Options

This place is dead anyway...

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
  • Options
    I'm starting to think 81 had a heads up on all this shit and that's why he left. Well played 81!

• Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    One thing I don't understand as a newcomer, and I certainly read more that I post, is how so many people that kept this place evolving for so long just up and left. I know it's not as simple as that, new forum concerns were not being addressed, frustration in the posts or lack there of, having a life outside of this place........ I have gone back the last few weeks and read older posts again, we all know it's a totally different vibe. For what it's worth, I come for the love of music and the band. I look forward to seeing what was going on with people that shared my appreciation for what was happening here. Even if it was a random posts about liking the way your farts smell, or the comments on the PJ dog collars, I could always count on a laugh by coming here. Some of you had made life long friends who grew to support each other, what a fucking fantastic place this had grown to be. It's been repeated how now this place sucks, blows, and is dead anyway. It will change eventually, it already has in the short time I've been here. If it means with new people that have less than 1000 posts, so be it. I would love to see the veterans back, some classic posts for sure, but the choice was made to move elsewhere to connect. Maybe people will check in occasionally and remember what brought them here in the first place, even if it no longer exists, whatever that may have been.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    As dead as this place may be, the Live Chat area is a ghost town. Hey, 10c, how about we just do away with that altogether and free up some space here? Just a thought.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562

Can't do facebook. Just won't do it. image

You can just make up a random profile like someone that use to be on here...you don't even have to friend any of us :)

don't know how to do it. Don't want to know how to do it. #fuckfacebook #fucktwitter #fuckhashtag

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,801
    wasa1971 said:

One thing I don't understand as a newcomer, and I certainly read more that I post, is how so many people that kept this place evolving for so long just up and left. I know it's not as simple as that, new forum concerns were not being addressed, frustration in the posts or lack there of, having a life outside of this place........ I have gone back the last few weeks and read older posts again, we all know it's a totally different vibe. For what it's worth, I come for the love of music and the band. I look forward to seeing what was going on with people that shared my appreciation for what was happening here. Even if it was a random posts about liking the way your farts smell, or the comments on the PJ dog collars, I could always count on a laugh by coming here. Some of you had made life long friends who grew to support each other, what a fucking fantastic place this had grown to be. It's been repeated how now this place sucks, blows, and is dead anyway. It will change eventually, it already has in the short time I've been here. If it means with new people that have less than 1000 posts, so be it. I would love to see the veterans back, some classic posts for sure, but the choice was made to move elsewhere to connect. Maybe people will check in occasionally and remember what brought them here in the first place, even if it no longer exists, whatever that may have been.

Yeah, I'm relatively new also (just over three years now) and have seen some changes. But this is nothing compared to other sites I've joined- particularly the Paul Westerberg site, Man Without Ties. I still like that place and the people there but it's a major ghost town compared to the PJ forum. Of course the fan base here is much larger so I doubt it will ever shrink that much. Percentage-wise, I think this one is doing better than some others out there.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    edited February 2014
    imageimage
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

image That's somehow mesmerizing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

kinda reminds me of this....

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

kinda reminds me of this....

I can't see the image. It just says "Image". :( Why does that happen on this forum?? I see that all the time!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I like how that rather large man just gave up any kind of resistance with his arms whatsoever and let his face be the brakes.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it is the arms. Those arms appear to move in a way that should not be possible. How do they go from straight out ahead to underneath him like that? Did he break them? Is that why he does not try to stop himself?

Mesmerizing indeed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think it is the arms. Those arms appear to move in a way that should not be possible. How do they go from straight out ahead to underneath him like that? Did he break them? Is that why he does not try to stop himself?

Mesmerizing indeed.
    no his arms did not break. he just rolled over them and he was moving too fast to get his arms out in front to try to stop himself.

• Options

JimmyV said:

PJ_Soul said:

Mesmerizing indeed.
    no his arms did not break. he just rolled over them and he was moving too fast to get his arms out in front to try to stop himself.
    Lol, well let's just hope it felt more natural for him than it looks, Hahaha.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    yeah its dead around here...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    proally go back to lurking. see where the band is playing. that's all
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    will someone please find me this dress?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    That is a nice dress.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    wasa1971 said:

the poetry section has scared many away as that is a rough group, therefore many are banned
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

all you need is a blue lace table cloth
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I have been here since the site was first here( same username even), in 95'. I have seen a lot of changes. I will see more. But I will not leave unless I get banned.. I too have gotten to " know" lots of people I here, but at this point, I am so used to influx, outflow, that the coming and going is normal now.. But it is eerie how quiet it has become.. But sooooo much nicer than the FB groups! They have become this massive forum in which to verbally assault one another.. It's terrible. Makes me appreciate Kat and Sea's job here all the more! Besides I'm sure THEY'RE enjoying a break??
  • Options
    chadwick said:

Oh Chadwick, you make me laugh.:)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

chad should start his own opinion thread.
    we would post random things and he would tell us what he thinks about them.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

chad should start his own opinion thread.
    we would post random things and he would tell us what he thinks about them.

Hahahaha!! That would definitely be interesting, and 100 % entertaining!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,801
    edited February 2014

I have been here since the site was first here( same username even), in 95'. I have seen a lot of changes. I will see more. But I will not leave unless I get banned.. I too have gotten to " know" lots of people I here, but at this point, I am so used to influx, outflow, that the coming and going is normal now.. But it is eerie how quiet it has become.. But sooooo much nicer than the FB groups! They have become this massive forum in which to verbally assault one another.. It's terrible. Makes me appreciate Kat and Sea's job here all the more! Besides I'm sure THEY'RE enjoying a break??

Dang! That goes back a ways. Very cool, Whispering! I've only been here about two and half years and have already noticed the way this place kind slowly morphs. Odd that this recent change has slowed things down though- but maybe it's because I've got that script thing going which give the place a good paint job and arranges the furniture nicely. I liked the previous site better but the script works too. So why has the hall emptied so? This is a great place to hear, see, learn, listen, goof, vent, explore, reach out, and even sometimes be enlightened a little. Good things rust when neglected too long. But we do the ev...

yeah, you got it...

evolution.

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.