Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,509
    Yeah I'm not watching that. It's great how the media has turned the narrative into somehow Fetterman is the only one who has to prove something. What with the ableism and all. Also, our votes were in the mail a week ago. 
    You're not curious how it goes though? This new CBS poll has it basically tied. Gotta exceed expectations tonight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,833
    Yeah I'm not watching that. It's great how the media has turned the narrative into somehow Fetterman is the only one who has to prove something. What with the ableism and all. Also, our votes were in the mail a week ago. 
    You're not curious how it goes though? This new CBS poll has it basically tied. Gotta exceed expectations tonight...
    But what are those expectations? And who for? Just Fetts?

I mean I'm just exhausted by all of it by now. It shouldn't be close regardless, but here we are.

Let's say he does great, I can still see every knuckle dragging slack jawed yokel in this state coming away with a complete opposite reaction to it than I'd expect.

Not trying to be dramatic but my outlook on most public offices are completely fucked and eroding quickly. Like in my mind the Republican Party would be wiped off the map and non-existent, but the exact opposite is what's going to continue to happen going forward for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    I shouldn't laugh at those fucking idiots, but I did.  
    Like many of youse, I work with lots of people who seem normal but will vote for "doctor oz".
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,762
    Alright. I vote for Nola to start Game 1. What’s everyone else think?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Falter should not be a choice.
    For any game.  :lol:   

• Options
    I’d want Wheeler on the mound on for a game 6 in Houston. So I’d go with Nola in games 1 and 5 and Wheeler in games 2 and 6. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ^and get Wheeler 5 days rest before Game 2. Nola is already well rested. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Nola, Wheels, Ranger, Thor should be the rotation. I don't know how you can expect to play a bullpen game against this team.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    Agree.  Give Wheeler an extra day's rest.  
  • Options
    If there's a game with a short starter it probably will be Ranger's since they absolutely murder lefties, I have to think a part of that has to do with their park, too. Their splits are telling. Just snag one game down there and come back to finish it in 5  =)
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Agree.  Give Wheeler an extra day's rest.  
    Guess we figured that out. 

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I thought I was going to go Mike Tyson on some idiot two rows behind us.  Actually wrapped the giveaway red towel around my knuckles, turned around and shouted at him.
    There is only so many 'top volume' fucks I'm going to be able to take.  Conversation swearing is understandable.   Screaming it ten times an inning at every player is just idiotic.  
    Everyone around us wanted to see him get smacked, it was pretty funny.
    Of course, called out, he lost his voice.

I'm glad my kid didn't have to see Dad pummel someone....I just lost my patience.

Think the same dope vomited an inning later.

Fun game.  Loud as hell.  Not a huge fan of having to wait in long lines to whiz, but it was a good time.

why did dad wrap his hand?
  • Options
    I thought I was going to go Mike Tyson on some idiot two rows behind us.  Actually wrapped the giveaway red towel around my knuckles, turned around and shouted at him.
    There is only so many 'top volume' fucks I'm going to be able to take.  Conversation swearing is understandable.   Screaming it ten times an inning at every player is just idiotic.  

I'm glad my kid didn't have to see Dad pummel someone....I just lost my patience.

Fun game.  Loud as hell.  Not a huge fan of having to wait in long lines to whiz, but it was a good time.

Is that sarcastic?
    Guessing you know that part.
    I'd lost my patience and was ready to punch the idiot if he came at me.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,673

Is that sarcastic?

“come at me, bro!”  :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    But what are those expectations? And who for? Just Fetts?

I mean I'm just exhausted by all of it by now. It shouldn't be close regardless, but here we are.

Let's say he does great, I can still see every knuckle dragging slack jawed yokel in this state coming away with a complete opposite reaction to it than I'd expect.

Not trying to be dramatic but my outlook on most public offices are completely fucked and eroding quickly. Like in my mind the Republican Party would be wiped off the map and non-existent, but the exact opposite is what's going to continue to happen going forward for the foreseeable future.
    It's not fair but, yeah, I think he had more to prove given the stroke and given how his lead has eroded over the last month. Had to right the ship. But no matter how smirky and slimebally and dodgy Oz came across, the main takeaway for most people will be Fetterman's health. His campaign shouldn't have agreed to it. I am not optimistic about this election.

Thankfully I got a lot of things to keep me preoccupied before that happens though. Go Phils

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cool. I also look forward to these last two weeks being an onslaught of ads that turn from racist violence bullshit to attacks on someone who had a stroke. Hell of a country we live in, humans are the best. I look forward to the day when a woman no longer has autonomy over their body. Really a lot going on in the brains of people if they still haven't made up their minds by now.

Let's sweep this series, have a parade, then just nuke it all and call it a day. Can't think of a better way to go out.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Is that sarcastic?

“come at me, bro!”  :lol:
    I was not polite in my insistence that he stop screaming f bombs at every player.  Figured there was a good chance he tried to navigate the rows down and that I would have a bit of time to get in the first few shots / use his momentum to wreck his night. 
    Always better to be prepared.  :lol:   
  • Options
    Cool. I also look forward to these last two weeks being an onslaught of ads that turn from racist violence bullshit to attacks on someone who had a stroke. Hell of a country we live in, humans are the best. I look forward to the day when a woman no longer has autonomy over their body. Really a lot going on in the brains of people if they still haven't made up their minds by now.

Let's sweep this series, have a parade, then just nuke it all and call it a day. Can't think of a better way to go out.
    I will go do my Upper Darby GOTV canvass on Saturday and drop off the yellow postcards and otherwise I'm not gonna worry about all this. If people don't care enough to vote for their freedoms guess they won't have them.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,520
    edited October 2022
    8:03pm start on Friday, really? not 8pm/ 8:05/ 8:10.....no, 8:03.....who the fuck signs off on this. Baseball is silly most of the time

Pulling for Phillies, cool that i saw Chilis on the field at Citizens bank labor day weekend....now you guys are going for the chip, I had a small part :)

If Ted Cruz comes....give him the treatment......ask him if he left his dog all alone at home like when he fled to mexico during that ice storm....what a fuckin tool
  • Options
    I think if Ted Cruz comes here he'll be in a bulletproof box, or holed up at the Union League.

This is the Super Bowl all over again. America has no choice but to root for us.
  • Options
    Forgot I'm attending a union benefit dinner Saturday - dinner starts at 7. DOH

• Options
    In solidarity with the MLBPA I would think they'll have the game on.
  • Options
    Goddamnit, about 4.5 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ry8xSwj6I
  • Options
    I'm good with Nola starting game 1. Gives Wheeler an extra day of rest.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    Goddamnit, about 4.5 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ry8xSwj6I
    sounded like she wanted to stay and they shot that down pretty quickly
  • Options
    Pete Rose was an otherworldly hitter but other aspects of his game may have been severely overrated, since people liked him so much. A short series sample of his baserunning is just atrocious. He was making outs on the bases all the time.

Another thing for that list from above: a knuckleballer pitching in the playoffs.

• Options
    BOOM.

Just got tickets to Game 3! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Can sit on the Phillies dugout (R1) for only $13,700 per ticket. 
    G4

:lol:     
  • Options
    BOOM.

Just got tickets to Game 3! 
    NICE. Was that via the registration jawn?