PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    edited July 2018
    I've been hoping Quinn could stay healthy. I've always liked his tools, and thought he'd be the breakout star on this team but just could never put it all together with the injuries.
    You know how I know that you're gay?  ^^^

(*I hope you watched the video clip from 40 yr old virgin that Cliffy posted...lol)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I've been hoping Quinn could stay healthy. I've always liked his tools, and thought he'd be the breakout star on this team but just could never put it all together with the injuries.
    You know how I know that you're gay?  ^^^
    Nothing gets me more aroused than a great 60 time.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited July 2018

Lil' separation this weekend, eh gents? 3 of 4 against the Reds whilst the Bravos wilt against LA would juuust be lovely.......

GO PHILS

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I like the pickup, but not sitting easy with me to give up Kilome for Cabrera...

Still can't believe they're buyers at the deadline. Crazy.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    juggler getting al fired up as if it was 2010.

wait. what?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I like the move.
    Would've wanted them to take a flyer on Hamels though. I know he's been bad this year but him in a pennant chase and I trust him more than Pivetta. Cubs didn't give up much too. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited July 2018
    Finally get to see Sturgill Simpson live in a few hours.  I like War on Drugs, but I really wish Sturgill was the headliner tonight.  Hopefully he plays for 1.5 hours.  Also bummed that JD McPherson is tomorrow instead of today.  Should be a good one tonight though

Phillies trade was stupid.  Ass dribble is not good and crawford is coming back -- move makes no sense.  They're going to ruin crawford like they ruin every other decent prospect who comes through their system. 

I have no idea how this horseshit roster is winning games.  Still think they finish third in the division.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    The NL is horrible 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    edited July 2018
    The Fixer said:
    Phillies trade was stupid.  Ass dribble is not good and crawford is coming back -- move makes no sense.  They're going to ruin crawford like they ruin every other decent prospect who comes through their system. 

I have no idea how this horseshit roster is winning games.  Still think they finish third in the division
    You should enjoy what's going on now in the moment rather than projecting misery down the road. Apply that not only to your approach to sports fandom, but to life in general.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018
    Hoskins with his 7th of the week. BEAST. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    The plate ump tonight is awful.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    philly was a mess last night.  Between the Eagles show at CBP and the Pumpkins at Wells Fargo.  Getting in and out of the venue was a pain.  95 north was backed up for awhile going there (luckily i had my phone on google maps and told me to get off at the 291 exit before it got really bad).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Didn't get to watch the game today but old Castillo was back for a day.  He was so awesome last year....hope he can return to form.  3 out of 4 from the 1st place Phillies - good stuff.
    Not trilled with these fuckers going to Boston like this. Fuck price tomorrow 
    Nola on the mound tonight. Hoping for a split.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Their bats haven't been that hot. Some low scoring games recently with timely hitting.  Tonight would be big.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    Their bats haven't been that hot. Some low scoring games recently with timely hitting.  Tonight would be big.
    shouldn't you be more worried about what player the Yanks are going to buy next?  Maybe with the Nats imploding and Judge hurt you can pry Harper from the Nats. 

pjhawks said:
    shouldn't you be more worried about what player the Yanks are going to buy next?  Maybe with the Nats imploding and Judge hurt you can pry Harper from the Nats. 

This is stupid but I'll bite.

Yes, the Yankees should be worried about every game Boston plays so as to not get stuck in the wild card game.

No, the Yankees are not looking at buying players, at least not now.  In fact, it seems like Philly fans are beating a much louder drum about signing/trading for Machado and/or Harper.  Yanks fans seem indifferent to both at the moment since if you haven't noticed, the Yankees are largely filled with home grown players (outside of Tanaka/Stanton, who was a trade/Ellsbury (lolL)) and have the 2nd best record in baseball on track for 100+ wins. The Phillies look like they'll be filled with martyrs a lot sooner than the Yanks. But yeah, try again.

So yeah, I am much more worried about the leader in the AL East than any signing.
    pjhawks said:

Yes, the Yankees should be worried about every game Boston plays so as to not get stuck in the wild card game.

No, the Yankees are not looking at buying players, at least not now.  In fact, it seems like Philly fans are beating a much louder drum about signing/trading for Machado and/or Harper.  Yanks fans seem indifferent to both at the moment since if you haven't noticed, the Yankees are largely filled with home grown players (outside of Tanaka/Stanton, who was a trade/Ellsbury (lolL)) and have the 2nd best record in baseball on track for 100+ wins. The Phillies look like they'll be filled with martyrs a lot sooner than the Yanks. But yeah, try again.

So yeah, I am much more worried about the leader in the AL East than any signing.
    i just brought up Harper because I know how much you don't want him.

Agree the division is so much more important than a wild card.  Going to suck that one of those 2 teams is going to possibly win 100 games and still have to play a one game wild card.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Bad weekend and now we have a NY Mess stink on us.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Agree the division is so much more important than a wild card.  Going to suck that one of those 2 teams is going to possibly win 100 games and still have to play a one game wild card.

It should be 3 games, and I am obviously biased this year, but it can be done.  Last game of the season to a 3 game series starting the next day to the start of the DS the day after it ends.  Start the other DS after a day off so you still have the DS start.  The wild card team is still at a significant disadvantage having to burn up to 3 pitchers while the division winner can line it up however they way..

Baseball is 162 games of largely 3 game series. One and done only happens in a game 5 or 7.  It will give the better wild card team an advantage while making the owners more money and will align more with what baseball is on a day to day basis.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

It should be 3 games, and I am obviously biased this year, but it can be done.  Last game of the season to a 3 game series starting the next day to the start of the DS the day after it ends.  Start the other DS after a day off so you still have the DS start.  The wild card team is still at a significant disadvantage having to burn up to 3 pitchers while the division winner can line it up however they way..

Baseball is 162 games of largely 3 game series. One and done only happens in a game 5 or 7.  It will give the better wild card team an advantage while making the owners more money and will align more with what baseball is on a day to day basis.
    agree 100%. plus it would make a wild card team tax their bullpen more in that 3 game series giving the division winner a little bit more advantage in the divisional series.  there is no reason they can't fit in a 3 game series. they take too many days off in the playoffs. baseball players are used to playing 6 games in 7 days. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

agree 100%. plus it would make a wild card team tax their bullpen more in that 3 game series giving the division winner a little bit more advantage in the divisional series.  there is no reason they can't fit in a 3 game series. they take too many days off in the playoffs. baseball players are used to playing 6 games in 7 days. 
    Very much aligned.  Hell they go 3 weeks without an off day at times.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Very much aligned.  Hell they go 3 weeks without an off day at times.
    yup, it's actually kind of nuts how few days baseball teams get off during a season.  it's like 3 a month

i always had the crazy idea that if they wanted to have less days for that wild card playoff series have games 2 and 3 scheduled as a double header on the same day if game 3 necessary.  play day-night double header. imagine the wackiness of a day like that for the fan base.
    But regardless, always want the Phillies to do well, but this week I'm all in.  Go Phils lol
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    pjhawks said:

I think with 2 months, and almost 60 games left, with the NYY only 4 games back in the "L" column the NYY do not need to worry about what the Red Sox are doing. Especially since they have 10 games VS the Red Sox.  I could you see you being concerned if it was September. LONG way to go.

I'm anxious to see Nola tonight. Phillies need to get back on track after losing 3 in a row to the Reds.
    Holy base running 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    Nola pitched one hell of a game tonight. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    Nola pitched one hell of a game tonight. 
    Yes he did. 
    edited July 2018
    I know this will upset Juggler but yea Herrera is annoying.

Also thought Kapler should have had Herrera try to steal in the 13th.  lead off walk and stand there waiting for a home run or multiple hits.  unlike the Sox who did steal and won the game with a hit.

Post edited by pjhawks on