Options

Irish Show!!! 8th Of July - Trust Me On This

Comments

• Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Oh dont get me wrong! I know that! But the actual sound was also shite.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    well she identified herself... and she's banned from any future gigs... unless she comes prepared with duct tape :D

She identified herself!? Where!? Who is she?
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    I don't care where they play, just as long as they play SOMEWHERE :D

Although the Olympia would be the most perfect venue to see them in...

*wishes really hard*
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    ConormConorm Posts: 11
    First of all here's a simple fact:

EVERY year, every single band in the known world is rumoured to be playing Slane that year.

Furthermore, Oxegen is shite. It's a pop festival that happens to have some rock, and many many 'rock', acts. Mainly, however, it's simply a means for teenagers who still live with their parents to be able to drink freely for a weekend.

Also, what's wrong with Phoenix Park? Couldn't Pearl Jam play there? That's if those gobshites at MCD don't get it cancelled. (MCD promotions are maggots, contemptible maggots)

Which leads me to another point: How exactly, as someone claimed earlier, would Pearl Jam be 'attached' to MCD? I know venues can be attached to different promoters, but bands? That doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Conorm wrote:

EVERY year, every single band in the known world is rumoured to be playing Slane that year.

Furthermore, Oxegen is shite. It's a pop festival that happens to have some rock, and many many 'rock', acts. Mainly, however, it's simply a means for teenagers who still live with their parents to be able to drink freely for a weekend.

Also, what's wrong with Phoenix Park? Couldn't Pearl Jam play there? That's if those gobshites at MCD don't get it cancelled. (MCD promotions are maggots, contemptible maggots)

Which leads me to another point: How exactly, as someone claimed earlier, would Pearl Jam be 'attached' to MCD? I know venues can be attached to different promoters, but bands? That doesn't make sense.

completely irrelevant but long time no hear!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    Conorm wrote:

did you ever make it to dublin gig
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    Oh yeah, got a ticket through a friend of a friend from the UK. Worked out pretty well in the end.
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I've just realised why helen said that money wasn't an issue this year...SSIA BABY!!!!!!

Mines through in april :D:D:D sadly its earmarked for college or something like that :o

I would be delighted with anywhere in ireland bar Oxegen. Had a great time the last time I was there but not for PJ to many kids wouldn't appreciate it, now I do like the sound of ardgillen or marley park.....but olympia/vicar st for fan club only gig (like astoria) would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D
    Yep :) thank Bertie for my being able to travel :) although... all going to plan, I may not have to dip TOO much into it at all :eek: It's great :)

I've never been to ardgillen but I really really like Marley Park - I went there to see Meat Loaf one year just cos I like the place so much :D and it was BRILLIANT!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I wasn't impressed with the Irish.... :)
    :rolleyes: Yeh you were :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Tombourine wrote:
    She identified herself!? Where!? Who is she?
    She ID'd herself on the Dublin setlist stickie... she didn't know how bad she was til she heard the boot, realised it was her and was really embarrassed about it. I can't remember who she was though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Conorm wrote:

I really doubt PJ would fill the Phoenix park :o it's kinda reserved for the 'sell outs', isn't it? Like RHCP, Robbie Williams, Rolling Stones and the pope :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    paddy wrote:
    It was the fact that we were witnessing an absolute living legend that made it good for me. As I stated in my original post, I don't like his music but his influence on music is undeniable. BTW I couldn't understand all the hype surrounding Sigur ros, I thought they were shite.

Another highlight I forgot was finding a scumbag just about to go into my tent after returning from seeing the Spinto band. Man, I hope his face recovered alright :)
    I thought Sigur Ros were really amazing... I've never had chills like that at any other concert. Simply brilliant.

Living legend or not, his performance and the atmosphere were shite. The Who were living legends to me... I don't know much about James Brown so wasn't too excited.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    If his perfromance and atmosphere was, to you, 'shite', then that because he shouldn't have been playing fucking Oxegen at 1am in the morning. I mean for fuck sake. So many things wrong with that situation I won't even start.
  • Options
    Conorm wrote:
    If his perfromance and atmosphere was, to you, 'shite', then that because he shouldn't have been playing fucking Oxegen at 1am in the morning. I mean for fuck sake. So many things wrong with that situation I won't even start.
    Ok ok... no need to shout :eek:

We all have opinions... and that was mine... and the people I was with.

Jeez :rolleyes:

So... you thought he was great, I didn't. Some people thought Sigur Ros were shite apparently, some thought RHCP were brilliant!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ok ok... no need to shout :eek:

We all have opinions... and that was mine... and the people I was with.

Jeez :rolleyes:

So... you thought he was great, I didn't. Some people thought Sigur Ros were shite apparently, some thought RHCP were brilliant!

No no, I wasn't shouting, I would have used an exclamation mark if I was. Sorry. And also I wasn't at Oxegen last year (travelled to Brighton to see the Who instead, worked out a bit cheaper, and way more enjoyable). My reasoning was that in the Olympia, his performances were out of this world, and he's known as one of the greatest performers of all time. Therefore, if this wasn't the case at Oxegen, it's likely that this could be put down to poor sound set-up, the stupid Oxegen crowd, or the fact that he had to play at 1am, after (half of) one of the greatest rock bands of all time. No insult intended.
  • Options
    Conorm wrote:
    No no, I wasn't shouting, I would have used an exclamation mark if I was. Sorry. And also I wasn't at Oxegen last year (travelled to Brighton to see the Who instead, worked out a bit cheaper, and way more enjoyable). My reasoning was that in the Olympia, his performances were out of this world, and he's known as one of the greatest performers of all time. Therefore, if this wasn't the case at Oxegen, it's likely that this could be put down to poor sound set-up, the stupid Oxegen crowd, or the fact that he had to play at 1am, after (half of) one of the greatest rock bands of all time. No insult intended.
    Sorry :o didn't mean to jump to conclusions. Well I had went to see The Who and for that reason only... so anything after that, for me, was simply pointless.. Unless it was Pearl Jam
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I really doubt PJ would fill the Phoenix park :o it's kinda reserved for the 'sell outs', isn't it? Like RHCP, Robbie Williams, Rolling Stones and the pope :o

As much as I love Pearl Jam I'd have to agree, besides, I'm sure we'd all much rather see them do their own gig to a smaller crowd (like Marley Park for example) rather than see then in a huge field with a load of kids who are on the lash for the weekend :)
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Yeh you were :p

Yeah your sister and Damien rock, and Wolfamongstwolves rocks......and Jenny rocks.......am I missing anyone??? :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    As much as I love Pearl Jam I'd have to agree, besides, I'm sure we'd all much rather see them do their own gig to a smaller crowd (like Marley Park for example) rather than see then in a huge field with a load of kids who are on the lash for the weekend :)

Definitely... Marley Park was great for Radiohead last year, the day after the point gig incidently, Pearl Jam would be good there. Pity we dont have any decent sized indoor venues with good acoustics.
  • Options
    Yeah your sister and Damien rock, and Wolfamongstwolves rocks......and Jenny rocks.......am I missing anyone??? :D
    :D I'm sure you are.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    James Brown was a legend before The Who were ever thought of. Good as they were, they couldn't lace JB's shoelaces as far as performing goes. I've seen the RHCP 3 times and they were crap every single time.

Back on topic. As long as it's not Paddy Casey opening I'll go anywhere to see them in Ireland.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Options
    ......and Jenny rocks.......

WOO! :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    WOO! :D

easily pleased i see :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    easily pleased i see :)

of course... better than being a typical woman!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Just to say, Snow Patrol confirmed themselves for Oxegen this year. They better not be anywhere near PJ on the bill, or even in terms of distance.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Definitely... Marley Park was great for Radiohead last year, the day after the point gig incidently, Pearl Jam would be good there. Pity we dont have any decent sized indoor venues with good acoustics.

I know, I was in the pit for both :cool:
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    I know, I was in the pit for both :cool:

Me too!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Me too!

Well then, how about I meet you in the pit for the irish gig and we make it a hat-trick? ;)
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    Well then, how about I meet you in the pit for the irish gig and we make it a hat-trick? ;)

Why not? Sounds like a plan.... now all we need is an irish show! :)
  • Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    anyone got any more info for this rumour?
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared