Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    I love that Mac and Sweet Dee are at Utley’s retirement ceremony. 

That was pretty cool. Having him throw out pitch to mac. Great marketing move.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Rough couple weeks, huh?

At least Nola looked good last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    pjhawks said:
    I love that Mac and Sweet Dee are at Utley’s retirement ceremony. 

That was pretty cool. Having him throw out pitch to mac. Great marketing move.
    very awesome! I had about 5 people on my facebook newsfeed that went to the game.  Too bad they wasted a good outing from Nola.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,607
    I don’t think a baseball manager has that big of am impact on the game but i thought from the beginning that girardi was the guy for the Phillies. I think it’s about that time.

That said, not sure how much you can blame steroid boy...there is not an attractive piece on the team at this point. Not a single one 
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    This is pathetic. Wasted two good pitching performance against THE FUCKING MARLINS??

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    THIS, right here, is a bunch of BULLSHIT, ladies and gentlemen. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    THIS, right here, is a bunch of BULLSHIT, ladies and gentlemen. 
    Image result for marvin the martian this makes me very angry
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

• Options

Yea cause the dbag yankee fans would take a 7 game losing streak well
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    I don’t think a baseball manager has that big of am impact on the game but i thought from the beginning that girardi was the guy for the Phillies. I think it’s about that time.

That said, not sure how much you can blame steroid boy...there is not an attractive piece on the team at this point. Not a single one 
    100% agree. This right now is at the feet of management/Klentak. Also the reason why Kapler won't be fired. I know that's contradictory on my part, but if Klentak fires Kapler then the heat is then fully on him.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Relax. It’s a joke, it’s true, it’s pretty funny and it got to me from Phillies fans
  • Options

100% agree. This right now is at the feet of management/Klentak. Also the reason why Kapler won't be fired. I know that's contradictory on my part, but if Klentak fires Kapler then the heat is then fully on him.
    This is true.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Same meme's gotta exist for Giants fans, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    pjhawks said:

Relax. It’s a joke, it’s true, it’s pretty funny and it got to me from Phillies fans
    I love the many faces of Rust Cole

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

No, it’s not even exciting on opening day or whatever it’s called in football
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

No, it’s not even exciting on opening day or whatever it’s called in football
    Oh. Okay.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

When a yankee fan mocks phils fans it's a dbag move. you know kinda like Jugglers Eli Manning obsession in the Giants thread :)
  • Options
    Fingers still crossed for that Eli extension. Come on Gettleman!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

When a yankee fan mocks phils fans it's a dbag move. you know kinda like Jugglers Eli Manning obsession in the Giants thread :)
    Juggs Manning obsession is approaching igotid levels.  Bringing Eli to a baseball fight in June is weak too, but I was gonna let it slide.

Why because the Yanks are currently rolling?  I didn't even see it as mocking.  It is a funny joke about how you guys were all pumped at the beginning of the year and it has gone south.  Apologies you're butthurt.
  • Options
    Kapler sucks but he isn't the main issue at the moment. Although I think moving the guys around the order all over the place doesn't help.  I also think the jerking around of Velasquez from starter to bullpen to starter hasn't been good. make up your mind on Velasquez and leave him somewhere. personally i think he should be in the bullpen.  that being said the offense is to blame for the current state. they have to be a whole lot better especially with all the bullpen injuries.  they need to stay engaged with the Braves and the wild card in the coming weeks before the All-Star break and then make a run in late july-august. they are not out of this yet. No way they can continue to be as bad as they have been this month and no way the Braves can stay on their torrid place.   
  • Options
    Yeah that's the other thing too. The timing of this slump just couldn't be worse with the Braves winning 15 of 20 at the same time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    26 games. All against the division. If they're out of it by the all-star game or like behind 4 teams in the wildcard then I'm all for selling.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    edited June 2019
    These next four series before the all-star break (four at home against the Mets, three at Miami, three at Atlanta, three at the Mets) is either where the team gets back on track, or where the season is lost. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Juggs Manning obsession is approaching igotid levels.  Bringing Eli to a baseball fight in June is weak too, but I was gonna let it slide.

Why because the Yanks are currently rolling?  I didn't even see it as mocking.  It is a funny joke about how you guys were all pumped at the beginning of the year and it has gone south.  Apologies you're butthurt.
    don't act like you yankee fans wouldn't be having a complete utter meltdown if they lost 7 in a row which was the point of my original post. hell you didn't nothing but bitch about cashman all off season

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

don't act like you yankee fans wouldn't be having a complete utter meltdown if they lost 7 in a row which was the point of my original post. hell you didn't nothing but bitch about cashman all off season

People lost their mind over the 10 game skid they just had.  Yes, I hated it and thought they were cheap, but looks like he was correct, outside of happ. One more pitcher and this team is scary good 
  • Options
    Still want manny on yanks though and think they should have signed him.
  • Options
    i don't think his personality would have played in New York.  the media would kill him for his lack of effort.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    i don't think his personality would have played in New York.  the media would kill him for his lack of effort.
    I think he would have been okay as long as he is good.  Cano did just fine and I don't think he ever ran out a grounder.