Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Less is more when it comes to Gigaton, for me.  That stated, I will hope they change my mind with the live presentations.   

Went back and looked....agree that this is the set I like the most, thus far.
    Alright and Sleeping By Myslef are boring but they need to play some slow ones, I get it.
    Agreed. But I get it, they're touring Gigaton. At the same time the "structure" of the sets seem off. I think they got a little carried away with their two-encore setup where the first was sit-down, but if anything would've fit in that style would be Sleeping by Myself. Seemed like a weird place for it. Haha, actually totally forgot this song is on LB, I always think of it as an Eddie solo song.
  • Options
    FYI - Pearl Jam will be playing the Freedom Mortgage Pavilion in Camden.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Did they just rename that shit, again?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Seems like ~7 years is the average, outside of this generic name blip. Forever the E Center.

Also, nothing more free than a mortgage.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    It will always be the Sony Blockbuster Entertainment Center to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Tweeter
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Booze, Boobs, and Trash

I'm looking forward to it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Well that setlist last night is one I can absolutely live with.

yeah it was kinda meh.

Phills looked great. Might have been their best overall game so far this season.
    What was meh? You more of a Lightning Bolt kinda guy?
    no i prefer gigaton more than LB. They didn't play anything off avocado, Riot act or Binaural. And the songs they did play off the other albums seemed more of the fan favorites.

I like the sheer forwardness of some of the spots: Wash>GTF>Small Town>Corduroy>Quick Escape>Why Go>Wolfmoon and Smile>Eruption>DTE>Better Man>Leaving Here are great set ups.

Looks like they're either a) backing off 30+ song sets going forward/cutting back on covers b) settling into the 24ish song set. I guess more time will tell and they're figuring out the new album into the set. Also, this is the way it's going to be anyway - every time they add a new album to tour they're going to push out more obscure stuff from less popular albums. There's only so much real estate. Which does certainly suck at the same time.

I'd say of the 4 shows so far I'd say Glendale and LA2 are #1 and #2.

LA-2 was the better of the 3, for me.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845

I thought they would rename it Truist Bank center/pavillion or something like that since Truist bought out BB&T

Tough upcoming series against The Dodgers starting tonight, Hoping for at least a split.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192

I thought they would rename it Truist Bank center/pavillion or something like that since Truist bought out BB&T

Tough upcoming series against The Dodgers starting tonight, Hoping for at least a split.
    They have to just survive the next few weeks.  Schedule is brutal for the next few weeks but then after that it is something like 31 games against 3 of the worst teams in baseball between June and early August.  They really have played a brutal schedule so far.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    edited May 2022
    They don’t make pitchers like they used to.

In the history of MLB, there has been only one recorded instance of an on-field lightning strike, and it was more than a century ago.

On Aug. 24, 1919, Cleveland pitcher Ray Caldwell was hit by a bolt as he prepared to face what he hoped would be the final batter in a win over visiting Philadelphia. He was knocked flat. As teammates rushed to his aid, their legs nearly gave out from numbness brought on by the current entering their bodies as their spikes touched the ground.

Miraculously, Caldwell wasn’t killed. In fact, he shook off what he later compared to getting whacked on the head with a board, then retired the Athletics’ Joe Dugan to complete the 2-to-1 victory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2022/05/12/mlb-baseball-lightning-safety/

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Juggs, it's such a damn shame the Phillies are going to lose Harper for at least the next 6 weeks, maybe the season

Oh...wait...
  • Options
    And what in the absolute fuck is happening in Oakland so far tonight?!?
  • Options
    I'll tell ya what, if these motherfuckers come down with Covid around September 14th gonna be highly highly annoyed.
  • Options
    Juggs, it's such a damn shame the Phillies are going to lose Harper for at least the next 6 weeks, maybe the season

Oh...wait...
    He'd be playing 1st. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    And what in the absolute fuck is happening in Oakland so far tonight?!?
    Thats Crazy Thats Craaazy GIF - Thats Crazy Thats Craaazy Jim Sipala -  Discover  Share GIFs

Nice win last night for the phills.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    So Shapiro and Fetterman are gonna be the nominees.....potentially up against Mastriano and Barnett. God help us all. 

Dems better not fuck this up 2016 style again....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So Shapiro and Fetterman are gonna be the nominees.....potentially up against Mastriano and Barnett. God help us all. 

Just dropped off my ballot for the primary, abstained from Shapiro and voted for Kenyatta. But come General time both of the aforementioned will absolutely get my vote.

Wait - I thought Oz was most likely going to win since he got the idiot's endorsement? Is this why I've been seeing so many Barnett commercials lately? Oz had one run recently that was suuuuuuuper dog whistle racist against her, I'll have to find it. Not to say Barnett - or any other R candidate's - commercials haven't been batshit crazy.

I was also under the impression that PA R's are scrambling to get anyone but Mastriano to win lol because they think he's dead in the General, same for Oz. But I never believe this shit because PA's voter makeup is fucking insane and this state is straight garbage outside of the Philly area.

Wonderful times we're living in!
  • Options
    Herrre it is. From this insanity you'd actually think Barnett was a normal person:

• Options

Just dropped off my ballot for the primary, abstained from Shapiro and voted for Kenyatta. But come General time both of the aforementioned will absolutely get my vote.

Wait - I thought Oz was most likely going to win since he got the idiot's endorsement? Is this why I've been seeing so many Barnett commercials lately? Oz had one run recently that was suuuuuuuper dog whistle racist against her, I'll have to find it. Not to say Barnett - or any other R candidate's - commercials haven't been batshit crazy.

I was also under the impression that PA R's are scrambling to get anyone but Mastriano to win lol because they think he's dead in the General, same for Oz. But I never believe this shit because PA's voter makeup is fucking insane and this state is straight garbage outside of the Philly area.

Wonderful times we're living in!
    Barnett has shot up like 10% in the last couple weeks largely because she posted a video saying her mom was raped but kept the child, which turned out to be her. So naturally the republican base loves that shit. Last I checked she was basically neck and neck with Oz and Mccormick. GOP's trying to knock her out like they were trying to do with Mastriano. I don't think the Mastriano attempt worked though--no candidate dropped out this week, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nah, I know Jake Corman came out to endorse that loser Lou Barletta as a way of saying, "look, get behind Lou we can't have Doug win", but too many groups have too much money tied up in multiple candidates.

Stupid me keeps thinking that, overall, this SCOTUS Roe decision will massively backfire at the state level, especially when it comes to the overall female electorate. But again things are fucked so I should expect the complete opposite.
  • Options
    Nah, I know Jake Corman came out to endorse that loser Lou Barletta as a way of saying, "look, get behind Lou we can't have Doug win", but too many groups have too much money tied up in multiple candidates.

Stupid me keeps thinking that, overall, this SCOTUS Roe decision will massively backfire at the state level, especially when it comes to the overall female electorate. But again things are fucked so I should expect the complete opposite.
    Backfire for who? Repubs? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, as in come General time that hill isn't worth dying on with voters and will subsequently hurt them. But the fuck do I know.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Yeah, as in come General time that hill isn't worth dying on with voters and will subsequently hurt them. But the fuck do I know.
    Okay, yeah. I hope you are right. Maybe actually seeing it get overturned will motivate people. Fuckers should've been motivated by this in 2016 though. 

Edit--plus if it's Mastriano and Barnett on the ballot, I think that will help motivate as those two, in addition to being election deniers (Mastriano breached the Capitol on 1/6 and Barnett refused to concede the race she lost by like 30% in '20) I think they're abortion views are more extreme than most republicans'.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Okay, yeah. I hope you are right. Maybe actually seeing it get overturned will motivate people. Fuckers should've been motivated by this in 2016 though. 
    Haha that's why I think I'm beyond disappointment. Every time I'd think, "OK this will be the moment." And it never is lol.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    I’m voting for Barnette in the primary. Don’t like McCormick, and Oz is a fraudulent Republican AND a fraudulent Pennsylvanian. So of course he has Trump’s endorsement. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Edit--plus if it's Mastriano and Barnett on the ballot, I think that will help motivate as those two, in addition to being election deniers (Mastriano breached the Capitol on 1/6 and Barnett refused to concede the race she lost by like 30% in '20) I think they're abortion views are more extreme than most republicans'.
    Oh, yeah, that's expectation - there's so much on the record to hammer these two on, especially Mastriano, that the PA Dem party knows it's a walk for Shapiro. They can just campaign that a Dem governor is the only thing holding back a fascist, womb-controlling, anti-choice state. But I hold no hope in the end that a Pennsylvania voter will be able to connect the dots. Or it will be wayyyy fucking closer than a reasonable person should expect it to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Oh, yeah, that's expectation - there's so much on the record to hammer these two on, especially Mastriano, that the PA Dem party knows it's a walk for Shapiro. They can just campaign that a Dem governor is the only thing holding back a fascist, womb-controlling, anti-choice state. But I hold no hope in the end that a Pennsylvania voter will be able to connect the dots. Or it will be wayyyy fucking closer than a reasonable person should expect it to be.
    Obviously the economy will still be the biggest factor by that point too. Need those crafty, educated, suburban women to save us. lol

It's hard to imagine that this is the best the republicans can come up with....well, actually it's not that hard. It's depressing, more than anything. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    man how talented is Josh Klinghoffer to step in and play drums for PJ on some songs last night? that's pretty nuts they could pull off a show with fill in drummers in a day.  Hope I don't get shows where something like that happens but pretty cool they could pull it off and seems like most people were satisfied with the show.  
  • Options

Obviously the economy will still be the biggest factor by that point too. Need those crafty, educated, suburban women to save us. lol

It's hard to imagine that this is the best the republicans can come up with....well, actually it's not that hard. It's depressing, more than anything. 
    Again, I thought whatever that last garbage thing they did would finally be the time that party exploded out of existence and/or became prime for some major reform. Lol but that's never happening.