Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    blaaahhhh!!

I'm bored. nobody on MSN, nothing to do at work...

hope yous are all well. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    dunkman wrote:
    hi siochan!!!! its been ages since you last posted!!

i even saw your last post was 14 months ago and was this gem

great :D

Yeah it's been quite a while- life has been busy - what with immigrating and shit...... but i'm here again for now anyway - i'm wondering should i go to MSG too!! I'll be happy to go to both philly shows though - gotta see if i can do new york show - i aint a big fan of new york though its too big -lol.
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
    FFs i've just remembered about the whole being 5 hours behind thing - i must long on in morning during normal day hours - hope everyone is doing well !!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    siochan wrote:
    FFs i've just remembered about the whole being 5 hours behind thing - i must long on in morning during normal day hours - hope everyone is doing well !!
    Hey you :) I was just thinking about you a couple of weeks ago and how I hadn't seen you here in ages... but I couldn't for the life of me think of your user name here :eek:

How's Philly treating you? I was there for a day last year and that place gives great vibes... really cool city.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Hey you :) I was just thinking about you a couple of weeks ago and how I hadn't seen you here in ages... but I couldn't for the life of me think of your user name here :eek:

How's Philly treating you? I was there for a day last year and that place gives great vibes... really cool city.

Philly is pretty grand - It's a nice city. We're living just outside the city - maybe a 20 minute drive away (in rush hour traffic it takes about an hour ffs)
    Myself and daughter are only just here - the other half has been here from August so we're still settling in - because i've been around Philly quite a bit it isn't as hard to settle.
    The area we are living in is full of irish (like most of america) so I can't see me getting homesick everywhere i move i seem to bump into somewhere from Ireland - which is nice ......... and now i'm looking forward to seeing PJ here too !!
    Hope all is well with yourself and life is treating u well.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Anyone around? :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    UKDave wrote:
    Anyone around? :o

yeah, i am here ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    when ever I call in here I feel like I'm wading through the lucky buggers who've seen the Ed solo shows, fighting past trying not to look till I find home :)

*waves at Dave*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    V V wrote:
    when ever I call in here I feel like I'm wading through the lucky buggers who've seen the Ed solo shows, fighting past trying not to look till I find home :)

*waves at Dave*

Just imagine what its gonna be like in June :o;)
    I need a coffee!
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    hi all,

its been awhile since i was in here.....up to my tits with uni work in scouse-ville!!

so many of u lot flying over for NY MSG gigs??!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    Irish Al wrote:
    Just imagine what its gonna be like in June :o;)

june ??? june ??? *checks calendar* there's no month called June in my calendar !!! :mad: :( :p
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    hi all,

its been awhile since i was in here.....up to my tits with uni work in scouse-ville!!

so many of u lot flying over for NY MSG gigs??!

You know you want to come!!
    V V wrote:
    june ??? june ??? *checks calendar* there's no month called June in my calendar !!! :mad: :( :p

:rolleyes: oh V you poor little pixie!!
    I need a coffee!
    In all the madness of immigration and getting settled into a different country and way of life - What a better way to adapt than to be able to go see the lads!!

HOWEVER - For those unlucky not to be able to travel or not on this continent i'll try to grab as much as I can afford in regard to posters - or whatever if any of the dublin crew that I met last time round would like anything ...........let me know or email your address or whatever to me @ peacefulreturns@yahoo.com
    siochan wrote:
    In all the madness of immigration and getting settled into a different country and way of life - What a better way to adapt than to be able to go see the lads!!

HOWEVER - For those unlucky not to be able to travel or not on this continent i'll try to grab as much as I can afford in regard to posters - or whatever if any of the dublin crew that I met last time round would like anything ...........let me know or email your address or whatever to me @ peacefulreturns@yahoo.com

awwww thats very kind of you :) xxxx
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    Irish Al wrote:
    You know you want to come!!

oh i'd love to......but broke as fuck....movin back home in mid-may for summer work.....doubt will be able to take time off for trip......got flights, tix, accom.......on top of loan debt!

my folks thought i was nuts flyin to Paris for gods sake!!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    just watched DVDs of Boston 29-Sep-2004, 2006 Bridge Benefit shows and Benaroya Hall 2003.... you know, i'm quite looking forward to June... ;)

...June 25th to be specific :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jrd wrote:
    just watched DVDs of Boston 29-Sep-2004, 2006 Bridge Benefit shows and Benaroya Hall 2003.... you know, i'm quite looking forward to June... ;)

...June 25th to be specific :D

*bleugh*

no June in my calendar either! :p

hope all you beauties are well!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Evening all, sorry I haven't been here for a while.

I trust we're all ok?

I got made redundant today :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Evening all, sorry I haven't been here for a while.

I trust we're all ok?

that sucks Sian...
    well at least they will give you a payout, and you can come and join the rest of us in NYC! and leave audiodave at home to pay the bills ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

Evening all, sorry I haven't been here for a while.

I trust we're all ok?

:( Sian I'm sorry... I hope you were with them long enough for the redundancy to actually be worthwhile?

I'm going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment but am trying to avoid whinging cos it seems to be all I'm doing the past few weeks :( . I know it's just a bad patch and it'll turn around soon but it's no fun WAITING for it to turn around. I think it's time to soon put my plans into action.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • that sucks Sian...
    well at least they will give you a payout, and you can come and join the rest of us in NYC! and leave audiodave at home to pay the bills ;)

hehe! I'd love to and I'm sure he'd really appreciate it ;)
    :( Sian I'm sorry... I hope you were with them long enough for the redundancy to actually be worthwhile?

I'm going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment but am trying to avoid whinging cos it seems to be all I'm doing the past few weeks :( . I know it's just a bad patch and it'll turn around soon but it's no fun WAITING for it to turn around. I think it's time to soon put my plans into action.

I've only been at the company 3 and half years so the pay out's gonna be poor, a kinda 2 week notice period, £20 note and a slap on the ass for my troubles if you will... I'm exaggerating but still, it's not gonna worth shit.
    Been re-writing my CV and job hunting all morning.... I just feel so lost, I don't even know where to start.

Here Hels, you know where I am if you need a chat doll, I don't mind ya whinging at me :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

I'm going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment

makes a change from the 'wet patch' for you ;)

this outsourcing to India thing is shit.... giving some guy 14 pence a day to not be able to help anyone... shite!!

*best Indian acccent*

"hello Mr Dunkmanings, pleased to be of servings to you, my name is Big Tam. How is the weathering today in Scotingland..."
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I've only been at the company 3 and half years so the pay out's gonna be poor, a kinda 2 week notice period, £20 note and a slap on the ass for my troubles if you will... I'm exaggerating but still, it's not gonna worth shit.
    Been re-writing my CV and job hunting all morning.... I just feel so lost, I don't even know where to start.

Here Hels, you know where I am if you need a chat doll, I don't mind ya whinging at me : )
    thank you :) things are a wee bit better today. Office pranks help :)

Hmm... there's such a thing as an 'online redundancy calculator' there's an Irish one anyway so I presume you bunch of backward freaks have one too ;) and it's so you can work out the absolute MINIMUM they have to pay you... I'm with my company 4 years and I'd be owed a few grand so It may well be worth your while to double check that before you agree to accept anything Sian.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dunkman wrote:
    makes a change from the 'wet patch' for you ;)

:eek: :eek:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hugs out to the hells bells and the sian lady!

High five's to everyone else... except Dunk - he gets a slap in the face!

I'm mad busy busy these days. I'm in the middle of moving house, have my 2nd driving test in 2 hours... aaaaah!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:

I'm mad busy busy these days. I'm in the middle of moving house, have my 2nd driving test in 2 hours... aaaaah!

as long as that slap in the face is via the method of jug? :);)

good luck with the driving test... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • thank you :) things are a wee bit better today. Office pranks help :)

Hmm... there's such a thing as an 'online redundancy calculator' there's an Irish one anyway so I presume you bunch of backward freaks have one too ;) and it's so you can work out the absolute MINIMUM they have to pay you... I'm with my company 4 years and I'd be owed a few grand so It may well be worth your while to double check that before you agree to accept anything Sian.

I just had a snoop on google and found one... turns out i'm entitled to less than they offered me last year! I dunno... I'm gonna take it up with CAB when I get my letter saying how much i'm owed.
    Jennytree wrote:

Thanks hun :)

Good luck with the driving test!

Jennytree wrote:

thanks Jenny :) I just sneaked into the engineers office and changed his desktop to a picture of the Hoff :) so that cheered me up loads :) although I think it ruined HIS day! Ah well!

High fives all around eh :)

Sian that's only the MINIMUM they have to offer if they wanna be pricks about it... but usually companies offer a bit more so they don't end up with disgruntled ex-employees.

good luck with the test Jenny :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Howdy all....1 week left in work :eek:

Sian...fuck the begrudgers ;)

Hells.....fuck the begrudgers ;)

Jen...best of luck

Emmi....belated happy birthday

Vedder soup.....its your round in NYC :p

Dunky....I miss ya honey!

Everyone else....I'm sharin the Al love today!!
    I need a coffee!
    morning all...
    long weekend starting this afternoon!
    Sian.... Fuck em
    Helen.... oooo.... The Hoff hey!
    Jen... Did you get it, did you pass?
    Emmi... I already said happy birthday 2 or 3 times to you, so another time wont hurt!
    Dunk... Did you get the jug slap?
    Al... ill buy you a beer... but only 1!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,