Options

Roll call ***** DENVER*****

Comments

• Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I'm in! I can't wait to come back to Denver!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    Hey Denver peeps, looking forward to 10/22!

I was wondering if anyone familiar with the Pepsi Center could help me out. On the public sale date, I pulled a single in section 212. I did some online research today and a few websites (for example: http://www.rateyourseats.com/showratings/sections.php?venue_id=pepsi-center-nba&section_id=212) make it sound like this section is a "club", or suite seating with in-seat service, etc.

Is that accurate? Just curious as I am surprised to have pulled that sort of seat for the same price as all the others.

Thanks!
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    j_web18 said:

I was wondering if anyone familiar with the Pepsi Center could help me out. On the public sale date, I pulled a single in section 212. I did some online research today and a few websites (for example: http://www.rateyourseats.com/showratings/sections.php?venue_id=pepsi-center-nba&section_id=212) make it sound like this section is a "club", or suite seating with in-seat service, etc.

Is that accurate? Just curious as I am surprised to have pulled that sort of seat for the same price as all the others.

Thanks!

The 200 level is all Club Level, but they don't typically have in-seat service for concerts. It applies more to sporting events. They do have a nice bar on each side and the digs are a little nicer than the rest of the arena. Also shorther bathroom lines ;o)
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    I know this is unlikely but looking for a friend of mine him his wife and son looking for 3 together in the lower level
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    I’ll be staying at a friend’s house in Aurora. I was wondering if there is public transportation back to Aurora late at night after the show… could anyone let me know please? I couldn’t resist and got a pair of tickets through stub hub today; we’ll be coming from abroad. Thanks!!!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 779
    edited June 2014
    Anyone think Altitude will release more tickets? I live in Denver and had no luck through lottery or the public onsale
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    CServant said:

j_web18 said:

Thanks!

The 200 level is all Club Level, but they don't typically have in-seat service for concerts. It applies more to sporting events. They do have a nice bar on each side and the digs are a little nicer than the rest of the arena. Also shorther bathroom lines ;o)
    Cool, thanks! I'd probably rather be in the 100 level but shorter bathroom breaks are nothing to scoff at either.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    edited June 2014
    calvo17 said:

I’ll be staying at a friend’s house in Aurora. I was wondering if there is public transportation back to Aurora late at night after the show… could anyone let me know please? I couldn’t resist and got a pair of tickets through stub hub today; we’ll be coming from abroad. Thanks!!!

There are plenty of options for public transportation from Aurora to the Pepsi Center and back. Check out
    www.rtd-denver.com

You can also use google maps to figure it out.

Good luck and enjoy Denver
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Thanks a lot, will do! I was in Denver once three years ago and loved the place. So happy to go back!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    WOW garden of the gods, in colorado springs, looks sooo amazing and it's free. OMG
    does anyone know what else is equally as worthy to check out in that area?
    thanks
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

Anyone think Altitude will release more tickets? I live in Denver and had no luck through lottery or the public onsale

There are tickets available on stub hub right now. Have also seen multiple tickets on craigslist. There are definitely numerous tickets floating around. Unfortunately you will probably have to over pay, but at least you will be in the building. Good luck.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    jmug23 said:

There are tickets available on stub hub right now. Have also seen multiple tickets on craigslist. There are definitely numerous tickets floating around. Unfortunately you will probably have to over pay, but at least you will be in the building. Good luck.
    There are tickets still available on Altitude, they are behind the stage but at least you won't have to overpay and you’ll be in the building.

There is always a possibility that they will release tickets as the date gets closer as I have seen many times before, but you have to be ready and searching for the ticket drop cause they will go quickly.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited June 2014
    There are almost always tickets released in the days just prior to a concert. Tickets are reserved for the band and behind the scenes' folks, Pepsi Arena personnel, Denver bigwigs, etc. They have to say if they are using their allotted tickets by a certain date and if not, those tickets then go on sale - that's why you are sometimes able to nab a great seat at the last minute. But there's no guarantee.
  • Options
    On a different note, I have been looking at hotels and Denver attractions for the last hour or so. I am probably going to stay longer than one night, as I've never been to Colorado. The only hotel I've seen people mention is The Curtis but I've been looking at others. Is anyone staying at another hotel in the Denver area (there's only about 30 - lol). Just curious.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    My wife and are staying at The Magnolia, looks like a nice boutique hotel.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

WOW garden of the gods, in colorado springs, looks sooo amazing and it's free. OMG
    does anyone know what else is equally as worthy to check out in that area?
    thanks

Oh I know! I walk my dogs there all the time. There's an another stunning hiking spot called Red Rocks Open Space off if the 24 hwy. It's directly between Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs. It goes all the way back up and around into the Cheyenne Mountian area. Also check out Pike's Peak it's a super crazy drive!! Like I normally don't have any qualms about driving.. Anything anywhere... But I won't drive my car up there, because I am not very comfortable with the trip back down.. But it is an insane view...
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Rocktober 2014--

in for denver-- 4 nights at the curtis... smoke em if ya got em!!
  • Options
    pgh_danpgh_dan Posts: 26
    njnancy said:

On a different note, I have been looking at hotels and Denver attractions for the last hour or so. I am probably going to stay longer than one night, as I've never been to Colorado. The only hotel I've seen people mention is The Curtis but I've been looking at others. Is anyone staying at another hotel in the Denver area (there's only about 30 - lol). Just curious.

• Options
    Wife and I are staying at Hilton Garden Inn. It seems pretty close to the arena and Curtis.
  • Options
    sordeletsordelet Pullman, WA Posts: 12
    njnancy said:

My wife and I are staying at the Springhill Suites. It is essentially across the street from the Pepsi Center and less that 0.5 miles from Larimer Square (restaurants, shopping, etc). We arrive Tuesday 10/21 and leave Thursday 10/23. Not sure how the $269/night price compares to other (i.e. The Curtis or Hilton) but that's what we selected based on proximity to the arena and nightlife.

Hope to see you and many other the night before or afternoon of the show!

Jake
    East Troy (Alpine Valley), WI - 2000
    Chicago (Wrigley Field), IL - 2013
    Spokane, WA - 2013
    Denver, CO - 2014
    Seattle, WA Night 1 - 2018
    Missoula, MT - 2018
    Chicago, IL Night 1 - 2023
    Chicago, IL Night 2 - 2023
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    wall232 said:

The wife and I are also...I thought free happy hour was a bonus...LOL
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    Ok, I will begin on Frday compiling new adds, and correlating hotels, so you all
    May network with one another. So tomorrow.. Sorry.. A stupid crazy week.. Spent most of it working Trauma Unit.. Hate seeing stupid shit roll through my ER.. But humans have a way of fucking each other up.. Which is beyond disturbing on a scale of any magnitude.. Again.. Thnx for your patience!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sordelet said:

njnancy said:

My wife and I are staying at the Springhill Suites. It is essentially across the street from the Pepsi Center and less that 0.5 miles from Larimer Square (restaurants, shopping, etc). We arrive Tuesday 10/21 and leave Thursday 10/23. Not sure how the $269/night price compares to other (i.e. The Curtis or Hilton) but that's what we selected based on proximity to the arena and nightlife.

Jake
    We booked at Garden Inn at a similar price.
  • Options
    wall232 said:

pgh_dan said:

Wife and I are staying at Hilton Garden Inn. It seems pretty close to the arena and Curtis.

sordelet said:

Jake

law21 said:

Rocktober 2014--

in for denver-- 4 nights at the curtis... smoke em if ya got em!!

Thank you so much for your responses in such a short amount of time! I appreciate it. I'll be staying for several days - and I do hope to meet people from here. First I have to book a hotel, find someone to go with or sell my other ticket and then book a flight/rent a car. I can't justify the cost of all that if i just fly in, see the show and fly out. Might as well see some of the country that 'we fly over'. Some hotels are selling out, luckily, I couldn't afford them anyway. Funny that all the open space makes me a bit nervous; but I have no problems making my way around Manhattan.

Oh, and Rocktober, if you're not at The Curtis I have a good idea where to find you. @-)

See youse guys (and your wives) in October,
    :)>-

• Options
    We are planning on staying four nights. It's our first time in Denver and want to see the sights around the area. We're hoping to get suggestions on must see things while there.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    2 Shows in Amsterdam, 1 Show in Trieste, 1 in Tulsa and topping it off with Denver... gonna be a fun few months !!!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    pgh_dan said:

We are planning on staying four nights. It's our first time in Denver and want to see the sights around the area. We're hoping to get suggestions on must see things while there.

There's a lot to see and do as long as you have a car.
    Red Rocks
    Boulder
    Craft breweries
    Colorado Springs for garden of the gods and AF academy.
    Fort Collins for more breweries.
    Rocky Mountain National Park
    And on and on
  • Options
    Definitely looking at garden of the gods and Rocky mountain national Park. Is the Stanley Hotel worth visiting? We're obviously fans of the movie " The Shining."
  • Options
    pgh_dan said:

Definitely looking at garden of the gods and Rocky mountain national Park. Is the Stanley Hotel worth visiting? We're obviously fans of the movie " The Shining."

Yes! I
    Go horseback riding up there every year, and we stay at the Stanley. Creepy.. But so worth going to see! Take gge ghost tour! It's cool, you get to hear the history if the hotel..and you get to see the property as a whole!
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    I have a friend who swears the Stanley is haunted. She says she never slept a wink there. So when we go up, we admire it from afar. ;)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes