Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Thank God. 
    Pretty shocked at pretty much everything, all things considered.

Gotta figure the orange man is toast, right? I mean I feel like I've said that 73949749 times, but this seems troubling for him.  Hopefully he burns everything to the ground.
    Nnnnnope. He'll be there. R's can convince themselves of anyone running against the bogeymans on the left.

Biggest takeaways imo are:
    1) Stephen Miller racist ass C4S commercials on TV nonstop turned people off.
    2) huge that Dems kept/won governorships in states that will be critical in 2024.
    3) PA State House has a very good chance of flipping.
    4) the economy is doing fine
    EDIT:5) oh, yeah, old white dudes suuuuuck. thank god for gen z kids coming out in droves, especially POC.

He'll be there, but is there any way this doesn't end in a DeSantis/Trump civil war, with Trump likely losing and probably burning everything to the ground?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Thank God. 

Gotta figure the orange man is toast, right? I mean I feel like I've said that 73949749 times, but this seems troubling for him.  Hopefully he burns everything to the ground.
    Nnnnnope. He'll be there. R's can convince themselves of anyone running against the bogeymans on the left.

2) huge that Dems kept/won governorships in states that will be critical in 2024.
    EDIT:5) oh, yeah, old white dudes suuuuuck. thank god for gen z kids coming out in droves, especially POC.

He'll be there, but is there any way this doesn't end in a DeSantis/Trump civil war, with Trump likely losing and probably burning everything to the ground?
    I think DeSantis will get owned by Trump, and, yes, Trump has absolutely no problem taking any and everyone down with him.

And as cool as that sounds, Republicans will always find a way to justify voting for whatever that burning pile of garbage ends up being over any Dem candidate. Because that's totally normal behavior.

Boebert losing is fucking awesome.
    She's Colorado.  That doesn't even border anything near you.
    La Flamme Rouge on Twitter GorkaApraiz Thanks captain obvious  httpstcoZEqSO3yJX4  Twitter
  • Options
    ...Uh, yeah....and what is your point? 
    Point taken, lol.
  • Options
    Thank God. 

I think DeSantis will get owned by Trump, and, yes, Trump has absolutely no problem taking any and everyone down with him.

And as cool as that sounds, Republicans will always find a way to justify voting for whatever that burning pile of garbage ends up being over any Dem candidate. Because that's totally normal behavior.

La Flamme Rouge on Twitter GorkaApraiz Thanks captain obvious  httpstcoZEqSO3yJX4  Twitter
    Easy there Cuck.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,527
    PA Dems declared victory in the State House!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    PA Dems declared victory in the State House!
    What a fascinating turn of events these last 24 hours have been. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty amazing. Shapiro and Fetts really pulled everyone up with them. Not to be a downer but I think the State House majority will be short-lived. Times like these it shows how dumb a bicameral House is at the State level.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,519
    ^^^^ unfortunately, that race is only a couple of hundred votes apart.

I hope Lenny is right but he’s not the most stable individual.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lauren & Lenny should go into business together. What could go wrong? Also JP way to bring that whole thing back to being in the "Philadelphia Phillies" category.

Great Job GIFs  Tenor
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
  • Options
    Dysktra's actually my favorite baseball player of all-time. Such a trainwreck since retirement though. I remember when he first joined Twitter. I immediately followed him, and he proceeded to live tweet a rerun of Full House. Talking about how hot Aunt Becky is, asking followers "Is this Mary-Kate or Ashley in this scene?", etc. I still follow him, but have had him on mute for some years now. He just tweets and retweets too much. Being exposed to the inner thoughts of a maniac is fun in small does, but too much Nails isn't good for anybody. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Dysktra's actually my favorite baseball player of all-time. Such a trainwreck since retirement though. I remember when he first joined Twitter. I immediately followed him, and he proceeded to live tweet a rerun of Full House. Talking about how hot Aunt Becky is, asking followers "Is this Mary-Kate or Ashley in this scene?", etc. I still follow him, but have had him on mute for some years now. He just tweets and retweets too much. Being exposed to the inner thoughts of a maniac is fun in small does, but too much Nails isn't good for anybody. 
    Yeah, I was happy to follow him at first but....nah. It didn't take me long to unfollow. He's such a piece of shit. 

Loved him back in the day. I feel like he was the original "walk up song" guy too. Or at least with the Phils. Can't help but think of him fouling off a million pitches so everyone gets a good look whenever Start Me Up is on
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Yeah, I was happy to follow him at first but....nah. It didn't take me long to unfollow. He's such a piece of shit. 

Loved him back in the day. I feel like he was the original "walk up song" guy too. Or at least with the Phils. Can't help but think of him fouling off a million pitches so everyone gets a good look whenever Start Me Up is on
    Hands down favorite player of all time. Tried to bat exactly like him, got a ball signed from him, will never ever ever ever everrrrr forget him telling Rick Dempsey to look at the scoreboard motherfucker for his batting average and then kicking his ass, even in high school was giddy to be drinking with his son, all of it. But nope, that's all gone now.
  • Options

He's one of the poster boys of our fantasy baseball league. There's a Lenny Dykstra Division and a John Rocker Division. The banner on the league facebook page is often a mugshot of him, him being hauled off in handcuffs, etc. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    He's one of the poster boys of our fantasy baseball league. There's a Lenny Dykstra Division and a John Rocker Division. The banner on the league facebook page is often a mugshot of him, him being hauled off in handcuffs, etc. 
    Nice. My buddy runs a fantasy baseball league called Steve Jeltz Fan Club. Celebrating mediocrity rather than insanity.

• Options
    Nice. My buddy runs a fantasy baseball league called Steve Jeltz Fan Club. Celebrating mediocrity rather than insanity.
    lol, that's definitely a celebration of mediocrity. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PA State House:

Dems leading in 102 districts (one of them by 2 votes), down by 26 votes in one (should be able to make that up with provisionals). 102 needed for majority.

Yeah, it will be tough to keep in 2024 but a few more are on the table to flip.

• Options

That’s awesome.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,971
    Did I miss something? 🤔
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Milton Bradley Division?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    a) I don’t go to AMT

b) you guys are politically savvy

that said….how the hell does wolf blitzer have a job? I could see him on fox, newsmax, OAN, etc. but how does he keep his spot on a real network?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    a) you are a smart man

b) i think he's had that schtick going for at least 25 years now? also, hasn't CNN taken a hard right turn recently since WB/John Malone took over?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Yeah, agree, CNN is no more a real network than Fox News....it just presents a more human take on events we think actually happened.
    Fox is just plain bonkers. 

Also....please don't give Wobert a big head
      :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yeah, agree, CNN is no more a real network than Fox News....it just presents a more human take on events we think actually happened.

CNN is MUCH more of a real network…they employ some actual smart people (Wolf, excluded) and not just blowhards.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Wobbie said:

CNN is MUCH more of a real network…they employ some actual smart people (Wolf, excluded) and not just blowhards.
    Yeah CNN is not the same as Fox.

But Wolf Blitzer has sucked ever since coming home from that hotel in Baghdad 31 years ago.  
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Chris Hayes is ok. And I like that Stephanie Ruhle lady on MSNBC. I think that's about the most of my LAME STREAM MEDIA watching. Oh, and Steve Kornacki is cool come election time.

EDIT: Brian Stelter was on CNN right, but got canned? He seemed ok too.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I'll try to bring this back to local - CNN's John King mentioned "Delaware County" and Jake Tapper said "It's Delco!"

On MSNBC Kornacki is just ridiculous. "This next batch of votes should be good for Republicans" (batch comes in, 4,000 votes better for Democrats) "Okay the next batch should be good for Republicans. Or maybe not." 

Dude why should I believe anything you say?

My new projection:
    Lenny's crush will keep her seat in the House. :(
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on

• Options
    more AMT from a guy who isn’t even in Philly but enjoys your takes on baseball, politics, food, etc..,,

I only knew Mastriano was MAGA but didn’t know how batshit crazy he was…read an article about his election night watch party..,OMG..,,waiting for god to intervene, were they?

mitch mcconnell was right about “candidate quality.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    more AMT from a guy who isn’t even in Philly but enjoys your takes on baseball, politics, food, etc..,,

I only knew Mastriano was MAGA but didn’t know how batshit crazy he was…read an article about his election night watch party..,OMG..,,waiting for god to intervene, were they?

mitch mcconnell was right about “candidate quality.”
    He breached the police lines at the Capitol on January 6th. Republicans deserve every ounce of humiliation they're getting for losing with wackjobs like him all over the country. 
    chinese-happy.jpg