PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    3 games back after a horrible loss tonight. 
    That was painful 
    Hopefully that 3-game series at the end of September is actually meaningful.
    Gonna come down to the last couple weeks. 
    very frustrating past few weeks.  Hopefully starts getting better tonight.
    They won this afternoon 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    That was painful 
    They won this afternoon 
    oh didn't know they played in the afternoon, well least they won.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    That was painful 
    They won this afternoon 
    Haha
    I feel like you’re thrown off by these afternoon games frequently 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    Nola. what else can you say about his season so far?  On his way to Cy Young if they can win division.

i like Quinn.  Want to see more of him.  Been a while since Phils had a guy this fast.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Semi-related to the Phils: Here to announce another endorsement for "cutting the cord" and getting PS Vue - while in Montana I was able to watch the Phils on NBC Sports Philly. Apparently if you go anywhere in the country outside of your home market you'll also get said location's local channels and your home sports channels. Pretty cool.
    That was painful 
    They won this afternoon 
    Haha
    I feel like you’re thrown off by these afternoon games frequently 
    well i'm usually at work during the weekdays so that doesn't help.

Semi-related to the Phils: Here to announce another endorsement for "cutting the cord" and getting PS Vue - while in Montana I was able to watch the Phils on NBC Sports Philly. Apparently if you go anywhere in the country outside of your home market you'll also get said location's local channels and your home sports channels. Pretty cool.
    I've has PS vue for a little over a year.  I like it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    now are pitching sucks! (except for Nola) :angry:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Alright, now this is a dumb fucking move. Now they're getting desperate. You're just clogging up the outfield even further. Bautista isn't needed. Play out the season with the roster as it's currently constructed - if you get to the playoffs, hey, great. If not, that's fine as well.
    Alright, now this is a dumb fucking move. Now they're getting desperate. You're just clogging up the outfield even further. Bautista isn't needed. Play out the season with the roster as it's currently constructed - if you get to the playoffs, hey, great. If not, that's fine as well.
    Probably has more to do with Bour's injury more than anything else right? A little pop off the bench
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Probably has more to do with Bour's injury more than anything else right? A little pop off the bench
    I guess? Just stashing guys that aren't really good off the bench though is just clogging up the roster. Just play with house money and win, or lose (which they're doing a hell of a job of, btw!), with the guys you have. I don't care if they give up pennies for the guy. I'd rather play Hoskins at 1st and open up the OF and put Santana as a pinch bat then. 
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited August 2018
    dumb moves is what this team specializes in.  it's become pretty hilarious.  they are going to continue to be irrelevant as long as macphail is in charge -- keep losing and fire his ass please

at least they are finally realizing that odubel is fucking horrible.  only took them 2+ years
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    I guess? Just stashing guys that aren't really good off the bench though is just clogging up the roster. Just play with house money and win, or lose (which they're doing a hell of a job of, btw!), with the guys you have. I don't care if they give up pennies for the guy. I'd rather play Hoskins at 1st and open up the OF and put Santana as a pinch bat then. 
    hoskins in LF makes pat burrell look like rickey henderson.  he cannot play out there.  this franchise loves ruining their young guys.  the fact that kingery is being blocked by ceasar hernandez, crawford is blocked by asdrubel cabrera (he's gotta be the fattest SS ever), hoskins is playing LF because of the asinine carlos santana signing, etc, etc, etc.  Then you have all of their wasted first round picks of the last decade (early reports are that Bohm looks awful -- not promising for a college guy in short season ball). 

They are a horrible franchise, plain and simple
    edited August 2018
    8*28*98
    Anyone else's first show 20 years ago today?

My only PJ regret is not seeing them with the Mighty Jack Irons. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2018
    8*28*98

yeah, mine was.  Still remember telling my friends that the sweet home alabama was a dig at skynyrd in support of their relationship with neil young.  

I've come full circle as this is the first tour since 2008 that I have chosen to skip.  They need to focus on making songs that don't suck (can't deny me is awful) and spend less time promoting political propoganda and their latest $40 t-shirt of the week.  Also, stadium concerts are highly overrated.  I've really been off PJ since Vedder's stupid rant about not drinking too much at the beginning of the fenway show 2 in 2016.  

tons of bands out there making great music that I'd rather see live
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Wow, the hate/negativity that you throw down on this thread about the Phillies is pretty awe inspiring.

I had to wonder what you see when you look at other things in life?

If you were a beautiful young woman and you looked in the mirror, what would you see?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    The Fixer said:
    hoskins in LF makes pat burrell look like rickey henderson.  he cannot play out there.  this franchise loves ruining their young guys.  the fact that kingery is being blocked by ceasar hernandez, crawford is blocked by asdrubel cabrera (he's gotta be the fattest SS ever), hoskins is playing LF because of the asinine carlos santana signing, etc, etc, etc.  Then you have all of their wasted first round picks of the last decade (early reports are that Bohm looks awful -- not promising for a college guy in short season ball). 

You're not really wrong about any of this but man, you just seem like a miserable, miserable person. You periodically crawl out of your hole to whine and complain on a message board about a baseball team. Even when they were consistently winning their division you were complaining. You're not like this in real life are you? For the sake of those who actually know you, I hope not. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    8*28*98

I regret not going to these shows at all. Summer job and Crew kept me from doing many things that year.

Hot take: I miss shows in Camden.
    The Fixer said:

You're not really wrong about any of this but man, you just seem like a miserable, miserable person. You periodically crawl out of your hole to whine and complain on a message board about a baseball team. Even when they were consistently winning their division you were complaining. You're not like this in real life are you? For the sake of those who actually know you, I hope not. 
    nah, the phillies just piss me off as they're my favorite team in all sports.  I hate rooting for stupidity, which is what defines this team
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

yeah, mine was.  Still remember telling my friends that the sweet home alabama was a dig at skynyrd in support of their relationship with neil young.  

I've come full circle as this is the first tour since 2008 that I have chosen to skip.  They need to focus on making songs that don't suck (can't deny me is awful) and spend less time promoting political propoganda and their latest $40 t-shirt of the week.  Also, stadium concerts are highly overrated.  I've really been off PJ since Vedder's stupid rant about not drinking too much at the beginning of the fenway show 2 in 2016.  

You should really consider cancelling your membership.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    8*28*98

I regret not going to these shows at all. Summer job and Crew kept me from doing many things that year.

Just saw sturgill simpson and the war on drugs in camden a few weeks ago.  War on Drugs are solid, but Sturgill Simpson is a fucking beast.  That guy should never open for anyone ever
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

nah, the phillies just piss me off as they're my favorite team in all sports.  I hate rooting for stupidity, which is what defines this team
    Fair enough. I know the feeling. My favorite team in all of sports is the Miami Dolphins. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

yeah I know.  just auto renewed last month actually.  oh well

anyone else think they've mailed it in?  they haven't released an album in like 5 years.  haven't released a good album in over a decade.  The cubs DVD was a joke.  But t-shirts man, plenty of those available
    8*28*98

Agreed. I want them locked in a studio trying to rekindle that late 90's magic just one more time instead of these monster shows. 

Summer job, eh? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2018
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

anyone else think they've mailed it in?  they haven't released an album in like 5 years.  haven't released a good album in over a decade.  The cubs DVD was a joke.  But t-shirts man, plenty of those available
    How many bands that are almost 30 years in haven't mailed it in though? I mean they're all in their 50's at this point. I'm holding out hope for one last great album. I think it's in there somewhere.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

How many bands that are almost 30 years in haven't mailed it in though? I mean they're all in their 50's at this point. I'm holding out hope for one last great album. I think it's in there somewhere.
    I hear you but there are some.  Wilco is still making great music.  MMJ is 20 years in and their OBH festival in March was insanely good as they played all 7 of their studio albums in succession over 3 nights (no repeats like PJ does on multi-night runs in the same city).

I guess I'd just prefer to pay for bands who are presently good than pay premium prices for novelty acts.  Saw Deer Tick a bunch this summer, including a concert on a boat that cruised the boston harbor.  That was pretty bad ass - John McCauley is criminally underrated as a front man - both with Deer Tick and his other side projects (middle brother, diamond rugs, etc)

I hope PJ has one more good album/run in them -- sadly I'm not expecting that to happen
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

Yeah but it's still fun to go see them in concert. Stadium shows, lame DVDs, and a not-so-good single is better than nothing.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited August 2018
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

Fair enough. I know the feeling. My favorite team in all of sports is the Miami Dolphins. 
    People on this board will vouch for how fun it is to drink/party with me.  I def don't complain as much in person as I do about the phillies on this board.  But yeah, fuck andy macphail

ironically, I think the other three philly pro teams are pretty well run -- especially now that the Snake Family has been removed from the Sixers.  Flyers especially could make a huge jump towards contention this year and moving forward.
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

Yeah but it's still fun to go see them in concert. Stadium shows, lame DVDs, and a not-so-good single is better than nothing.
    Just not as fun as it used to be.  the Spectrum shows in 2009 were the pinnacle -- followed by PJ20.  Been downhill ever since
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    8*28*98

I hear you but there are some.  Wilco is still making great music.  MMJ is 20 years in and their OBH festival in March was insanely good as they played all 7 of their studio albums in succession over 3 nights (no repeats like PJ does on multi-night runs in the same city).

I guess I'd just prefer to pay for bands who are presently good than pay premium prices for novelty acts.  Saw Deer Tick a bunch this summer, including a concert on a boat that cruised the boston harbor.  That was pretty bad ass - John McCauley is criminally underrated as a front man - both with Deer Tick and his other side projects (middle brother, diamond rugs, etc)

I hope PJ has one more good album/run in them -- sadly I'm not expecting that to happen
    Yeah, some--not many.
    MMJ is awesome and probably my second fav band but PJ has been around almost a decade longer.  And Jim's only 40 while Ed's in his mid 50's now. PJ got a late start. 

When the hell is the Waterfall follow up coming out? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    8*28*98

Agreed. I want them locked in a studio trying to rekindle that late 90's magic just one more time instead of these monster shows. 

Summer job, eh? 
    I don't want them rekindling anything but getting weird. Like Binaural or Riot Act weird/different where people are piiiisssssed at the sound of it (fun fact: those people would not be me). But I get it - they're in their 50's, they have kids, they're spending their time and money on other things as well.

I'm well past touring days - after MT I'm now of the mind that I'll see them when they play here and when it makes for a good excuse for some place in the world I've been wanting to go. They're a part of the trip and not the only reason for the trip.

Oh, yeah. Maintenance hand to some Michael Keaton-looking motherfucker at an apartment complex. I got poison ivy on my.....where you never want to get poison ivy. I had huge financial aspirations like a summer shore house the following year and going to Best Buy to install a Pioneer CD player in my truck. Ya know - priorities, man. 9/1/00 would be this guy's first show.