Options

chad's opinion thread

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    not sure, sir mcgruff10. i'm sure i've had & used montreal seasoning before. i see it at the store & will pick some up next time. the mind is quite foggy. this morning i broiled two ribeyes, threw some french fries on a cookie sheet & whipped up a couple cheese omelets. didn't have any mushrooms. life goes on & is tasty. used that szeged seasoning but didn't really rub it in much nor did i let it rest a few hrs in the refrigerator. nope just cooked them. some days i just aint got time to screw around, this here breakfast being one of them times

can't forget the coffee

what do you do w/ your meats, mcgruff10? the neighbor across the way & i are smoking pork loins today. we'll have plenty of bbq pork sandwiches for the weekend & next week. picked up a pork loin yesterday nearly as long as a man's arm. i cut it in 3rds. good to go.

mcgruff10, rgambs, mickeyrat, f me in the brain, hedonist, & whoever else - ever smoke a whole turkey? this is one of my upcoming events. it's a pain in the ass with the brine & bucket. where's chef speedy?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,796
    chadwick said:

not sure, sir mcgruff10. i'm sure i've had & used montreal seasoning before. i see it at the store & will pick some up next time. the mind is quite foggy. this morning i broiled two ribeyes, threw some french fries on a cookie sheet & whipped up a couple cheese omelets. didn't have any mushrooms. life goes on & is tasty. used that szeged seasoning but didn't really rub it in much nor did i let it rest a few hrs in the refrigerator. nope just cooked them. some days i just aint got time to screw around, this here breakfast being one of them times

can't forget the coffee

what do you do w/ your meats, mcgruff10? the neighbor across the way & i are smoking pork loins today. we'll have plenty of bbq pork sandwiches for the weekend & next week. picked up a pork loin yesterday nearly as long as a man's arm. i cut it in 3rds. good to go.

mcgruff10, rgambs, mickeyrat, f me in the brain, hedonist, & whoever else - ever smoke a whole turkey? this is one of my upcoming events. it's a pain in the ass with the brine & bucket. where's chef speedy?

havent made the time to smoke anything in tbe weber. hope to have the time for it soon enough.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    chadwick said:

can't forget the coffee

I've done it a time or 5... Never messed with any brine, just smoke and eat.
    I gave up on turkeys, I can smoke 3 chickens in half the time and they come out juicier anyways. Now I know turkey is superior to chicken, but the chicken takes the smoke flavoring deeper and like I said, juicier.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Never smoked a whole turkey but I be deep fried a few. sooo good.
    Chadwick, on my steak I go salt, pepper Amd evoo. Then the 60/40 rule.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Never smoked, nor fried, a whole turkey. Want to do both. My brother in law did it for Thanksgiving last year and told me smoked turkey was excellent. Many people told me that fried turkey is killer.
    Have a frozen bird in the garage freezer right now....need to thaw and cook that bad boy soon!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    Deep fried turkey is a-f***ing-mazing. My brother-in-law and I fry one for our family's Thanksgiving every year. We also rotisserie a pork loin. There's a reason Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Mr Chad, what is your opinion on the rotisserie?
  • Options
    never cooked on a rotisserie but have eaten rotisserie chicken from a deli. don't think that counts as much. never deep fried a turkey either

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

never cooked on a rotisserie but have eaten rotisserie chicken from a deli. don't think that counts as much. never deep fried a turkey either

You got to try it. It s amazing!!!
  • Options
    set up the turkey fryer AWAY from any structure. be slow and deliberate in putting it in the oil making sure there is no water on it. Follow the recommended oil amount to the ounce.

for fun search youtube turkey frying. 911 gets a workout.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I have to admit that seeing these makes me both want to try this more and not want to try this at all. Stay tuned! ;)

https://youtu.be/IP3qh6Qym40
  • Options
    So Chad. What do you think?

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    My Dad and I fried a turkey for thanksgiving about 13 years ago. Cajun fried. You cannot get the oil from the fryer off concrete/brick. Oh, and the turkey was TASTY as hell!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I ended up roasting the bird....didnt have the right equipment to fry, which I realized on July 3rd and decided I wanted to be lazy and sip on some beers instead, so roasting the bird on the 4th was just right. Some have hot dogs and hamburgers? We had a big ass Turkey and it was delicious.

Chadwick -- opinion on Ben Franklin being a damn genius?
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    This may not be a request on your opinion but...Where is 81?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    Chadwick buried him in his backyard. (Or, he left for Facebook, one or the other.)
  • Options
    deep fried turkey can't be that difficult. heat oil to 350f/176c. lower a relatively dry bird into the oil. add chili, caramel, two banana cream pies & a italian sub sandwich to the bubbling pot.

read your newspaper

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    my opinion is that 81 is here. he's a smartass

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ben was a monster, yes/no?
    https://youtu.be/tp61Yrj5lTA

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yes/yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXasKYQnL6o

Hope you and your knees and lovely lady are all doing well.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    hedonist said:

Yes/yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXasKYQnL6o

Hope you and your knees and lovely lady are all doing well.

; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIcESt9eYRk

• Options
    Ben Franklin rules!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    How's trix?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Ben Franklin rules!

he does that indeed. we need a ben franklin these days. too many are doing nothing or very little but somehow have positions of power. many are crooked worms. we need a ben franklin today

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

How's trix?

trix is well for the most part.

who or what is a trix?

hello there, mr. diamond. hope you are doing good

will you or have you went & seen alice in chains this year? we went & it was perfect. you ever seen them before? we had not

my opinion on alice in chains... hugely talented sound. brutally beautiful jams for the time of our lives. i still haven't said anything to my girl friend about what i'm about to type out here... i got teary eyed more than once from those bastards up on stage

the end

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Real men can cry, Chad.
    (Just don't blubber and scream while doing so. :rofl:)
  • Options
    thanks, dudeman. nope i won't flail about like a 6 yr old girl who isn't getting the barbie dream home or the 27 yr old young man who was just informed he isn't getting any capt'n crunch whilst his mom makes out the grocery list.

today, sir, you taught me something. the word "blubber" has more meaning than just a layer of fat between the skin & muscle layers. very well done, buddy.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I learn something every time I read this thread....so I am still behind!
    (The 27 year old man whose cell phone dies before he can capture the next Pokemon.)
  • Options
    frig a whole bunch of pokemon
    however, everyone has their things they enjoy
    & hey, more power to 'em as long as they aren't kickin me in the whatnots
    i'm just some boring, grouchy old kick in the pants who doesn't enjoy video games at all, not one single bit
    i'd rather toy around w/ my airlife medically issued breathing exercising apparatus & doze

off whilst writing

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    Chad,
    What kind of adult beverages are you consuming these days?
    Mike