Options

This place is dead anyway...

Comments

• Options
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    Aw-right! It's getting livelier around here. :)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562

hey

seeya at facebook
    what the fuck? I have a buddy who would say "I'd rather eat a dab of shit" or "I'd rather suck a d**k" :eek: than (go to facebook). Has it really come to this? I wouldn't even know how to find anyone on facebook. I can't undersstand how the mods can sit idly by and watch this place swirl down the shitter....

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,686
    imalive said:

hey

seeya at facebook
    what the fuck? I have a buddy who would say "I'd rather eat a dab of shit" or "I'd rather suck a d**k" :eek: than (go to facebook). Has it really come to this? I wouldn't even know how to find anyone on facebook. I can't undersstand how the mods can sit idly by and watch this place swirl down the shitter....

Well that's the main problem. Most of us don't even know each other's real names. How the fuck ate we supposed to move this over to facebook? We really can't. Also, taking my PJ world to FB is like two worlds colliding. I've got coworkers and family and shit reading my Facebook posts, and all ypur comments are public for all of those people to see on their newsfeed because hardly any of the PJ groups there are closed. Not that i'm saying anything i'm ashamed of or anything, but that everything there is posted where everyone (most of whom i don't even know if i know here or not), along with all of their friends and family is reading random posts because FB rebroadcasts shit to fucking everyone and their dog, makes me feel 1) extremely overly exposed, and 2) like i'm talking to mostly complete strangers. I don't think there is much of a sense of community there at all aside from one closed group that i know of. FB has it's uses, but it doesn't even come close to being able to replace the 10c forum, no matter how bad it looks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^^^ I thought your name was PJ. no?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    There are definitely two things I would say here on this forum that I would not say on Facebook and they are:

shitfuckdamnpisshell

and

shitpissfuckcuntcocksuckermotherfuckertits

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,686
    imalive said:

^^^^^ I thought your name was PJ. no?

:))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    I've thought a lot lately about joining fb as I've seen friends leave here since the change over. I just have no time to figure it all out and am still happy here to be amused by you all, hunt for my vinyls and Cracker Jack, answer silly polls and talk about favorite versions, shows, etc. I spend just the right amount of time everyday thinking about pj. I think fb would put me over the edge.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

hey

seeya at facebook

Well that's the main problem. Most of us don't even know each other's real names. How the fuck ate we supposed to move this over to facebook? We really can't. Also, taking my PJ world to FB is like two worlds colliding. I've got coworkers and family and shit reading my Facebook posts, and all ypur comments are public for all of those people to see on their newsfeed because hardly any of the PJ groups there are closed. Not that i'm saying anything i'm ashamed of or anything, but that everything there is posted where everyone (most of whom i don't even know if i know here or not), along with all of their friends and family is reading random posts because FB rebroadcasts shit to fucking everyone and their dog, makes me feel 1) extremely overly exposed, and 2) like i'm talking to mostly complete strangers. I don't think there is much of a sense of community there at all aside from one closed group that i know of. FB has it's uses, but it doesn't even come close to being able to replace the 10c forum, no matter how bad it looks.
    The 'Official' Pearl Jam Ten Club Forum is closed. Thats all I need. I dont subscribe to all those other stupid groups. No one can see my ranting and raving.

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    PJ_Soul said:

imalive said:

hey

seeya at facebook

this is a great point. i'm in a few of these pj groups on facebook but hardly ever post there for the reasons you lay out. plus they all act like they do in here: dumb fights back and forth with people making asses of themselves. i keep thinking to myself, YOU'RE REAL NAME IS RIGHT THERE NEXT TO THE NONSENSE YOU ARE TYPING FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE. boggles my mind how some of these people act.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FUCK. A. BUNCH. OF. FACEBOOK.

I have my pride..... ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11