Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    How about:

Can't Keep
    Fatal
    All Or None
    Sleight Of Hand
    Parting ways
    Damn, yuck.  I like those songs but if you are picking from the catalog that is the bottom end stuff.

Fatal would be cool.

Rest?
    Snooze.  I'll enjoy, of course, but please bring some balls to a rock show.  
    Damn man, don't fuck with this guy's rock or you're gonna catch a stray.
    I looked at the Recent set list from the shows in Canada, and they've been starting shows with about 5 slow  Acoustic songs, and that's why I mentioned the songs I named.
    Haha I know I'm just saying F Me is coming for ya.

someone posted a pic of this shirt on social media
    May be an image of text that says PEARE JAWN PHILLY

This jawn shit is out of control. 
  • Options
    Who's listening to the XM broadcast of the show tonight? And if you are, who are two of these hosts that clearly have Delco accents? 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    They are doing the slow open thing again.  Guess that is just what pearl jam does, now.

I'm watching USC vs. Stanford and drinking what Cliffy would call lady drinks.   ;)

Was toying with Ocean City dim sum tomorrow am.
    Have we talked Philly Dim Sum here?
    Have hit a handful of them and Ocean City is my favorite here.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Is Ocean City next to Sang kee? I feel like that's about where I've seen it.

I really should be more in tuned with my Chinese places. My favorite place is whatever dim sum place over there that I've hit a number of times at like 3 in the morning and able to drink beers. That's good stuff.

Starting with Footsteps is pretty great. And I'll tell ya what, remember when they used to do a sit down set as part of the first encore? I'd very much take a sitdown to start a show than that (and also for two encores again).
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Two encores, for sure.  I like the mellow one ans then the 2nd encode.  I'll like Footsteps and Pendulum at any point.  Great songs.

Yes, for Ocean City being by Sang Kee.  (I would stab someone for Sang Kee dumplings right now)

Dim Sum Garden is also very good.

• Options
    Sang Kee chicken dumplings are on par with anything I've eaten at Chinese places in SF. LA, Sea, NYC, Vancouver.  
    So fucking good.
  • Options
    Last thing I had from Sang kee I believe was takeout, the full duck dinner deal. 

As of now this set is right up this guy's alley and I am frankly jealous that this isn't the beginning of the Camden set.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,457
    Dim Sum Garden rocks and for us Delco folks Dim Sim Mania in Media. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited September 2022
    Dim sum garden, sang kee…Tom’s dim sum has done a good job on delivery throughout the pandemic. I don’t know ocean city. Vietnam is my favorite spot there, banana leaf fucking rules too. 

Footsteps to open is pretty fucking sweet if they are starting slow.

Clear liquor is for rich women on diets, a wise man once said.  For the record, I enjoy myself a martini, just not the drink of record.

party bus locked in for Wednesday. Pearl Jam Koozies drunkenly custom ordered arrived today. Going to be a fun Wednesday. Better than most Wednesday’s I’d say 

• Options
    I've not had Tom's.  
    Ron Swanson is awesome.

• Options
    Looks like a couple lawn tix just popped up on TM if anyone's looking. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    I have a Lawn Ticket if anyone on here is interested 
  • Options
    While Thursday's weather would be better...Wednesday is looking pretty pretty lovely
  • Options
    Yeah supposed to be shittyy through Tuesday, hopefully that's when it stops.
  • Options
    Release > Garden tonight.

Gonna be a Corduroy kinda open on Wednesday 
  • Options
    Ah fuck...Porch this early...
  • Options
    This is a really good show, no?
  • Options
    Seems fine. Need Philly to be longer, ya fucks!  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited September 2022
    Great show....would've liked to have seen a second encore though. 

One gripe--- I am not a fan of this Josh guy signing Purple Rain. I'm fine with him playing guitar and whatever else he does.....but singing? We only need one singer.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Two days of work this week. Very. Excited.
  • Options
    BTW this is a very good episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRy7l-JHjc
  • Options

Bastard...I was supposed to have Wednesday and Thursday off, but looking more like just Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
  • Options

Bastard...I was supposed to have Wednesday and Thursday off, but looking more like just Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
    Was thinking about going in Wednesday morning now, but.....nahhhhhhh. And just like the band - I am not young anymore. Hangovers last the rest of the week.

FYI - got an email from the venue/TM - traffic is supposed to be brutal.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited September 2022
    I took off Wednesday...debating whether to get a quick 18 in during the morning or if I should try and be productive for a half day......golf usually wins out though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    I have a Lawn Ticket for the Camden show if anyone here is Interested.

We can meet at the Venue or the tailgate party.

ONLY asking for $50.(Only making that offer here, before I have to Post the ticket on Live Nation). Like to see the ticket go to a Local.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Still debating how i should get there. I'll probably be hanging out at the wishlist party on the battleship, volunteering.

take the ferry over? Park in the lot? Someone suggested PATCO but never used them.... :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Still debating how i should get there. I'll probably be hanging out at the wishlist party on the battleship, volunteering.

take the ferry over? Park in the lot? Someone suggested PATCO but never used them.... :confounded:
    Really depends on what would be most convenient for you. I have no idea what parking is like near the SS NJ. But I'd say, if I wasn't getting in on a bus, I'd either take a) the ferry or b) PATCO. But I live in the city so I don't know what you're plan would be to park a car on either side of the river. But there's plenty of parking around the city, and that you could possibly get for free, too.

But PATCO is easy. You could take any car/bus/train/what-have-you into the city, and then pick up PATCO at the Broad & Walnut station. Last station (closest to NJ) I believe is at 7th or 8th & Locust. It's easy and super convenient. I believe you would take on of the first two stops. And there's a RiverLine train that runs up and down the river from that point that could get you to and fro.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891

Really depends on what would be most convenient for you. I have no idea what parking is like near the SS NJ. But I'd say, if I wasn't getting in on a bus, I'd either take a) the ferry or b) PATCO. But I live in the city so I don't know what you're plan would be to park a car on either side of the river. But there's plenty of parking around the city, and that you could possibly get for free, too.

But PATCO is easy. You could take any car/bus/train/what-have-you into the city, and then pick up PATCO at the Broad & Walnut station. Last station (closest to NJ) I believe is at 7th or 8th & Locust. It's easy and super convenient. I believe you would take on of the first two stops. And there's a RiverLine train that runs up and down the river from that point that could get you to and fro.
    Thanks for the info/input!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
  • Options

Thanks for the info/input!

You can easily walk from the PATCO stop, as well.  I suspect we will be doing that.  Maybe Uber in but Uber out is a shitshow, every time.  Easier to walk to PATCO and then Uber from station closest to our home

What is pre-party scene like?
    Doors kpen at 6, right?  Will be easy enough to get in and have some drinks there but curious if anything semi-official is going off around there