Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    KV4053 said:

I havent dug around the store much yet. I've been collecting HD tracks since Pono was announced from other stores/sources

FYI....Someone on HeadFi says his is also in Louisville.

:-q ~X(
    c'mon Louisville... let our stuff go!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Is it only me that is a bit sad they changed the signatures from the ones they initially showed? The ones on the one seen today dont look nearly as good

Picky maybe but it now features an ev sig a few years old. Don't really understand that.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    pdalowsky said:

Is it only me that is a bit sad they changed the signatures from the ones they initially showed? The ones on the one seen today dont look nearly as good

Picky maybe but it now features an ev sig a few years old. Don't really understand that.

I'm with you Paul...
    Not sure why they went with the older signature!
    The signature panel looks a little cluttered to me too, with the band name, Ed's signature & the Limited Edition / unit series number all smashed together in the middle of the panel!!
    It's kind of confusing to my eyes!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    edited November 2014
    derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

I'm with you Paul...
    The signature panel looks a little cluttered to me too, with the band name, Ed's signature & the Limited Edition / unit series number all smashed together in the middle of the panel!!

Wonder how many other images they had for the Pearl Jam Signature Series. I kinda like the 2nd one below better. But it's all good.

• Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited November 2014
    I wonder how these have all shipped. Seems like they would've made all of the LEs and shipped them out of China at the same time. Perhaps not because I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation.

Or it did ship and it's sitting in Louisville with questionable bamboo.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited November 2014
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

I'm with you Paul...

Wonder how many other images they had for the Pearl Jam Signature Series. I kinda like the 2nd one below better. But it's all good.

I COMPLETELY agree with you D...
    That 2nd one looks much better & is so much easier on the eyes!!!
    And they could've put the band name next to the rest of the engraved script.
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Maybe they are getting fake ones and those of us who haven't got anything yet will get the real ones??? :)
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    anyone who pledged for a PJ limited edition player, opens it and uses it for listening is nuts...
    I initially was hesitant to spend the extra $100 to get a PJ chrome player since they are highly valuable, extremely rare and will be worth a lot more in the future. You're better off keeping it sealed in the wooden box and check the market in coming years. guarantee it will be worth a lot more than it's original price.
    That's why I settled for a yellow player so I could get the most out of the Pono sound in Neil's quest to save music...
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options

anyone who pledged for a PJ limited edition player, opens it and uses it for listening is nuts...
    I initially was hesitant to spend the extra $100 to get a PJ chrome player since they are highly valuable, extremely rare and will be worth a lot more in the future. You're better off keeping it sealed in the wooden box and check the market in coming years. guarantee it will be worth a lot more than it's original price.
    That's why I settled for a yellow player so I could get the most out of the Pono sound in Neil's quest to save music...

Then I'm a fucking maniac because that's what I plan to do with it.
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533

Personally, I think the price will tank as newer iterations are released. I don't think it will retain value just because it's a PJ edition but time will tell.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Looks pretty badass to me. Wish I were rich.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,307
    It looks pretty cool but I don't regret not getting one. I just couldn't justify the price tag right now. It would definitely have been used though, it's too nice to just sit in an expensive wooden box!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    What's with the gold engraving? Odd choice
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    I ordered probably the last clear one (last day of kickstarter, had to do stupid things with my non-existent "finances" to get one) but i'm still waiting very impatiently on a shipping confirmation email. i use grado headphones for my record player but bought some sony mdrv6 studio monitor headphones (i like neutral headphones) for my pono.... which i am impatiently waiting for.... can't stress that impatient part enough...
  • Options
    8bitj said:

I ordered probably the last clear one (last day of kickstarter, had to do stupid things with my non-existent "finances" to get one) but i'm still waiting very impatiently on a shipping confirmation email. i use grado headphones for my record player but bought some sony mdrv6 studio monitor headphones (i like neutral headphones) for my pono.... which i am impatiently waiting for.... can't stress that impatient part enough...

If I remember, the clear ones were not shipping with the first ones but rather the December round. I think you're just going to have to be....patient.
  • Options
    They tried to deliver mine today and I was at work. I called and they are going to deliver it to my work either tomorrow or Wednesday. Can't wait!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    That signature stuff is really interesting, but what i really want to know:
    HOW
    DOES
    IT
    SOUND???
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    If pj release a new album,i doubt will be 41 pages thread..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    UPS sure is messed up. It arrived here in Nova Scotia yesterday. Early this morning it's @ Dieppe, New Brunswick. :/ Now it say's .. Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 11/04/2014, By End of Day.

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    edited November 2014
    Now waiting for power of attorney in Louisville..

Power of attorney documentation is missing and is required for clearance. We're working to obtain this information.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

I'm with you Paul...

I COMPLETELY agree with you D...
    That 2nd one looks much better & is so much easier on the eyes!!!
    And they could've put the band name next to the rest of the engraved script.
    Bingo,

must have been an explanation for the decision but its one we are never going to know.

The first photos just looked so much better.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Did everyone rip their PJ vinyl to 24/96 to listen to on their PONO devices?
  • Options

If pj release a new album,i doubt will be 41 pages thread..

Maybe not on one thread, but I'm sure if you combined all of the threads it creates.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Travelar said:

Now waiting for power of attorney in Louisville..

Power of attorney documentation is missing and is required for clearance. We're working to obtain this information.

:-SS

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    october22 said:

What's with the gold engraving? Odd choice

Gold ist Best...
    :-q
    i like sound...
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

To each his own, but I just don't get how these things with laser-engraved sigs are so highly sought after. If the original wood box was hand signed then yeah. I guess I'm missing the boat on these?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441

To each his own, but I just don't get how these things with laser-engraved sigs are so highly sought after. If the original wood box was hand signed then yeah. I guess I'm missing the boat on these?

No, you are not missing the boat.
    The flippers may have jumped the shark on this one...

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    The way I looked at it, it's something I've been looking for (a high/full quality portable player) and if it's something I'm going to be using for for years, then I'll spring for the PJ version.

On a side note, has anybody else not received their shipping confirmation yet?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 237
    I'm still waiting for a shipping confirmation here in New Jersey!
  • Options
    Still waiting for a shipping confirmation as well. In Ohio. The odd thing is that someone over at the Pono forums said all LEs were manufactured and shipped at the same time. So all PJ LE Ponos were made and shipped, but not everyone got a shipping confirmation.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014