Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2016
    so a carcamp tote holds a few different sized axes & hatchets? poison ivy... nice stuff oozing yellow pus. i am envious just a bit, you've woodpiles to chop, stack & fuck around with. splitting firewood is perfect in a nice rain, some of the best times. be careful not to drop those blades or logs on your exposed toes, you need your boots, mr. but i get it, folks get excited & all
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    chadwick said:

so a carcamp tote holds a few different sized axes & hatchets? poison ivy... nice stuff oozing yellow pus. i am envious just a bit, you've woodpiles to chop, stack & fuck around with. splitting firewood is perfect in a nice rain, some of the best times. be careful not to drop those blades or logs on your exposed toes, you need your boots, mr. but i get it, folks get excited & all

The carcamp tote has just the one hatchet, along with a kettle for strong coffee and hot oatmeal. Knives, ladle, skillet, soap, steel wool, twines lines and ropes, firegloves, shmallow roaster, chili pot and bowls, boy scout mess kits, flashlights, more knives, hand sanitizer, butt powder, duct tape, propane, tent stakes, collapsible water jug, bear bag, seam sealer, flask, and a condom that the wife doesn't even know about.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    that is some tote you got there. sounds right & even exciting. neat stuff you got there. i love rope, tarps, knives & flashlights.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambs said:

chadwick said:

that sure is a mighty fine looking hatchet
    im wishin it were mine
    & choppin up kindling in the blizzard last night is something i'd call perfection at it shiniest & most grand

nice work, buddy

how do you mean you loaned out your hatchet & now it is gone?
    this bites

I let my best friend borrow my carcamp tote, then a few weeks later I let my old man borrow the same tote...
    I don't know who misplaced it, it may even have been me, perhaps I will find it when I clean my disaster of a barn. Anyways it is nowhere to be found and I need it for N Carolina so I bought a new one.

If I don't find it I will buy a 3/4 size axe for chopping through the monster poison ivy and grape vines that try to strangle my woods into an impenetrable breadtangle.

The blizzard hatchet test made me think of you, I came inside and my wife said "Did you just go out in the snow in flip flops to test your new axe? You are ridiculous."
    Yes ma'am.
    I'm thinking you were probably so excited that you made a decision, as head of the family, to forget waiting for harvest day and allow everyone an additional lick of the family lolli eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

rgambs said:

chadwick said:

im wishin it were mine
    & choppin up kindling in the blizzard last night is something i'd call perfection at it shiniest & most grand

nice work, buddy

this bites

I let my best friend borrow my carcamp tote, then a few weeks later I let my old man borrow the same tote...
    I don't know who misplaced it, it may even have been me, perhaps I will find it when I clean my disaster of a barn. Anyways it is nowhere to be found and I need it for N Carolina so I bought a new one.

If I don't find it I will buy a 3/4 size axe for chopping through the monster poison ivy and grape vines that try to strangle my woods into an impenetrable breadtangle.

The blizzard hatchet test made me think of you, I came inside and my wife said "Did you just go out in the snow in flip flops to test your new axe? You are ridiculous."
    Yes ma'am.
    I'm thinking you were probably so excited that you made a decision, as head of the family, to forget waiting for harvest day and allow everyone an additional lick of the family lolli eh?
    Hahaha maybe it is because I just ripped through a tasty bowl, but I can't make sense of this lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

chadwick said:

im wishin it were mine

nice work, buddy

this bites

Yes ma'am.
    Hahaha maybe it is because I just ripped through a tasty bowl, but I can't make sense of this lol
    More settler references.

Just goofing around with you.
  • Options
    the settlers family lollipop is a pretty comical commercial...

a quart of fresh milk for the trip home?
    dude, we live 13 ft away (that aint really what they say but kinda)
    salted meats?
    no thanks we're good
    woven hats made by the mrs. & the boy?
    zoooom weaving hats

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

the settlers family lollipop is a pretty comical commercial...

a quart of fresh milk for the trip home?
    dude, we live 13 ft away (that aint really what they say but kinda)
    salted meats?
    no thanks we're good
    woven hats made by the mrs. & the boy?
    zoooom weaving hats

I laugh my ass off every time I see those stupid ads.

And I do think of RG!
  • Options
    Ahhh that's why I didn't get it, it's from TV!!

Settlers like me don't have TV lol

The lolli thing threw me for a loop, I didn't know if it was sexual or innocent, literal or metaphor
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick, what is your opinion of axes like this? Saw something similar yesterday and thought of you.

To me, it looks like (ie, IS) a piece of art.

• Options
    hedonist said:

chadwick, what is your opinion of axes like this? Saw something similar yesterday and thought of you.

To me, it looks like (ie, IS) a piece of art.

I think this is Chad's dress axe (for formal occasions), but I'll let him speak to that.
  • Options
    well after looking into the address or whatever it's called that's tagged to the picture of that axe, it could be made from damascus steel. damascus being the capital city of syria. funny though it looks like it's from a norse country, maybe they get steel from damascus? it is for sure a piece of artwork done by a blacksmith. lots of time & work experience goes into this stuff

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    thirty bills,
    you're right. it is definitely my fancy-ass dress up axe when out on the town.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Is that etched or is it a surface pattern like when steel is anodized?
    I can't tell
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    cant tell either but close inspection reveals a cartoon dinosaur. and no I no longer smoke.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I see a psycho wolf and mouse in there mickey (I may or may not be smoking at the moment).

Really pretty though - I think it's a pattern, gambs.
  • Options
    it's not etched it's a chemical reaction typeathing when layering, heating & beating different steels into one. this is only my guess but i can say with certainty it is not etched

i see a psychedelic boar

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    topography map.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I agree with Hedonist....wolf.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Hyena with a rabbit in its mouth is what I see
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I see my parents not paying enough attention to me and always letting my brother do whatever he wants. My brain is hurty.
    Wait....sorry, that was this, :lol::
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Chadwick, first how are you doing with the knee replacement?

Second what is your opinion on double knee replacement surgeries then the recovery from double knee replacement surgeries?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    well, mick, it's been about 14 months or so & things are really different. even today it is not pain free but it sure as shit is not like it was before surgery, the difference is night & day. before surgery i remember one of my knees would lock in place when i'd be standing, i'd go to move & have to break that locked knee up by really forcing my knee to bend... pop, crack, boom there it go. that hurt.

no more bone on bone. now it's some fancy ass plastic & metal & screws & bolts & shit. there's some metal dish like thing that bone grows into & the bone takes on that molded fit. wild shit.

supposedly a double knee replacement is kinda rare sorta & i guess one of the most painful surgeries. from what i've been told & read a lot of people may need both knees redone, they go in & get one knee worked on & they skip the 2nd surgery because the 1st knee replacement was a real bastard so they don't want to go through that twice.

the worst part was not being able to sleep decently once i got home. it was like 3 months or longer before i could get a decent night's sleep. i sleep on my side & do a lot of tossing & turning, that was impossible with having my knees together & pillows everywhere & up my ass.

what gets folks through agonizing pain is good nurses w/ the best pain killers. that is it. if it were not for the pharmaceuticals that the hospitals & pharmacies use we would have some serious problems, it would be a nightmare.

when coming around after surgery i thought i was hit by a car & lying in a ditch dying. that sucked real bad. before surgery they tried numbing four nerves in my knees but could not get it done for whatever reason. when waking up i would imagine it felt kinda like a torture chamber session back in the day with some bastard cranking on your knees for sport.

physical therapy is what saves ppl. w/out physical therapy & the desire to get better you are fucked. they will drag your sorry ass out of bed if they have to. i was raring to go every morning & did physical therapy more than i was asked always. always did extra this or extra that. turns out my goofy ass was inspiring others to get with the program. all these brokendown fuckers gather everyday in the physical therapy room, it's a large room fulla all the shit you need to get going: a huge closet fulla walkers & wheelchairs, cards, books & tables for reading (like after brain surgery), dumbbells, stretch bands, bikes, parallel bars, tables you lie on & do fancy ass leg bends or what have you & what not... stairs that go nowhere at all but a u-turn up top. & they have a front seat model car to make sure you can get in & out of a car so you can take your sorry ass home.

physical therapists are the best! nurses are the best! doctors/surgeons are the best! anesthesiologists are incredible, smart & kind people! ... at least mine was. we talked before surgery & she made me feel very comfortable & assured in her knowledge of holding someone's life in her hands. she was so awesome! even the energy she gave off was just a great warmth.

the surgeon who worked on me is one of the best orthopedic surgeons you could ever ask for. he's not anything else but a surgeon... meaning, he is not nice, he is not mean, he is distant. he is not anything but a money making machine with great skills that heal countless people. although he does think he is funny with his little students/younger surgeons that follow him around all day in their fancy little italian dress shoes & shit. i think they try & dress like him to spice up his ego even more so. (he can give a lecture somewhere for a single hour or two & make more money than most people do in a year. i think i have this correct, i'll look into this again & make corrections if need be). he drives some of the finest sports cars made, lamborghinis & shit like that. (got this info from a physical therapist who knows him)

all in all i would do it all over again if i had to & artificial knees do not last forever so one day it will happen where a revision needs done. i recommend that if anyone needs a knee replacement done, do it & have the best team to get you thru
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick - whoa! Awesome post. And sometimes the best surgeons are the distant ones - do your shit, get in and out, but get it done right. Bedside manner can and does come in other forms as you mentioned those besides him.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    glad it feels better -- wow, that sounds like some ordeal to go through. hope the new tires last a while!!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Assume you are still doing PT? When are you "recovered" from the surgeries?

• Options
    no physical therapists. i'm recovered now.

how's the trucking business treating you, mickrat, & what do you think about it? how many years has is been already?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

no physical therapists. i'm recovered now.

how's the trucking business treating you, mickrat, & what do you think about it? how many years has is been already?

Just past 4 years active driving. Still like the actual driving part. And the challenge(at times) of certain customers and getting into or out of a dock

The corporate stuff on the other hand is getting old. Delayed and or minimal communication from their end of things on changes etc. New "safety " features, read insurance is pushing it. But the world is ending when you dont call in. My direct office contact is great. She is really an advocate as much as she can be. I appreciate her.

I am patiently waiting for this final bonus payment in a couple weeks. After that I will be actively applying for some local or home daily work. Better money , home more, better beneifts, etc. Looking at a national company for that job , LTL . With luck I'll get hired in and be able to transfer out west when she is ready to make a move like that.

• Options
    Hand axe update:
    It did pretty well. Doesn't have very much torque with such a short handle, but it has extra precision.
    Methinks I will need a big hatchet for the bigger splittins and keep the little one for knicking off those little splinters that really get the fire started.

Baby Simon saw 48 Pearl Jam songs, including Vs. straight through on his 1st birthday!
  • Options
    got a link to your new hand axe? heck maybe you already posted it & i'm being lazy. the boy will grow up through his young years into adulthood loving tunes. it doesn't get much better than enjoying music from childhood on. good for you, the wife & baby simon. nicely done, mr.

you know this popular buck knife i'm sure.

this bastard is beyond brutal as a work tool. it splits kindling like nobody's business & it does not need be some bullshit little ass twigs either. i've split firewood down into kindling with this knife. sometimes it may not feel so good on the palm of your hand beating the knife into the wood so it'll split

anyone want to help wash my dishes? tore up my L rotator cuff again the other day lifting one end of the couch 6 - 8 inches off the floor. if it isn't this, it's that & so on. complete horseshit. guess it makes us tough i don't know. life & pain seem to be what's up

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce