This place is dead anyway...

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Can't do facebook. Just won't do it. image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I used to eat this site like bread and butter, used to read a lot. Porch, GTF and AET were my favorites/

Now I have read one thread, I feel like my eyes are bleeding. This couldn't be less user-friendly, I think.

THis sucks.

What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    That little fb group is a fun place to be. Gimme, loosen up and relax image

I'd still prefer the forum for shenanigans like that. Because then also Cav can join. People need to stop complaining and come back here again.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

I'd still prefer the forum for shenanigans like that. Because then also Cav can join. People need to stop complaining and come back here again.

I agree! ........ For all of those who are bored, maybe post something that isn't boring instead of waiting for others to entertain them? ..... I tried to say that in the least snotty-sounding way possible. Not sure if it worked. :-/
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189

yeah its probably better the less i know,. that way i can not be accused of being complicit in any of the craziness which may result from that group... :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Can't do facebook. Just won't do it. image

You can just make up a random profile like someone that use to be on here...you don't even have to friend any of us :)

Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Half the stuff we talk about aren't necessarily inside jokes, we all just have a similar sense of humor even though some of our overall personalities and ideas on things are different....Someone will just bring up some random comment or show some random picture and people just start to bullshit and talk and go off on tangents. I like that no one seems to get offended easily there and we can all make fun of each other about little things. :)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    i think part of it is that i very. very rarely posted on aet prior to my trip to wrigley, so i am kinda late to the party. after that trip i started to reach out to other forums a bit and got to know some people.... before then, most of my posts were from the porch and amt, so i hardly know anybody over in that other group. it is cool that nobody gets offended though.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,826
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree! ........ For all of those who are bored, maybe post something that isn't boring instead of waiting for others to entertain them? ..... I tried to say that in the least snotty-sounding way possible. Not sure if it worked. :-/
    It was stated in an earlier post that everyone needs to stop trying to be so nice we need controversy and I'm inclined to agree. You can't worry about if what you say is going to get someone's panties on a knot. I mean don't be a complete douche but still all this PC new agey touchy feely shit is ruining good dialogue
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

PJ_Soul said:

It was stated in an earlier post that everyone needs to stop trying to be so nice we need controversy and I'm inclined to agree. You can't worry about if what you say is going to get someone's panties on a knot. I mean don't be a complete douche but still all this PC new agey touchy feely shit is ruining good dialogue
    Lol. I don't think there is anything new-agey about this place! But sure, people should just say what they are thinking for the most part (I didn't want to sound snotty there because some of my friends are here and I legitimately didn't want them to think I was being a dick because that's not how I'm feeling).... I think the mods kind of scare people into not doing that though..... All last year there were so many perma-bans and detentions handed out. >:P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,031
    the old format of the board was like the rug The Dude had in The Big Lebowski. It really tied the room together.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    81 kept shit flowing here.
    #imoutsideallthegrouosherebutidontcare
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,826
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol. I don't think there is anything new-agey about this place! But sure, people should just say what they are thinking for the most part (I didn't want to sound snotty there because some of my friends are here and I legitimately didn't want them to think I was being a dick because that's not how I'm feeling).... I think the mods kind of scare people into not doing that though..... All last year there were so many perma-bans and detentions handed out. >:P
    That is too bad that the admins can't let people just be themselves, although I'm pretty sure it's a combo effect. There is probably someone(or more) that makes it their mission to complain about everyone's behavior cause there is one in every group. It's sad, I've been perusing older posts and there was some funny shit going on. Like I've said before I love it here but I'm afraid I arrived too late. :-?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    I can't believe there have been no adjustments since this site was changed… Looking at this site for more than a minute gives me a splitting headache…
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    The most active thread in this place is the "This place is dead" topic image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

The most active thread in this place is the "This place is dead" topic image

it's quite ironic, no?

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    Snow day yesterday. Stuck in the house all day. Not sure I looked at the boards even once.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    One CAN NOT post here for very long if one is anywhere near being tired. I'm tired so my time here will be very short.

Still blinded by the white.

Peace :)>-
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

One CAN NOT post here for very long if one is anywhere near being tired. I'm tired so my time here will be very short.

Use the fix. :)http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    PJ_Soul said:

g under p said:

Use the fix. :)http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox-chrome/p1
    Yes I've heard this but I just don't have time to do so much work.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Find myself on FB forum way more than here.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    g under p said:

PJ_Soul said:

g under p said:

Yes I've heard this but I just don't have time to do so much work.

Peace
    It takes about 30 seconds....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    I like it here ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Find myself on FB forum way more than here.....

I'm currently conversing about Laura Prepon's boobs on FB
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,409
    funny,i was looking at my profile here and saw the "visits"..so many,but is normal,cos have the forum as home page ..so everytime i open internet pages count as a visit here..but right away i clik yahoo to see my emails..
    if wasnt for the pm i dont see any reason to come here..
    i know with that changes that dude did its more cool..but i cant have this thing,cos at work i have IE,cant use anything else,im not allowed the changes,so i see the white crap,at mobile is the white,at home i use chrome but the old type isnt working well,so i have the black version and at my sis home they use firefox,so i use the retro version..
    well,its more confusing and just piss me off,instead of enjoying it here..
    not have to mention the biggest joke that "they working to make it better"
    edit your post and add your birthday that only u can see ,was the only things changed..
    and,its funny guys,cos most of u sleeping in europe morning time..
    you know how many comes here in tthe morning anymore???.europeans?.the same 3 people..Paul,Ian and another guy from London
    sometimes a random giuy selling or want to buy a spare euro tix..or ask if sevens arrive at europe
    thats all..this place was alive before..now its dead..
    thanks 10c ,that made something was beautiful to a monster....

and a biggest thanks for the Android app of the site.yep..the one you "promised"...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    imalive said:

Its pretty fun over on facebook.....

facebook is for teenage girls

>:P
    +1
    il stay here till the diehards come back or until im the new diehard!!!!!!!!!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Whoa ...

• Options
    hey
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,031

hey

'Sup
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.