Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Will not allow me to type outside of the box no matter what I try.
    Oh well.
    That looks beautiful.  I'm a Santa Barbara snob but the Maine looks great.
    So sick of the weak ass uni in this area.  Was spoiled in LA with true SB (absolute best) Uni probably 75% of time at good places.
    I would devour some of that

Cliffy6745 said:
    For you, F me

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Also, nothing better/worse than big spend sushi at midnight or later.
    For me it is the start of the night.  Once I'm plowed I could eat par sushi and think it is extraordinary
    Like ordering JMXO vodka or some fancy Whiskey after you are already bent.  Fun but kinda a waste

Does the Four Seasons have a Mezcal option?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Love it.

Rob Thomson and Girardi...trying to become the 09 yanks?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785
    This is good. Don't know what this does about the roster, especially the rotation, but I'm happy.
  • Options
    Love it.

Also, don't forget about Brian Barber.
  • Options
    Love it.

Also, don't forget about Brian Barber.
    Ha yeah...I meant to mention him as well. The entire phillies organization is some combination of Baltimore and Yankees people  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Joe girardi it is 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Well I guess I’m on the Girardi bus now
    Out of Showalter, Baker, and Girardi I'll take Girardi by a mile.
    Same here. I could live with Showalter (though I wouldn’t like it), but I’d rather fucking Dykstra (or a loon of comparable looniness) than Baker. 
    I could see Dykstra managing this team if this were like eighty years ago or something.
    Who would hire Dykstra?

He'd be the next person to be banned for life from baseball...
    Maybe the White Sox from a hundred years ago?
    Dykstra is a shady dude and no one should hire him for anything reputable.
  • Options
  • Options
    Joe girardi it is 
    I like it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Same here. I could live with Showalter (though I wouldn’t like it), but I’d rather fucking Dykstra (or a loon of comparable looniness) than Baker. 
    I could see Dykstra managing this team if this were like eighty years ago or something.
    Who would hire Dykstra?

Dude. I guess I'm not making myself clear. I'm making a joke that if this were the 1920's or something, I think he would still have been able to remain in baseball and someone with his antics could've been regarded as a legend a hundred years later. 

Ty Cobb was a horrible person and he's like a folk hero at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    This is good. Don't know what this does about the roster, especially the rotation, but I'm happy.
    I concur.

And I also think this proves people were irrational to complain about them waiting an extra week to fire Kapler. As long as that didn't impeded them from getting their man, who gives a shit if it took longer than usual?

Go. Phils. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I concur.

And I also think this proves people were irrational to complain about them waiting an extra week to fire Kapler. As long as that didn't impeded them from getting their man, who gives a shit if it took longer than usual?

Go. Phils. 
    Yeah, thing is my gripe is with how that all played out. Doesn't make me feel good from an operating standpoint as of now.
  • Options
    I concur.

Go. Phils. 
    Yeah, thing is my gripe is with how that all played out. Doesn't make me feel good from an operating standpoint as of now.
    Totally get that. But there are plenty of people who were mad at the amount of time even before that stuff came out. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Who would hire Dykstra?

Dude. I guess I'm not making myself clear. I'm making a joke that if this were the 1920's or something, I think he would still have been able to remain in baseball and someone with his antics could've been regarded as a legend a hundred years later. 

I understood the joke at being for people 100 years ago. Black sox, 8 men out, yadda...

I just couldn't fathom his name EVER coming up for a managerial position ever!

Cobb is a hero just like Joey Albert Belle is to some.  Horrible human but beast of a player.
  • Options
    Please fucking do.
  • Options
    Who would hire Dykstra?

I understood the joke at being for people 100 years ago. Black sox, 8 men out, yadda...

I just couldn't fathom his name EVER coming up for a managerial position ever!

Cobb is a hero just like Joey Albert Belle is to some.  Horrible human but beast of a player.
    Haha....

From a pure baseball standpoint, I bet he'd be a good manager. At the very least he would be entertaining as hell, which is part of the reason why I think a lot more teams would've taken him on way way way back in the day. I can picture a nice segment on him in the Ken Burns doc. They'd have some old timey nickname for him too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Joe girardi it is 
    I like it. 
    yeah i'm down with it now. Took me awhile to accept it, but he's a proven manager.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    Joe girardi it is 
    I like it. 
    yeah i'm down with it now. Took me awhile to accept it, but he's a proven manager.
    Took you awhile? He was just hired this morning>LOL(i joke)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Looking for help with the Philly crew here.  Try to keep this story short.  Used to date a woman in NYC and she has a niece/nephew that was born into a bad situation and now she is their official guardian.  The kids (14) and I have remained close despite that relationship ending and I want to spend time with them.  Looks like my only option is to meet them somewhere they are a short bus ride from NYC so I'm thinking Philadelphia.  Questions:

1.  What part of town should I stay at to tour the city with one or two 14 year olds?
    2.  What sites are a must visit?
    3.  Any areas I should avoid?
    4.  Any other tips?

If this happens - will ask for where to eat after.  Please and thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    polaris_x said:
    Looking for help with the Philly crew here.  Try to keep this story short.  Used to date a woman in NYC and she has a niece/nephew that was born into a bad situation and now she is their official guardian.  The kids (14) and I have remained close despite that relationship ending and I want to spend time with them.  Looks like my only option is to meet them somewhere they are a short bus ride from NYC so I'm thinking Philadelphia.  Questions:

1.  What part of town should I stay at to tour the city with one or two 14 year olds?
    Don't know your budget, but right in the middle of the city near City Hall (like Broad & Market-ish) or in Old City (like 5th and Chestnut-ish) would be your best bet. You could also probably get an AirBnB in South Philly off of Passyunk for almost the same rates and get a whole house.
    2.  What sites are a must visit?
    Must visits for 14 year olds can be tough. Off the bat I'd say Eastern State Penitentiary, especially during Halloween. But if it's past Halloween then do the tour anyway. Also, the Mutter Museum is cool and weird. I mean there's the usual Constitution/Liberty Bell/yada stuff all within the same three blocks you can do. Easy to see, too, without spending any money. Other personal must-visits would be the Art Musuem (inside!), Franklin Institute. the Barnes (anything on Ben Franklin Parkway really), tour of City Hall/inside the Billy Penn statue if it's not closed. Go to a Sixers game. Reading Terminal Market. Italian Market for the Mexican.
    3.  Any areas I should avoid?
    I'd say the same tourist traps I mentioned, lol. But as long as you don't end up in Camden you're good. Everything between the rivers and south of like Girard Ave. and you're fine.
    4.  Any other tips?
    If they're from NYC then I'm assuming they'll have an appreciation for those that are straight-forward and border on what some may say is an "asshole." 
    It's a very walkable city.
    Rent some Indego bikes and ride around. Stay in the bike lanes and trails. People here are nuts if you ride on the roads.
    Also, something about cheesesteaks.....

If this happens - will ask for where to eat after.  Please and thanks!

See above.

That's very cool what you're doing.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Joe girardi it is 
    I like it. 
    Took you awhile? He was just hired this morning>LOL(i joke)
    :tongue:
    I was just surprised. Wasn't really expecting it to be him.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    They’re playing Halloween spectrum on Sirius right now and HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A DECADE AGO
  • Options
    They’re playing Halloween spectrum on Sirius right now and HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A DECADE AGO
    :smiley: re-listened to the show today. Still my favorite show that i've been to.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    :smiley: re-listened to the show today. Still my favorite show that i've been to.
    Great show but not in my top 5. Ten show was better.  We need more Wells Fargo shows but I imagine next will be citizens bank
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Great show but not in my top 5. Ten show was better.  We need more Wells Fargo shows but I imagine next will be citizens bank
    I dunno. Ten Show was great. But I'm not gonna shit on the Halloween show or any of those shows that week. The atmosphere, with everything else going on, made those shows even more special than usual.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    I dunno. Ten Show was great. But I'm not gonna shit on the Halloween show or any of those shows that week. The atmosphere, with everything else going on, made those shows even more special than usual.
    What else was going on?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:
    What else was going on?
    Come on now!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer