Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    Wobbie said:
    Oh, also, isn't Mr. Nightengale usually wrong tho?
    Yeah. Damn it. My post was supposed to say “guess were not signing Rendon”

haha

Looks like Heyman is saying they’re interested in Strasburg and Cole
    Back the fuck off on Cole
    We are approaching the ten year anniversary of a pretty cool moment in Phils/Yanks history, aren't we?

no, you’re approaching a cool moment in giants’ history.

”stee-rike!”

what did you all call him? R6 or something?
    That was 9 years ago, fella. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Wobbie said:

haha

We are approaching the ten year anniversary of a pretty cool moment in Phils/Yanks history, aren't we?

When Bonds' head officially became bigger than a watermelon?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    Wobbie said:

haha

”stee-rike!”

“approaching the ten year anniversary”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

haha

When Bonds' head officially became bigger than a watermelon?

red sox fans need not be making snide steroid comments. :no_mouth:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

haha

”stee-rike!”

“approaching the ten year anniversary”
    The one I was talking about was a couple weeks away, not 10 months. Beat it Gabe. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    Super pumped - Strand of Oaks at Boot & Saddle tonight. 
  • Options
    Yeah I will be in attendance tomorrow night. Expecting to not be able to hear anything until Monday
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I will be in attendance tomorrow night. Expecting to not be able to hear anything until Monday
    Nice! For sure. It holds 150 people and I'm assuming he'll be turning the amps up to 11.

Yeah, if you haven't been before get there early - it's a great bar.
  • Options
    Nice! For sure. It holds 150 people and I'm assuming he'll be turning the amps up to 11.

I've never been there. How early do you recommend? Think show is at 8:30 tomorrow
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I've never been there. How early do you recommend? Think show is at 8:30 tomorrow
    I figure it'll be packed by ~7:30-ish. If you want to get a seat at the bar, then 6:30, 7? Food's good, too, for a limited menu. Make a day out of it and go to PEP Bowl (byo) beforehand.

Parking in South Philly is....not fun, so if you can take the subway it's super easy.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    BOOT AND SADDLE! Have fun, fellas.

Last time I was there, maybe April, we met a bunch of lunatic canadians who were doing a sports tour of sorts.  They ended up there because they thought it was a Western bar....boy were they mistaken!  Was a blast though.  Hammered drunk.  A buddy owns a place at the Marine Club across the street so many a nights ended at Boot and Saddle.
  • Options
    This shit is pretty wild. I have heard some stories about some recent fights/issues, and it's hitting the fan.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/pond-lehocky-david-stern-law-firm-workers-comp-lawsuit-20191213.html

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    I wanted to go to at least one of the shows but forgot about them when they went on sale and lost out on Friday and Saturday. Could have gotten a ticket for Thursday's show before it sold out but I had to be at work at 6:30AM this morning so I passed. Might try and find one for Saturday (that day would be best for me since i'm off Sunday)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    I wanted to go to at least one of the shows but forgot about them when they went on sale and lost out on Friday and Saturday. Could have gotten a ticket for Thursday's show before it sold out but I had to be at work at 6:30AM this morning so I passed. Might try and find one for Saturday (that day would be best for me since i'm off Sunday)

Was able to go last night. Posted on the Strand of Oaks event's facebook page f anyone had an extra ticket and one girl responded (who I actually chatted to before about the band). She couldn't make it to the show and had a ticket at will call. Luckily I gave them her name and they let me in.  Solid hour and 15 minutes show. Was pretty damn tired though cause had to be at work at 6 that morning. Briefly met The Juggler before the show and afterwards.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Yoooo...was at the Italian market and drove by angelos....the line must be almost 3 hours long. half a block down the street. Fuuuuuuck that 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    so PJ  Wells Fargo late March Early April?  seems the greek guy said it's happening and they will be doing and east-southeast tour before Europe. hope it's true. much prefer indoors.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    so PJ  Wells Fargo late March Early April?  seems the greek guy said it's happening and they will be doing and east-southeast tour before Europe. hope it's true. much prefer indoors.
    Summarize, please and thank you. Tired looking at that thread and it’s complete nonsense. How the hell would they do US with no announcement yet that quickly  before Europe? Would love it, don’t see it 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    Thread had basically two different people confirming. Dates in northeast southeast and canada. Seem to confirm philly Toronto and at least one other Canadian city not Montreal and nashville for sure. Said no May dates so everything from late March to end of april. Said announcement possibly as early as this coming week but could fall to early january. The Greek guy and guy from Toronto who both seemed dialed in both said it’s a go.  I’m skeptical a bit too with no leaks to this point but that Greek guy has been on top of every tour for years. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Also tired if that thread but Dimi has nailed the last few, cold.
    Just need the dates, now.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yoooo...was at the Italian market and drove by angelos....the line must be almost 3 hours long. half a block down the street. Fuuuuuuck that 
    Pizza is overrated, certainly to a point where a line is not worth it. Especially a line borne from a douchebag's rec, on a douchebag website,, made for douchebags.

GIMME SOME SHOWS BABY
  • Options
    Lenny Dykstra has begun trolling OJ Simpson on Twitter. It was only a matter of time before someone did. And I guess Nails is the right man for the job. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Lenny Dykstra has begun trolling OJ Simpson on Twitter. It was only a matter of time before someone did. And I guess Nails is the right man for the job. 
    Talk about a couple of train wrecks. Jesus...

I will admit a strange fascination with OJ's account though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Talk about a couple of train wrecks. Jesus...

I will admit a strange fascination with OJ's account though.
    I do too. Frankly, I can't believe it took him so long to get on Twitter. The day it was announced that he was going to be up for parole, I said it was only a matter of time before TheRealJuice32 was on Twitter. It took way longer than I thought it would, but I almost had the name right. He ended up going with TheRealOJ32. 

I'm just sayin. Take care...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Is that just for their pizza? Do they have a separate line for everything else? I want a cheese steak on that seeded roll.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Is that just for their pizza? Do they have a separate line for everything else? I want a cheese steak on that seeded roll.
    1 line for everything. The place is tiny  The sandwiches look amazing.  I posted before but I do think the pizza is a bit overrated too.  Good, not the best thing ever.  I am sure you can get there when there is less of a line, but noon on a Sunday was insane.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited December 2019
    JK_Livin said:
    1 line for everything. The place is tiny  The sandwiches look amazing.  I posted before but I do think the pizza is a bit overrated too.  Good, not the best thing ever.  I am sure you can get there when there is less of a line, but noon on a Sunday was insane.
    Thanks. My wife and I stopped by there one day after the Preston & Steve Camp Out and they have a sign in the window that they were closed for the week. I felt like I was staring at Marty Moose.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Thanks. My wife and I stopped by there one day after the Preston & Steve Camp Out and they have a sign in the window that they were closed for the week. I felt like I was staring at Marty Moose.
    hahaha.  Yeah, he closes shop whenever he isn't around.  Also closes shop when the dough doesn't come out like he expects.  The rolls are basically sarcones.  He makes them in house, but he is married into Sarcones and has the recipe from what I understand.  Definitely plan to get sandwiches though, they look banging.
  • Options
    This is so bizarre

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    edited December 2019
    Pizza & Sammie's are banging 
    Having been a big fan of going there when in Haddonfield, I am stoked to hear he is killing it in Philly.
    Said it many times....get the Upside Down Jawn, and eat it hot.  
    If you think that is not awesome we just have different ideas of what a badass pizza tastes like.
    (The disclaimer, of course, is that I never waited in a line longer than 2-3 people per normal when you go in to get stuff.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    This is so bizarre

Yeah I hate the swoosh too
    chinese-happy.jpg