Options

TIME TO MOW THE LAWN

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    Jason P said:

I'm looking at getting a zero turn Toro entry level mower. Is there any difference in mowing capability between a 16 HP and a 19 HP that are on the exact same frame and offer the exact same features (besides paying an extra $500)? Even the blade rotation rates are the same.

I would think no difference. the extra 3 HP would be for guys who need to "compensate"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I had a Self Propelled John Deere Mulcher...Powerful thing that was.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

I like the push mower...especially since I don't have to rake up the clippings

push it.
    push it real good.
    push mower came with a roller on it...I have the cool lines in my yard.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,238
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

push it.
    push it real good.
    what kinds of designs have you made?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    imagephoto 10377381_10203209849198300_8758243607908848539_n.jpg" />
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075

I just have the boy do it. Damn grass gets too much sun anyways
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

push it.
    push it real good.
    what kinds of designs have you made?
    I tried the checkerboard...but the grass is patchier than a tweenage boy trying to grow a beard. I'll try the front yard this weekend.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    My hubs had our daughter mow the lawn today, I helped her by pulling weeds, didn't want her to feel abandoned out there...when I was done and turned to come inside, wouldn't you know my fuckin' ankle gives out and I fall to the ground in a heap...Luckily I didn't land on my new surgically repaired hip, I'm sore all up and down that side though....ugh!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    My wife is 6 weeks away from giving birth, and she's still mowing like a champ!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Palm Beach Florida I must now mow every 5 days 3.5 acres. Everything is green now........

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Palm Beach Florida I must now mow every 5 days 3.5 acres. Everything is green now........

Peace

That sounds horrible.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    My across the street neighbor I call Forrest Gump, guy makes everyone look bad. Perfect golf course green grass.

Out there every Saturday in his checkered shirt and khakis marching up and down his lawn. Good thing is he has motivated/lawn shamed the rest of us to do the same.
  • Options

My across the street neighbor I call Forrest Gump, guy makes everyone look bad. Perfect golf course green grass.

Out there every Saturday in his checkered shirt and khakis marching up and down his lawn. Good thing is he has motivated/lawn shamed the rest of us to do the same.

My neighbor mows about every 3 days. Drives us insane.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I am on the every 10 dimageays kick right now. Fucking grass is burning otherwise. I think I am going to invest in a lawn mowing costume.
    What do you think of this?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I am on the every 10 dimageays kick right now. Fucking grass is burning otherwise. I think I am going to invest in a lawn mowing costume.

10 dimageays kick? huh?

yeah grass has been burning a little here as well. gotta water couple times a week when it doesn't rain...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I dislike lawn and grass. A breeding ground for mosquitos, pecker Maya
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    yellowwho said:

I dislike lawn and grass. A breeding ground for mosquitos, pecker Maya

Disregard.....

My big fingers got in the way on my "Smart Phone" and somehow I hit the"post" button.

What I meant to say was a breeding ground for mosquitos, pecker nats and all things itchy !.....

But......

I was just kidding and had nothing to contribute to this wonderful grass and lawn thread of which I'm a tad bit jealous because my grass sucks..... so forget this ever happened and carry on :)

• Options
    got some decent striping done yesterday.....grass is burning out a bit though

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765

Wow. That looks amazing. All it needs is a slip and slide.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448

Wow. That looks amazing. All it needs is a slip and slide.

pretty sure the juggler is not putting a slip 'n slide on his masterpiece.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

10 dimageays kick? huh?

yeah grass has been burning a little here as well. gotta water couple times a week when it doesn't rain...
    Haha, somehow I inserted 'image' in the middle of the word days. I didnt mow this weekend and while it is a bit long it is not burnt and looks better than short/burnt imo.
    It also was too hot to wear the mowing costume.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Juggler, match this!

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Juggler, match this!

haha....check out the new big screen!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm letting the grass die...some of the weeds are turning black, but some are still little evil yellow blobs in the grass *grrr!* at least they will be easier to pull since the ground is so dry.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So glad I live in a condo - I just watch the landscapers every Tuesday.... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

What a life, with style of course...cant wait till I have my own garden..
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,216
    Holy rain Batman. I mowed just a few days ago and it needs it again already!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

Holy rain Batman. I mowed just a few days ago and it needs it again already!

we finally got rain the last couple days....needed it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this week's edition:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You have sprinklers?
    I know we dont live too far apart and my lawn is pretty brown in a few spots. Most of my neighbors water their lawns but I do not.
    Actually I moved this weekend and it had been 3 weeks...and could barely tell in many spots. Needed the rain we got the past few days.