Options

Cliven Bundy

Comments

• Options

I hope the parallels between this group and foreign terrorists are noted. Armed ideologues willing to die for their cause, organized recruitment and networking, feeling that God is on their side, and martyrdom if it all goes down.

Still not quite the same in my books.

Yes... the similarities are there... but these morons stopped short of the extreme levels of violence the groups I think you're comparing them to eagerly exhibit.

These dudes are minor leaguers in comparison.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    Minor leagues as far as numbers of people effected, but my point is more about the similarities between what they're doing, and what the typical 'terrorist' group is doing. I don't want people to minimize the differences, but rather see the similarities. Domestic terrorism can be easily minimized until it gets big, e.g. Timothy Mcvey.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300

I hope the parallels between this group and foreign terrorists are noted. Armed ideologues willing to die for their cause, organized recruitment and networking, feeling that God is on their side, and martyrdom if it all goes down.

Yep the similarities are there these fools will die for their guns & their God ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Minor leagues? More like a pick-up softball game if there is a comparison to what ISIS is doing. Squatting in a wildlife center vs. suicide shooting up a concert hall and chopping peoples heads off ...

Not that I'm supporting these idiots ...
  • Options
    Turns out the guy shot was Tarp Man. And they say he tried to blow past a roadblock and reached for his gun.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,166
    Jason P said:

Turns out the guy shot was Tarp Man. And they say he tried to blow past a roadblock and reached for his gun.

suicide by cop.

such a martyr.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    Feds sayy he reached to an inside left pocket twice. FBIs youtube channel has the 25 minute unedited video of the entire thing from a plane overhead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/28/fbi-releases-video-explains-how-police-fatally-shot-oregon-refuge-occupier/?tid=sm_fb
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Who isn't this police shooting in the cop abuse thread?
  • Options
    I saw the video. Tarp Man does reach twice for his gun which he did have on him. He came within inches of almost running over a cop at the roadblock (I think the cop thought he was going to ram the car he was standing behind so the cop jumped into the ditch at the last second which is where Tarp Man swerved into ... He was driving fast and the brake lights come on as soon as he came around the bend as saw the road block.

(Note to cops: don't set up roadblock in high speed chases around the bend of a curvy road, especially in the winter.)

Cops gave him time to surrender before lighting him up. I'm not sure what the others in the truck were doing but the cops fired rounds into it for several minutes before the video cuts off.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I think the armed and aggressive nature of the occupation has put law enforcement at risk for far too long. I saw a theory that he wasn't reaching for a gun, he was grabbing at a bullet wound... I don't know about that, I suppose it's possible, it was an inevitable, predictable outcome either way.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rgambs said:

I think the armed and aggressive nature of the occupation has put law enforcement at risk for far too long. I saw a theory that he wasn't reaching for a gun, he was grabbing at a bullet wound... I don't know about that, I suppose it's possible, it was an inevitable, predictable outcome either way.
    This appeared as though this guy knew exactly what he was doing and willfully sacrificed his life for the cause.

I don't get it. We're all gonna die and yes the powerful will extort money from you but life's not bad in these United States. Hell he was driving really nice extended cab with camper with heat and AC.

People in 3rd world countries must be screaming at the news at stupidity of some humans.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

rgambs said:

This appeared as though this guy knew exactly what he was doing and willfully sacrificed his life for the cause.

I don't get it. We're all gonna die and yes the powerful will extort money from you but life's not bad in these United States. Hell he was driving really nice extended cab with camper with heat and AC.

People in 3rd world countries must be screaming at the news at stupidity of some humans.
    Driven by ideoloigy. The hyukster likely thought he was doing something honourable.

But you are correct: stupid people do stupid things.
  • Options
    i hear there are 4 people left on the property. their utilities and internet have been shut off. just a matter of time now.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited February 2016

i hear there are 4 people left on the property. their utilities and internet have been shut off. just a matter of time now.

Not a peep on the news currently. We'll see. Maybe they'll get cabin fever and come out guns blazing.

Wonder if Feds have all communications tapped.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Not a peep on the news currently. We'll see. Maybe they'll get cabin fever and come out guns blazing.

Those conversations would be awesome to hear:

"Hey Cletus. Listen up. I got one!"

Loud fart followed by laughter.

"Good one Cooter! Watch me. I'm gonna light mine on fire!"
  • Options

callen said:

OMG i totally read that to myself in sterotypical redneck accent, lol...

• Options

callen said:

OMG i totally read that to myself in sterotypical redneck accent, lol...
    Hahahaha!

I was hearing the accent as I was typing the script too. I'll one up you: I even pictured Cletus and Cooter as well.
  • Options

cletus and cooter

• Options

cletus and cooter

Callen and Hugh LOL!
  • Options
    Don't poke the bear.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    No cell service
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

The last four had their cell service cut off. They just have a cell to talk with negotiators now. My guess is that water would be by a well that couldn't be cut. I'm curious about electricity not being cut.
    portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/292071-169351-harney-county-holdouts-hit-with-same-federal-charge-as-militant-ringleaders
  • Options

No cell service

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

The last four had their cell service cut off. They just have a cell to talk with negotiators now. My guess is that water would be by a well that couldn't be cut. I'm curious about electricity not being cut.
    portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/292071-169351-harney-county-holdouts-hit-with-same-federal-charge-as-militant-ringleaders
    You got pretty serious here with the 5 quote response.
  • Options

No cell service

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Quote feature no longer drops you down to the comment box. Pain in the ass.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

No cell service

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Quote feature no longer drops you down to the comment box. Pain in the ass.
    I know. Just goofing around.
  • Options

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Cant find a link yet but have read ole Cliven was arrested getting off a plane in Portland.

Link.......https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/10/fbi-closes-in-on-last-oregon-refuge-occupiers/?tid=sm_fb
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options

• Options
    Famous last words.....one more cookie and a cigarette.....

• Options
    i listened to this call that was broadcast on youtube. this fiore woman should be arrested too for aiding them.

some of the stuff these 4 people actually believe is pretty appalling. they believe every single wild right wing conspiracy theory. it is pretty scary.