Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    and her passport :o

yup, take her money and hide the car keys aswell. :o

but seriously, many many congrats bro! *hugs* :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Gabriel Byrne, Colm Meany, Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson, Pierce Brosnan, Cillian Murphy, Johathon Rhys Meyers,

And all that without naming the most obvious bollox of all :D
    Yep, you've got the greatest bollox of all, but hey... Meany, Murphy (two films that one could name)... you're digging deep there. Neeson (Narnia) .. what has he done lately? Brosnan... when was the last 'hit' movie he did (guess nothing noticeable after James Bond). Though I do have a soft spot for Gabriel Byrne.

As I said.. not much going on with Irish actors. Only a couple really... others.. has beens! :D:D:D
  • redrock wrote:
    Yep, you've got the greatest bollox of all, but hey... Meany, Murphy (two films that one could name)... you're digging deep there. Neeson (Narnia) .. what has he done lately? Brosnan... when was the last 'hit' movie he did (guess nothing noticeable after James Bond). Though I do have a soft spot for Gabriel Byrne.

As I said.. not much going on with Irish actors. Only a couple really... others.. has beens! :D:D:D
    Huh? Murphy, the wind that shakes the barley, intermission, breakfast on pluto... at LEAST! And that's not mentioning his 'big' ones like sunshine, 28 days later, the batman ones... which I haven't seen. He's pretty great actor actually.

Meany's fantastic though... Kings was almost up for best foreign film at the oscars this year, it was Irelands nod anyway. The commitments, the snapper, Intermission again are some of his greater roles.

Brosnan? Ya never seen the matador? That was since Bond and was a great film. Neeson hasn't done much since Kinsey (didn't he get an oscar nomination couple of years ago for that?) and he generally doesn't do much anyway but when he does it's notable.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i know what you girls are up to , just wanting to name sexy men :p

ok where is everyone ??? hope you are well unlike my daughter and husband :(

i dont make a good nurse cos they get in my way when they are sick ! hahaha
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Huh? Murphy, the wind that shakes the barley, intermission, breakfast on pluto... at LEAST! And that's not mentioning his 'big' ones like sunshine, 28 days later, the batman ones... which I haven't seen. He's pretty great actor actually.

Meany's fantastic though... Kings was almost up for best foreign film at the oscars this year, it was Irelands nod anyway. The commitments, the snapper, Intermission again are some of his greater roles.

Brosnan? Ya never seen the matador? That was since Bond and was a great film. Neeson hasn't done much since Kinsey (didn't he get an oscar nomination couple of years ago for that?) and he generally doesn't do much anyway but when he does it's notable.

they are all good actors but none of them are bankable stars really are they?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:
    they are all good actors but none of them are bankable stars really are they?

bankable or bonkable??? :eek:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!

both... for me at least.. mind you for £10million i'd let Rhys-Mhyers lube me up.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • V V wrote:

awww... sorry to hear that... just try and be patient with them :o

dunk, who said anything about bankable? for fuck sake... if I name cillian murphy you'd say 'yeh but he's gay' RR was looking for famous and non has beens.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V V wrote:

awww... sorry to hear that... just try and be patient with them :o

dunk, who said anything about bankable? for fuck sake... if I name cillian murphy you'd say 'yeh but he's gay' RR was looking for famous and non has beens.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    HH wrote:

cillian murphy is barely known.. as for Colm Meaney... most people would struggle to remember his name.
  • dunkman wrote:
    cillian murphy is barely known.. as for Colm Meaney... most people would struggle to remember his name.
    true... but they'd know him as soon as they see him, kinda like Brendan Gleeson... both great actors but don't have the looks to be bankable... I see them as kinda Tom Sizemore, David Morse, Chris Cooper strong supporting actors calibre.

Cillian Murphy is well known... he's very selective with his roles though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

both... for me at least.. mind you for £10million i'd let Rhys-Mhyers lube me up.
    Aaawwww V... two sickies at home :(:( Hope they get well soon.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:

wasn't he in Star Trek: The Next Generation...? :o

and who IS this Glen Hansard of whom i've seen mention ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • jrd wrote:
    wasn't he in Star Trek: The Next Generation...? :o

and who IS this Glen Hansard of whom i've seen mention ?
    yes he was

Glen Hansard is lead singer of a band called The Frames... he, along with his costar and girlfriend, won the oscar for best song on Sunday night... for a low budget Irish 'musical' called once.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Chime wrote:
    For some reason I find it amusing that Europeans took all the acting Oscars :D

Americans read books.....

LMFAO!!!! :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Books? Americans? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hey Casey! How's it going? Nice of you to drop by. Emmi's in London in March - why aren't you?
  • redrock wrote:
    Books? Americans? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hey Casey! How's it going? Nice of you to drop by. Emmi's in London in March - why aren't you?

hmmmmmmmm

it just isn't in the cards at the moment.....but life is full of fun twists.....never know when I may call you up and say....look out your window......
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

.look out your window......
    another stalker :rolleyes: And stop pressing your face against the window... I just cleaned them and you're leaving marks! :D

But as long as life's twists are good ones... :D London can wait!
  • redrock wrote:
    another stalker :rolleyes: And stop pressing your face against the window... I just cleaned them and you're leaving marks! :D

But as long as life's twists are good ones... :D London can wait!

Very clever.....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Hello Casey :D xxx

Red everyone back today house to mesen :D

so while working I was distracted by this artist !
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/74355552@N00/sets/72157594198067725/show/with/188873224/

now to wobble n shimmy ready for Al's cake jumping tomorrow hahahaha !
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Al!! Is the big day tomorrow?

Best of luck, congrats, etc!!! :D:D
    Have a fantastic wedding.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    V.. weird... very distracting! Good to hear everyone is well in the VV household and that you have the place to yourself.

Make us proud when you pop out of the cake tomorrow!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Hey!!!

Life not any less frantic I'm afraid :(

Enjoy Uncle Neil everyone!!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Woohoo Al's big day! Congratulations Al ... Good Luck nearly Mrs Al :D

Got my standing tickets for REM at Twickenham. Anyone else planning on going?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    YAY ~*~*~*~*Congratulations Al and Mrs Al ~*~*~*~*~*~*

i do hope the weather is nice have a great day :)
    Chime wrote:
    Woohoo Al's big day! Congratulations Al ... Good Luck nearly Mrs Al :D

Got my standing tickets for REM at Twickenham. Anyone else planning on going?

Congrats Pippa! I wish I could make it, I've never seen REM live, and I LOVE them to bits. I'm keeping my hopes up, that they tour in South America.

Congrats to Al and future Mrs. Al!!! :D
    Congratulations to Al and Mrs. Al (and baby Al!).

REM... I can take them or leave them. Not too bothered. I could just sit in my garden and listen to the gig (if the wind is blowing in the right direction!). :D
    redrock wrote:
    Congratulations to Al and Mrs. Al (and baby Al!).

REM... I can take them or leave them. Not too bothered. I could just sit in my garden and listen to the gig (if the wind is blowing in the right direction!). :D

haha yes, they are right next to you!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:

saw them in Bologna in 1999 or 2000 (can't remember which :o ) and they were bloody good. though actually being in the stadium probably helped... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?