Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:
    hahahaha yep jrd u've outed me :eek:

we nearly didnt go this yr but the guy i work for had already saved me tickets !! i do 5 hours a day massage in the healing field so the timing of stuff can be tricky!
    thanks for all the names soupie I shall check em out :D def. will see kings of leon again they are ACE live, and Foals, Band of horses and justine adams :)

better start doing me home work on the rest.

jen if it wasnt for the Who saving the day last yr (o and bjork ) it would have been a def. no no this yr!!! Evas's daughter has been taking over hence why the crap student indie bands taking over !

V I have had a couple of Seth Lakeman songs on my myspace page and remember you commenting that you thought the song on my myspace page was 'interesting' so you may want to check him out. I've seen him live a couple of times (although in tiny venues) and it was always fun :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    V V wrote:
    so glasto line up for this year.... so many bands I dont know, any heads up ppl ???

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news.aspx?id=2179#Jazz_World_Stage

single fish!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Wishing you well Rita xxxx
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Evening all! :D

How are you all?

What's wrong with Rita? Are you ok hun? *worried*

xx
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Evening all! :D

How are you all?

What's wrong with Rita? Are you ok hun? *worried*

xx

stoney! long time no see! ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    How's the Dublin posse????

:cool:

Started my new job, much shit to sort out. It's a brand spanking new project so have to sort out everything from premises to equipment :eek:

Probably won't see any kids for about 3 months...ah well :D

Love to ya'll espicially red
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    How's the Dublin posse????

:cool:

Started my new job, much shit to sort out. It's a brand spanking new project so have to sort out everything from premises to equipment :eek:

Probably won't see any kids for about 3 months...ah well :D

Love to ya'll espicially red

ah well, not long to go now until MSG :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So, Tom Dunne says Brendan O'Brien is producing Pearl Jam's new album at the moment!! sccchhound!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    So, Tom Dunne says Brendan O'Brien is producing Pearl Jam's new album at the moment!! sccchhound!

who is Tom Dunne? some Irish DJ is he?

well if he read the forum approx 5 days ago he would have found that out then.. ;):D

May 02, 2008, 5:30 PM ET

Jessica Letkemann, N.Y.

Pearl Jam has started recording its ninth studio album with producer Brendan O'Brien, guitarist Mike McCready told Seattle radio station KISW yesterday (May 1). Though only "four or five" songs are being worked on so far, McCready said the band is hoping to release the record in 2008.

The new effort, a follow-up to its self-titled 2006 album, finds Pearl Jam reteaming with longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine) for the first time since 1998's "Yield." O'Brien has also produced Pearl Jam's "Vs." (1993), "Vitalogy" (1994) and "No Code."

The two parties first reunited last year to record a cover of the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" for the soundtrack to the Adam Sandler film "Reign Over Me."

"Brendan works really fast," Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament told Billboard.com in March. "He's a super pro. I've always felt, working with him, that he understood me as a bass player and that's not always easy. A lot of producers are there to please the singer. But I've always had a great rapport with him. I can tell him I want something to sound like the O'Jays or Led Zeppelin or PJ Harvey and he gets it."

"We've always been friends," O'Brien told Billboard.com last fall. "They were great to me when we were making records together [before], and we still remained very good friends ... I still think they're a great band. Eddie [Vedder] has one of the best, if not the best, voices out there. When he sings, people believe them."

As previously reported, Pearl Jam is about to embark on a 13-date East Coast tour that runs from June 11-30.

In an effort to support Portland, Ore., U.S. Senate candidate Steve Novick, the band has set aside special tickets to its sold-out shows in New York, Camden, N.J., and Washington, D.C., that include donations to Novick's campaign. Novick donation tickets to the Washington, D.C., show include access to a meet-and-greet with guitarist Stone Gossard.

Last month, Gossard was among a group of musicians that also included R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe, the Decemberists' Colin Meloy, Sleater-Kinney's Corin Tucker and Spoon's Britt Daniel who released a letter of support for the candidate.

Pearl Jam's eponymous 2006 album peaked at No 2 on The Billboard 200 and lead single "World Wide Suicide" reached No. 1 on the Modern Rock chart.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    mehmehmehmeh :p

its just odd that Irish people on the radio actually know these things - especially that lad!

hope all are well here. My life is still all wishywashy :o

*falls asleep on desk*
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

hope all are well here. My life is still all wishywashy :o

*falls asleep on desk*

is the good weather no cheering you up?

i'm happier than a goth in a black velvet shop these days... i want to live in some hot country... Hotistan... or Boilingland.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    oooOOOooooo nice lil read thank you Mr. Dunk
    cool to hear Jeff mention the great other PJ ~ Harvey :D

I've been trying to work hard and Defiantly feeling alot happier now the sun is warm, was dreading getting the tipi out felt like cold and rain would never end !

still working my way through Glasto. recommendations :)

so any gigs (apart from jammie ones) lined up for you ppl ???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    I'd say we'll defo get some new tracks played on the tour woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Well I picked up tickets yesterday for a special acoustic show by the lovely Gemma Hayes in Whelans at the end of the month....swoon :rolleyes:

Oh and heading to the top man Billy Connolly just before jetting out to the US of A ;)

Hope everyone is tickin along nicely
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    damn, I just got myself all worked up thinking about kids behaving like fecking IDIOTS!

lol.

a new girl who started here yesterday, apparently panicked all the way through her shift. :rolleyes: she's NO previous customer service experience and the only reason our boss hired her is her interest in movies! jaysis. and now the bossman is going away on a holiday and me and the other "old" girl have got responsibility of this new chick and one who started before her (thank god the other girl is doing fairly well).

argh.

much much love to all of yous though. it's raining here and it's bloody scorching here at the store and out chocolates are melting. but I'm listening and watching Robert Plant so that makes up for a lot. :D

xxxxxxxxxx
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Irish Al wrote:

Oh and heading to the top man Billy Connolly

tour? when? how? salamanders? musky fridges?

:eek: to the power 23909357465342

ah feckin Irish tour!!! have fun Alphonse :):)
    Morning all :)

For this month Shawn Smith tonight ... Terrorvision later this month ... may also be seeing Hot Wax on Saturday :p

Also saw Liam Finn (playing the same place I'll be seeing Hot Wax) last week and he was great!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    Morning all :)

For this month Shawn Smith tonight ... Terrorvision later this month ... may also being seeing Hot Wax on Saturday :p
    Randall saw Shawn Smith last night and he played crown of thorns... said he was fucking excellent!

I've just got the boss coming up in Cardiff next month.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    eMMI wrote:
    damn, I just got myself all worked up thinking about kids behaving like fecking IDIOTS!

lol.

a new girl who started here yesterday, apparently panicked all the way through her shift. :rolleyes: she's NO previous customer service experience and the only reason our boss hired her is her interest in movies! jaysis. and now the bossman is going away on a holiday and me and the other "old" girl have got responsibility of this new chick and one who started before her (thank god the other girl is doing fairly well).
    argh.
    much much love to all of yous though. it's raining here and it's bloody scorching here at the store and out chocolates are melting. but I'm listening and watching Robert Plant so that makes up for a lot. :D

...but is she hot that what the lads (apart from me obviously!) want to know!
    dunkman wrote:
    tour? when? how? salamanders? musky fridges?
    :eek: to the power 23909357465342
    ah feckin Irish tour!!! have fun Alphonse

Yeah next month...I think he's doing something like 14 nights in my favourite venue in Dublin...the olympia....man I'd pay anything to see PJ there

Chime wrote:
    Terrorvision later this month ... may also being seeing Hot Wax on Saturday

Terrorvision...ah the memories, what a great live band, its great their back together :D

Hot Wax...they sound great :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    ...but is she hot that what the lads (apart from me obviously!) want to know!

I've only seen her very briefly yesterday as I dashed in to return a movie and get something to drink. I guess she's cute. wears too much make-up though. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Irish Al wrote:
    Terrorvision...ah the memories, what a great live band, its great their back together :D

Hot Wax...they sound great :D

I'm really looking forward to the Terrorvision gig ... should be AWESOME :D don't know if they are properly back together or if it is just the 4 gigs :o
    eMMI wrote:
    I guess she's cute. :p

Hired ;)
    Chime wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to the Terrorvision gig ... should be AWESOME :D don't know if they are properly back together or if it is just the 4 gigs :o

All together now...."DO WAP, DAP DA DO WAP, DAP DA DO WAP, DAP DA DO....IF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CAMPED OUT IN YOUR BACKGARDEN, WOULD YOU WRITE AND TELL THE KING OR WOULD YOU GRAB A TENT AND JOIN THEM"
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hired ;)

if only the 'hired' in the word 'hired' was replaced by 'shagged'

:p:D
    Irish Al wrote:
    All together now...."DO WAP, DAP DA DO WAP, DAP DA DO WAP, DAP DA DO....IF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CAMPED OUT IN YOUR BACKGARDEN, WOULD YOU WRITE AND TELL THE KING OR WOULD YOU GRAB A TENT AND JOIN THEM"

I used to love dancing around my room to Terrorvision :cool:

:D that's the internal jukebox sorted for the day ... How to Make Friends on repeat...

SOMETHING ABOUT YOU REALLY PUTS ME DOWN
    YOU'RE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY YOU'RE THE TOAST OF THE TOWN
    SOMETHING ABOUT YOU REALLY PICKS ME UP
    LIKE A HOT CUP OF COFFEE IN A HOT COFFEE CUP

just have to hope nobody comes into my office to see me bopping along :o:p
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hired ;)

unfortunately. :rolleyes: lol. actually, since this is a job that forces you to interact with loads of people, the employees have to be.. ehh.. tidy, appearance-wise.. but our boss doesn't want to hire TOO attractive girls cause then they'd get bothered and/or stalked by some customers. :eek: which is true and has happened..

and all that makes sense, but thinking about it too much can take a girl's self-esteem down a notch. :o lol.
    eMMI wrote:
    unfortunately. :rolleyes: lol. actually, since this is a job that forces you to interact with loads of people, the employees have to be.. ehh.. tidy, appearance-wise.. but our boss doesn't want to hire TOO attractive girls cause then they'd get bothered and/or stalked by some customers. :eek: which is true and has happened..

and all that makes sense, but thinking about it too much can take a girl's self-esteem down a notch. :o lol.

Was gonna say...why did he hire you???? ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Was gonna say...why did he hire you???? ;)

why thank you. ;):D
    Chime wrote:
    I used to love dancing around my room to Terrorvision :cool:
    that's the internal jukebox sorted for the day ... How to Make Friends on repeat...

SOMETHING ABOUT YOU REALLY PUTS ME DOWN
    YOU'RE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY YOU'RE THE TOAST OF THE TOWN
    SOMETHING ABOUT YOU REALLY PICKS ME UP
    LIKE A HOT CUP OF COFFEE IN A HOT COFFEE CUP

just have to hope nobody comes into my office to see me bopping along :o

Glad I could be of service.....where have my terrorvision tapes gone to :D
    eMMI wrote:
    why thank you. ;)

just tellin it like it is :D
    I need a coffee!
    billy Connolly is fecking fantastic live

Hot wax are also fecking fantastic live

melted chocolates are not good :(
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

melted chocolates are not good :(

too true! :eek:
    dunkman wrote:
    is the good weather no cheering you up?

i'm happier than a goth in a black velvet shop these days... i want to live in some hot country... Hotistan... or Boilingland.

I'm happier today. I got re-offered the job I refused earlier last month. they offered more money, so I think I might go for it. Its scary thinking about new jobs n'stuff, and it'll still be a pay decrease but I have my money for NY and thats all that matters :D

Its totally above 20degrees today, and I got to sit out in my li'l patio all morning, t'was awesome!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!