Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    good job, mickrat. you're doin it, livin the driver's dream. i always thought it was a love/hate relationship. many ppl think truck drivers have a cushy job. that's the craziest thought there is. truck drivers earn their money.

it is a thrill & a challenge & a complete joy backing into some of these bullshit loading docks or down a busy street because you went down the wrong road & you can not go forward any further with this big bastard of a vehicle. did that stupid shit in seattle. backed down several blocks with traffic comin & goin & sat at a red light in reverse behind a car or two, on down grade & backed across this busy intersection until i could then turn L to get the heck on. no games just silly shit & worked to death. it's a barrel of monkies out there

good luck, buddy
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

got a link to your new hand axe? heck maybe you already posted it & i'm being lazy. the boy will grow up through his young years into adulthood loving tunes. it doesn't get much better than enjoying music from childhood on. good for you, the wife & baby simon. nicely done, mr.

you know this popular buck knife i'm sure.

this bastard is beyond brutal as a work tool. it splits kindling like nobody's business & it does not need be some bullshit little ass twigs either. i've split firewood down into kindling with this knife. sometimes it may not feel so good on the palm of your hand beating the knife into the wood so it'll split

anyone want to help wash my dishes? tore up my L rotator cuff again the other day lifting one end of the couch 6 - 8 inches off the floor. if it isn't this, it's that & so on. complete horseshit. guess it makes us tough i don't know. life & pain seem to be what's up

Perhaps the lovely and talented rollings could assist...?

Just sayin!

How's the cuff? I've learned that even if my back is feeling OK at the time, I can't risk messing with it. Lifting stuff falls under that umbrella.

And damned if you're right on the it's always something or other thing. Hrrmph.
  • Options
    yep, hedo, it's the truth & as a man, who the hell wants to not help out lifting something fairly light that once used to be tossed around easily. women can say the same thing... it's just from my perspective on myself & how most men think & live, shit i dunno

i made breakfast for everyone the morning after i got home from those damn double knee replacements. i've swam with torn shoulders - those muscles & tendons. ya swim laps & work through the ouches. maybe i'm wrong & was doing more damage to my shoulders? it's just how i am i guess... glutton for punishment or some such shit

& about your back aches... those are vicious bastards of aches. i know you don't want to or don't like the unnatural methods, you know, cortisone or corticosteroid injections or whatever... first time i did this i received one shot, R side, lower back & was virtually pain free for two weeks. the process takes months to complete as the dr. works his/her way back & forth across & up one's back using some xray machine thing that picks up your nerves for display on the screen & the dr's trusty needles & juices.

(speaking of needles & the medical field, ever have a blood gassing? it's a needle going in for arterial blood on the under side of the wrist vs' going in the vein for a sample on one's forearm. they look for how much oxygen and carbon dioxide are present in the blood & run tests looking for acidity level or something. when the needle goes in one's wrist, a nerve flips out & makes one's leg kick out... i forget which leg kicked.) fun! not really

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Noooo, I'll do acupuncture over those big-ass needles. They really do freak me out to the point of shaking and BP through the roof.

And oh hell, the blood gassing sounds like another huge no for me, especially with the leg-kicking you described.

I will say this, dear sir - you are a badass, in both action and attitude.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    i wanna have acupuncture done on me. i'll look into this oneday, being meaning to for years just space it off I guess. you ever have acupuncture done on your back? anyone you know have acupuncture done on a regular basis?

no not a badass, hedo, nope. just a guy trying to get through my own struggles life or myself have handed to me as gifts. im just me, hedo, not some tough guy. please understand what i am saying. i don't wanna be the badass, i just wanna survive what is me & mine in this here life... often even what is others' as well

have a good day, miss & everybody else too
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Chad if we have the please of seeing you soon please ask me where Mrs FMe is. She is a fan of acupuncture and specifically for her back. Sure she is happy to discuss pros/cons with ya. I have back issues but am a puss when it comes to that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    gentle sounds this day please

https://youtu.be/671AgW9xSiA

guess we missed locating you & yours, sir. zombies are us, the stumbling along requests crew, well maybe that's just me. been having fun though... how about yourself, my good champion?

maybe your wife can write up a small report/essay on how she feels about acupuncture, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Chadwick, what is your opinion on eating bugs?
    Yea, or nay?

There are millions of cicadas making a din in my woods, and the internet keeps telling me I should eat them...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I missed this but RG's bumb brought it round again. Yes, we missed ya and I will ask the lovely bride if she can share her thoughts on needling.

(I ate a number of different bugs at this restaurant in Santa Monica. Actually the scorpions were quite good and the small little bugs tasted like popcorn.)
  • Options
    whatever it takes

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    not sure i ever ate any bugs. i would try some, like the ones seen on that andrew zimmern show 'bizarre foods'. in the past i have eating agave worms from bottles of mezcal. drinking that stuff was a riot back in the day. it was no task eating those worms.

eating cicadas would be like eating aliens or something. i'd have to roast 'em over a campfire or put 'em in a wok & go to town

scorpions i would give a go at... maybe

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Chadwick, what do you season your steaks with and how do you cook them on the grill?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    For some reason - and I may be way off - but I say he goes with simple salt & pepper, done rare or medium rare.

Dammit, I want steak now. And potatoes.

(and grilled asparagus)
  • Options
    Chadwick, what times of day do you brush your teeth?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    edited June 2016
    Chadwick, what is your opinion on asparagus make your pee stink?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lots of typing going on around here

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mcgruff10,
    as of late i been using a steak rub made by 'szeged' who also makes pork, chicken & fish rubs & probably others. garlic, pepper, perhaps some garlic sriracha seasoning. 'weber' makes a whole pile of seasonings. the little seasoning containers' lids resemble weber grill lids. good stuff. gotta have sautéed mushrooms & onions: olive oil, maybe a little butter garlic & pepper, maybe a pitch of salt - maybe not.

i like a pink steak. medium - medium well. lately my steak has been well done as that's how others around here enjoy their meats & often i'll forget & or just get lazy & or go with the flow in a busy kitchen & grill/smoker. been smokin pork loins & making pulled pork sandwiches. "easy does it big fella," they say. kingsford charcoal & apple wood chunks does the trick. mesquite, cherry & hickory woods are spectacular too. it is a all day event when smokin one's meat. it is a sweatfest with all the humidity

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    pjfanwillneverleave1,
    typically i'll brush my teeth the following times
    4:37am
    10:02am-ish
    7:00pm sharp
    & before bed
    this schedule may vary from day to day

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    asparagus makes urine stink? i'll be darned, so that's my problem. asparagus & salmon is quite the meal. onion & lemon, butter & garlic. tasty. been ages since i had salmon.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonist,
    steak & potatoes... yum
    with asparagus or sweet corn or spinach salad or whatever

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I heard through the grapevine that the pulled pork was amazing.

Will have to look up that rub. I would have figured you for a 'rare as safe to eat' sorta dude.
    Tastes the best that way!
  • Options
    yep it does taste the best rare. bbq pork sandwiches are quite awesome around here. the real task is actually standing in front of the bbq sauce section of the store & picking out one. i've a few brands i'll always put in the cart. i'd also like to make my own bbq sauce sometime

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Friends of friends years ago had a start up making sauce called BBQMF. No idea if they are still at it...they were out of Long Beach, CA and made some good stuff.

I may have to try and make some soon as well. Sounds like fun
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    Whats your opinion on the Teamsters? Appiled for a union job today. With ABF
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Pride of Szeged
    chadwick said:

mcgruff10,
    as of late i been using a steak rub made by 'szeged' who also makes pork, chicken & fish rubs & probably others. garlic, pepper, perhaps some garlic sriracha seasoning. 'weber' makes a whole pile of seasonings. the little seasoning containers' lids resemble weber grill lids. good stuff. gotta have sautéed mushrooms & onions: olive oil, maybe a little butter garlic & pepper, maybe a pitch of salt - maybe not.

i like a pink steak. medium - medium well. lately my steak has been well done as that's how others around here enjoy their meats & often i'll forget & or just get lazy & or go with the flow in a busy kitchen & grill/smoker. been smokin pork loins & making pulled pork sandwiches. "easy does it big fella," they say. kingsford charcoal & apple wood chunks does the trick. mesquite, cherry & hickory woods are spectacular too. it is a all day event when smokin one's meat. it is a sweatfest with all the humidity

Pride of Szeged! Imported from Hungary, they make the best hot paprika!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    you'll be paid & treated well, mick. i knew of a guy who had at least one driving while intoxicated violation he got while driving his own vehicle & the teamsters saved him his job behind the big wheel. the guy may have had more than one driving drunk infraction as well. do what you gotta do, mick. be happy, be well & live the driver's dream.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    love the old spice & tea trail. hungary is 1,759 miles (as the crow flies) from morocco. great spices all throughout that region. ever see a leather tannery hard at work from one of these places? check it out.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Is that steak seasoning you recommend along the lines of montreal seasoning?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......