Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited November 2015
    surroundings, mr. mickrat, surroundings & we must be aware of them & i am sure you are.

hedonist, that was really great. thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    yep we have milk weeds in iowa. if I remember correctly they are sticky & when dried out i believe they're fulla seeds that get blown about & float around. never had a milk weed flung on my face

yep we have sandburs. we call them sandburs. dankind you call them sandspurs. never had a sandburs war either. but what we did have to do was get across the sand to the lake. often times where the grass meets the sand the sandburs linger around.

long story short - i was going down the highway when i fell out of my car & rolled/tumbled (wearing shorts - heavy duty road rash) down the highway. somehow i lost my sandals during this event. i got up & ran towards my car that jumped out of a ditch & went across a guy's yard slamming into his house. i ran across his yard.... a sandy brown grass having lawn riddled w/ sandburs. so i sat on his steps plucking sandburs out of my feet while waiting on the ambulance & sheriff deputy........ lots of physical therapy treatments soaking in a tub with whatever stuff they added to the water to aid them in scraping off my leg & ass skin that was torn up in a burnt fashion or whatever road rash does

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    and what exactly
    are we doing ???
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited November 2015
    RIGHT NOW
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    trouble, dangerous toys, roxx gang & kix
    it started tonight when the guy across the way ripped into kix's "blow my fuse" from his attic studio. what a wonderful sound to hear. went in the house & dialed up those bands from a time gone by.

good stuff

https://youtu.be/eSQ2ErEzrSw

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That'd make a sweet poster.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    chadwick said:

surroundings, mr. mickrat, surroundings & we must be aware of them & i am sure you are.

hedonist, that was really great. thank you

not really chad. most times at a truck stop, almost always one of the majors. well lit. very few times hookers strolling. rarely do I sleep at a customer. those are usually patrolled.

One time though early on I was in a burg north of piitsburgh. Pain in the fucking ass to get to. real narrow streets, I slept at a sears warehouse/outlet center. wasnt that it was a sketchy area , but more just aged. Was real quiet and in the end I slept very soundly.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Opinion on Woodhull Illinois good siir?

Hope all is well and the knees are getting stronger.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Opinion on Woodhull Illinois good siir?

Hope all is well and the knees are getting stronger.

woodhull is just north of galesburg a quick spell & about 30 licks or so from the quad cities. some great tattoo artists come outta galesburg. don't believe i've ever been to woodhull

Woodhull (originally named 'Heathland' after the first family settling here in 1851 - including the first Post Office with 25 cent postage in their home, and later Leoti = 'Indian flower,' from 1855-1857) began as an unincorporated village in 1857, it's name becoming 'Woodhull' after a navy captain, Maxwell Woodhull, surveyed and laid out the village on land he owned on September 30, 1857, becoming incorporated in 1870. In 1868-69, the American Central (later C, B, & Q) Railroad was built through town, connecting New Boston with Galva, and allowing a Woodhull factory with 20 employees to ship more broom corn than any other place in the U.S.A. in 1871-72. In the early 1880's, Woodhull had a brickyard, Gillette Brick and Tile Company, which employed 30 men. The first hard road, Route 17, came in 1924 and Interstate Route 74 came in 1967 with over 10,000 cars now using the Interstate daily. In more modern times in 1948, the schools of the Village of Woodhull consolidated with those of the Village of Alpha, to form the AlWood Schools that are still here to this present day in 2011. In 1980, the Woodhull Women's Christian Temperance Union decided to disband and dispose of some property near Kewanee, Illinois which they owned; using the money from the sale to build our present Clover Township Library for $300,000.

Woodhull’s population as of the 2010 Census is 811.

Woodhull is 30 miles SE of the Quad Cities, 15 miles north of Galesburg, and 60 miles NE of Peoria on I-74 at exit 32 on Illinois Hwy 17.

Woodhull has 45 businesses including a grocery store, a local telephone & cable company, a lumber yard, 2 banks, 2 truck stops and a gas station.

AlWood Middle/High School is located in Woodhull.

http://www.woodhullil.org/about/

looks like you can get your meat processed at the local meat locker. seems they're a small market as well. probably could wrangle up some jerky for the truck dashboard or whathaveyou

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Which is better, cake or pie?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    pie is fantastic when the crust is. cake is easier to whip together than pie. i am a sucker for pecan pie. it has been yrs since i have had a slice of pecan pie. chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting is absolutely beautiful.

go ahead & make a meringue pie, chocolate or lemon. i wanna try this before i die. it's a goal of mine as is making homemade bread. mom makes one hell of a homemade bread(s). she's no slouch with pies & cakes either.

according to a navy seal im reading about, to be a man (he has a list of tasks one should accomplish) one better be capable of baking bread

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    What say you about Peosta Ia?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm cutting down a dead tree (and a bunch of others) to build a bridge across my creek this weekend.
    What should I yell when it starts to fall?
  • Options
    yell - sasquatch

tell about this creek, bridge idea & materials you'll be using, creek width/depth. is it a running creek or a dry creek? ever find any arrowheads in the creek? what kinda trees are you felling? please be careful & have help in your forestry & construction tasks. wanna see a few imbeciles?

speechless
    https://youtu.be/vI0rwj7oMAs

"redneck lumberjacks" - that aint no shit
    https://youtu.be/ZuvXLtMBV6I

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

yell - sasquatch

tell about this creek, bridge idea & materials you'll be using, creek width/depth. is it a running creek or a dry creek? ever find any arrowheads in the creek? what kinda trees are you felling? please be careful & have help in your forestry & construction tasks. wanna see a few imbeciles?

speechless

Ahhahahahhahaa that's a good laugh right there!!!

The creek is a running creek, it's at the bottom of a holler that is about 100 feet wide and 60 feet deep. A real steep cut fed by 2 springs. It runs all year but in August it's a 12inch wide 2 inch deep creeklet. The bridge is goin in at a spot with an eroded bank about 3 feet off the creek and it's about 8ft to the other side and 2ft lower so I can't jump it unless I've got a little jog going.
    The tree is 40 feet but the top came down years ago so it's just a nice straight poplar trunk with no branches. It's an extra tall telephone pole. They use poplars for poles because they grow straight and branchless like that. Interestingly, the lead of a tulip poplar looks like an upside down phone.
    The bridge is to be primitive. Fell the tree, cut two 10 foot sections and lug them 20 feet to the creek. Recess the bank so they sit level and lay them in side by side. Couple wood stakes in each end to hold it till it settles in and bam, done. I will start picking up arm sized logs from the trail down there and stack them up off the ground. When the bark peels I will notch the trunk with an axe...fuck yeah it'll be a Fiskar lol and set the armlogs in crosswise.
  • Options
    rgambs, you're gonna have yourself set up quite nicely with a nice little bridge. your place sounds beautiful. yum spring water. maybe you can take pictures & share all this w/ us? again, please be careful

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

What say you about Peosta Ia?

peosta, iowa
    crossroads to the future

peosta code of ordinances

http://www.cityofpeosta.org/vertical/sites/{F7CDA7D8-A7C2-43A7-BF67-DE2E511635D1}/uploads/CODE-PEOSTA2014Final.pdf

page 94
    chapter 1
    animal control

from page 97 -
    1. Dangerous Animals Prohibited. No person shall keep, shelter, or harbor for any purpose
    within the City limits, a dangerous animal.
    2. Definitions. A dangerous animal is:
    a. Any animal which is not naturally tame or gentle, and which is of a wild nature or
    disposition, and which is capable of killing, inflicting serious injury upon, or causing disease
    among human beings or domestic animals, and having known tendencies as a species to do so.
    b. The following are animals which shall be deemed to be dangerous animals per se:
    (1) Lions, tigers, jaguars, leopards, cougars, lynx, and bobcats;
    (2) Wolves, coyotes, and foxes;
    (3) Badgers, wolverines, weasels, skunks and mink;
    (4) Raccoons;
    (5) Bears;
    (6) Monkeys, chimpanzees, and apes;
    (7) Alligators and crocodiles;
    (8) Scorpions; gila monsters;
    (9) Snakes that are venomous or constrictors;
    (10) Any cross breed of such animals which have similar characteristics of the
    animals specified above.

the junk cars ordinance section might could be entertaining

TITLE III COMMUNITY PROTECTION
    CHAPTER 10 JUNK AND ABANDONED VEHICLES

(1) make sure you have at least one broke down rusty farming implement in your lot. during the christmas holiday decorate the thing in sparkly lights

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

rgambs, you're gonna have yourself set up quite nicely with a nice little bridge. your place sounds beautiful. yum spring water. maybe you can take pictures & share all this w/ us? again, please be careful

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/1498012_1491649541060809_1515915809_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

It sure can be lovely!
  • Options
    That's absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Ythank you, the sun was shining off the snow in a very unique way, like nothing I had ever seen. It was a magical morning, I had to run back inside to get a bowl to bring out!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I've posted this before but if so, apologies. And if not, enjoy! Reminds me of you, chadwickman :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNYGIvn2Yc
  • Options
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Ythank you, the sun was shining off the snow in a very unique way, like nothing I had ever seen. It was a magical morning, I had to run back inside to get a bowl to bring out!
    I've been curious, how far off 70 are you and whats the closest exit?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I am about 30 miles East of 77 at about 50 miles north of 70. Carroll county.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Oh yeah Ohio 43. Driven that road several times headed into or out of Wintersville to the Walmart distribution center of there. Beautiful country but fucking blows in a truck. Much much better inn a car or even better riding a bike

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Oh yeah Ohio 43. Driven that road several times headed into or out of Wintersville to the Walmart distribution center of there. Beautiful country but fucking blows in a truck. Much much better inn a car or even better riding a bike
    Yeah, particularly in the winter or when you have to pass a horse and buggy. It's a nice little piece of country living out here.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Yeah, particularly in the winter or when you have to pass a horse and buggy. It's a nice little piece of country living out here.
    Was reminded of my very first solo load hauled. Pepsi recycling load, damaged goods, to East Palestine. Intimidating.

• Options
    Master Chadwick, scotch or bourbon?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    so ya pour some scotch in a fancy ass glass
    swirl it around & throw the scotch on the floor
    this is cleaning the glass, ridding the glass of smells other than the scotch.
    looks like expensive stuff he's throwing on the floor.

it's funny i was just having memories of this old-man bar back home. it's a sportsmen's joint. they sell knives, fishing supplies, ammo, all that kinda stuff. they also are a cigar & tobacco supplier so the place smells like cigars, whiskey & hints of wood or something. i come on here moments later & here you are with bourbon & scotch

https://youtu.be/euSNQ5SqgeI

https://youtu.be/YVG1U-faqHY

https://youtu.be/BW1te_miu5I

https://youtu.be/t8Qed-DkBbU

neat
    https://youtu.be/SUfIaZ0DNUM

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Chadwick...

I was curious to know if these people might be your neighbours?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOAtlVfo1w
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    chadwick said:

yell - sasquatch

speechless

How did you get video of Rob? Now it makes more sense how he ruined his truck.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle