Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    I remember watching PJ20 at The Franklin Institute; the Immagine film at Wayne movie theater.
    No one has a problem with a one-month-ish-old in a movie theater right?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I remember watching PJ20 at The Franklin Institute; the Immagine film at Wayne movie theater.
    Yeah the franklin institute set up was sweet. That whole after dark set up. Good time
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,903
    JP's been crushing it the last two months....so naturally the Phils are moving him to third because FRED GALVIS is blocking him at short. Come the fuck on. Galvis has actually played third before. Just move him over there if you're intent on sitting Franco. I read they are thinking of moving Kingery somewhere too to get him at bats. Galvis, Cesar, and tommy Joseph are place holders. I don't understand why these guys would be blocking their top prospects from coming up. 

Young Hoskins went deep AGAIN today??
    and again today.  although Nola struggled

Yeah the franklin institute set up was sweet. That whole after dark set up. Good time
    oh yeah forgot it was played there as well. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Yeah I sawpj20 in a theater too but it wasn't a Cubbies butt fuck session.
    I don't care about seeing this one on the theatre
     Fenway was better
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
     Fenway was better
    I thought wrigley killed fenway.  I was at Fenway 2 and Vedder lectured the crowd about not drinking too much after their first song (apparently there were some fights night 1) -- Then the venue conveniently ran out of beer.  I thought that show was really disappointing overall
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better
    I thought wrigley killed fenway.  I was at Fenway 2 and Vedder lectured the crowd about not drinking too much after their first song (apparently there were some fights night 1) -- Then the venue conveniently ran out of beer.  I thought that show was really disappointing overall
    From the guy that swills wine on stage and falls down occasionally. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better
    Original Wrigley was more fun than Fenway but I cannot say for sure on Wrigley Second Round as I didn't go - just was judging from setlists and reactions from people who went. 

What section were you in @ Fenway that ran out of beer?  I drank a shit-ton of beer before and cannot recall when I had my last beer during the show, but I think my wife went and got us beers about halfway through.  (I wasn't leaving my seats until the show was over.)
    There was some piece of ass sitting in the row in front of us who was singing her heart out.  She kept engaging me for high fives and to 'sing together.'  Thought my wife was going to dump a beer on her head.  :lol:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better
    Original Wrigley was more fun than Fenway but I cannot say for sure on Wrigley Second Round as I didn't go - just was judging from setlists and reactions from people who went. 

What section were you in @ Fenway that ran out of beer?  I drank a shit-ton of beer before and cannot recall when I had my last beer during the show, but I think my wife went and got us beers about halfway through.  (I wasn't leaving my seats until the show was over.)
    There was some piece of ass sitting in the row in front of us who was singing her heart out.  She kept engaging me for high fives and to 'sing together.'  Thought my wife was going to dump a beer on her head.  :lol:

Haha.  I had 10 club seats for that show.  Don't remember what section number, but we were in the 2nd or 3rd row off the field, down the 3rd base line (mccready's side).  Technically good seats, but the tough thing with those stadium shows is that you're still miles from the stage.  After Vedder told us not to get too drunk I started double fisting so I don't remember what time they ran out of beer

I'm probably biased about the fenway shows because I think boston sucks.  Most of their bars have last call around midnight.  Weak
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    I enjoyed the hell out of Fenway.  I thought the setlist was a little up and down with slow stuff, fast stuff, slow stuff...but I had a blast.  I didn't have a problem with beers in my section either.

• Options
    I enjoyed the hell out of Fenway.  I thought the setlist was a little up and down with slow stuff, fast stuff, slow stuff...but I had a blast.  I didn't have a problem with beers in my section either.

I couldn't get past the start -- getting lectured then 5-6 slow tunes pissed me off.  I had more fun talking politics with your sister-in-law at The Tam the night before haha.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better

Haha.  I had 10 club seats for that show.  Don't remember what section number, but we were in the 2nd or 3rd row off the field, down the 3rd base line (mccready's side).  Technically good seats, but the tough thing with those stadium shows is that you're still miles from the stage.  After Vedder told us not to get too drunk I started double fisting so I don't remember what time they ran out of beer

I'm probably biased about the fenway shows because I think boston sucks.  Most of their bars have last call around midnight.  Weak
    Yeah I had 10C seats and was a handful of rows up down the right field line.  Could see very well from that section.  I was already good and buzzed when we took to our seats.  A certain fucker on these boards and I were pounding beers just before going in like we would never drink again.
    I like Boston in some ways and in some ways agree that it sucks.  Lotsa fucking meatheads -- although this area may have it beaten in that regard.  I grew up going to Fenway, so to me it was my favorite place so far of seeing PJ. 
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

I couldn't get past the start -- getting lectured then 5-6 slow tunes pissed me off.  I had more fun talking politics with your sister-in-law at The Tam the night before haha.
    HA. Dude, you let 2 sentences from the lead singer ruin your night.

I did see some dummy like 2 songs in go sprinting past the security to try to sneak/get on the field and got absolutely laid out.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better

Yeah I had 10C seats and was a handful of rows up down the right field line.  Could see very well from that section.  I was already good and buzzed when we took to our seats.  A certain fucker on these boards and I were pounding beers just before going in like we would never drink again.
    I like Boston in some ways and in some ways agree that it sucks.  Lotsa fucking meatheads -- although this area may have it beaten in that regard.  I grew up going to Fenway, so to me it was my favorite place so far of seeing PJ. 
    I have spent a lot of time in Boston over the past 10 years for work.  I generally like the city, a lot more that I thought I would.  Sucks that bars close so early and everything was shut down after the show.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better

I have spent a lot of time in Boston over the past 10 years for work.  I generally like the city, a lot more that I thought I would.  Sucks that bars close so early and everything was shut down after the show.
    Odd, we went to two different bars and drank for a while after Sunday's show.  We knew where we were going, though.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better

Odd, we went to two different bars and drank for a while after Sunday's show.  We knew where we were going, though.
    We didn't look too hard.  Rolled by the one we were at before the show and then one near the place we were staying.  Both were closed.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

HA. Dude, you let 2 sentences from the lead singer ruin your night.

I did see some dummy like 2 songs in go sprinting past the security to try to sneak/get on the field and got absolutely laid out.
    That and the first five songs killing the atmosphere

• Options
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better

We didn't look too hard.  Rolled by the one we were at before the show and then one near the place we were staying.  Both were closed.
    You guys got tossed out of that bar pre-show too right?  Because you were sitting at a table or something.

Yeah, not a fan of boston
  • Options
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
     Fenway was better

You guys got tossed out of that bar pre-show too right?  Because you were sitting at a table or something.

Yeah, not a fan of boston
    Forgot about that.  Yeah, one of the bars right by Fenway didn't let us stay because we were at a table outside and not eating, plenty of drinking though.  Then we met you at that pub which was cool.
  • Options
    Went to Bukowski Tavern and then Dillon's when more people from our group showed up so that we could get booze as well as beers.
    Helped that a local tipped us off about Bukowski's and we made it over there before the big rush.

• Options
    Hoskins goes deep again, leiter jr. pitching a no no thru 5.  go phills!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Hoskins goes deep again, leiter jr. pitching a no no thru 5.  go phills!
    just ignore the no hitter thing :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    The kid is on pace for 81 home runs. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    ^10 walks too. Love his approach at the plate.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

R

H

Y

S

STRIKES AGAIN

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Updated

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Rhys Lightning!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Updated

who's story? 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Rhys Lightning!

BEAST HOSKINS!

^Trevor Story--Rocks

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If this kid hits a shit load of home runs and no one is there to see it, does he really hit a shit load of home
    runs?
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Rhys Lightning!

BEAST HOSKINS!

^Trevor Story--Rocks

oh yeah, forgot about him.  Haven't heard too much about him this year though.  Guessing the Delgado is Carlos?  Are there any other Delgados in MLB?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD