Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    Listening to Steely Dan A to Z on XPN is the most dad thing I've ever done. I don't really even like them that much. What am I doing?
    Respect. Nothing wrong with that at all. This summer riding my bike at night down the shore, to the bar, while blasting 'Do it Again' was very much a highlight of my life recently.
    I rode my bike home from happy hour to my rental house in South Philly back in the day and never drank and rode again - terrifying. That sounds fun anyway.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Yes they just played Dirty Work.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    First thing I think of whenever someone brings up this band. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Phenomenal song. Whenever I hear Dirty Work I think of the PJ Lets Play 2 film where they're on the top of the pub jamming and Ed has no idea of that song - incredibly disappointed and let down frankly.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    First thing I think of whenever someone brings up this band. haha
    It's so good
  • Options
    Phenomenal song. Whenever I hear Dirty Work I think of the PJ Lets Play 2 film where they're on the top of the pub jamming and Ed has no idea of that song - incredibly disappointed and let down frankly.
    I think you have mentioned that, I don't remember it, but very disappointing indeed.

• Options
    Cliff your Beach Boys show is fucking up my race on Saturday. They're not letting us run on the piers damnit.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    Highlights from Harper's first rehab start....

https://youtu.be/wcWsPRO5o6s
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Cliff your Beach Boys show is fucking up my race on Saturday. They're not letting us run on the piers damnit.
    That sucks.  Are you heading up to AC after still? 

I am irrationally excited about this show with the Trump Beach Boy
  • Options
    Yessir, probably going to hit the beach for most of the afternoon tho, if you're looking to speed up your inebriation in advance of the good vibrations.

Is it just Mike Love and a buncha scrubs? I mean singing Kokomo on the beach would be a thrill for me, too.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Highlights from Harper's first rehab start....

https://youtu.be/wcWsPRO5o6s

Good god. It is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid the McCarthy family. 

My worst nightmare is being overjoyed about finding out TMac resigns for some prominent national gig or something only to find out shortly thereafter that his fucking son will replace him and that douche ends up being in the booth for 25 years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yessir, probably going to hit the beach for most of the afternoon tho, if you're looking to speed up your inebriation in advance of the good vibrations.

Is it just Mike Love and a buncha scrubs? I mean singing Kokomo on the beach would be a thrill for me, too.

Mike Love, one of the other semi-original guys and a bunch of scrubs.

Yeah man. I'll be in touch. We're planning on heading over sometime in the early to mid afternoon.

Just to add, this is a monumental occasion, even if it isn't the full band, part of a band that is > the Beatles is playing Wildwood.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Yeah man. I'll be in touch. We're planning on heading over sometime in the early to mid afternoon.
    Will John Stamos be there?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

No but fun fact, the Beach Boys at the New York State Fair was the first concert I ever went to (went twice) and one of the times Stamos did play with them.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

No but fun fact, the Beach Boys at the New York State Fair was the first concert I ever went to (went twice) and one of the times Stamos did play with them.
    Did I know this? You AND my wife's first concert was the Beach Boys with Uncle Jesse.

Forever this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZ5dEiZYCo

• Options
    Uncle Jessy's band is better than The Beatles.

Who is Alex Kack GreenShirtGuy Hysterically Laughing at Trump Supporters  Goes Viral

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Harper returning to the lineup on Friday!  :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Brian Wilson>>>>>>>>>>alllll of the beatles.
  • Options
    Playing that song from the Tom Cruise beach bar movie should be outlawed by the Geneva Conventions.

• Options
    dankind said:

Did I know this? You AND my wife's first concert was the Beach Boys with Uncle Jesse.

Forever this:

Because one guy has a "California for Dukakis" shirt on, I am assuming this was around 1988. That would make Mike Love and those guys in their late 40's at the time.

Eddie Vedder is currently 57.

That's fucking weird to me. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankind said:

Forever this:

I don't know if we knew that. Pretty funny and we'll have to trade stories, though I barely remember.

That rules!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    dankind said:

Forever this:

Because one guy has a "California for Dukakis" shirt on, I am assuming this was around 1988. That would make Mike Love and those guys in their late 40's at the time.

Because back then you thought they were old as fuck fossils?
    :lol:
    He is.
    We are.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    dankind said:

Forever this:

He is.
    We are.
    Yep. Shit like that always interests me but also freaks me the fuck out. Like September 11th to kids in high school now, is almost like the fucking moon landing was for us in high school back in the early 90's. And that felt like ancient history back then. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankind said:

Forever this:

He is.
    We are.
    Yep. Shit like that always interests me but also freaks me the fuck out. Like September 11th to kids in high school now, is almost like the fucking moon landing was for us in high school back in the early 90's. And that felt like ancient history back then. 
    Dude, I work at an ad agency and we obviously hire a good about of entry level people. Next years college grads will have largely been post 9/11. We haven’t hired anyone yet, but this concept freaks me the fuck out 
  • Options
    That was a fucking gem by Nola. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Hopefully Wheeler isn't a bigger deal than a stint on the IL, that would suck. 
  • Options
    Harper back tonight. Let's go
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Harper might have had one of the greatest rehab stints in the history of baseball. Two homeruns in his first game. A walkoff double in his second game. Beats anything I've ever seen a Phillie do with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons. 

https://youtu.be/X0d-ZmDAZpg

Pearl Jam bootlegs: