Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    On another note, New York going 100% capacity July 1.  That Asbury Park festival is definitely going to happen.  I think there will be Pearl Jam shows this year.

Make you the same offer I made everyone in that thread who says things like 'for sure' and 'definitely' -- want to make a wager?  :)
    You can give me 10 to 1 odds -- at a definite status this should be easy to do.  I will put up a c note that it will not.

They all think I am a negative nancy....just a person who looks at the rest of the world (and the PNW, here) and says...yeah, those will cancel.  NJ and CA are not TX and TN.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    On another note, New York going 100% capacity July 1.  That Asbury Park festival is definitely going to happen.  I think there will be Pearl Jam shows this year.

Make you the same offer I made everyone in that thread who says things like 'for sure' and 'definitely' -- want to make a wager?  :)
    You can give me 10 to 1 odds -- at a definite status this should be easy to do.  I will put up a c note that it will not.

They all think I am a negative nancy....just a person who looks at the rest of the world (and the PNW, here) and says...yeah, those will cancel.  NJ and CA are not TX and TN.
    I'm getting emails about all sorts of random concerts. Pretty sure we are going full steam ahead at this point.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

I'm getting emails about all sorts of random concerts. Pretty sure we are going full steam ahead at this point.

Pretty sure?  You want to give me 5 to 1 with a pretty sure?
    LOL.
    I will lay down $50 to win $250 with you.
    $100 to win $1000 with Cliffy.
    I could make a killing!
    (I am not rooting against them doing these shows - I don't think Pearl Jam will go through with them if they are not still safe at that point in time & I hope they do them since that will most likely mean it is safe at that point.)
  • Options
    (I am not rooting against them doing these shows - I don't think Pearl Jam will go through with them if they are not still safe at that point in time & I hope they do them since that will most likely mean it is safe at that point.)
    Yeah I think they have rescheduled dates set up for the fall and are waiting until they are really sure it's gonna be safe to announce them. But otherwise this country is going back to pre-March 2020 for better or worse - that was my point. By the way, the un-vaccinated will be so in the path of this virus - bless their precious little hearts.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Same boat. Absolutely want these shows to happen, I just don't see it - especially anything scheduled pre-pandemic.
  • Options
    Johnny Abruzzo said: But otherwise this country is going back to pre-March 2020 for better or worse
    100%. Definitely for worse that's for sure.
  • Options
    Yeah -- the PNW is seeing the surge but that could not possibly happen elsewhere, right? 

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Hard to believe the "Ten" show was 5 years ago today.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Did you make it to that show Dave? What an epic night! The rest of the setlist was phenomenal too!

• Options
    That was a hell of a week - had my bachelor party at Jazz Fest earlier in the week, then into these two shows. Good times.
  • Options
    Now that I know this I think I'm gonna fire up the ol' projector on the deck and blast some shows tonight.
  • Options
    I believe I saw Dave before that show...bumped into him with the "Degenerate-A-Palooza" gear on and Dave said "Oh, you are one of them" -- :lol:  
    Perhaps that was the other Philly show?

• Options
    Did you make it to that show Dave? What an epic night! The rest of the setlist was phenomenal too!

yep i was there (both nights). :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I believe I saw Dave before that show...bumped into him with the "Degenerate-A-Palooza" gear on and Dave said "Oh, you are one of them" -- :lol:  

oh yeah I almost forgot about that. That was at the wishlist party at Xfinity Live i think?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Hungover as fuck to the ten show. Was awesome though 
  • Options

oh yeah I almost forgot about that. That was at the wishlist party at Xfinity Live i think?
    Yep.  We saw you again at a bar across from MSG for show 2 I believe?

• Options

Get your sig updated my man. 

• Options

Possibly, I don’t remember 😕

Yeah been awhile since I updated it 😆
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Possibly, I don’t remember 😕

Yeah been awhile since I updated it 😆
    I think I recall after someone sending pics around and seeing you standing next to my brother in one.
    Was all a blur.  A small group of us had an amazing lunch ( Martinis!  Steak!  🦞!) at Wolfgang's Steakhouse prior to heading over to the bar.  Was pretty lit up and chilled with beers to get ready for a great show.  Remember everything about the show but the lead up was a buzz.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    edited April 2021
    Here’s The Juggler getting plunked retro 1996. You can see the ball to the left of my helmet in the first pic. The second pic was me wandering around trying to get my bearings. Lol

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Was The Juggler a catcher?
  • Options
    Was The Juggler a catcher?
    No sir. My knees wouldn’t hold up catching. Usually played third base
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It is funny (well, not for you) to try and see where the ball is in relation to your bat/body and how squared you were. 
    I am sure that hurt like hell - would be interesting to watch high school ball on video, I have none of it. 
    Would love to see a homer I hit in a playoff game as a Junior and then the completely destroyed ball, foul, to left field that would have won our final game of the year during my Senior year had it stayed fair - it would have easily cleared the fence.
    We needed that win to make the playoffs.
    I struck out on the next pitch, and the kid after me struck out as well.
    There was no joy in Mudville.

Loved playing baseball, wish I would have found a way to continue playing but then I moved to LA to go to USC and there was no intramural baseball and I don't know what else I would have done.  At his point I have not played in nearly 30 years so that ship is long gone!

My older brother plays in a men's league as a 50 year old.  Hardball.  He limps around half of the week after his weekend games.  I am a "runner" now and that thrashes my body enough.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It is funny (well, not for you) to try and see where the ball is in relation to your bat/body and how squared you were. 
    I am sure that hurt like hell - would be interesting to watch high school ball on video, I have none of it. 
    Would love to see a homer I hit in a playoff game as a Junior and then the completely destroyed ball, foul, to left field that would have won our final game of the year during my Senior year had it stayed fair - it would have easily cleared the fence.

Loved playing baseball, wish I would have found a way to continue playing but then I moved to LA to go to USC and there was no intramural baseball and I don't know what else I would have done.  At his point I have not played in nearly 30 years so that ship is long gone!

My older brother plays in a men's league as a 50 year old.  Hardball.  He limps around half of the week after his weekend games.  I am a "runner" now and that thrashes my body enough.
    Yeah, one of the other coaches for my son's team plays in a men's league, and he said it's down to about five players after a few weeks. :lol:

It's nice to have someone who still actively participates in the game on the bench with us, though. 

I'm basically the coach who says "listen to coach."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I went to the first tryout at my college, the esteemed Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania......and then quickly realized how much that would've taken away from time better spent getting fucked up and I never went back. Lol. Those pics are actually from a legion game. One of the last games I ever played, actually. 

One of my friends from that team actually still plays in a men's league. He's like 42. But, yeah, I cannot imagine still playing baseball for that long. It would take away from all the time I spend getting fucked on the golf course nowadays. Hey. Oh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankind said:

Yeah, one of the other coaches for my son's team plays in a men's league, and he said it's down to about five players after a few weeks. :lol:

It's nice to have someone who still actively participates in the game on the bench with us, though. 

I'm basically the coach who says "listen to coach."

I can believe that about the injuries.  I was running yesterday and sprinted for about a quarter mile, which is the first time since tearing a tendon in my ankle that I have sprinted any great distance.  Even though I was about 3 miles into my run I still could feel the muscles being pushed to their limits.
    If I had to go from a basic "cold" status in the middle of a baseball game and then try to steal a base?  Not sure how long it would take me to injure myself but I am guessing it would happen the first time.  Muscles just don't work the same any longer.

I went to the first tryout at my college, the esteemed Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania......and then quickly realized how much that would've taken away from time better spent getting fucked up and I never went back. Lol. Those pics are actually from a legion game. One of the last games I ever played, actually. 

One of my friends from that team actually still plays in a men's league. He's like 42. But, yeah, I cannot imagine still playing baseball for that long. It would take away from all the time I spend getting fucked on the golf course nowadays. Hey. Oh.

I went to a few games at USC's legendary Dedeaux Field (home of the Trojans, winners of more College World Series titles than any other school - twice as many as the nearest competitor) as a freshman.  Watched the first inning and said to my buddy...."honestly, I could play 2nd base on this team based on what I just saw from the defense."   Then we watched them hit.  Then I moved down and watched the pitchers.
    It was a joke.  I was like the kid with the plastic glove next to them.  Bunch of guys who would play MLB and a bunch of other guys who were just really good and got a $25k scholly to play ball.
    I did have a buddy who walked on and made the practice squad for Football, but he ended up quitting after one year.  He got his ass kicked for hours every day and never even got to put a uniform on come game day.  Was basically a punching bag for the starters.
    Nah.

• Options
    Here’s The Juggler getting plunked retro 1996. You can see the ball to the left of my helmet in the first pic. The second pic was me wandering around trying to get my bearings. Lol

ouch!

I remember playing a pickup game with some local neighborhood kids in our back yard. I was pitching and one dude hit a liner at my leg. That hurt like a bitch. It was a softball too.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

ouch!

I remember playing a pickup game with some local neighborhood kids in our back yard. I was pitching and one dude hit a liner at my leg. That hurt like a bitch. It was a softball too.
    Oh man....you just reminded me of when I was like 8 or 9. Playing baseball in the backyard with a tennis ball. I was pitching. My buddy crushed one directly into my nuts. Hurt like hell. Yada yada yada----the fucking left testicle retreated and never came back down. So I had to have surgery to fix it. It fucking sucked. 

Then I had lingering soreness after the surgery, AS YOU CAN IMAGINE, but I wanted to still play baseball as this was during Little League season. It hurt when I would swing but, for some reason, it didn't hurt as much when I fucked around and tried to swing as a lefty. So I just continued hitting as left hander that year. I think I made the all star team that year too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Now we're talking. I am now coaching my daughter's pee wee team. It's like herding cats.
  • Options
    Haha.  Your buddy crushed your nut with a tennis ball?  That is a horrible story!