Options

This place is dead anyway...

Comments

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    imalive said:

it just feels weird. i have been coming here near daily since the yield tour. i feel like i have become friendly with a lot of people on here and it sucks not "seeing" them around, ya know? .

totally. I spoke on the phone this weekend to a message pit legend (who shall remain un-named) and he said there's just nothing here worth commenting on.....but, in the good old days, it didn't matter.....we could discuss nothing....it was like a seinfeld episode.

what's the big deal, why unnamed?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

So I'm just gonna throw this out there, why don't you post the things you want to see here instead of complaining about on this thread? Start all the inane posts you want you never know it could totally take off.

That is an excellent idea in theory, but no one seems to in here anymore. I think there are only 5 of in AET right now. Place used to be jammed. Now I'll admit, there were a bunch on inane topics, but there were good conversations in there.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    exactly. why start threads if nobody is here to see them and comment on them?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    everyone is too nice. you need controversy. 8->
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    The same thing is happening in AMT- basically the same handful of people and because we're small in number you pretty much know how the others there feel about most issues.

So what is causing the drop off? People are too busy? Apathetic? Too many don't like the new format? S.P.A.M. (Seasonal Posting Affective Malady)?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    i am pretty sure it is a combination of the awful new forum and no american tour for awhile. i am thinking people might be on pearl jam overload, especially with the myriad of facebook fan sites that do not permaban people if they say something that somebody doesn't like. just my theory...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

Makes my work day suck even more. Page 1 of AET, you check on Monday and the same topics are on page 1 the following week. Some with no posts.

It's like at the end of Planet of the Apes when Charlton Heston sees the Statue of Liberty..."they did it, they finally did it". They managed to kill the place.

They still have the Porch where they have their "faithful", pun intended, who will go bat shit for a $35 t shirt when they release one. Oh well....back to work

I like the Porch. :-S
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Its pretty fun over on facebook.....

are any of the people on facebook pissed about their seniority being useless now?

• Options
    I wouldn't say this place is dead...
    I might say it sucks monkey balls....
    But I wouldn't say its dead.

:@)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258

This place sucks!
    What's with the pigface Speedy?

Stupid fn pigface! Hahahahaha
  • Options
    mca47 said:

This place sucks!

Pigface?
    Out of ALL the stupid fucking smilies here...
    I figured that one best represented me.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258

mca47 said:

This place sucks!

Pigface?

Hahahahahaha!
    New smilies suck.

Stupid fn pigface!

Hahahahaha
  • Options
    Peyton Manning is a stupid fucking PIGFACE!!!!!

• Options
    ~O)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Makes my work day suck even more. Page 1 of AET, you check on Monday and the same topics are on page 1 the following week. Some with no posts.

It's like at the end of Planet of the Apes when Charlton Heston sees the Statue of Liberty..."they did it, they finally did it". They managed to kill the place.

They still have the Porch where they have their "faithful", pun intended, who will go bat shit for a $35 t shirt when they release one. Oh well....back to work

I like the Porch. :-S

Oh, I do too. I have to read what a few have to say. I'm just not going to go nuts over another high priced T in the shop.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    glad to see speedy made it here to liven it up a bit!

seems less dead now.

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I used to like the pig that got up on the table and went a little crazy in that 80s movie Swamp Thing.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    i saw that movie as a kid, but do not remember any pig in it. i just remember "it only hurts when i laugh..."

• Options

~O)

I'd gladly help liven this place up but I hadn't noticed this particular smilie- cooooffeeee, need, coooooofffeeee.

imageimage Yeah well we still think the new smilies suck!

imageThat's right, they totally suck. Now go have your coffee.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    image~O)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

image~O)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    81 pretty much kept this place humming, all by himself
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

81 pretty much kept this place humming, all by himself

was this the answer to my question? ...what, i'm not good enough to quote? /:)

...and it was boring when that 81 dude was here too.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,927

You think? I can't stand it over there.

Even more whining than here, people stalking the band and posting photos of their family, Etsy advertisements...
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Even more whining than here, people stalking the band and posting photos of their family, Etsy advertisements...
    Not the "regular" pearl jam fb groups...I totally agree..."someone" started a new one that I'm actually enjoying...feels more like it used to be here...random often weird conversations...I like that sort of thing...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options

Not the "regular" pearl jam fb groups...I totally agree..."someone" started a new one that I'm actually enjoying...feels more like it used to be here...random often weird conversations...I like that sort of thing...
    Yeah, that groups not bad. ;)
    The problem with most of the PJ FB groups is that there are just too many people. It's impossible to follow sometimes, and hardly anyone is ever on the same wavelength. On the 10C forum, we pretty much all understand the scene. Man. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    PJ_Soul said:

The problem with most of the PJ FB groups is that there are just too many people. It's impossible to follow sometimes, and hardly anyone is ever on the same wavelength. On the 10C forum, we pretty much all understand the scene. Man. :P
    I agree...that's why I think the new one is pretty cool...there's minimal eddie pictures put up and more random convos.
    Although, it could use some more cat pictures :P And I like that I can talk to people that aren't here any more.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    edited February 2014

PJ_Soul said:

........ And I like that I can talk to people that aren't here any more.
    That's the best part for sure! :)
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107

mca47 said:

This place sucks!

Pigface?

perhaps we should revive the cincy 2006 discussion and speedy's feelings for it..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    there is a group over there where everything seems like an inside joke that everybody gets but me...

#outsider

This discussion has been closed.