Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Tired Hands just opened a general store in the Comcast Building. Guess who’s brother in law works right next store? Giddy up

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    This one year deal makes me think there's something else to come.
  • Options
    Yeah why one year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    He wanted one year. So bizarre yanks had zero interest 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Yeah why one year?
    He’s betting on himself having a big comeback year. I think it’s a smart move by him
  • Options
    Couple mystery teams in the mix for Cole
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It ain’t you 
  • Options
    It ain’t you 
    I do not own a team. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It ain’t you 
    I do not own a team. 
    But you are a player on the eagles with all the We’s you’ve been dropping 
  • Options
    Wow. I liked the Harper contract from the beginning but it looks even better now. 

That’s ridiculous money for a pitcher. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow. I liked the Harper contract from the beginning but it looks even better now. 

Counterpoint, the yankees are a better and smarter organization and many people, many people are saying it’s scary that they’re only going after the right guys these days. If the Yankees don’t want them, you shouldn’t either 
  • Options

Counterpoint, the yankees are a better and smarter organization and many people, many people are saying it’s scary that they’re only going after the right guys these days. If the Yankees don’t want them, you shouldn’t either 
    This reads like a Donald Trump tweet.
  • Options

As it was intended to
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

Anyway, enjoy your day. It's definitely worth it.
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

Looking forward to the Tommy John surgery in a few years
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Anywho...Kris Bryant anyone? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

In the words of a very wise yankees fan...males shouldn't be jealous, that's a female trait.

But I guess its natural...

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/12/4/20996201/phillies-sign-zack-wheeler-starting-pitcher-mlb-free-agency
  • Options
    Anywho...Kris Bryant anyone? 
    Probably gonna take a minimum of Bohm and Howard/Medina.
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

In the words of a very wise yankees fan...males shouldn't be jealous, that's a female trait.

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/12/4/20996201/phillies-sign-zack-wheeler-starting-pitcher-mlb-free-agency
    Who's jealous of paying a pitcher 35 million a year? Not this guy, Cliff!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

I'm not paying the guy, you're not paying the guy.  Please if Middleton spent the money on Cole, you'd be calling the World Series now.
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

I'm not paying the guy, you're not paying the guy.  Please if Middleton spent the money on Cole, you'd be calling the World Series now.
    The contract is literally insane, dude. But congrats and good luck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

• Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

The point, however, remains. Best of luck. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

But the point is clearly irrelevant.
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

If you say so. Hey man, your team is definitely better right now. So that's awesome and congrats.

And if you end up winning a couple titles, this will obviously have been well worth it. If not.....yeesh. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

If you say so. Hey man, your team is definitely better right now. So that's awesome and congrats.

And if you end up winning a couple titles, this will obviously have been well worth it. If not.....yeesh. 
    I mean, of course. But they have the best young core of players on the cheap that they have had in 20 plus years, they have won 200+ Games over the past two seasons, could taste the World Series in 2 of the last 3 seasons and happen to be the richest team in the sport, while the only Missing piece is a true ace and the best pitcher in baseball is on the market.  If not now, then when. I didn’t think they’d do it because I didn’t trust Hal, but of course not winning will be yeesh.  Just why I think the contract is irrelevant if they were willing to do it. What’s the different between 280, 300 and 325 to this team right now? Nothing. 
  • Options
    I mean, that contract would be idiotic for the angels for sure and I’d be saying the same. This is different 
  • Options

As it was intended to
    ...uh huh.

I mean, of course. But they have the best young core of players on the cheap that they have had in 20 plus years, they have won 200+ Games over the past two seasons, could taste the World Series in 2 of the last 3 seasons and happen to be the richest team in the sport, while the only Missing piece is a true ace and the best pitcher in baseball is on the market.  If not now, then when. I didn’t think they’d do it because I didn’t trust Hal, but of course not winning will be yeesh.  Just why I think the contract is irrelevant if they were willing to do it. What’s the different between 280, 300 and 325 to this team right now? Nothing. 
    Yeah I’ll be pulling for the big ol’ yeesh. But like I said, best of luck. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    Oh, also, isn't Mr. Nightengale usually wrong tho?
    Yeah. Damn it. My post was supposed to say “guess were not signing Rendon”

haha

Looks like Heyman is saying they’re interested in Strasburg and Cole
    Back the fuck off on Cole
    We are approaching the ten year anniversary of a pretty cool moment in Phils/Yanks history, aren't we?

no, you’re approaching a cool moment in giants’ history.

”stee-rike!”

what did you all call him? R6 or something?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16