Hear the fans - Bring Pearl Jam To Israel

1101112131416»

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited July 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

And let's not forget, the reason why civilians are getting caught in the crossfire is because Hamas is hiding weapons among them.

That's a fucking lie. And you have zero evidence to support the claim. The same lie that was parroted by Israel's apologists during the massacre of Gazans during Operation Cast Lead 2008-2009, and which no evidence was ever presented to support. In fact, every international investigation into these claims found zero evidence to corroborate them.

Meanwhile:

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/maureen-clare-murphy/why-did-they-kill-my-entire-family-asks-gaza-bombing-survivor
    As the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights stated today, a home cannot be classified as a military target because it is owned by a fighter. The lack of secondary explosions in homes targeted by Israel gives the lie to Israel’s claim that the houses were used for weapons storage.

The rights group says the houses are being destroyed as a punitive measure targeting members of armed groups in Gaza and their families.

Such collective punishment of civilians is a war crime.

Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 490
    edited July 2014
    Byrnzie said:

That's a fucking lie. And you have zero evidence to support the claim.

Clearly, the evidence that the weapons exist in Gaza would be the hundreds of weapons flying out of Gaza into Israel. I mean, you cannot be serious with that remark.

Hamas is very good at hiding the weapons, that I give you, and by their own admission they've gotten a lot better at it. They even made proud statements to that effect within the past 2 days.

As far as quoting statements, let's look at the official position of the United States of America:

"We strongly condemn the continuing rocket fire inside of Israel and the deliberate targeting of civilians by terrorist organizations in Gaza," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a news briefing on Tuesday. "No country can accept rocket fire aimed at civilians, and we support Israel's right to defend itself against these vicious attacks."

That says it all and again it certainly confirms exactly how we would respond in the same situation.
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
    edited July 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

Clearly, the evidence that the weapons exist in Gaza would be the hundreds of weapons flying out of Gaza into Israel. I mean, you cannot be serious with that remark.

Your claim was that weapons are being hidden amongst civilians, and that therefore it's perfectly acceptable to drop bombs on civilians. But there's no evidence that Hamas is hiding any weapons in amongst civilians. And there was no evidence of them doing so during Israel's large full scale assault on the people of Gaza either.
    Luckytwn1 said:

Hamas is very good at hiding the weapons, that I give you, and by their own admission they've gotten a lot better at it.

Did you just make that up because it sounded good?
    Luckytwn1 said:

They even made proud statements to that effect within the past 2 days.

Such as?
    Luckytwn1 said:

As far as quoting statements, let's look at the official position of the United States of America:

"We strongly condemn the continuing rocket fire inside of Israel and the deliberate targeting of civilians by terrorist organizations in Gaza," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a news briefing on Tuesday. "No country can accept rocket fire aimed at civilians, and we support Israel's right to defend itself against these vicious attacks."

That says it all and again it certainly confirms exactly how we would respond in the same situation.

You didn't answer my question.

Do you support Israel's illegal occupation and it's ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians?
    Byrnzie said:

Do you support Israel's illegal occupation and it's ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians?

Do you enjoy beating your wife/girlfriend? Same sort of straw man.

I'm not going to play your games. To answer your question seriously would be to give legitimacy to the question and it is completely illegitimate.

What I support is Israel's right to defend itself against terrorists.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Luckytwn1 said:

Byrnzie said:

I'm not going to play your games. To answer your question seriously would be to give legitimacy to the question and it is completely illegitimate.

I see, so one side is allowed to defend itself with bombing the shit out of the other side. But the other side has to sit still and quiet while their land is raped right out from under them. Interesting logic there. Funny how everytime you Israeli apologists come out, it's always-Israel has the right to defend itself and blah blah blah blah. What about the Palestinians? What are they supposed to do? Must suck to have only 1 fucken country to have your back. Israel is sooooo fucken lucky America has spineless cowards working in congress and the senate. Fill their pockets with money or threaten to ruin their political careers if they dnt play ball with you. What's gonna happen to Israel when the American empire falls and no ones there to veto any shit for them. What's gonna happen to Israel if these fucktards in congress finally grew some fucken balls and said enough. Dnt worry Israel, none of that's gonna happen because aipac won't allow it to. Can't fucken believe it, 1 rogue country being allowed to run ape shit on the Palestinians. When will it stop....
    badbrains said:

I see, so one side is allowed to defend itself with bombing the shit out of the other side. But the other side has to sit still and quiet while their land is raped right out from under them. Interesting logic there. Funny how everytime you Israeli apologists come out, it's always-Israel has the right to defend itself and blah blah blah blah. What about the Palestinians? What are they supposed to do? Must suck to have only 1 fucken country to have your back. Israel is sooooo fucken lucky America has spineless cowards working in congress and the senate. Fill their pockets with money or threaten to ruin their political careers if they dnt play ball with you. What's gonna happen to Israel when the American empire falls and no ones there to veto any shit for them. What's gonna happen to Israel if these fucktards in congress finally grew some fucken balls and said enough. Dnt worry Israel, none of that's gonna happen because aipac won't allow it to. Can't fucken believe it, 1 rogue country being allowed to run ape shit on the Palestinians. When will it stop....

It's comical and a little frightening to read such ignorance. But just to attempt to alleviate some of your ignorance and assure you that America is not the only country backing Israel, here is the position of the UK government:

A Downing Street spokeswoman said: "The Prime Minister spoke to prime minister Netanyahu earlier this evening about the situation in Israel.

"The Prime Minister strongly condemned the appalling attacks being carried out by Hamas against Israeli civilians.

"The Prime Minister reiterated the UK's staunch support for Israel in the face of such attacks, and underlined Israel's right to defend itself from them."

And the position of the French:

François Hollande declared France’s “solidarity” with Israel in a telephone call to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday evening. The Israeli government must do whatever is needed to protect its people, the French president said.

Canada:

Canada’s Harper “reiterated Canada’s steadfast support for Israel and its right to defend itself against these terror attacks,” his official website states. He agreed with Netanyahu that “Hamas must end its targeted attacks on Israeli citizens.”

Shall I go on?

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

It's comical and a little frightening to read such ignorance. But just to attempt to alleviate some of your ignorance and assure you that America is not the only country backing Israel, here is the position of the UK government:

A Downing Street spokeswoman said: "The Prime Minister spoke to prime minister Netanyahu earlier this evening about the situation in Israel.

"The Prime Minister strongly condemned the appalling attacks being carried out by Hamas against Israeli civilians.

"The Prime Minister reiterated the UK's staunch support for Israel in the face of such attacks, and underlined Israel's right to defend itself from them."

François Hollande declared France’s “solidarity” with Israel in a telephone call to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday evening. The Israeli government must do whatever is needed to protect its people, the French president said.

Canada:

Canada’s Harper “reiterated Canada’s steadfast support for Israel and its right to defend itself against these terror attacks,” his official website states. He agreed with Netanyahu that “Hamas must end its targeted attacks on Israeli citizens.”

Shall I go on?

They to Dare Speak Out: People and Institutions Confront Israel's Lobby
    Book by Paul Findley
    They to Dare Speak Out: People and Institutions Confront Israel's Lobby is a bestselling book that was written in 1985, had a second edition published in 1989 and a third in 2003 by American former Representative/Congressman Paul Findley. Wikipedia
    Published: 1985
    Author: Paul Findley

Read it, I suggest everyone who's into politics read this book and see what's really going on in Washington. This is where I got some of my ignorance that you're frightened of.

Shall I go on......
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    You all amuse me lol.. laugh its quite funny if you see the funny side of things..
    edited July 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

Byrnzie said:

How is my question illegitimate? The occupation is illegal under international law, and Palestinians are being forcefully evicted from their homes to make way for Jews.
    Do you support the occupation, and the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians, or don't you?
    JWPearl said:

You all amuse me lol.. laugh its quite funny if you see the funny side of things..

Wish it was something funny to laugh about. Unfortunately it's not and this is what happens when people on both sides are passionate about the cause.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sorry
    badbrains said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

Canada:

Shall I go on?

Book by Paul Findley
    They to Dare Speak Out: People and Institutions Confront Israel's Lobby is a bestselling book that was written in 1985, had a second edition published in 1989 and a third in 2003 by American former Representative/Congressman Paul Findley. Wikipedia

Read it, I suggest everyone who's into politics read this book and see what's really going on in Washington. This is where I got some of my ignorance that you're frightened of.

Shall I go on......
    The NY Times review of said book from 1985.

"So it is an angry, one-sided book that seems often to be little more than a stringing together of stray incidents. It treats the organized supporters of Israel in the United States as a mean monolith and does not really accept the idea that people of any political point of view are entitled to organize, support their friends and try to defeat the people they think are their enemies."

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/07/14/books/in-short-nonfiction-111845.html

Plus he's a known Liberty conspiracy theorist. Are you next going to cite people who think 9/11 was actually conducted by the American government?

Israel is probably the only issue that there is widespread agreement on between Democrats and Republicans at this point. AIPAC is a great organization but they are not responsible for that agreement. I've been in the room with members of Congress discussing this issue and most of them have a deeply rooted appreciation for the circumstances that Israel lives with every day. Rahm Emmanuel, when he was in the House and then he was Chief of Staff, perhaps the most powerful position in Washington other than the President himself, do you think he needed AIPAC to tell him what to think?
    Ignore what he said and if you're interested in politics, READ this book.
    edited July 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

I've been in the room with members of Congress discussing this issue and most of them have a deeply rooted appreciation for the circumstances that Israel lives with every day.

And what circumstances might they be? Are you trying to pretend that the Israelis are the victims in this conflict? If so, then can you enlighten me as to how one of the worlds most powerful militaries, supported by the Worlds only superpower, that happens to be engaged in a 47 year old illegal occupation and land-grab against a poor and largely defenceless people, can described as the victim?

Then when you're done, can you answer my other question? Do you support Israel's illegal occupation and it's ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians?

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

Canada:

Shall I go on?

Book by Paul Findley

Shall I go on......
    The NY Times review of said book from 1985.

"So it is an angry, one-sided book that seems often to be little more than a stringing together of stray incidents. It treats the organized supporters of Israel in the United States as a mean monolith and does not really accept the idea that people of any political point of view are entitled to organize, support their friends and try to defeat the people they think are their enemies."

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/07/14/books/in-short-nonfiction-111845.html

Plus he's a known Liberty conspiracy theorist. Are you next going to cite people who think 9/11 was actually conducted by the American government?

Israel is probably the only issue that there is widespread agreement on between Democrats and Republicans at this point. AIPAC is a great organization but they are not responsible for that agreement. I've been in the room with members of Congress discussing this issue and most of them have a deeply rooted appreciation for the circumstances that Israel lives with every day. Rahm Emmanuel, when he was in the House and then he was Chief of Staff, perhaps the most powerful position in Washington other than the President himself, do you think he needed AIPAC to tell him what to think?
    Also, how come when governor Christie made the "mistake" of saying "occupied territories" he had to HAUL his fat ass to Vegas and apologize with his tail between his legs during that republican conference? What was he scared of? All because he said "occupied territories" really? Where you sitting in on that conference too? While you're at it and seem to know rahm, why dnt you get him to have pearl jam play in Israel? I hear he's pretty tite with vedder.
    Luckytwn1, you still haven't answered my question. Why is that?

edited July 2014
    I'll take your continued silence as a 'yes' then.

And you had the fucking audacity to claim that I'm a racist?

Priceless.

Meanwhile:

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/cut-power-gaza-dialysis-patients-knesset-deputy-speaker-urges

Cut off power to Gaza dialysis patients, Knesset deputy speaker urges

“The blood of a dialysis patient in Gaza is not redder than the blood of our IDF [Israeli army] soldiers who will, God forbid, need to enter [Gaza],” said Moshe Feiglin, the deputy speaker of the Knesset, Israel’s parliament, on Wednesday.

“Therefore I call on the prime minister who we all support in this difficult hour, before we send the IDF into Gaza, we should simply shut down their electricity,” he added.

...When lawmaker Ibrahim Sarsour of the United Arab List party condemned Israel’s attack on Gaza, Feiglin orders guards to forcibly remove him from the podium and expel him.

............................................................................................................................................................................................
    This should get Israel's shills reaching for their idf.com handbook of lies, evasions, and excuses...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/12/israel-continues-gaza-bombardment-pushing-death-toll-past-120

Early on Saturday 16 Palestinians were reported to have died in a wave of Israeli air strikes as Operation Protective Edge entered its fifth day.

Among them were two people killed in a strike that hit a charitable association for the disabled in Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza...
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Byrnzie said:

Luckytwn1, you still haven't answered my question. Why is that?

Byrnzie,welcome back.Glad you are still playing the same record and asking the same loaded question.
    I don't think anyone on this chat is for ethnic cleansing of anyone!I also don't think your view of what is and what isn't ethnic cleansing is correct.(as you and I have gone in circles about).

There has been multiple stories on CNN with video of Hammas and Palestinian leaders(?)calling for women and children NOT to leave the homes/strongholds and buildings that Hammas is trying to protect but to stay put.Using innocents as Human shields is not cool guys.I don't care what the underlying cause of hostilities is.Also,Ive heard the IDF is calling ahead and giving a heads up to all occupants to minimize loss of life.That does not sound to me like ethnic cleansing.Is Hammas calling Israeli cities giving them the same warning???
    IMO if the Israelis wanted to "cleanse" Gaza and did not give a shit about innocent life they could level the entire Gaza and West Bank area via Carpet bombing in about 15 min leaving nothing but real estate ready for new shopping malls and beachfront condos.They have the means for sure,and wouldn't have to deal with troublesome rockets shot into Israeli cities on a daily basis afterwards,Or the thought of casualties on their side with a ground offensive.So I would say not only have they(Israelis) showed great restraint but also are trying to limit loss of life.

Lucky is correct.If Canada or mexico was shooting random missiles into American cities we would "light them up".
    I have a feeling short of some of the knuckleheads on both sides demanding and wanting peace,this little skirmish is not going to end well for the Palestinian areas.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,790
    Same shit, different day.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    GTFOG
This discussion has been closed.