Options

TIME TO MOW THE LAWN

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    chadwick said:

"gotta go paint the silly ass ground, hunny. talk to you after a bit. hey, by the way, maybe you can whip us up a couple sandwiches & ice teas real quick? love ya, toots" - jugs

for those ppl that actually do have a painted up yards... damn. again im confused as shit.
    i wonder if that stuff is extra flammable? :D

you cannot whipup sandwiches... illegal!!! i should know.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited March 2015
    Since it is STILL snowing in Ohio, I'm thinking that mowing the lawn isn't going to happen for at least another month and a half. The lawn doesn't grow really well in 14 F.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I get to mow the lawn for the the first time in probably 10 years, granted it is about 15 feet by 15 feet. Have one of these guys haha

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I get to mow the lawn for the the first time in probably 10 years, granted it is about 15 feet by 15 feet. Have one of these guys haha

I have one of those...super fast. Zipzipzip...all done!

F-en neighbors don't weed their yard though, I have to keep up on snapping off those damn puffballs when they aren't home.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    RKCNDY said:

I have one of those...super fast. Zipzipzip...all done!

F-en neighbors don't weed their yard though, I have to keep up on snapping off those damn puffballs when they aren't home.
    what else ya got to do?

Bob Mould.....OMFG!

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    we are going to let the front yard grass die.... and desert landscape. It is a pretty big corner lot... just don't feel right watering it all with CA drying up and all......

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    in the 40s still here. Spent last week in 90+ CA....dont want to think about mowing yet!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    dunkman said:

chadwick said:

"gotta go paint the silly ass ground, hunny. talk to you after a bit. hey, by the way, maybe you can whip us up a couple sandwiches & ice teas real quick? love ya, toots" - jugs

for those ppl that actually do have a painted up yards... damn. again im confused as shit.
    i wonder if that stuff is extra flammable? :D

you cannot whipup sandwiches... illegal!!! i should know.
    do folks paint yards in scotland? speaking of illegal sandwiches,
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

in the 40s still here. Spent last week in 90+ CA....dont want to think about mowing yet!

gonna be 80 here tomorrow, but the grass is still kinda dormant.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287

giving in to having a landscaping crew come in to clean up the yard this year. not doing the mulch though--which saves me a ton.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

giving in to having a landscaping crew come in to clean up the yard this year. not doing the mulch though--which saves me a ton.
    Yeah I remember we discussed last year. I got my quote this year and it only went up a bit...but then I added on fixing the 3 big spots where I had trees removed last fall and the stumps drilled out - and then leveling out an area. Ended up adding about $400 onto it. :( Oh well, cant swear the small stuff. Contemplating taking out all of the patio sets now....my nephew was begging earlier for us to get the pool opened soon. All good signs that the cold weather is (should be) gone.
  • Options

Yeah I remember we discussed last year. I got my quote this year and it only went up a bit...but then I added on fixing the 3 big spots where I had trees removed last fall and the stumps drilled out - and then leveling out an area. Ended up adding about $400 onto it. :( Oh well, cant swear the small stuff. Contemplating taking out all of the patio sets now....my nephew was begging earlier for us to get the pool opened soon. All good signs that the cold weather is (should be) gone.
    eh fuck it---went with the mulch for the front yard. getting it done tomorrow.

figure I might be able to mow the lawn in a couple weeks. it's already a nice shade of green. love spring time!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

eh fuck it---went with the mulch for the front yard. getting it done tomorrow.

only an "elitist fuck" pays someone to do their mulch :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    we spent the entire afternoon outside in our back yard today. Beautiful day. Disgusting yard. we had 3 trees removed last fall and we had a 600 sq foot addition added to our house which entailed completely tearing up the yard and un-earthing about 5000 6 inch square rocks of which about 2500 are still laying around my back yard. Nothing has been done with the yard yet bc the addition was finished around Thanksgiving. It consists of tree stump mess, mud, rocks, and last years leaves. I just shut the curtains and tried not to look at it. So now we have a serious mess. Today we blew the leaves that were left over, started picking up rocks and sticks, raked... we also have a huge pile of slate that used to be a walkway that was just pitched haphazardly into a pile which I sorted by myself and stacked neatly from biggest to smallest. Then hubby get excited with the chainsaw and decides to cut down another tree. UGH!! a ton more branches to drag to the curb and a humungous tree trunk to cut into pieces and eventually burn in the fire pit. I picked up and hauled too many pieces of tree trunk to the wood stack today..... I think I have him convinced that the rest must be left to the professionals. It so hard to shell out money for work outside of the house. Id much rather fix up the basement
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    ^^^^ :clap:

juggler would have paid someone and sipped wine as the workers toiled away.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    imalive said:

at this point I think juggler is a very wise man given the difficulty I just had in standing up from the couch
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited April 2015

imalive said:

at this point I think juggler is a very wise man given the difficulty I just had in standing up from the couch
    the juggler always used to do it himself. he was the only person on his block last year mulching and weeding while the rest of them hired crews to do it....this year, he said fuck it. i'm gonna sit back and let these "legal" us citizens take care of everything this morning.

i might have a mimosa or two. haha
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    cut the grass yesterday...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS said:

How'd that work out for you? What kind of beer did you have when you finished?

So the landscapers came through this morning. Yard looks great. This afternoon I planted some grass in a couple bald spots in the backyard.

Right now? Right now I am about 3 beers deep into the Masters.

God bless America and Spring time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

PJ_ROCKS said:

So the landscapers came through this morning. Yard looks great. This afternoon I planted some grass in a couple bald spots in the backyard.

you didn't pay someone to plant the bald spots?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

No sir
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    imalive said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

The Juggler likes to keep his hand in, so to speak.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We haven't mowed yet this year. Today was the first real spring day. I suppose summer weather is right around the corner :grin: Hubs said he wants to make an oasis of wildflowers out of the backyard, which I love! There will be little patches here and there, and there, to attract birds and butterflies and bees. It's gonna look gorgeous and we can add all kinds of fun stuff like shitty looking statues :lol: Later he told me that he loves the idea of not mowing a big lawn. I can live with that, totally. I cannot wait for the beautiful backyard wilderness. Front lawn will still need mowing, but that can be done with the thing that we have, the pusher thingy.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm not so happy that the neighbors dog jumps in our yard to take a dump...bad enough I gotta pick up after 2 dogs, I don't need to pick up after 3.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I'm not so happy that the neighbors dog jumps in our yard to take a dump...bad enough I gotta pick up after 2 dogs, I don't need to pick up after 3.

go dump in their yard!

I have a story...........but, no.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    mowed mine on saturday. i am not ready to have to cut it every week yet....seems like it was just winter....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

We haven't mowed yet this year. Today was the first real spring day. I suppose summer weather is right around the corner :grin: Hubs said he wants to make an oasis of wildflowers out of the backyard, which I love! There will be little patches here and there, and there, to attract birds and butterflies and bees. It's gonna look gorgeous and we can add all kinds of fun stuff like shitty looking statues :lol: Later he told me that he loves the idea of not mowing a big lawn. I can live with that, totally. I cannot wait for the beautiful backyard wilderness. Front lawn will still need mowing, but that can be done with the thing that we have, the pusher thingy.

post some pictures of the wildflower oasis!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

imalive said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

No sir
    I actually did. ; . Didn't feel badly about it....not even a little. Flying all over the country last month and this month every week and my weekends have been packed.
    Will get to mow soon. The good news is our 10 year old nephew was begging to mow the other day. Getting close to having free labor!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

I will, but it might be a while. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out a nice way to fight the mosquitoes without killing the birds. I have set up a couple of feeders and love watching the birds coming in. When I set them up, I didn't think about the mosquitoes (the winter was so long and I am not fully accomodated to the weather and seasons in the US yet). We don't have standing water and I think the birds will take care of some of them too. But then we have to find something. Last year, we tried garlic concentrate. But this is more like a barrier and there were too many. Any suggestions?
  • Options

I will, but it might be a while. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out a nice way to fight the mosquitoes without killing the birds. I have set up a couple of feeders and love watching the birds coming in. When I set them up, I didn't think about the mosquitoes (the winter was so long and I am not fully accomodated to the weather and seasons in the US yet). We don't have standing water and I think the birds will take care of some of them too. But then we have to find something. Last year, we tried garlic concentrate. But this is more like a barrier and there were too many. Any suggestions?
    I have looked at those devices you put in your yard and turn on and it keeps 1/2 an acre or some size area mosquito free. Skeptical on how they work (and I have no idea if they drive the birds/rabbits/groundhogs or any other animals in the yard away too) and they are pricey.

I have a bunch of those candles and we light them but I dont know that it does any good. Hate the bug spray on the skin but use it all summer.