickly!

Thank god they only took that and not the laptop that was in another drawer!

shit Soupy, I hate it when stuff gets taken, like you say, it just seems so pointless is this day and age with sim blocking etc.

I'll have a look at your pics now :)

yeah I do too but will only know if I get it checked out :)

Scared the hell out of me tbh :o

shit Soupy, I hate it when stuff gets taken, like you say, it just seems so pointless is this day and age with sim blocking etc.

I'll have a look at your pics now :)
    I've had a couple of fits before... a few years back. Got it checked out and they told me there was nothing wrong with me... which was even more worrying... cos there obviously was :o so yeh, I know how fucking terrifying it can be. Ya poor thing :o ya must have been pretty shaken.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I've had a couple of fits before... a few years back. Got it checked out and they told me there was nothing wrong with me... which was even more worrying... cos there obviously was :o so yeh, I know how fucking terrifying it can be. Ya poor thing :o ya must have been pretty shaken.

yeah, I was in a bit of shock tbh.

Apparently anyone can have a fit at any point in their life for no apparent reason other than there is a build up of energy around the synapses and it releases it. I'm still gonna get it checked out though.

I'm sick of everyone at work asking what's wrong with my face now... and if one more person asks me if it was because i'm pregnant I'm gonna poke 'em in the eye with a rusty fork! :mad:

yeah, I was in a bit of shock tbh.

Apparently anyone can have a fit at any point in their life for no apparent reason other than there is a build up of energy around the synapses and it releases it. I'm still gonna get it checked out though.

I'm sick of everyone at work asking what's wrong with my face now... and if one more person asks me if it was because i'm pregnant I'm gonna poke 'em in the eye with a rusty fork! :mad:
    oh I didn't know there doesn't have to be a reason. Let's hope yours was just one of those then :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oh I didn't know there doesn't have to be a reason. Let's hope yours was just one of those then :)

I know my cousin had one 17 years ago and hasn't had another one since so fingers crossed 'tis the same for Sian ... and you ;)
    Chime wrote:
    I know my cousin had one 17 years ago and hasn't had another one since so fingers crossed 'tis the same for Sian ... and you ;)
    :) thank you... well I had about three I think in the space of a few years... but last one was about 6 years ago :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    jaysis, thats a bit mad Sian! Its strange the way our bodies react to different things. In my old job, there were two girls that took it in turns to collapse every weekend for a few months - no joke. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with either of them, and put it down to stress of them doing the Leaving Cert exams. Was very scary though, they'd collapse in the stockroom, or while serving customers so the managers had to make sure they were never left on their own.

I also feel horribly guilty for having a li'l giggle at the thought of people falling over :o I'm only human :D

Well, I have my hair back to bright pink after having it pretty dark for a few months. I also roadtripped up to Belfast on Sat - had fun singin along to "Breakin the Law" while crossing the border (what with the Provisionsal licence not valid in the North, no L plates, driving on the motorway etc...) . Mates band was playing Katy Dalys so that was a bit of a laugh.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Oh and Hells I know you were busy with meet the parents/hen-do shenanigans this weekend but did you see Cipriani's injury :eek: .. watching it on tv and even the pics in the paper this morning made me come over all squeamish :o :(
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ooo Sian ouch ! :(

love n hugs

(still slaving over the paint brush will be back when I'm straight )

watched brokeback moutain AND candy last night , then couldn't sleep both great films wow candy was very heavy going!!! so so sad :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    ooo Sian ouch !

love n hugs

(still slaving over the paint brush will be back when I'm straight )

watched brokeback moutain AND candy last night , then couldn't sleep both great films wow candy was very heavy going!!! so so sad :(

Thanks and Brokeback is a fantastic movie :D

Anyways, been investigating stuffs on t'internet... turns out I may have hair dye poisoning! :eek:

Symptoms include nausea, stomach pains, lack of vision and collapsing possibly ending in a fit... everything I had :eek:
    That's what you get for putting 7 packs of bleach and 4 boxes of hair dye on your head in 7 hours :o

Thanks and Brokeback is a fantastic movie : D

Anyways, been investigating stuffs on t'internet... turns out I may have hair dye poisoning! :eek :

Symptoms include nausea, stomach pains, lack of vision and collapsing possibly ending in a fit... everything I had :eek :
    That's what you get for putting 7 packs of bleach and 4 boxes of hair dye on your head in 7 hours :o

:eek: jesus woman :o at least you've maybe found your answer ... and it's not something that's likely to just happen again.

... watched Brokeback as well. Love that film :) ... but soooo sad. Didn't even try to stay awake for Candy :o
    Chime wrote:
    Oh and Hells I know you were busy with meet the parents/hen-do shenanigans this weekend but did you see Cipriani's injury :eek: .. watching it on tv and even the pics in the paper this morning made me come over all squeamish :o :(
    No... and I don't think I should look now either :o

The hen do was fantastic by the way... we did 'it's a knockout' and got soaked and got to make complete fools of ourselves... great team building stuff :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Anyways, been investigating stuffs on t'internet... turns out I may have hair dye poisoning! :eek:

Symptoms include nausea, stomach pains, lack of vision and collapsing possibly ending in a fit... everything I had :eek:
    :eek: Holy fuck... that's how it was for me too... I wonder if I'd dyed my hair around that time.

And Sian... internet self diagnosis can be dangerous.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :eek: Holy fuck... that's how it was for me too... I wonder if I'd dyed my hair around that time.

And Sian... internet self diagnosis can be dangerous.

Oh I know, I'm still gonna go to the quacks and make sure i'm ok :)

Jaysus!!
    keep ya hair el naturale and you will be all ok!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

*freaks out* you can get hair dye poisining?! :eek: And good lord, what did you do to yer hair?! I hope yer feeling better today :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    cor blimey luv, that is a lot of stuff on ur head ! :eek:

hope ur feeling all good now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm going to have to stop dying my pubes now :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Hey all *waves*

I'm feeling a lot better today thanks :)
    Although... i'm dying my hair again on monday :o

I'm trying to get it back to it's natural colour from 12 years of dying it black, Soupy! That's why there was that amount of bleach! I have waist length thick curly(ish) hair so 7 packs were used... needless to say, i won't be bleaching again :o

Hey all *waves*

I'm feeling a lot better today thanks :)
    Although... i'm dying my hair again on monday :o

I'm trying to get it back to it's natural colour from 12 years of dying it black, Soupy! That's why there was that amount of bleach! I have waist length thick curly(ish) hair so 7 packs were used... needless to say, i won't be bleaching again :o

just cut it all off, and then let it grow back ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

just cut it all off, and then let it grow back ;)

:eek: NO! It's taken me years to get it this long! :o
    I'm having it cut this afternoon but it'll literally be a trim... nothing more than 2 inches off the bottom...

Just call me 'Samson' :cool: