Options

Irish Show!!! 8th Of July - Trust Me On This

Comments

• Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    i cant see it myself personally (although would be nice if they came back our way again - even better if they came up north to belfastinium!!!)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    leash wrote:
    anyone got any more info for this rumour?
    no word yet... snow patrol are practically confirmed aren't they? But they do need 2 headliners so who knows.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    belfast1 wrote:
    i cant see it myself personally (although would be nice if they came back our way again - even better if they came up north to belfastinium!!!)
    yeah, i need an excuse to go to belfast. never been to the north!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    no word yet... snow patrol are practically confirmed aren't they? But they do need 2 headliners so who knows.

Snow Patrol are confirmed. I got an email from their official website last week.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Yup... still holding out for a second headliner! (how about pearl jam doing the tent in the campsite for three nights ala Jerry Fish and The Mugbug Club!!!!!.... damn my wishful imagination :) ...)
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    Ya know what's interesting??? :):):) The Who are playing Marlay Park on the 29th June :):) . That means the Marlay Park concerts are in June soooooooooo... while The Who playing there is great news in itself... I wonder if these dates actually mean anything :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yeah your sister and Damien rock, and Wolfamongstwolves rocks......and Jenny rocks.......am I missing anyone??? :D

Ehemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :mad:

The Stones are 90% confirmed for Slane :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

:eek: gonna be a great concert year then :) the stones in slane, the who in marley park, pearl jam in vicar st :):):)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    :eek: gonna be a great concert year then :) the stones in slane, the who in marley park, pearl jam in vicar st :):):)

average of each band member is 86!! average ticket price will be 86!!!

funny that.. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    average of each band member is 86!! average ticket price will be 86!!!

funny that.. :)
    Yep, can't see them doing too well in Scotland :p

Anyway fuck it, if it's someone I want to see, and I happen to have the money... I go :) instead of sitting at home smugly telling myself how I managed to save 86euro by not going to see a legendary band whose music I love and who I won't get many more chances to see.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Yep, can't see them doing too well in Scotland :p

Anyway fuck it, if it's someone I want to see, and I happen to have the money... I go :) instead of sitting at home smugly telling myself how I managed to save 86euro by not going to see a legendary band whose music I love and who I won't get many more chances to see.

Exactly!
  • Options
    The Who are playing Cork on 30th, too. Perhaps a bit of a co-headlining show? I bet PJ would just love to play with The Who in Cork to end the tour...*cough*
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    Tombourine wrote:
    The Who are playing Cork on 30th, too. Perhaps a bit of a co-headlining show? I bet PJ would just love to play with The Who in Cork to end the tour...*cough*

Where are these tour dates coming from?
  • Options
    moho wrote:

MCD are promoting the Dublin gig (mcd.ie), Aiken the Cork gig (aikenpromotions.com). They're probably on The Who's site, I assume.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    Tombourine wrote:
    MCD are promoting the Dublin gig (mcd.ie), Aiken the Cork gig (aikenpromotions.com). They're probably on The Who's site, I assume.

Well after seeing news on the tour i went onthe who site and they're not listed, well they weren't about 4 hours ago... I guess they just haven't posted them up officially?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

what the fuck!!! :eek:

i was saying isn't it funny that their ticket prices have went up in correlation with their average age!!

i am sitting smugly at home however as I've seen the Stones, and i have plenty of money... and don't try and lecture me on legendary bands sistah, you hadn't even heard a Led Zeppelin song until 6 months ago :p;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    what the fuck!!! :eek:

i was saying isn't it funny that their ticket prices have went up in correlation with their average age!!

i am sitting smugly at home however as I've seen the Stones, and i have plenty of money... and don't try and lecture me on legendary bands sistah, you hadn't even heard a Led Zeppelin song until 6 months ago :p;)

She hadn't? Some people just grow up in deprived circumstances you know??? ;)
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    moho wrote:
    Well after seeing news on the tour i went onthe who site and they're not listed, well they weren't about 4 hours ago... I guess they just haven't posted them up officially?

NME has them listed.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Wow, I heard they wanted to get AC/DC!
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    It was on the front of the herald yesterday about the who.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    moho wrote:

mcd have dub gig, while aiken have cork marquee gigs!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any news/new rumours on this yet? The original poster said 10 days until something official was 'apparently' going to be announced.... Has it been 10 days? I'm slightly drunk so I couldn't be bothered going back to the original post to heck if it has been, as my original intention was to just bump this thread!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any news/new rumours on this yet? The original poster said 10 days until something official was 'apparently' going to be announced.... Has it been 10 days? I'm slightly drunk so I couldn't be bothered going back to the original post to heck if it has been, as my original intention was to just bump this thread!

13 days ago.

I don't know if I should believe this.

Fact is: if we get a "second leg", Southern US will explode. :D
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Angus wrote:
    Fact is: if we get a "second leg", Southern US will explode. :D

I know, fuck would that be funny :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    I know, fuck would that be funny :D

LOL yeah! Hopefully we do... if only for that reason!
  • Options
    Last year's Oxegen line up was announced 21st (or possibly 20th) of February, so we could be waiting another 10 days or so.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    Tombourine wrote:
    Last year's Oxegen line up was announced 21st (or possibly 20th) of February, so we could be waiting another 10 days or so.

Interesting...funnily enough i was trying to remember that myself.
  • Options
    I got my tix for Wembly just incase an irish date isnt announced.It will be nice to see them somewhere else after seeing them 3 times in the Point.Oxegen is turning into a joke,Ive been every year since 2000 and Ive watched it get progressively worse over that time.If PJ play il go otherwise i couldnt be bothered.We might all end up cramed into the Point again if they cant decide on a suitable outdoor Venue.I would however be very confident of SOME Irish date over the summer tho.............Either way,Il be seeing yiz in Wembly.....................
    3 magical nights in The Point:
    26th October 1996
    1st June 2000
    23rd August 2006

And a craicing weekend in London
    18th June 2007
    Wembly 18th June 2007
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    So, if they are playing and adding all these European shows does that mean its possible they will play American festivals as well. Lets say bonnaroo for example?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    So, if they are playing and adding all these European shows does that mean its possible they will play American festivals as well. Lets say bonnaroo for example?

They're playing in Europe at the time of Bonnaroo.