Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    I start next week.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    sweet. do they wear a uniform?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    chadwick said:

sweet. do they wear a uniform?

saw some of the city guys with shirts.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    chadwick said:

yeah iowa is my spot of spots. grew up in the country. for a few yrs we lived on trout streams in northern ia, which was fantastic. in other locations of iowa quite often corn, alfalfa & soybeans were our neighbors. like you mentioned, hunting & fishing

mr. mcgruff10,
    where is home? have you ever been to alaska, mexicali, illinois or missouri?

good luck, mickrat
    sounds like you're doing it. w/ those day cabs you'll be jackknife backing up like a real champ
    good luck, buddy

home is new jersey (about five miles from the ocean). I've been to all four places you mentioned; i'd go back to alaska in a heartbeat. I'm trying to head out to montana/idaho this summer. my wife has never seen the rockies!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    how do you guys get your wives or g/fs to watch bloody & violent flicks? it is important to me to watch war flicks, based on actual events typea films. the good lady here has zero interest in okinawa, saipan or some poor bastard getting his nose busted in a boxing ring. god dammit we're talking about WWII & whatnot. zero interest

?well guess what
    i am going to the theater next month for "hacksaw ridge"
    i'll be going alone & stuff
    the true story of medal of honor recipient, army medic, desmond doss

good fucking shit

i admire her for getting ill at the sight of violence. nonetheless it's on, doss is a badass. medal of honor guys... it does not get anymore (everything)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

i admire her for getting ill at the sight of violence.

chadwick, you fucking rock for this. For just getting it.

From here, I'd say you both are blessed, by and with each other.

Me, I do not like violence in real life, though feel a "must" type of feeling for certain films or documentaries.

On the fictional kind in a movie or something like Grand Theft Auto? I'll take it, for its release.

• Options
    You're one of a handful of people I know would love this...yes/no?

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAlsB3u904

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Chad, who do think will win the World Series?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Was watching The Walking Dead with my wife last night and she turned away a few times and asked me to let her know when "she could look again."
    She gets upset at any display of violence.
    Also like that about her. Me? I am OK with it so long as it is make believe. Would never want to watch that happen to someone in real life.

That Hacksaw movie looks pretty good. Would like to read the story before seeing it, in the event they fuck it up, like they did Unbroken. What a truly spectacular movie...and really not a very good film adaptation.

I say you rock going to the movie alone. You can tell her about it after, will be another thing to talk about. I enjoy going to the movies alone sometimes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonist said:

for sure love it
    thank you, hedo

chuck punches keith for touching his guitar
    https://youtu.be/Occyx3Z3vIU

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

hedonist said:

for sure love it
    thank you, hedo

chuck punches keith for touching his guitar
    https://youtu.be/Occyx3Z3vIU
    One of Chuck's biggest hits!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    apples or fish tacos?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    juggler,
    fish tacos. yum. apples are a fine fruit but they're no seafood taco. although it is hard to beat apple crisp

23scidoo,
    this guy you speak of is a pain in the ass

thirty bills undone,
    never have i surfed a turtle. those two morons might should be slapped around with really large objects like bricks, car engines, train tracks, countless stop signs, cattle, ships, whale blow holes & a large collection of turtle shit

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Chadwick:
    I have a fence to take down, my deck needs painted, my garden needs torn out and mowed, I have 6 or 7 sandstone blocks to move, a pile of firewood to restack, a pile of gravel to rake out, and a pile of brush that needs burned but only if the fence comes down first.
    I have 3.5 hours to work tomorrow and the weather will be chilly but clear. Where should I start?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs,

that is some chores list. gotta paint when it's warm. garden work next spring? take down the fence, burn the brush as you restack the firewood & rake out the gravel, skipping around from task to task, a little here, a little there, gravel, firewood, gravel, firewood, break time sitting on the stump you chop firewood on. sip on coffee or hot tea or whatever your favorite beverage. tunes & work go hand in hand. you know what else to do to get ironed out

wishing i had a fireplace or woodstove. that is good stuff. you know what i really want to have one day? a cast iron wood burning cook stove. new ones $3,000 - $10,000. hell i should just go cook with a amish family. also a canvas tent or yurt with a woodstove would thoroughly be badass erected in the backyard.

enjoy yourself, mr

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

rgambs,

that is some chores list. gotta paint when it's warm. garden work next spring? take down the fence, burn the brush as you restack the firewood & rake out the gravel, skipping around from task to task, a little here, a little there, gravel, firewood, gravel, firewood, break time sitting on the stump you chop firewood on. sip on coffee or hot tea or whatever your favorite beverage. tunes & work go hand in hand. you know what else to do to get ironed out

wishing i had a fireplace or woodstove. that is good stuff. you know what i really want to have one day? a cast iron wood burning cook stove. new ones $3,000 - $10,000. hell i should just go cook with a amish family. also a canvas tent or yurt with a woodstove would thoroughly be badass erected in the backyard.

enjoy yourself, mr

A little this, a little that...I like it, usually I dig into one task at a time, that will be a nice change of pace.
  • Options
    Have you ever heard of the Carolina Reaper?
    It makes the Ghost Pepper seem like a mild banana pepper.

https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/top-10-worlds-hottest-peppers/
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    chadwick said:

rgambs,

enjoy yourself, mr

We had one of those in the kitchen I grew up in. We used it for heat but not for cooking. (Keeping food warm, yes.)
    I hated that damn thing -- but this is from the perspective of a kid who had to make sure to re-chop the wood into pieces that would fit in the front of the thing where the wood went...and constantly feeding it if you wanted it to stay hot. Also, constantly emptying the ashes from the bottom....and if you screwed up the house would fill with smoke. The absolute worst part? Burning yourself regularly because....well, because there was a ridiculously hot wood stove right in the frigging kitchen.
    It sorta looked like this, although nicer looking.
    It is still there, I imagine my mother would entertain selling if you wanted to drive to Vermont and pick it up.

This was one of three stoves in the house that we kept running during the winter. Huge 200 yr old house, it was hard to keep it warm. We were so happy when we had enough financial stability to start using oil heat as we grew into older kids. The big stove in the basement had to be loaded every night before bed and the last person to bed got stuck doing it....we would race to make sure we werent the last ones downstairs as kids. And...you had to fill that frigging thing up to the brim if you wanted to be warm all night so you would always burn your forearms beyond the gloves when stuffing it full of wood.

Fuck...people who never heated with wood in cold climates will never understand what it is to burn yourself on a regular basis or chop up 10 cord of wood.

I have a fireplace in my house now and I dont use it. My wife didn't heat with wood as a kid so she doesn't get why I always find a reason not too.

Let me know if you want to drive to VT, I can ask my mother if she would part with it.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Get up, walk all the way to the bathroom to piss or

Just go in my pants

?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

chadwick said:

rgambs,

enjoy yourself, mr

We had one of those in the kitchen I grew up in. We used it for heat but not for cooking. (Keeping food warm, yes.)
    I hated that damn thing -- but this is from the perspective of a kid who had to make sure to re-chop the wood into pieces that would fit in the front of the thing where the wood went...and constantly feeding it if you wanted it to stay hot. Also, constantly emptying the ashes from the bottom....and if you screwed up the house would fill with smoke. The absolute worst part? Burning yourself regularly because....well, because there was a ridiculously hot wood stove right in the frigging kitchen.
    It sorta looked like this, although nicer looking.
    It is still there, I imagine my mother would entertain selling if you wanted to drive to Vermont and pick it up.

This was one of three stoves in the house that we kept running during the winter. Huge 200 yr old house, it was hard to keep it warm. We were so happy when we had enough financial stability to start using oil heat as we grew into older kids. The big stove in the basement had to be loaded every night before bed and the last person to bed got stuck doing it....we would race to make sure we werent the last ones downstairs as kids. And...you had to fill that frigging thing up to the brim if you wanted to be warm all night so you would always burn your forearms beyond the gloves when stuffing it full of wood.

Fuck...people who never heated with wood in cold climates will never understand what it is to burn yourself on a regular basis or chop up 10 cord of wood.

I have a fireplace in my house now and I dont use it. My wife didn't heat with wood as a kid so she doesn't get why I always find a reason not too.

Let me know if you want to drive to VT, I can ask my mother if she would part with it.
    I grew up in a house heated by a coal furnace. Dad picked up loads of coal in the trunk of whatever beater he was driving at the time and we had to shovel it in the coal shute and gather sticks and chop wood to get it lit. Once you got the coal burning the heat was tremendous, the vents would be too hot to touch.
    Spring cleaning the coal soot off the walls and ceilings was always the most dreaded chore!
  • Options
    This is one of my favorite threads.

It's also given me a hankering for a good old-fashioned wood-choppin' showdown.
  • Options
    rgambs,
    i'm not much of a real hot pepper guy. jalapenos is about as far as i go. although i do like a hot sauce with some kick to it, it's good for cooking with. in junior high a friend & i would eat jalapenos during class, the one who got up & went & got water was the loser. jalapenos are dog-shit-weaklings. when i was a teenager i worked in a restaurant & i used to make hot sauce & did other kitchen tasks. the peppers were purple, shriveled up & dried. they made your hands purple. use gloves. do not touch yourself when having a restroom break. i learn a lot of things the hard way.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    f me in the brain,
    your childhood sounds fantastic to me. kids are good at hauling firewood in wheelbarrows & stacking the stuff. when they're a bit older they're good at running a axe & hatchet. those things make kids grow up strong & whatnot, nothing wrong with that. sometimes we used to stack our logs in fort fashion then we would play war & stuff. it's not very good at keeping out the snow though which makes for more work. i do not remember many times when the folks worked the woodpiles. i'll sound like a old, grouchy man now... kids today are... you know.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    the juggler,
    peeing your pants is best performed when at a show

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

f me in the brain,
    your childhood sounds fantastic to me. kids are good at hauling firewood in wheelbarrows & stacking the stuff. when they're a bit older they're good at running a axe & hatchet. those things make kids grow up strong & whatnot, nothing wrong with that. sometimes we used to stack our logs in fort fashion then we would play war & stuff. it's not very good at keeping out the snow though which makes for more work. i do not remember many times when the folks worked the woodpiles. i'll sound like a old, grouchy man now... kids today are... you know.

This is all true. Much as I whined about it as a kid it was good bonding for my brother, sister, and I. (And for any of our friends who we could sucker into helping out during the summer. "Sure, we can play bb-gun wars AFTER we haul & stack the load of logs my dad is chopping up...do you want to help?")
    We also built forts....made me think of the best part of the wood piles.....when we were getting ready to go fishing, we would move a few piles and get all of the grubs and worms from underneath where they were hiding. :wink: The trout loved those.

RGambs....coal. Our home was outfitted for coal but we didn't use that furnace. Scrubbing walls sounds like not so much fun.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    hedonist said:

This is one of my favorite threads.

It's also given me a hankering for a good old-fashioned wood-choppin' showdown.

https://youtu.be/gqmR0dK-GuE

wtf

https://youtu.be/5ZKOE6QCXBg

wtf again
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    good stuff, f me in the brain

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I had to turn off Miss Red Dress -- the double bit axe had me scared for her. She would be much safer with a basic yankee.