Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Yes, yes, let's all be civil (votes to take away women's rights). 

But yes go on with more of your mindless drivel of bloviated opinions. Today sure has a temperature outside for all this weather, bears shit in the woods, so on and so forth, etc etc.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,291
    I would disown the Phillies if they let that fool partake in a championship parade.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    How is Thomson not even a finalist for manager of the year? :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Awards don’t count post season right?
  • Options
    His work in the regular season was pretty darn worth of at least being a finalist, I would've thought.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    His work in the regular season was pretty darn worth of at least being a finalist, I would've thought.

exactly. I know the awards are for only the regular season. When he took over we were like 5-10 games below 500. We fought back and made the playoffs, he probably had like a .600 winning percentage i'm guessing when the season ended. I would have replaced Buck Showalter with Thomsan. The Mets faltered towards the end of the season and lost the NL East title in the process. Yeah their record was decent but....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    87 win team gets manager of the year?  I don't see it.
  • Options
    Thank God. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Why? It's not like it hasn't happened to managers winning less than 90 games or so multiple times before
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_Manager_of_the_Year_Award
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Thank God. 
    Pretty shocked at pretty much everything, all things considered.

Gotta figure the orange man is toast, right? I mean I feel like I've said that 73949749 times, but this seems troubling for him.  Hopefully he burns everything to the ground.
  • Options
    Thank God. 
    Big Lebowski You Said It Man GIF - Big Lebowski You Said It Man Jesus -  Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    Thank God. 

Gotta figure the orange man is toast, right? I mean I feel like I've said that 73949749 times, but this seems troubling for him.  Hopefully he burns everything to the ground.
    I have no idea what Republicans are doing still backing this guy. He was a useful idiot for a time there by appointing supreme court justices. But that's it. His usefulness is over and has been for two years. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Thank God. 

Nnnnnope. He'll be there. R's can convince themselves of anyone running against the bogeymans on the left.

Biggest takeaways imo are:
    1) Stephen Miller racist ass C4S commercials on TV nonstop turned people off.
    2) huge that Dems kept/won governorships in states that will be critical in 2024.
    3) PA State House has a very good chance of flipping.
    4) the economy is doing fine
    EDIT:5) oh, yeah, old white dudes suuuuuck. thank god for gen z kids coming out in droves, especially POC.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Why? It's not like it hasn't happened to managers winning less than 90 games or so multiple times before
    Very rare for a wild card or 4th place team though.

I counted 5 managers 3rd or 4th place that won...If he was in 1st w 87 wins, sure.  Even that to me is bad though.
  • Options
    Thank God. 
    Big Lebowski You Said It Man GIF - Big Lebowski You Said It Man Jesus -  Discover  Share GIFs
    That's the Jesus...
  • Options

I counted 5 managers 3rd or 4th place that won...If he was in 1st w 87 wins, sure.  Even that to me is bad though.

also Baltimore finished with 83 wins and didn't make the playoffs yet their manager was nominated (forget the dude's name)...
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

also Baltimore finished with 83 wins and didn't make the playoffs yet their manager was nominated (forget the dude's name)...
    Now, now, Eerie....we must overlook context and simply punish the manager for finishing 3rd in the toughest division in baseball with two 100 win teams. lol. I don't even care. I will gladly take NL champs over this dumb award. I just think he deserves to at least be in the mix.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Thank God. 

Nnnnnope. He'll be there. R's can convince themselves of anyone running against the bogeymans on the left.

2) huge that Dems kept/won governorships in states that will be critical in 2024.
    EDIT:5) oh, yeah, old white dudes suuuuuck. thank god for gen z kids coming out in droves, especially POC.
    Now we get to watch Trump do everything in his power to try and destroy Desantis for the next couple years.....while, likely, being under indictment. If Desantis gets the nom, it would not surprise me to see Trump still try and screw him over somehow. 

Also....nah, I don't think the economy is really fine (only a matter of time before we see it in the unemployment #'s)...and will likely get worse next year....BUT.....it'll be on the mend at the best possible time in 2024.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,445
    So happy for the big PA wins - the USA can't blame us this time. Really hoping the PA State House flips!

Election Day was interesting. The GOP State House candidate (a lovely lady who brought a busload of folks to DC on 1/6) is in my precinct and after she voted she wasn't leaving (candidates can't hang out inside the polling place) so I had to kick her out and she was all playing victim. Anyway she lost 67-33. It must have been stolen from her. LOL  

Their poll workers were torturing us all day and I got weird advice from Delco they could look through our voter list. They were enormously disruptive.

Anyway, the voters really came out in force and they were mostly all in high spirits and appreciative of the poll workers - it was busy all day. I heard much less of the conspiracies this time around. And Josh & John did great in my very politically mixed neighborhood. Democracy rules!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Thank God. 

Now we get to watch Trump do everything in his power to try and destroy Desantis for the next couple years.....while, likely, being under indictment. 

Also....nah, I don't think the economy is really fine (only a matter of time before we see it in the unemployment #'s)...and will likely get worse next year....BUT.....it'll be on the mend at the best possible time in 2024.
    I hear you, especially knowing the industry you're in I get where you're coming from - my point is/was that mid-terms for a sitting president is usually a total referendum up and down the ballot, and primarily the economy is the driving force. At the end of the day, on a very broad general sense - that is definitely not the case. Without getting into the weeds (I'll leave that in the stock market thread that is usually a dump on Elon which is cool) - the Fed has overreached. And for that I believe the economy will take a hit. But job numbers are job numbers, wages are still high. Inflation sucks, but economy isn't in the tank like one would think to affect the polls.
  • Options
    Thank God. 

Now we get to watch Trump do everything in his power to try and destroy Desantis for the next couple years.....while, likely, being under indictment. 

I hear you, especially knowing the industry you're in I get where you're coming from - my point is/was that mid-terms for a sitting president is usually a total referendum up and down the ballot, and primarily the economy is the driving force. At the end of the day, on a very broad general sense - that is definitely not the case. Without getting into the weeds (I'll leave that in the stock market thread that is usually a dump on Elon which is cool) - the Fed has overreached. And for that I believe the economy will take a hit. But job numbers are job numbers, wages are still high. Inflation sucks, but economy isn't in the tank like one would think to affect the polls.
    I don't think the fed will stop until the jobs numbers turn bad, which I bet will happen in next 6 months or so but who knows.

Yeah it was just a weird election. I think if it wasn't for Dobbs and if it wasn't for Trump throwing his weight behind terrible candidates, we're probably not feeling as good today. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah it was just a weird election. I think if it wasn't for Dobbs and if it wasn't for Trump throwing his weight behind terrible candidates, we're probably not feeling as good today. 
    In other words, Republicans being Republicans...

How insulting to all your neighbors to put up a Mastriano sign basically telling them they don't deserve their freedom of choice, freedom from religion, freedom to have their votes counted. They are who they are and they are beatable, and will remain so, because they suck.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Thank God. 

1) - I don't think the fed will stop until the jobs numbers turn bad, which I bet will happen in next 6 months or so but who knows.

2) - Yeah it was just a weird election. I think if it wasn't for Dobbs and if it wasn't for Trump throwing his weight behind terrible candidates, we're probably not feeling as good today. 
    1) - Yeah and that's Powell's downfall. It's way way too aggressive. At the end of the day, though, big big biiiig picture - this isn't 2007/2008. It'll suck but not for long.

2) - Sure. If anything, I recall seeing these really vanilla Oz ads post-debate (hunky dory picket white fence houses, sunshine, families, nice white shirt wearing, you get the idea) that if he - and like every other psycho that runs as a Hard R - would take that approach they'd be much better at taking away peoples rights.

Aside from a party holding all three chambers to get anything substantive done, the next best outcome is a nearly 50/50 split where the extremes don't get to be lunatics, and god forbid people actually have to work toward a compromise.

In national elections - pretty fun to see that idiot Boebert lose.
  • Options
    Boebert losing is fucking awesome.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Still more votes to count right?

• Options
    She's Colorado.  That doesn't even border anything near you.
  • Options
    Still more votes to count right?
    Yeah, trying to find better info. Looks like The Needle stopped forecasting at 4AM. From what I'm reading there's ~7% left in a very red county, and ~20% left in a "purple yet historically blue" county fwiw.
  • Options
    ...Uh, yeah....and what is your point? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    yes but the country is better off without a complete nutjob and moron in Congress.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    yes but the country is better off without a complete nutjob and moron in Congress.  
    And prominent national election deniers really love to attack us PA voters.