Options

Irish Show!!! 8th Of July - Trust Me On This

Comments

• Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Oxegen is alright. Not as good as Reading, but better than V.
    There was apparently a lot of trouble Sunday night last year, but I must have slept through the whole thing cos I didn't see anything. The guards were waking everyone up at 7am Monday morning and telling us all to pack. Felt sorry for anyone who stayed up drinking that night.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Oxegen is a big pile of poo.

The shows don't go on a while lot later than in the Point... the organization is atroctious... I'd love to see them back in Ireland... but I can just imagine 80,000 people singing Black, looking behind me to see everyone up the hill with lighters in the air... SLAAAAAAAAANE!!

In saying that... I did have great craic at Oxegen when I went!!
    :o I can picture it now! If the lads are REALLY gonna leave Europe to come back to Ireland, there's no reason they can't come back mid to end of August :):):)

SLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Lord Henry bent the rules for that fucking weirdo Madonna, surely they can do it to get the concert back to its roots with a PROPER rock band :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    :o I can picture it now! If the lads are REALLY gonna leave Europe to come back to Ireland, there's no reason they can't come back mid to end of August :):):)

SLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Lord Henry bent the rules for that fucking weirdo Madonna, surely they can do it to get the concert back to its roots with a PROPER rock band :)

And its about time they got some fuckin' rockin' bands back in there...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    Oxegen is alright. Not as good as Reading, but better than V.
    There was apparently a lot of trouble Sunday night last year, but I must have slept through the whole thing cos I didn't see anything. The guards were waking everyone up at 7am Monday morning and telling us all to pack. Felt sorry for anyone who stayed up drinking that night.
    Oh they didn't wake us up last year! We left at our leisure.. about 11, I think. There WAS trouble. tents being set on fire all over the place. We, 4 of us, woke up in our tent the Monday morning feeling HOT, only to realise the tent right beside ours, which the day before had been sitting over some of ours, was burnt to a crisp :eek: we could have been fucking burned alive in our sleep. I lost two cousins in a fire and it's one thing you don't fucking mess around with. Fucking immature pricks :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Oxegen is run by morons. Fact.
    Eamon McCann is a money grabbing fuckbert, it's all about how many € he can squeeze out of one weekend.
  • Options
    brain_of_K wrote:
    Oxegen is run by morons. Fact.
    Eamon McCann is a money grabbing fuckbert, it's all about how many € he can squeeze out of one weekend.

Its not even a proper weekend... €180 for two days... Others are €100 for three or more days... fuckin mongo
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    bhrionbhrion Posts: 49
    slane is not until late august - that is the problem... word is snow patrol are playing that anyway
    Zagreb 2006 (was better by then!)
    Berlin 2006 (Barely!, was ill!)
    Dublin 2006
    Astoria, London 2006
    Toronto 2005
    Dublin 2000
    Wembley, London 2000
    Roksilde, Denmark 2000
    Berlin 2000
    Dublin 1996
    Cork 1996
    Slane 1993
    Newcastle 1992
  • Options
    bhrion wrote:
    slane is not until late august - that is the problem... word is snow patrol are playing that anyway
    Yeh, but I'm sure they're still looking for a headliner ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I'm sorry but why the fuck is this information coming out after wembley is sold out. As much as I'm looking forward to London (BABY!!!) I wouldn't be going if I had known they were playing Ireland. The same thing happened last year with Leeds being announced before Dublin and I ended up going to both!

Fuck it.....just frustrates me :(
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm sorry but why the fuck is this information coming out after wembley is sold out. As much as I'm looking forward to London (BABY!!!) I wouldn't be going if I had known they were playing Ireland. The same thing happened last year with Leeds being announced before Dublin and I ended up going to both!

Yeah, its stupid really. Im unsure whether to book Holland or not cos If an Irish date turns up, i'll be pissed.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

God help ye going to two Pearl Jam shows!! :p

sorry... I know you have commitments that I don't have so I understand where yer coming from!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    bhrionbhrion Posts: 49
    I would book Holland one way or the other because Oxegen will probably be crap anyway... I am actually going to Munich and Vienna.. excuse to see pals and an excuse to go to Austria and Germany in summer.
    Zagreb 2006 (was better by then!)
    Berlin 2006 (Barely!, was ill!)
    Dublin 2006
    Astoria, London 2006
    Toronto 2005
    Dublin 2000
    Wembley, London 2000
    Roksilde, Denmark 2000
    Berlin 2000
    Dublin 1996
    Cork 1996
    Slane 1993
    Newcastle 1992
  • Options
    Yeah, its stupid really. Im unsure whether to book Holland or not cos If an Irish date turns up, i'll be pissed.
    Oh come on... surely if an Irish date turns up, you'll be anything BUT pissed :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Oh come on... surely if an Irish date turns up, you'll be anything BUT pissed :)

No....but what if I've Holland booked and Im over there when the Irish gig is on. Thats all really!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    No....but what if I've Holland booked and Im over there when the Irish gig is on. Thats all really!!
    well you should be safe enough... cos they can't be in two places at once :)

Just get your Holland ticket but wait a couple of weeks to get the flight. You should have no problem selling it if you change your mind anyway
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well you should be safe enough... cos they can't be in two places at once :)

Just get your Holland ticket but wait a couple of weeks to get the flight. You should have no problem selling it if you change your mind anyway

The voice of reason!!

No Im going to stay in Amsterdam for a few days. Never been there before.

See what all this red light is all about!! Hardy Har har
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    The voice of reason!!

No Im going to stay in Amsterdam for a few days. Never been there before.

See what all this red light is all about!! Hardy Har har
    :D Ah but see... once you know about all the concerts and where you're going, then you can book everything. If they're playing in Ireland the next day, you could stay in Amsterdam a few days BEFORE the concert, then fly back here. Just dont book ANY flights yet cos there could be plenty of changes... and it's 6 months away so a week or two waiting isn't going to make much difference to the cost of the flight. There's no rush. Think about everything properly :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    msuthymsuthy Posts: 18
    Oxygen and T in the Park have had the same headliners as each other for years now.

If Pearl Jam playing Oxygen on Saturday 7th it should go hand in hand with playing T in the Park on Sunday 8th.........Glad i have my T in the Park tickets already booked. They are a nightmare to get when they go on public sale in February.

Hope this happens. PJ for TITP
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Jennytree wrote:
    Its not even a proper weekend... €180 for two days... Others are €100 for three or more days... fuckin mongo
    180 for 2 days!!
    fuck, it make Glastonbury look like a bargain!

hear T in the Park is very good though.
  • Options
    I saw an interview with Henry Mount Charles, where he said after Madonna and Eminem he realised that pop acts don't really cut it at Slane, and from now on he'll be looking for rock bands. Thing about Slane is that it's near impossible to get anywhere near the front. On the other hand, Oxegen is shite, though I'd imagine with a day ticket you could ignore the shit parts.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    Hey folks. I'm an irish import from the Red mosquito forum. First up. Someone posted about the curfew at Oxegen. Well, as I recall, I saw James Brown coming on stage well after 1 AM last year, after the who. So I can't foresee any problems on that score. Secondly, I also heard, last summer, that PJ were set to play Slane in the Spring/early summer this year. So I would suggest that that option not be ruled out just yet, if it's been going on for that long. My contact also works for MCD. I must give him a call. ;)
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    paddy wrote:
    Hey folks. I'm an irish import from the Red mosquito forum. First up. Someone posted about the curfew at Oxegen. Well, as I recall, I saw James Brown coming on stage well after 1 AM last year, after the who. So I can't foresee any problems on that score. Secondly, I also heard, last summer, that PJ were set to play Slane in the Spring/early summer this year. So I would suggest that that option not be ruled out just yet, if it's been going on for that long. My contact also works for MCD. I must give him a call. ;)

Oh yeah!!!! I forgot about James Brown playing on the main stage after The Who!!! Ok sorry for my earlier post!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    There have been rumours of Pearl Jam playing Slane the past few years...

From Sept 2005:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=2348525&postcount=6

http://www.evening-herald.ie/meath_chronicle/index.php3?ca=42&issue_id=12991

Meath Chronicle being the local newspaper for Lord Henry himself!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    There have been rumours of Pearl Jam playing Slane the past few years...

From Sept 2005:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=2348525&postcount=6

http://www.evening-herald.ie/meath_chronicle/index.php3?ca=42&issue_id=12991

Meath Chronicle being the local newspaper for Lord Henry himself!

I live down the road from Slane, my girl friend even closer... But it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    all these rumours warm the cockles of the heart and make you say

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    paddypaddy Posts: 104
    moho wrote:
    Oh yeah!!!! I forgot about James Brown playing on the main stage after The Who!!! Ok sorry for my earlier post!
    :) No worries. He made that festival for me. I'm not a big fan of his music, but up to that point the whole Oxegen experience stank. The Who were good, the rest I couldn't give a flying fuck for. Only 2 bands will ever get me back at that god awful place, Pj and Metallica.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Options
    After last year's festival I said to myself... I will only ever go back to oxegen if Pearl Jam play there.... I never thought that likely in a million years though.... Its the type of place I would like to think Pearl Jam would ignore.

EDIT: But obviously if they do play it because it's their only option then I'll understand... ;)
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    bhrion wrote:
    Spoke to my man again today... yes its a double deal they are in talks about T in the Park and Oxegen... I think playing two huge shows in a week would make it worthwhile staying in europe for an extra week plus if Oxegen is good enough for the Who - its good enough for Pearl Jam.
    My source tells me the sticking point is that they want to know the rest of the line up. They also expressed a desire to play in Kilkenny the day after Wembley at the Source but this is not possible because Aitken and not MCD promote that festival and Pearl Jam are tied to MCD. They also refused to play the Point because of the early curfew and some problems with accoustics that they apparently had last year (which I must say I did not notice)....

I've been telling people for ages that Pearl Jam are definitely playing it,I was jsut doin it tog et their hopes up though...Oxegen is the biggest scumbag fest on earth but it's only five minutes from my house so I don't mind.You'd better not be lying!
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    I've been telling people for ages that Pearl Jam are definitely playing it,I was jsut doin it tog et their hopes up though...Oxegen is the biggest scumbag fest on earth but it's only five minutes from my house so I don't mind.You'd better not be lying!

So we're all staying in your gaf then? :)
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    moho wrote:
    So we're all staying in your gaf then? :)

Haha...eh.....no,I've um eh to eh get my house....you know that thing where they get rid of the insects that weekend so eh no can do...ahem....;)
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06