Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601

I’ve said it before, I’m not sure your World Series counts 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279

What division did they come out of that year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

Image result for that 70s show burn
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Can’t make the playoffs for 15 years straight. Gotta miss them at some point 
  • Options

Can’t make the playoffs for 15 years straight. Gotta miss them at some point 
    So...the AL East then
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Hate to see someone injured - but Arietta is such a collosal douche it doesn't make me sad to hear it about him.
    Damn I cannot stand that guy 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Hate to see someone injured - but Arietta is such a collosal douche it doesn't make me sad to hear it about him.
    Arietta got hurt? didn't hear that? Hopefully it isn't too serious.  Half of the pitching staff seems to be on the DL.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Might need surgery on bone spurs in his elbow/pussy
  • Options
    He’s a fucking turd
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited July 2019

https://www.businessinsider.com/bryce-harper-all-star-game-disaply-mlb-philadelphia-phillies-2019-7

Progressive Field is getting ready for the 2019 MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday night, but there's an embarrassing mistake in banners promoting the game.

Bryce Harper is heavily featured across the display, but he didn't make the cut for this year's All-Star Game in Cleveland.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Since his debut in 2012, Harper has taken part in every All-Star game except in 2014 when he was injured.

He didn't earn enough fan votes to be selected this season, and the players didn't vote him in as a reserve. Instead, J.T. Realmuto was voted to represent the Phillies in Cleveland.

After signing a $330 million contract with the Philadelphia Phillies this offseason, Harper's performance has been underwhelming.

He's hitting .253 with 105 strikeouts at the All-Star break. He's hit 16 home runs and 62 RBIs, but his OPS is down from .889 last season to .839.

The Phillies dropped into third place behind the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals after going 11-16 in June and will need Harper to help out on offense if they attempt a postseason run.

While Harper won't be in Cleveland in person, he'll certainly be hard to miss.

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Off to a great start in the second half 😡
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    Fuck Neris and Franco. Franco boots a routine ground ball and Neris only blows saves against the nats and braves
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

https://www.businessinsider.com/bryce-harper-all-star-game-disaply-mlb-philadelphia-phillies-2019-7

Progressive Field is getting ready for the 2019 MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday night, but there's an embarrassing mistake in banners promoting the game.

Bryce Harper is heavily featured across the display, but he didn't make the cut for this year's All-Star Game in Cleveland.

Since his debut in 2012, Harper has taken part in every All-Star game except in 2014 when he was injured.

He didn't earn enough fan votes to be selected this season, and the players didn't vote him in as a reserve. Instead, J.T. Realmuto was voted to represent the Phillies in Cleveland.

After signing a $330 million contract with the Philadelphia Phillies this offseason, Harper's performance has been underwhelming.

He's hitting .253 with 105 strikeouts at the All-Star break. He's hit 16 home runs and 62 RBIs, but his OPS is down from .889 last season to .839.

The Phillies dropped into third place behind the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals after going 11-16 in June and will need Harper to help out on offense if they attempt a postseason run.

Oh look a dumb post about the phillies.  didn't see that coming here.  they were going to the world series each of the last two junes haha

Basing Harper's performance on RBIs, batting average....is not smart.   the same people who love ryan howard are the ones ripping harper for not making the all star team (breaking news -- ryan howard made 2 all star teams in his career and he really only deserved one because he wasnt good).

harper has been good this year (8 years in mlb, hes already had his fifth best season in terms of WAR -- with 40% of the season still to go.  so if people don't think he's doing well then they really have no idea what he did in the last 7 years - not surprising w phillies fans).   his contract isnt great but for an awful franchise it was a necessary overpay in years.  He's a great player.  an all time player. the phillies got him at a price per year discount.  He's going to be here for over a decade and that's a good thing.

this franchise is a complete abomination.  The fact that they didn't sign machado because of a fucking newspaper fan poll is hilarious.  the fans didn't want machado because he didn't run out a routine ground ball was really a thing - because philly fans are really dumb as fuck.  no, we don't want one of the ten best players in MLB, who is in his prime, and plays a third base where we have a fat turd who cant have an OBP higher than his weight.  it's all just so stupid and deserving.  they had plenty of money to sign both and they chose jean segura and andrew mccutchen over machado.  haha

andy macphail traded cole hamels in his prime for a pile of shit (nick williams, mark appel, jorge alfaro, jarred eickoff, and 9 other players who suck my balls).  they cannot draft to save their life.  they pretend to be a big market but rarely spend big money on the international draft  -- and when they do they waste $3 on Jhailyn Ortiz, who hits as well as Dave Matthews sings.  they also signed two korean pitchers a few years ago and wasted $3 million - not surprisingly -  those guys never showed up in the majors.  The guy that signed those pitchers is probably the same guy trying to produce the next pearl jam album, which we all know is going to suck.  I'm hoping it never happens since I saw the beyonce xmas single and heard ole and cant deny me.  yikes.

mickey moniak the pick before nick senzel.  adam haseley the pick before keston hiura.  the turd they drafted this year before corbin carroll.  the failure to develop ANY semblance of pitching forever (hamels, nola, and nothing).  

JP crawford is better than fat boy segura.  the left side of the infield weighs more than the eagles starting defensive ends.  and why this team loves caesar hernandez is beyond me - he sucks.  I call him latin marlon anderson

I know they've been around longer than most, but there are an infinite number of reasons why this is the worst franchise in sports history.  They're a complete embarrassment.  Fire MacPhail.  I actually like Klentak and Kapler.  I hope this team loses until MacPhail gets canned -- until then nothing changes.  Klentak could be a good GM - MacPhail hired him to be his puppet and that's what has happened (minus the hiring of the new farm/development director, long overdue, which I bet Klentak was behind).

Anyone who thought this team had a chance to go anywhere is more dumb than the fans who believed in chip kelly.  aka all of philadelphia, the dumbest sports city in the country (but we're passionate).  

seriously, this franchise decided on two all time players in their prime with a newspaper poll.  how can you root for that kind of stupidity??????  

signed, 

whiskey, the white lady, and a nonmyopic view which lacks exemplary philly fan stupidity
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2019
    All I wanna know is did they bring Bambu to Miami?
    I love this spelling.  must have been typing right handed after some left handed action.  haha

I picture you staring at a picture of jobu when you typed bambu
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Oh look a dumb post about the phillies.  didn't see that coming here.  they were going to the world series each of the last two junes haha

Basing Harper's performance on RBIs, batting average....is not smart.   the same people who love ryan howard are the ones ripping harper for not making the all star team (breaking news -- ryan howard made 2 all star teams in his career and he really only deserved one because he wasnt good).

harper has been good this year (8 years in mlb, hes already had his fifth best season in terms of WAR -- with 40% of the season still to go.  so if people don't think he's doing well then they really have no idea what he did in the last 7 years - not surprising w phillies fans).   his contract isnt great but for an awful franchise it was a necessary overpay in years.  He's a great player.  an all time player. the phillies got him at a price per year discount.  He's going to be here for over a decade and that's a good thing.

this franchise is a complete abomination.  The fact that they didn't sign machado because of a fucking newspaper fan poll is hilarious.  the fans didn't want machado because he didn't run out a routine ground ball was really a thing - because philly fans are really dumb as fuck.  no, we don't want one of the ten best players in MLB, who is in his prime, and plays a third base where we have a fat turd who cant have an OBP higher than his weight.  it's all just so stupid and deserving.  they had plenty of money to sign both and they chose jean segura and andrew mccutchen over machado.  haha

andy macphail traded cole hamels in his prime for a pile of shit (nick williams, mark appel, jorge alfaro, jarred eickoff, and 9 other players who suck my balls).  they cannot draft to save their life.  they pretend to be a big market but rarely spend big money on the international draft  -- and when they do they waste $3 on Jhailyn Ortiz, who hits as well as Dave Matthews sings.  they also signed two korean pitchers a few years ago and wasted $3 million - not surprisingly -  those guys never showed up in the majors.  The guy that signed those pitchers is probably the same guy trying to produce the next pearl jam album, which we all know is going to suck.  I'm hoping it never happens since I saw the beyonce xmas single and heard ole and cant deny me.  yikes.

mickey moniak the pick before nick senzel.  adam haseley the pick before keston hiura.  the turd they drafted this year before corbin carroll.  the failure to develop ANY semblance of pitching forever (hamels, nola, and nothing).  

JP crawford is better than fat boy segura.  the left side of the infield weighs more than the eagles starting defensive ends.  and why this team loves caesar hernandez is beyond me - he sucks.  I call him latin marlon anderson

I know they've been around longer than most, but there are an infinite number of reasons why this is the worst franchise in sports history.  They're a complete embarrassment.  Fire MacPhail.  I actually like Klentak and Kapler.  I hope this team loses until MacPhail gets canned -- until then nothing changes.  Klentak could be a good GM - MacPhail hired him to be his puppet and that's what has happened (minus the hiring of the new farm/development director, long overdue, which I bet Klentak was behind).

Anyone who thought this team had a chance to go anywhere is more dumb than the fans who believed in chip kelly.  aka all of philadelphia, the dumbest sports city in the country (but we're passionate).  

seriously, this franchise decided on two all time players in their prime with a newspaper poll.  how can you root for that kind of stupidity??????  

signed, 

whiskey, the white lady, and a nonmyopic view which lacks exemplary philly fan stupidity
    :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    The Fixer said:
    He's a great player.  an all time player. the phillies got him at a price per year discount.  
    You emerge from wherever it is you dwell to say THIS? You're talking like he's Trout or something. 

But hey, I hope you’re right. I don’t wanna be logging in here five years from now saying I told you so because he sucks and we still have 7 years left of him. I want to log in five years from now and praise NL MVP Bryce Harper for leading the Phillies to a pennant. That'd be nice. But it's no given. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    edited July 2019
    The Fixer said:
    He's a great player.  an all time player. the phillies got him at a price per year discount.  
    You emerge from wherever it is you dwell to say THIS? You're talking like he's Trout or something. 

But hey, I hope you’re right. I don’t wanna be logging in here five years from now saying I told you so because he sucks and we still have 7 years left of him. I want to log in five years from now and praise NL MVP Bryce Harper for leading the Phillies to a pennant. That'd be nice. But it's no given. 
    i love how he thinks Harper is an all-time player after 7 years in the majors and hated Ryan Howard yet Howard's 1st 7 years were better than Harpers have been so far. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

signed, 

^
    Here's what this hypocrite said on March 27th:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6926776#Comment_6926776
    "I'll go with 86 wins as my prediction for this year.  Could win this division or get a wild card spot."

So...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

signed, 

^
    "I'll go with 86 wins as my prediction for this year.  Could win this division or get a wild card spot."

So...
    Yikes, the saddest aspect of that post is where he suggests Harper will break Bonds' homerun record. Does he mean the single-season record of 73 or the career record of 762? Either way.....no chance in hell.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

signed, 

^

So...
    Yikes, the saddest aspect of that post is where he suggests Harper will break Bonds' homerun record. Does he mean the single-season record of 73 or the career record of 762? Either way.....no chance in hell.
    My favorite Fixer post was a few years ago in the Big Five thread. He ridiculed Villanova's lack of success in March. Of course Nova would go on to win their first of two out of three national championships a few weeks later.....and Mr Fixer has yet to make an appearance in that thread since. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    So after 10 days in the Outer Banks I come back to see the wheels have completely fallen off for both the Phils and this thread.
  • Options
    So after 10 days in the Outer Banks I come back to see the wheels have completely fallen off for both the Phils and this thread.
    Should have stayed in OBX!

People calling the left side of the infield "fat" is hilarious. 
  • Options
    Make it stop!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    There was a funny exchange between McCarthy and Kruk before the game.

McCarthy: Last time the Phils took on the Dodgers, it was considered a litmus test of where the team stood. Well, they got swept.

Kruk: Tom, I don't know what "litmus" means but I know all about getting swept by the Dodgers. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    well that game was pretty pathetic. Wouldn't surprise me if we get swept by the Dodgers unless Nola is pitching one of the games.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

McCarthy: Last time the Phils took on the Dodgers, it was considered a litmus test of where the team stood. Well, they got swept.

Kruk: Tom, I don't know what "litmus" means but I know all about getting swept by the Dodgers. 
    Kruk's shtick is so early 90's
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Kruk's shtick is so early 90's
    That's why I love it! Bring back the 90's! Seinfeld, Pearl Jam, Michael Jordan, steroid-driven baseball...those were the days. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Bullpen? More like BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    What a bush league embarrassment.
  • Options
    Well that was wild