Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    JK_Livin said:
    Very disappointing about Altherr. I hope he turns it around.
    He whiffs at breaking balls.  they throw him that low and away breaking ball and he misses it constantly.  Hopefully he can get it back.

Chase back in town for last time unless Phils meet Dodgers in playoffs. Hopefully the weather cooperates.  shitty weather for July.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    The vanilla peanut butter ice cream at John's is the best ice cream in the city.

That is all.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    I don't generally eat ice cream, but vanilla peanut butter sounds pretty good.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I do maybe once a month in the summer at John's and then maybe once or twice a year when the truck is rolling down the street and I'm sitting on the porch.

But yes, it is outstanding.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    I do maybe once a month in the summer at John's and then maybe once or twice a year when the truck is rolling down the street and I'm sitting on the porch.

A Chipwich from the Pederast Mobile usually hits the spot.
  • Options

A Chipwich from the Pederast Mobile usually hits the spot.
    Indeed.  Pederast mobile hahah. 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    I gotta go with the chocolate peanut butter ice cream. This place Jojo's near me had the best, but then it got shut down for health violations. Only god knows what was walking on top of my two scoops...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Winning in 16 without having to use Sir Anthony? Yes please. 

12:30 start today—man those guys are gonna be wiped. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I gotta go with the chocolate peanut butter ice cream. This place Jojo's near me had the best, but then it got shut down for health violations. Only god knows what was walking on top of my two scoops...
    This is an incorrect take.  Reeses, yes, Ice cream, vanilla. 
  • Options
    Interestingly enough, anyone who takes vanilla over chocolate when combined with peanut butter is, in fact, a psychopath.
  • Options
    Interestingly enough, anyone who takes vanilla over chocolate when combined with peanut butter is, in fact, a psychopath.
    Not true.  We shall bring the little ones to John's and you will be proven wrong.  Creamy vanilla with peanut butter that has a little bite to it, not a lot, but firmed up a bit being frozen. 
  • Options
    :rofl:
  • Options

I made it to the 14th on TV last night then called it a night. good win though. don't want to lose the 1st 2 and have such an early start today. 

I like Austin Davis.  Been a nice solid lefty out of the bullpen.

Raise your hand if you new Trevor Plouffe was on the team before this series and/or if you knew he had over 100 career major league home runs.  
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    pjhawks said:

I made it to the 14th on TV last night then called it a night. good win though. don't want to lose the 1st 2 and have such an early start today. 

I like Austin Davis.  Been a nice solid lefty out of the bullpen.

Raise your hand if you new Trevor Plouffe was on the team before this series and/or if you knew he had over 100 career major league home runs.  
    The baby woke up around midnight and I fed her, looked at my phone and I think this was in the 12 and there were like 6 other games that were tied.  Seemed like a pretty insane night of late night baseball.
  • Options
    :rofl:
  • Options
    I'll post it here before I go worldwide - though, I'm not expecting much of a response - I am selling my other 10C GA Pit ticket for the Missoula show. The wife and baby will be back at the house while I enjoy myself, therefore I now have an extra ticket to get rid of. Let me know if for some reason you find yourself in Montana in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Tempting to buy and leave my wife in her seats....our seats here are pretty good,  though.  
    Also, she would kick me in the nuts.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Getting back to the radio discussion....yeah, at work, too. Love firing up the ol' at bat on days like this and having Franske and LA on in the background....

Looking good so far too. Gotta be deflating for the Dodgers to lose like that last night and then get up and play a game just after noon.

Please hold onto this. Would be a pretty satisfying series victory....

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tempting to buy and leave my wife in her seats....our seats here are pretty good,  though.  
    The other pain in the ass in all this is you can't transfer/sell both of your tickets, only one.

But this works out well for the most part - as much as I'd like to bring her into the pit - I can now go ahead and get completely hammered.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The other pain in the ass in all this is you can't transfer/sell both of your tickets, only one.

But this works out well for the most part - as much as I'd like to bring her into the pit - I can now go ahead and get completely hammered.
    I hope this all works out. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Me too. Good luck!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

True!
  • Options
    dankind said:

Me too. Good luck!
    Shouldn't be too hard to unload. I've been following some threads and people are pretty quick to scoop up 10C GA. Super pumped for Montana though.
  • Options
    dankind said:

Me too. Good luck!
    Shouldn't be too hard to unload. I've been following some threads and people are pretty quick to scoop up 10C GA. Super pumped for Montana though.
    Even standing at the back of that GA section you are super close, based on map.  No reason to stress, people are going to jump on it.
  • Options
    Phils win season series vs Dodgers too, 4-3

Onward/Upward...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Onward/Upward...
    really nice series win.  
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Onward/Upward...
    really nice series win.  

Best of the year thus far? Against best team in NL who got the player the Phils were targeting and they had to come back to win both games. Fought hard in the first one too. Pretty impressive.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Onward/Upward...
    really nice series win.  

Best of the year thus far? Against best team in NL who got the player the Phils were targeting and they had to come back to win both games. Fought hard in the first one too. Pretty impressive.
    Yeah, I think you're right. What's crazy is I've never felt more detached with a Phillies team in 1st place at this point in the season.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    pjhawks said:

Onward/Upward...
    really nice series win.  

Yeah, I think you're right. What's crazy is I've never felt more detached with a Phillies team in 1st place at this point in the season.

Well....if you think about, this is really only the third core team that's been in first this late in the season in your lifetime (93, 05ish-11 teams, and this one).

Fuck that's depressing...but, yeah, get on board man!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Onward/Upward...
    really nice series win.  

Well....if you think about, this is really only the third core team that's been in first this late in the season in your lifetime (93, 05ish-11 teams, and this one).

Fuck that's depressing...but, yeah, get on board man!

I know! It sucks! It's just surreal that a team that lost 90+ games the past three seasons are all of a sudden in an upswing and they totally blew through the gradual improvement phase. And they don't do any one thing necessarily great - I mean other than the top of the rotation clicking, and bullpen falling in-line. They just stay in games. It's great. But as a team I'd say they're kinda.....faceless.

Also, there's the whole baby and other crap now in the way of life. Oh, and being an old piece of crap that's been falling asleep at 9:30.