Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    Yeah we got after it too. There are parts of the show that are a bit fuzzy 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,783
    Soooo tired.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    Soooo tired.
    I brought an espresso machine into the office and that has helped for a bit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I kept it to beer so recall 100%, although many beers were consumed.  Thankfully, a friend pointed out the Porta potty additional restroom area so that waiting in line to piss was pretty much not a thing.  There were massive lines for the wasted people who didn't see that.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,283
    So much less parking there now. Guess I didn't realize the Sixers facilities were built right on the old lot. That used to be prime tailgate area with the skyline view.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So much less parking there now. Guess I didn't realize the Sixers facilities were built right on the old lot. That used to be prime tailgate area with the skyline view.
    Yup, that's exactly where they're at. We ended up having to park near the junkyards.

That Retrograde -> Even Flow portion was great timing for a bathroom break. Back just in time for Untitled/MFC. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    Still pretty tired after getting an hour and a half of sleep last night and a few hours of napping today, but totally worth it!

Josh as an opener was fine I thought. Pretty solid cover of Nutshell I thought.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    He was playing Nutshell as we were walking in. I thought it sounded good too. 

I won a “guess the opener” pool with my friends. None of us got it, but I was closest with my pick Oceans being played second. My friends’ picks were Small Town, Long Road, Sometimes, and Of The Girl. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Josh has been meh to me as an addition, but Nutshell was good. AND he was wearing one of the Four Seasons Total Landscaping shirts I have, so bonus points.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I didn't watch, just listened....but I would give a poor review to his songs.  That's about as nice as I can make it.  :lol:  

Big thumbs up to venue, overall, though.  Lots of options for drinks and sufficient places to sit and hang out with friends before hand.  Not sure i love $15 tall boys but kept drinking them.
    Also....liquid death water was the only water I saw being sold.  That was kind of annoying.
  • Options
    I didn't watch, just listened....but I would give a poor review to his songs.  That's about as nice as I can make it.  :lol:  

Big thumbs up to venue, overall, though.  Lots of options for drinks and sufficient places to sit and hang out with friends before hand.  Not sure i love $15 tall boys but kept drinking them.
    Also....liquid death water was the only water I saw being sold.  That was kind of annoying.
    The venue has certainly upgraded its food & drink options. It was complete garbage back in the day.

Water in a can > water in a plastic bottle???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

The venue has certainly upgraded its food & drink options. It was complete garbage back in the day.

Water in a can > water in a plastic bottle???
    I guess but I think they add stuff to it.
  • Options
    Liquid death water? The hell are you guys talking about? lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Yeah basically Liquid Death is the only water option at any venue these days. I'm actually a fan, especially times when I go dry and I'm on the wagon. 

Yes, there are some that are flavored seltzer water, too.
  • Options
    I won't do Liquid Death, specifically because of the ridiculous packaging for water, but I do hear good things. 

Team Topo Chico
  • Options

Yeah basically Liquid Death is the only water option at any venue these days. I'm actually a fan, especially times when I go dry and I'm on the wagon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wx77L9_D84&t=4s
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I won't do Liquid Death, specifically because of the ridiculous packaging for water, but I do hear good things. 

Team Topo Chico
    As opposed to in a plastic bottle?

And that's booze though. 

If we're talking flavored seltzer water, the internet algorithms got to me. Aura Bora is the shit.

This guy gets it. 
  • Options

Team Topo Chico

And that's booze though. 

If we're talking flavored seltzer water, the internet algorithms got to me. Aura Bora is the shit.

This guy gets it. 
    No, just saying no water should be called liquid death.

not the topo Chico seltzers, the water 
  • Options

Team Topo Chico

And that's booze though. 

This guy gets it. 
    No, just saying no water should be called liquid death.

not the topo Chico seltzers, the water 
    Agree, the name and can design....I'm not a fan.  Feels wrong.
  • Options
    Absolute best time of year at the shore 
  • Options
    Well I have covid now. First timer. Assuming I got it on Wednesday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah was just thinking about testing today, probably gonna go do that now...
  • Options
    I feel like such a piece of shit too because my wife's cousin passed away and her funeral is today. Naturally I cannot go.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I feel like such a piece of shit too because my wife's cousin passed away and her funeral is today. Naturally I cannot go.
    Not your fault. We missed a pretty important funeral when we had it too. Hope you’re feeling alright 

Figured there’s a decent chance to get it at that show. I have a bunch of work stuff in person next week so will test before that
  • Options
    Feel better Juggs. Don't feel bad - you're not a bad person for catching a virus.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    nothing like getting swept by the braves to end the weekend series :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    edited September 2022
    Went to the Nashville show.  Great show awesome crowd.  Camden was better but Nashville was a lot closer than expected.  Crowd was the best I’ve seen outside Philly.  With it being the first of three straight nights for PJ wasn’t expecting a rocking set but they delivered.  Was my first time in Nashville.  Interesting town. Fun but a two day town for me.  Not sure I could hear anymore woo girls or bands telling everyone to say hell yeah much more after two days.  Had a great few days between Camden and Nashville though.  Can’t wait to see PJ again.  Hope it won’t be years.

and I will never understand fans at our ages sleeping out for GA or waiting in the merch. Hotel was next to venue and people were already waiting for ga when we checked in around 1:pm Thursday for a Friday night show.  And merch line had to be over 500 people for over six hours,  for posters and tee shirts by fans in their 40s and 50s,  it’s nuts to me
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Went to the Nashville show.  Great show awesome crowd.  Camden was better but Nashville was a lot closer than expected.  Crowd was the best I’ve seen outside Philly.  With it being the first of three straight nights for PJ wasn’t expecting a rocking set but they delivered.  Was my first time in Nashville.  Interesting town. Fun but a two day town for me.  Not sure I could hear anymore woo girls or bands telling everyone to say hell yeah much more after two days.  Had a great few days between Camden and Nashville though.  Can’t wait to see PJ again.  Hope it won’t be years.

and I will never understand fans at our ages sleeping out for GA or waiting in the merch. Hotel was next to venue and people were already waiting for ga when we checked in around 1:pm Thursday for a Friday night show.  And merch line had to be over 500 people for over six hours,  for posters and tee shirts by fans in their 40s and 50s,  it’s nuts to me
    There is literally nothing in this world I would wait in lines like that for. 

Pearl jam could smear shit on a t shirt and people would buy it

• Options
    Welp just paid for really good Phils playoff tickets. This is good juju for me - the pit in my stomach due to the cash out the door will be worth it if they win, and if they don't make it I'll be relieved to have that cash back in my account.
  • Options
    Welp just paid for really good Phils playoff tickets. This is good juju for me - the pit in my stomach due to the cash out the door will be worth it if they win, and if they don't make it I'll be relieved to have that cash back in my account.
    If we make the playoffs but don't get even one home playoff game...did we really make the playoffs?

I think that's part of the reason there is no juice surrounding this team, despite possibly winning 90ish games
    chinese-happy.jpg