Options

Roll call ***** DENVER*****

Comments

• Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441

pgh_dan said:

We are planning on staying four nights. It's our first time in Denver and want to see the sights around the area. We're hoping to get suggestions on must see things while there.

There's a lot to see and do as long as you have a car.
    Red Rocks
    Boulder
    Craft breweries
    Colorado Springs for garden of the gods and AF academy.
    Fort Collins for more breweries.
    Rocky Mountain National Park
    And on and on
    Hey we don't drive, any suggestions on sights we can see without one or with transit
  • Options
    Mookie Was A SoonerMookie Was A Sooner Choctaw, Oklahoma Posts: 28
    Wife just approved my trip ... headed to Denver. ISO 1 GA ticket!!!!! The fanclub has always pulled thru on my travels ...... Please hook a brotha up.......
    OKC 11-23-93
    OKC 04-03-03
    Seattle 09-21-09
    Seattle 09-22-09
    Kansas City 05-03-10
    Tulsa 11-18-12 (Vedder)
    Tulsa 11-19-12 (Vedder)
    Dallas 11-15-13
    OKC 11-16-13
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182

pgh_dan said:

We are planning on staying four nights. It's our first time in Denver and want to see the sights around the area. We're hoping to get suggestions on must see things while there.

There's a lot to see and do as long as you have a car.
    Red Rocks
    Boulder
    Craft breweries
    Colorado Springs for garden of the gods and AF academy.
    Fort Collins for more breweries.
    Rocky Mountain National Park
    And on and on
    Hey we don't drive, any suggestions on sights we can see without one or with transit
    RTD is our bus/lightrail system that gets you around the Metro area. If you go to their website, you can download schedules/fares/etc. If you stay close to downtown, the 16th Street Mall is thye hub wth the Civic Center/State Capital on the south end and LoDo on the north end. The Civic Center side has more traditional things to do like touring the Mint or the State Capital while LoDo is whre most nightlife and the bar scene is. You can tour Coors Field also that time of the year as the Rockies are always well done by the end of the season. There's also parks on both end of the mall as well as a couple tucked in downtown along the way. And, the 16th Street Mall Shuttle is free, so you can hop on at any corner and get off wherever you see someting interesting. Hope this helps, but let me know if you need any other suggestions as there is plenty to do in the downtown central area.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    pgh_danpgh_dan Posts: 26
    You sold my wife on visiting the Stanley for sure. It sounds amazing. It's going to be a long wait until October. We arrive on Tuesday, October 21 if anyone's interested in meeting for a drink somewhere. It could be a pre, pre party. :D
  • Options
    njnancy said:

There are almost always tickets released in the days just prior to a concert. Tickets are reserved for the band and behind the scenes' folks, Pepsi Arena personnel, Denver bigwigs, etc. They have to say if they are using their allotted tickets by a certain date and if not, those tickets then go on sale - that's why you are sometimes able to nab a great seat at the last minute. But there's no guarantee.

Sounds good. I knew Ticketmaster always releases tickets closer to the show, but I wasn't sure about how Altitude would do it. I'll keep checking. Thanks.
  • Options
    bobloblaw303bobloblaw303 Denver Posts: 85
    I have 2 extra tickets in the 300's but they are directly in front of the stage, if anyone is interested. Face of course. I have also have 2 tickets in section 104 that I might be looking to get rid of also because I am looking to trade one of my Lincoln GA's for a Denver GA. This show is going to be great! I am definitely bringing in a couple J's for when they hopefully play Hard To Imagine and Man Of The Hour!!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    OK, just booked my round trip ticket so I guess I'm in! No ticket to the show yet, I'll probably wait for ticket drops.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306

OK, just booked my round trip ticket so I guess I'm in! No ticket to the show yet, I'll probably wait for ticket drops.

Hey maybe we will finally meet! PM will be sent.

Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    How is it getting from the airport to downtown? I booked at The Curtis and I was trying to avoid renting a car. Is the RTD fine for travel from the airport to downtown?
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    I would suggest taking a drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Its a couple hours drive, but it will be amazing that time of year.
  • Options
    CM228821CM228821 Posts: 8

RTD is our bus/lightrail system that gets you around the Metro area. If you go to their website, you can download schedules/fares/etc. If you stay close to downtown, the 16th Street Mall is thye hub wth the Civic Center/State Capital on the south end and LoDo on the north end. The Civic Center side has more traditional things to do like touring the Mint or the State Capital while LoDo is whre most nightlife and the bar scene is. You can tour Coors Field also that time of the year as the Rockies are always well done by the end of the season. There's also parks on both end of the mall as well as a couple tucked in downtown along the way. And, the 16th Street Mall Shuttle is free, so you can hop on at any corner and get off wherever you see someting interesting. Hope this helps, but let me know if you need any other suggestions as there is plenty to do in the downtown central area.

There’s also a pretty handy app for the light rail. Just search “Denver rail” in I tunes.
    Our newest line on the light rail goes to Golden. Don’t let the beer commercials fool you. Golden is pretty much just a suburb of Denver It’s a very nice area in the foothills but you won’t be seeing any blustery snow capped mountains. ;)
    Also if you live in a city that has Car2go and you have a card you can contact them and I think they can turn on your account for the Denver area. Those little buggers are all over downtown Denver www.car2go.com
  • Options
    cmm6734 said:

How is it getting from the airport to downtown? I booked at The Curtis and I was trying to avoid renting a car. Is the RTD fine for travel from the airport to downtown?

The RTD Skyride $11 will get you downtown
    http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyride.shtml
    Charles
  • Options
    I forgot to mention,the Skyride buses from DIA are pretty comfortable too.

Plenty of places to see without a car, although if you have a car, even an off-season trip to Red Rocks is cool, just to imagine Pearl Jam playing there. Nice picture of Eddie from '95 in the museum.
    Charles
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    chaslil said:

Plenty of places to see without a car, although if you have a car, even an off-season trip to Red Rocks is cool, just to imagine Pearl Jam playing there. Nice picture of Eddie from '95 in the museum.

Thanks for the information!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Ok, I will begin on Frday compiling new adds, and correlating hotels, so you all
    May network with one another. So tomorrow.. Sorry.. A stupid crazy week.. Spent most of it working Trauma Unit.. Hate seeing stupid shit roll through my ER.. But humans have a way of fucking each other up.. Which is beyond disturbing on a scale of any magnitude.. Again.. Thnx for your patience!

Sorry.. I'll do this today.. Have had a migraine all weekend.. Just now feeling better..
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Migraines make productivity an impossibility; don't hijack your recovery by staring at a computer. Appreciate the thought of associating people and hotels. Thanks.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    We are staying at Hotel Teatro. Can't wait!!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

right fucking on! can't wait to meet you!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    The shirt and sticker have leaked!!!!

photo 0a0c5539-41fe-4653-83fd-a5496708a58f.jpg
    photo 1352.jpg

:))

That would be so awesome!!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    GB45499 said:

The shirt and sticker have leaked!!!!

photo 0a0c5539-41fe-4653-83fd-a5496708a58f.jpg
    photo 1352.jpg

:))

That would be so awesome!!!

Thank goodness we are playing the Chargers the next night and not Seattle!

• Options
    Don't take them Chargers lightly...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Never. I just meant I don't have to worry about me feeling like I have to wear this PJ/Seahawks shirt at the game LOL

• Options

PJ_ROCKS said:

Never. I just meant I don't have to worry about me feeling like I have to wear this PJ/Seahawks shirt at the game LOL

;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    adamg5 said:

aylish74 said:

adamg5 said:

Flying in solo from Fresno! Anyone familiar with the area that can recommend a reasonable hotel within walking distance to the venue?
    Thank you :)

The closest within walking distance would be the Springhill Suites Denver Downtown, but it's not cheap. There's a bunch of hotels in the downtown area about 1-2 miles away, but again because they are in a downtown area they are a little pricey. If you're just looking for a basic bed and shower there's a Comfort Inn in downtown Denver that is probably the cheapest.
    Thank you I prebooked at hotel VQ about 1/2 mile from venue 3/5 stars and only $100 a night...i have until oct 20 to cancel..
    Lots of people saying that the VQ hotel is ok to smoke... but on the website its non-smoking rooms.... any info?
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99
    chaslil said:

• Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    jmug23 said:

We are staying at Hotel Teatro. Can't wait!!

that's my very favorite hotel here..... if you haven't stayed there before, I bet you'll love it.
  • Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332

Sorry.. I'll do this today.. Have had a migraine all weekend.. Just now feeling better..

ugh so sorry to hear - migraines can wear you out for days afterwards too - no pressure on roll call, stay off the computer, and we definitely owe you for your efforts
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    Me!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    chain said:

adamg5 said:

aylish74 said:

adamg5 said:

Flying in solo from Fresno! Anyone familiar with the area that can recommend a reasonable hotel within walking distance to the venue?
    Thank you :)

The closest within walking distance would be the Springhill Suites Denver Downtown, but it's not cheap. There's a bunch of hotels in the downtown area about 1-2 miles away, but again because they are in a downtown area they are a little pricey. If you're just looking for a basic bed and shower there's a Comfort Inn in downtown Denver that is probably the cheapest.
    Thank you I prebooked at hotel VQ about 1/2 mile from venue 3/5 stars and only $100 a night...i have until oct 20 to cancel..
    Lots of people saying that the VQ hotel is ok to smoke... but on the website its non-smoking rooms.... any info?
    I am also looking (at multiple hotels on multiple websites) for a hotel that isn't directly in, what i would call, midtown. The prices are within my budget (esp since I plan on staying 4 nights) if I move just a bit out of downtown. It may be a wee bit further to meet people; but hardly an inconvenience.
    As far as smoking rooms, I did a search with the filter of smoking rooms and also balcony rooms (i also did one for indoor pools :D ). In NJ, it's near impossible to find one, and I wasn't sure of the Colorado policies. I found 10 hotels with balconies, some a bit further away. I read a guest comment about a downtown hotel (can't remember which) that said they called and requested a smoking room and were accommodated and treated extremely well. So I'd either get a balcony or call the hotel directly, that's my best advice. :)>-
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    we talking cigs or fine herbs?