Options

Irish Show!!! 8th Of July - Trust Me On This

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Carlos D wrote:
    Haha...eh.....no,I've um eh to eh get my house....you know that thing where they get rid of the insects that weekend so eh no can do...ahem....;)

Jaysis... could at least give us a cuppa tae!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Jennytree wrote:
    Jaysis... could at least give us a cuppa tae!

Okay ye can have a cup of tea but you'll all have to share it.Deal?
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    If they do play there let's hope we don't get the deluge that nearly drowned everybody last time. Fuck, I was looking for Noah's Ark.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Carlos D wrote:
    Okay ye can have a cup of tea but you'll all have to share it.Deal?

fair enough!

wait.... hey!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    outspaced wrote:
    I've gone every single year to Oxegen since it started (it was previously known as Witnness) and as each year goes by, it's getting worse and worse. Pearl Jam will be wasted at this festival. Slane would have been a much better option

here here....i was at 2 of the 3 witnness in fairyhouse and 3 of thr 4 oxegens
    in my wee home town of Naas......and it had gotten progressively worse!
    too many gaa jersey wearing fans.......scum bags......etc etc........on one hand it will be in my hometown.......which would be sweet!!

tho snow patrol are headlining one night and radiohead rumoured for 2nd??!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    Thats what we had- a day ticket. Jesus I dont think I could have dealt with a whole weekend of Oxegen .. it is indeed BRUTALLY organised compared to what i saw of Reading for example.
    Better stop now before MCD come and sue my ass for negative remarks :D

You must have been in a different zone than me then, as I thought Oxygene was better run than reading by a mile! The only reason reading was good was because we got right up close, that's the only good points, the place was a complete and utter kip! we seen fuck all of anything pre-PJ, so we couldn't judge how well it was organised really, the place stank to the high heavens, outside the stage area was like one big dump, and we'd to walk miles to a train station that was over-crowded with feck all trains ... Oxygene was a hell of alot cleaner, easier to get around, and had tonnes of busses on afterwards. Oxygene had a better overall atmosphere and friendliness about it too, even if we talked to more weirdo's at Reading.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Oh yeah!!!! I forgot about James Brown playing on the main stage after The Who!!! Ok sorry for my earlier post!
    Yeh, that's true but they still have their time slot - even if it's 1am - and have to stick to that. I think that's what the problem is.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    paddy wrote:
    :) No worries. He made that festival for me. I'm not a big fan of his music, but up to that point the whole Oxegen experience stank. The Who were good, the rest I couldn't give a flying fuck for. Only 2 bands will ever get me back at that god awful place, Pj and Metallica.
    I thought James Brown was sooooooooooooooo bad. The Who were excellent and then to have a 90 year old man come on stage who can barely walk I was thinking 'what's the bloody point?' and headed back to the tent. Apart from The Who though I thought Sigur Ros were absolutely bloody amazing, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I was actually quite impressed with the amount of toilets last year at oxegen, especially in the concert arena itself... they had somebody go in as soon as you came out to clean it... they were all bloody spotless. And I thought the food was great - those Japanese noodles :) Yum. Also, apart from the tent burning on the final day, I think we were lucky with where we set up tent cos most people seemed to be at LEAST 22 who were surrounding us... so there was less bullshit in the immediate area. The main thing I had a problem with was the distance from the car parks to the campsite :eek: when you're lugging your tent, sleeping bag, bag of stuff, drink, camping chairs :eek: and have to walk two hours :eek: . Best thing was to bring a camping chair and a couple of beers each trip so you could sit down and have a beer every now and then :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    i honestly hope they don't play oxegen... never seen a bigger concentration of drunk kids and scumbags on a field... ever! (tho i loved the cure in 2004 and the who last year...) they could play the croker, couldn't they?
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    i honestly hope they don't play oxegen... never seen a bigger concentration of drunk kids and scumbags on a field... ever! (tho i loved the cure in 2004 and the who last year...) they could play the croker, couldn't they?
    Hmmm... now Croke Park, there's an idear :) I've never been to a concert there though. What about Ardgillan? When's that on? Marlay Park is usually August, isn't it?

I read this morning the Oxegen line up is going to be announced next week.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ya know what? I think I just might get me a ticket on Friday anyway, I didn't realise they're on sale at the moment but I just rang TM and they are... 199euro for the weekend camping :eek: but if PJ don't play I'll be able to sell it no problem anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Cagey wrote:
    You must have been in a different zone than me then, as I thought Oxygene was better run than reading by a mile! The only reason reading was good was because we got right up close, that's the only good points, the place was a complete and utter kip! we seen fuck all of anything pre-PJ, so we couldn't judge how well it was organised really, the place stank to the high heavens, outside the stage area was like one big dump, and we'd to walk miles to a train station that was over-crowded with feck all trains ... Oxygene was a hell of alot cleaner, easier to get around, and had tonnes of busses on afterwards. Oxygene had a better overall atmosphere and friendliness about it too, even if we talked to more weirdo's at Reading.

Okay well my memory isn't what it used to be .. maybe I was just in a strong cider and vodka induced blur at Reading and blocked the negatives out in favour of the positives :D

Apart from the first portaloo we encountered at Oxegen (jesus you should have SEEN the state of it) when we jumped off the bus in bits after too much drinkin in the city centre before the feckin LONG bus journey to punchestown...the loos inside the venue were actually maintained very well
    But then again I have to say, so were the ones at Reading, but FLASHBACK --my god,what was the story with the people handing out the little cone things for women to pee standing up like men . Holy crap that was a bit fecking to surreal for me!
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    Ya know what? I think I just might get me a ticket on Friday anyway, I didn't realise they're on sale at the moment but I just rang TM and they are... 199euro for the weekend camping :eek: but if PJ don't play I'll be able to sell it no problem anyway.

I was thinking the same thing helen, but if they are doing t in the park as well, i would have to go for a day ticket to both!!
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared
  • Options
    leash wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing helen, but if they are doing t in the park as well, i would have to go for a day ticket to both!!
    Well that’s true but this way I can avoid all the queuing bullshit when they announce if they’re playing or not. I’m already doing Katowice, Copenhagen & London and I’ll know today hopefully if I’m doing Vienna too :eek: so I think Oxegen on top of that would be enough :o and then if you have a weekend plus camping you could easily exchange that for two one day tickets if you needed :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Well that’s true but this way I can avoid all the queuing bullshit when they announce if they’re playing or not. I’m already doing Katowice, Copenhagen & London and I’ll know today hopefully if I’m doing Vienna too :eek: so I think Oxegen on top of that would be enough :o and then if you have a weekend plus camping you could easily exchange that for two one day tickets if you needed :cool:

How hard would a one day ticket be to get when/if they announce they are playing?
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    How hard would a one day ticket be to get when/if they announce they are playing?
    Last year they went FAST... like I think in an hour or so :o I might just get the camping one anyway to be safe, then if I can get a one day ticket, I'll get that and then sell the camping one :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Last year they went FAST... like I think in an hour or so :o I might just get the camping one anyway to be safe, then if I can get a one day ticket, I'll get that and then sell the camping one :)

Good plan! I plan to buy flights to Copenhagen soon too so i cant afford to do that! But i wont miss pearl jam in Ireland so wheteher i have to queue, kill, steal I will be there!
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    moho wrote:

well alota locals just break into punchestown.................shhhhhhhhhhhh!!

havent chanced it yet but alot of my mates hop fence to campsite and switch
    bands!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Hmmm, I don't much like Oxegen anymore. It was far better back in the Witnness days. But I suppose I could put up with one day to see Pearl jam. Although a small gig in the Olympia would be soooooo much better.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Hmmm, I don't much like Oxegen anymore. It was far better back in the Witnness days. But I suppose I could put up with one day to see Pearl jam. Although a small gig in the Olympia would be soooooo much better.

Olympia would be good... but Vicar Street would be great!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I've just realised why helen said that money wasn't an issue this year...SSIA BABY!!!!!!

Mines through in april :D:D:D sadly its earmarked for college or something like that :o

I would be delighted with anywhere in ireland bar Oxegen. Had a great time the last time I was there but not for PJ to many kids wouldn't appreciate it, now I do like the sound of ardgillen or marley park.....but olympia/vicar st for fan club only gig (like astoria) would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I've just realised why helen said that money wasn't an issue this year...SSIA BABY!!!!!!

Mines through in april :D:D:D sadly its earmarked for college or something like that :o

I would be delighted with anywhere in ireland bar Oxegen. Had a great time the last time I was there but not for PJ to many kids wouldn't appreciate it, now I do like the sound of ardgillen or marley park.....but olympia/vicar st for fan club only gig (like astoria) would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Yes.... very sweet. Sweeter than honey...
  • Options
    I wasn't impressed with the Irish.... :)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    I thought James Brown was sooooooooooooooo bad. The Who were excellent and then to have a 90 year old man come on stage who can barely walk I was thinking 'what's the bloody point?' and headed back to the tent. Apart from The Who though I thought Sigur Ros were absolutely bloody amazing, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I was actually quite impressed with the amount of toilets last year at oxegen, especially in the concert arena itself... they had somebody go in as soon as you came out to clean it... they were all bloody spotless. And I thought the food was great - those Japanese noodles :) Yum. Also, apart from the tent burning on the final day, I think we were lucky with where we set up tent cos most people seemed to be at LEAST 22 who were surrounding us... so there was less bullshit in the immediate area. The main thing I had a problem with was the distance from the car parks to the campsite :eek: when you're lugging your tent, sleeping bag, bag of stuff, drink, camping chairs :eek: and have to walk two hours :eek: . Best thing was to bring a camping chair and a couple of beers each trip so you could sit down and have a beer every now and then :o
    It was the fact that we were witnessing an absolute living legend that made it good for me. As I stated in my original post, I don't like his music but his influence on music is undeniable. BTW I couldn't understand all the hype surrounding Sigur ros, I thought they were shite.

Another highlight I forgot was finding a scumbag just about to go into my tent after returning from seeing the Spinto band. Man, I hope his face recovered alright :)
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Pheonix. Park.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Pheonix. Park.

Did you go to the RHCP/Pixies concert there a few years ago? Sound was horrible.

Marlay Park would be good. The Olympia will always be the dream. It's better than Vicar Street in my opinon.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    Get. The Fuck. To Cardiff.
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Tombourine wrote:
    Did you go to the RHCP/Pixies concert there a few years ago? Sound was horrible.

Marlay Park would be good. The Olympia will always be the dream. It's better than Vicar Street in my opinon.

The Pixies had good sound but by the time the time the Chilis came on it was terrible,I was at the very front and could barely hear them....I suppose PJ could always play some GAA 'stadiums'.I'm sure the atmosphere would be great at them.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Yeah the sound really was bollix for the RHCP but the pixies definitely sounded excellent.... maybe they were so good they blew our ears off!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    Yeah the sound really was bollix for the RHCP

I think you'll find that's because RHCP are awful live, and the Pixes are great.