Comments

• Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    njnancy said:

chain said:

adamg5 said:

aylish74 said:

adamg5 said:

Flying in solo from Fresno! Anyone familiar with the area that can recommend a reasonable hotel within walking distance to the venue?
    Thank you :)

The closest within walking distance would be the Springhill Suites Denver Downtown, but it's not cheap. There's a bunch of hotels in the downtown area about 1-2 miles away, but again because they are in a downtown area they are a little pricey. If you're just looking for a basic bed and shower there's a Comfort Inn in downtown Denver that is probably the cheapest.
    Thank you I prebooked at hotel VQ about 1/2 mile from venue 3/5 stars and only $100 a night...i have until oct 20 to cancel..
    Lots of people saying that the VQ hotel is ok to smoke... but on the website its non-smoking rooms.... any info?
    I am also looking (at multiple hotels on multiple websites) for a hotel that isn't directly in, what i would call, midtown. The prices are within my budget (esp since I plan on staying 4 nights) if I move just a bit out of downtown. It may be a wee bit further to meet people; but hardly an inconvenience.
    As far as smoking rooms, I did a search with the filter of smoking rooms and also balcony rooms (i also did one for indoor pools :D ). In NJ, it's near impossible to find one, and I wasn't sure of the Colorado policies. I found 10 hotels with balconies, some a bit further away. I read a guest comment about a downtown hotel (can't remember which) that said they called and requested a smoking room and were accommodated and treated extremely well. So I'd either get a balcony or call the hotel directly, that's my best advice. :)>-
    Thanks... i'll try finding those Hotels with balcony... seems trivago or hotels.com don't have the "balcony" options...

Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Are we going to organize a pre-pre party? Seems like this is the show most people are traveling in for i would think we could take over a bar pretty easily on Wednesday night? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Ando said:

Are we going to organize a pre-pre party? Seems like this is the show most people are traveling in for i would think we could take over a bar pretty easily on Wednesday night? Any thoughts?

I'm game. And I don't drink (well I drink or I'd die, just not alcohol anymore), so I can be the designated 'remember your room key and hotel name' person. :))

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Man, can't we have a "pre-party" the day of:) I won't land until Wednesday morning. Looking forward to getting some drinks with fellow jammers:)
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Ando said:

find imalive,he will be the pre party before the pre party which is before the pre party...

:-h

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Ando said:

find imalive,he will be the pre party before the pre party which is before the pre party...

:-h
    So a pre pre pre pre-party?
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Lets find a bar for the 21st downtown... the 22nd we'll all be in line for the rail!!!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    bobloblaw303bobloblaw303 Denver Posts: 85
    edited June 2014
    Brooklyn's would be a cool place for a pre-party! It's literally two minutes from the Pepsi Center
  • Options
    We're looking at Brooklyn's for the pre-party. Might as well do the 21st too?
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    and the 20th??
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    im soooooo excited about this show that i'm flying in 4 days before the show just to be completely "ready"
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Maybe do Brooklyns one day and one of the larger Breweries downtown the other day? Like Breck or Wyncoop or even the Viewhouse (its massive and pretty cool). . Just a thought if we speak to a place and can confirm like 50 people i would imagine they would hook us up with a special or something. The problem is knowing if people will really show or not
  • Options
    I have a question; i have absolutely no problems going to bars, etc. but do any locals know if they serve non-alcoholic wine? Or if they're BYOB. If not, I'll still have fun - but it's nice to have a 'special' drink at such occasions. Non-alcoholic beer i don't really drink; I liked good beer way too much back in the day. But maybe the breweries may have something interesting. Just a thought - I can always google or call; but if someone just happens to know off-hand. Thanks. My plans are for either 18th to 23rd or 19th to 24th.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    njnancy said:

I have a question; i have absolutely no problems going to bars, etc. but do any locals know if they serve non-alcoholic wine? Or if they're BYOB. If not, I'll still have fun - but it's nice to have a 'special' drink at such occasions. Non-alcoholic beer i don't really drink; I liked good beer way too much back in the day. But maybe the breweries may have something interesting. Just a thought - I can always google or call; but if someone just happens to know off-hand. Thanks. My plans are for either 18th to 23rd or 19th to 24th.

All of the bars will have non alcoholic drinks.
    As for non alcoholic wine ...isnt that just grape juice?

Also, as far as I know none of the local breweries produce a non alcoholic beer.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

njnancy said:

All of the bars will have non alcoholic drinks.
    As for non alcoholic wine ...isnt that just grape juice?

Also, as far as I know none of the local breweries produce a non alcoholic beer.
    non-alcoholic wine is wine that has been fully produced and then they remove the alcohol, leaving .00001% which is les than is in vanilla extract (much less) and i eat cookies. :D Ariel makes the best non-alcoholic wines, they've won awards pitted against regular wines. There is sparkling cider but it's way too sweet. Just think of de-caf - it's regular coffee and then they extract as much of the caffeine that they can (though i drink regular coffee).

Thanks, I'll take a look around google when i can; otherwise, i've been doing this for almost two decades, so i'll be fine.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    Ando said:

Maybe do Brooklyns one day and one of the larger Breweries downtown the other day? Like Breck or Wyncoop or even the Viewhouse (its massive and pretty cool). . Just a thought if we speak to a place and can confirm like 50 people i would imagine they would hook us up with a special or something. The problem is knowing if people will really show or not

Confirmation is key in this. But I live the idea if a get together at Wyncoop.. We have to show it off!! That place is bad ass insane!
  • Options
    pgh_danpgh_dan Posts: 26
    After looking at their website, I'd be so up for a meet up at Wyncoop.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I haven't been to Brooklyns but when I was at the Pepsi Center last year I saw how close it is to the venue. You'd probably walk farther to find your car in the parking lot.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

I haven't been to Brooklyns but when I was at the Pepsi Center last year I saw how close it is to the venue. You'd probably walk farther to find your car in the parking lot.

It is half a block from the venue. I just found out I am
    Leading our Wishlist Prwparty. So I need to set up a day next week to go talk to the bar peeps. Spend a day researching bars in the area.. This is going to be interesting..
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524

Leading our Wishlist Prwparty. So I need to set up a day next week to go talk to the bar peeps. Spend a day researching bars in the area.. This is going to be interesting..
    count me in! ..........duh. >:)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive said:

count me in! ..........duh. >:)
    You are the expert on researching beers. >:)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    19 years ago today

Night 1 at red rocks

Who was there?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:

19 years ago today

Night 1 at red rocks

Who was there?

I was at Red Rocks last night!
    Does that count?

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Anyone have a GA ticket to help me seal the deal on a flight to Denver? Mucho thanks, and herb and beer on me :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

ed243421 said:

19 years ago today

Night 1 at red rocks

Who was there?

Does that count?

Close enough

How was the hike?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:

ed243421 said:

19 years ago today

Night 1 at red rocks

Who was there?

Does that count?

Close enough

How was the hike?
    I train at high altitude so the hike was a piece o' cake
  • Options
    ed243421 said:

19 years ago today

Night 1 at red rocks

Who was there?

Nice!! I was at night two. Was blown away by the sit-down affair at the start!

True story- I had asked a friend to get tix for night one since I was on a school field trip. I thought she'd get two. She got one, so I gave my ONLY ticket to this guy I worked with because I thought I had two and said I'd bring him with.
    Crazy, right? What goes around comes around...
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    countonbothhandscountonbothhands OR Posts: 252
    NEED 1 DENVER TICKET! Don't care where, anyone with any spares or knows somebody looking to sell a spare ticket, please contact me! Thank you all for looking!
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,808
    4 months to go...seems like it is so far away. Still can't wait and totally stoked to be in GA.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Annnnd.. Now I'm NOT going. BUT IT's in my best interest to walk away from here. ( all of it). Good bye. Thank you all for being the great people you are. You all have been such a blessing in so many ways. But now I have to do what's right for me.