Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Irish Al wrote:
    Everyone else....I'm sharin the Al love today!!

sending it Red's way XXX
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I failed my test AGAIN! Feckin useless! I drove too slow in the housing estates :(
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    V V wrote:
    sending it Red's way XXX
    Me too :( thank you vv :o

Jenny I'm sorry! But most people have to do it about 6 times before they pass :o so you're still ahead of everyone else, right? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hey all...cheers and slainte from your favorite irish wannabe. hope all's getting better...cheers and health...
    I love to turn you on
    hello :)

arr jen > didnt know they would complain about driving to slow :confused:
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Howdy y'all

Jen - sorry hun :( maybe next time hey?

I'm feeling a little more positive over these last couple of days, been actively job hunting and found some good stuff to apply for. My boss went through my CV and corrected any errors so I shoud be good to be allowed out and apply for stuff in public now ;)

Only thing is, applying for all these jobs... I have my labret pierced and stretched ears and I don't think most employers (especially in the jobs i'm going for) will take kindly to chunks of surgical steel through my delicate facial features... so bidding adieu to the piercings, they will be taken out asap... *sniff*

goddamn I hate all this growning up lark... :rolleyes:

I trust we are all well?

feeling any better Helen?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.

feeling any better Helen?
    Much better thanks :) I forced everyone into having a meeting yesterday with a list of all the stuff that people are in charge of... my name was beside most of it and my boss finally realised how much I have to do and his attitude's changed completely... and I've suddenly somehow turned into miss super organised :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    ... so bidding adieu to the piercings, they will be taken out asap... *sniff*

*gasp* noooo... not the piercings... won't someone PLEASE think of the piiiierrrcciiinnnngs! Why not get yerself some pretty plugs, or even flesh looking ones, and a retainer for the labret?

In other news, I had a dream I nearly missed out on Eddie Vedder playing in Nijmegen in Holland. I wasn't too arsed till people tried convincing me, then I went to look at flights on Ryanair and discovered Eindhoven was too far from it :confused: I dunno what my brain is thinking sometimes!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    *gasp* noooo... not the piercings... won't someone PLEASE think of the piiiierrrcciiinnnngs! Why not get yerself some pretty plugs, or even flesh looking ones, and a retainer for the labret?

nah, I can't be bothered. Besides, i'm looking at getting a job in school so retainers might not be acceptable. I've been thinking about removing my stretched earrings for a while tbh. I'm gutted about losing my labret but needs must when the devil drives and all that :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

nah, I can't be bothered. Besides, i'm looking at getting a job in school so retainers might not be acceptable. I've been thinking about removing my stretched earrings for a while tbh. I'm gutted about losing my labret but needs must when the devil drives and all that :)

well the ears will take a while - what size were you at? get rubbing with the moisturiser though, should help them along. In memory of yer loss, I should get something pierced :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    well the ears will take a while - what size were you at? get rubbing with the moisturiser though, should help them along. In memory of yer loss, I should get something pierced :D

Well i've just taken them out so all good :) one's 5mm and the other is 3 so they shouldn't take too long to heal up.

You should get your... hmm... nipple pierced!

I completely forgot about the astoria anniversary... 5 days ago :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    I failed my test AGAIN! Feckin useless! I drove too slow in the housing estates :(

get me a pair of awesome rubber tits, 3 cans of hair dye and a nose ring and i'll pass the fucking thing for you :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    get me a pair of awesome rubber tits, 3 cans of hair dye and a nose ring and i'll pass the fucking thing for you :)

haha - awesometastic!

seriously though - I understand if I was drving slow on the main road. But its a housing estate, with kids an' all. Fair enough, if I speed up and kill 'em all, will you pass me then?!

ah well, I just took down the L plates (again) and drove home :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    I completely forgot about the astoria anniversary... 5 days ago :(

:eek: how could you !!!

i didnt post that day but I sure ran through it in my head :D:D

did you know they are going to pull the Astoria down :(

u are so lucky u cant smell me hahaha been dancing for a while, huby said I might be needed to dance at the bog mashers ball (biker thingy) so been trying to get something sorted with SOAD ~ Spiders ooooooo i do love that song Right shower time
    have a fab wkend all
    more Love to red xxxxxxxx
    V V wrote:
    :eek: how could you !!!

i didnt post that day but I sure ran through it in my head :D: D

did you know they are going to pull the Astoria down : (

u are so lucky u cant smell me hahaha been dancing for a while, huby said I might be needed to dance at the bog mashers ball (biker thingy) so been trying to get something sorted with SOAD ~ Spiders ooooooo i do love that song Right shower time
    have a fab wkend all
    more Love to red xxxxxxxx
    I was pretty hungover that day... had been out with some jammers Saturday night and me and Randall were up talking shite til 10am sunday... so when I got home, I'd VERY little on my mind apart from trying to stay awake :D the date never entered my head once.

Yeh, I know they're pulling it down :mad: bastards... ya know the point is gone too? Well they're redeveloping it.

hahahaha... stinky stinky! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    .. ya know the point is gone too? Well they're redeveloping it.

:eek: no ! damn :( i hope the new one is better but not bigger
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    howdy-doo everybody...
    lovely sunny day here today... am actually thinking of going to the local open-air pool for a swim...!
    Al... ill buy you a beer... but only 1!

don't forget to bring enough money to buy the pint of shandy you owe me... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    jrd wrote:
    don't forget to bring enough money to buy the pint of shandy you owe me... ;)

half pint sir.... Half pint ;)
    dont want you getting too drunk in front of the Mrs now, do we!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Howdy all,

First off....much love to rita :(

Vedder soup...1 is all I need I'll be bollixed from the night before anyway ;)

Jen...sorry you didn't pass your test...mrs al passed hers on monday....keep plugging away!

Not sure how much time I'll have to come here over the next few weeks, my current job want their computer back for some reason and I might have to wait a few weeks to get 1 in the new job...and I can't be arsed going upstairs to the pc

:cool:

Grant lee phillips tomorrow night...sweet
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Vedder soup...1 is all I need I'll be bollixed from the night before anyway ;)

i would need to take out a bank loan if i was going to buy you more!!
    manhattan prices and there tipping and all!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

so glasto line up for this year.... so many bands I dont know, any heads up ppl ???

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news.aspx?id=2179#Jazz_World_Stage
    I've heard of about half of those bands, but there's none there that I'd actually go to the effort of watching except maybe Jay Z. Tis a very scene/indie lineup :o
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    saturday on the pyramid, you gotta see Manu Chao...

Never seen them live, but i love their music, meant to be amazing live, check them out, seasick steve a little earlier is meant to be great as well.
    Friday on the other stage, check out the hilltop hoods, for some great australian hip hop, different to anything else hip hop wise (apart from some other aussie hip hop) ben folds is great live as well... and he lives in adelaide! still on the aussie seen, The Hoodoo Gurus, good bit of rock :)
    Brian Jones Town Massacre i have heard good things about... again never seen them. Fun Lovin’ Criminals, of course... great live, seen them twice and it is all about the scooby snacks ;) Buddy Guy and Eric bibb for your blues...
    King Solomon Burke, without a doubt this guy is one of the most amazing artists i have ever seen don't miss him, a big guy, a big band and an even bigger voice, gospel, blues, soul! Seth Lakeman is good.. Xavier Rudd is great (and i am not saying that coz he is aussie...)

good list there to keep you clear of the indie kids!
    definatly enough there to keep me busy, but unfortunatly not going to be there :(
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    V V wrote:
    so glasto line up for this year.... so many bands I dont know, any heads up ppl ???

you just want to see Shakin' Stevens don't you ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    hahahaha yep jrd u've outed me :eek:

we nearly didnt go this yr but the guy i work for had already saved me tickets !! i do 5 hours a day massage in the healing field so the timing of stuff can be tricky!
    thanks for all the names soupie I shall check em out :D def. will see kings of leon again they are ACE live, and Foals, Band of horses and justine adams :)

better start doing me home work on the rest.

jen if it wasnt for the Who saving the day last yr (o and bjork ) it would have been a def. no no this yr!!! Evas's daughter has been taking over hence why the crap student indie bands taking over !
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    jrd wrote:
    you just want to see Shakin' Stevens don't you ;)

The fuckin green door!!!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    V V wrote:

well on john peel stage check out:

The National
    Stars
    Vampire Weekend (though they playin Friday & Saturday!)
    Brian Johnstown Massacre (meant to be great, have like 13 records!!)
    Holy Fuck
    Biffy Clyro

jazz stage:

Jimmy Cliff (Ska legend - You Can Get It If You Really Want!!)
    Ethiopiques
    Solomon Burke (Soul legend!)

Seasick Steve,
    John Cale (Velvet Underground!)
    The Slackers (US PUNK SKA BAND)
    Jape (Richie Egan from excellenrt Redneck Manifesto) left field stage
    Neville Staples (EX SPECIALS!!) leftfield stage
    DREADZONE are a class reggae/dance act Friday Glade Stage
    FIGHT LIKE APES (Dublin ACT) Friday Late N Live stage
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    well on john peel stage check out:

The National
    Stars
    Vampire Weekend (though they playin Friday & Saturday!)
    Brian Johnstown Massacre (meant to be great, have like 13 records!!)
    Holy Fuck
    Biffy Clyro

jazz stage:

Jimmy Cliff (Ska legend - You Can Get It If You Really Want!!)
    Ethiopiques
    Solomon Burke (Soul legend!)

Seasick Steve,
    John Cale (Velvet Underground!)
    The Slackers (US PUNK SKA BAND)
    Jape (Richie Egan from excellenrt Redneck Manifesto) left field stage
    Neville Staples (EX SPECIALS!!) leftfield stage
    DREADZONE are a class reggae/dance act Friday Glade Stage
    FIGHT LIKE APES (Dublin ACT) Friday Late N Live stage

thanks nutmeg :)
    saw seasick last yr was great though a lil too chatty between song and I am not sure why they have put him on the main stage where the sound could easerly be lost he should play the acoustic tent *shrugs*
    also saw dreadzone last yr very good as u say.
    these "Brian Johnstown Massacre" were recommended by another friend too, i will work my way through all recommendations via myspace and build a list of acts to try n see :D xxx
    Ooohh... i dunno much about the rest of them nutmeg... but Jape IS pretty excellent live indeed... nice guy too!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life